True or false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophecies say that soon after the woman would emerge from wilderness in 1798 A.D. after the 1,260 years of seclusion which began with the reign of the Little Horn papal Antichrist in 538 A.D., a "remnant" church would arise which would "keep the commandmetns of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" (which is the "spirit of prophecy"). Satan understood this, so around the middle of the 19th century, he started to flood the land with false prophets of every stripe and type, all having one thing in common: to lead people away from the truth of Scripture:

Helena Petrovna Blavatsky - wrote "'The Secret Doctrine", "Isis Revealed", books which exalt Lucifer above Jesus (I.R is a book that proves "Isis" is precisely the "female generative aspect" of the male Lucifer) - pledged her life to preparing the world for the "Coming One", which is not Jesus Christ but the Luciferian Christ which will deceive by way of miracles everyone who takes the Mark of the Beast.

Albert Pike
: founded Scottish Rite Freemasonry, published "Morals and Dogmas" which is considered the "bible" of Freemasonry. Proudly exalted Lucifer as the god of Freemasonry and the true light of men.

Charles Taze Russell - 33 Degree Freemason - the god of Freemasonry is Lucifer and it exalts the Koran above both the Bible and the Torah. Jehovah's Witnesses literature is chock full of subliminal Luciferian messages.

Joanna Southcott - claimed to be the "Mother of Christ" and that she was pregnant with the "Messiah" of the Second Coming. So convinced her followers that her body was examined to see if it was so.

Mary Baker Eddy wrote "the material record of the Bible, …is no more important to our well being than the history of Europe and America."

N. Vincent Peale championed "self esteem" and self-actuated "positive thinking" - condemned in the Bible.

Joseph Smith - wrote the Book of Mormon as "another testament" which completely abrogates the Bible.

Brigham Young - claimed to receive visions from God, continued Joseph Smith's work.

Nostrodamas - injected himself with heroin to receive "prophecies from God"

Edgar Cayce - "healer" prophet who denied the incarnation of Christ, but that the "Spirit of Christ" descended on many men throughout the ages beginning in 100,000 B.C. with men of the lost city of Atlantis and included the man regarded by Christians as Jesus Christ

Pope Pius X - claimed to be a prophet, but is disqualified as such by Isaiah 8:20 in that the papacy proudly boasts to have changed the Law of God.

Aleister Crowley - made it his mission to submerge himself into the farthest depths of Luciferian worship debauchery

Yep, Satan has been very busy...

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People often use that same argument against Christianity as a whole.
I'm a fan of learning and critically thinking: don't believe anything just because someone told you. Rather, I go out and experience things myself. That's part of the reason I've studied dozens of faiths in their own worship places, from their own sources & teachers, applying critical thinking.
So Jane, were you into an LDS family or are you a convert? And what attracted you and convