True or false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly it's apparent that you have done no examining of the foundational beliefs & doctrines of Mormonism to know it has nothing to do with Christianity.
As the LDS members on here deny the info in the videos and articles that people have posted - and which all the ones I've looked at seem to agree with - I wondered if in fact their institution is rather like the Masons. i.e. The members come in at grass roots level and are taught certain certain things but then as they become committed and progress through the 'ranks' more of the cult's secrets are unlocked for them of which the ordinary members are unaware. Just a thought.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Luther nor Calvin were very kind or loving men, they had scholarly gifts but, I have not read or heard anything about them that shows even a scintilla of Christ love towards others.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God."
~John Calvin

"There is no group or type of people anywhere in the world that is excluded from salvation, because God desires that the gospel be proclaimed to all without exception."
~John Calvin

"Assuredly there is but one way in which to achieve what is not merely difficult but utterly against human nature: to love those who hate us, to repay their evil deeds with benefits, to return blessings for reproaches. It is that we remember not to consider men's evil intention but to look upon the image of God in them, which cancels and effaces their transgressions, and with its beauty and dignity allures us to love and embrace them."
~John Calvin

"That man is truly humble who neither claims any personal merit in the sight of God, nor proudly despises brethren, or aims at being thought superior to them, but reckons it enough that he is one of the members of Christ, and desires nothing more than that the Head alone should be exalted."
~John Calvin

"Our prayer must not be self-centered. It must arise not only because we feel our own need as a burden we must lay upon God, but also because we are so bound up in love for our fellow men that we feel their need as acutely as our own. To make intercession for men is the most powerful and practical way in which we can express our love for them."
~John Calvin

Reactions: Helen

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the LDS members on here deny the info in the videos and articles that people have posted - and which all the ones I've looked at seem to agree with - I wondered if in fact their institution is rather like the Masons. i.e. The members come in at grass roots level and are taught certain certain things but then as they become committed and progress through the 'ranks' more of the cult's secrets are unlocked for them of which the ordinary members are unaware. Just a thought.
I think you are absolutely right, Pearl.

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You and I have been thinking the very same thing...kind of like the men only being allowed in the Temple thing? I can only pray for discernment and the grace to have the humility to SEE when "truth" becomes a lie. I like Jane Doe. She seems to be sincere and consistent in her own beliefs. Yes...a grass roots level where, of course-lol-Men are the only ones with this secret "knowledge"?

Reactions: Pearl

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the LDS members on here deny the info in the videos and articles that people have posted
I have stated repeatedly that literally every single sentence in those videos is false information. They are nothing more than blind propaganda that doesn't remotely hold up to face checking. I've already covered specific parts giving the good information, and offered to cover any subject.

How much more of a denial do you want?
I wondered if in fact their institution is rather like the Masons. i.e. The members come in at grass roots level and are taught certain certain things but then as they become committed and progress through the 'ranks' more of the cult's secrets are unlocked for them of which the ordinary members are unaware. Just a thought.
^That's a video created illusion.

Fact: Your average LDS Christian holds the same 'rank' as even top leaders. Literally attending the same classes with ordinary folks, having the same lessons, the same resources, and encouraged to do the same studies. Resources are open the exact same to everyone.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I have been thinking the very same thing...kind of like the men only being allowed in the Temple thing? I can only pray for discernment and the grace to have the humility to SEE when "truth" becomes a lie. I like Jane Doe. She seems to be sincere and consistent in her own beliefs. Yes...a grass roots level where, of course-lol-Men are the only ones with this secret "knowledge"?

The claim that "only men can attend the temple" is 100% false, just like everything else in the videos and other "experts" on Mormonism post on here. Total bunk.

Reality: men and women attend the temple. Yes, this is literally rank and file members, including the vast majority of folks sitting in any LDS congregation. There isn't any secret club.

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She does.
I thank you and @Nancy for the compliment.

I'm just trying to clarify what LDS Christian *actually* believe, versus all those lies hate/fear filled videos/posts. Just to be entirely honest about things, because I'm OCD and my Lord Jesus Christ commands me to be truthful. I acknowledge and totally respect that other people have different beliefs, and won't lift a finger to try to change any of that. I do want to be truthful and factual about what all people believe.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Luther nor Calvin were very kind or loving men
"God does not need your good works, but your neighbor does."
~Martin Luther

"The whole being of any Christian is faith and love. Faith brings the person to God, love brings the person to people."
~Martin Luther

"It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor."
`~Martin Luther

"Prayer is climbing up into the heart of God."
~Martin Luther

"Lord, grant that anger or other bitterness does not reign over us, but that your grace, genuine kindness, loyalty, and every kind of friendliness, generosity, and gentleness may reign in us." Amen
~Martin Luther

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
~Martin Luther

"There are some of us who think to ourselves, 'If I had only been there! How quick I would have been to help the Baby. I would have washed His linen. How happy I would have been to go with the shepherds to see the Lord lying in the manger!' Why don't we do it now? We have Christ in our neighbor."
~Martin Luther

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm just trying to clarify what LDS Christian *actually* believe, versus all those lies hate/fear filled videos/posts. Just to be entirely honest about things, because I'm OCD and my Lord Jesus Christ commands me to be truthful. I acknowledge and totally respect that other people have different beliefs, and won't lift a finger to try to change any of that. I do want to be truthful and factual about what all people believe.
"I acknowledge and totally respect that other people have different beliefs, and won't lift a finger to try to change any of that. I do want to be truthful and factual about what all people believe."

This I can see by now Jane :) none of us can be so cemented in all of our beliefs that we are to be unmovable or unteachable. I just make sure to always pray that God gives me discernment when needed and that I will always follow His leading ♥

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LDS is not a Christian denomination, you are deceived and trying to create a false pretense.
This has always been the way of False teachers & their counterfeit religious groups , it is how others are lead AWAY by False Teachers & False teachings , Lead away from the God, & and AWAY from the Savior Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OCD is not the equivalent of honesty and truth. You are trying to appoint yourself as incapable of telling a falsehood because of OBSESSIVE Compulsive Disorder. That is on it's face a lie.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I acknowledge and totally respect that other people have different beliefs, and won't lift a finger to try to change any of that. I do want to be truthful and factual about what all people believe."

This I can see by now Jane :) none of us can be so cemented in all of our beliefs that we are to be unmovable or unteachable. I just make sure to always pray that God gives me discernment when needed and that I will always follow His leading ♥
When it comes to discernment on the truth what a person believes, your best source is simply asking that person and listening.
When it comes to discernment on what is God's Truth is, your best source is simply asking Him and listening.

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to discernment on the truth what a person believes, your best source is simply asking that person and listening.
When it comes to discernment on what is God's Truth is, your best source is simply asking Him and listening.
The question is how do you ask?

Mormons I have talked to says they know it is true in their heart.

But the Bible says the heart is deceitful above anything else.

So when you say ask God, what does that mean? Just prayer? Prayer and the book of Mormon and other documents? Prayer and your church leadership? Just your church leadership?

The Bible filtered through your church?

The Bible for what it says.

The Bible for what it says and the Holy Spirit?

So your simple answer is not so simple.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;)

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is how do you ask?

Mormons I have talked to says they know it is true in their heart.

But the Bible says the heart is deceitful above anything else.

So when you say ask God, what does that mean? Just prayer? Prayer and the book of Mormon and other documents? Prayer and your church leadership? Just your church leadership?

The Bible filtered through your church?

The Bible for what it says.

The Bible for what it says and the Holy Spirit?

So your simple answer is not so simple.

Well Core, I could ask YOU about what YOU believe, or I could just believe what SOMEBODY ELSE tells me ABOUT YOU. Which would you choose?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LDS is not a Christian, you are deceived and trying to create a false pretense.
This has always been the way of False teachers & their counterfeit religious groups , it is how others are lead AWAY by False Teachers & False teachings , Lead away from the God, & and AWAY from the Savior Jesus Christ of the Bible.
OCD is not the equivalent of honesty and truth. You are trying to appoint yourself as incapable of telling a falsehood because of OBSESSIVE Compulsive Disorder. That is on it's face a lie.
tzcho2, I'm OCD truthful. Not because of an actual neurological disorder, but simply out of choice: I am that dedicated to being factual and truthful as my Lord Christ commands. I'm also super dedicated to love my neighbor as I love myself.

I would love to have a high quality conversation with you, but your posts are full of personal attacks and fear. That's not a high quality conversation, that's berating and hate. Therefore, I'm going to step away from any conversation with you and place you on "ignore".

Have a nice day.

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly it's apparent that you have done no examining of the foundational beliefs & doctrines of Mormonism to know it has nothing to do with Christianity.

Mormon Church Articles of Faith;
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

IF YOU have an issue with ^THAT^ , you will have to wrestle between what THEY Believe and what YOU Believe.

Personally, I have NO ISSUE with their declaration, nor mine.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tzcho2, I'm OCD truthful. Not because of an actual neurological disorder, but simply out of choice: I am that dedicated to being factual and truthful as my Lord Christ commands. I'm also super dedicated to love my neighbor as I love myself.

I would love to have a high quality conversation with you, but your posts are full of personal attacks and fear. That's not a high quality conversation, that's berating and hate. Therefore, I'm going to step away from any conversation with you and place you on "ignore".

Have a nice day.
Sometimes just the simple click of the Ignore option can restore a peace. Could also be God's way of answering prayer that He restore His Spirit of Love and edification, humility... on this forum. Would He say to put those who bring the spirit of nastiness, arrogance and knowing all things kind of things on ignore? Remove the bad from us, do not run away from it. Simple :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormon Church Articles of Faith;
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

IF YOU have an issue with ^THAT^ , you will have to wrestle between what THEY Believe and what YOU Believe.

Personally, I have NO ISSUE with their declaration, nor mine.

Glory to God,
Taken

Yes Taken, same core doctrines far as I can tell.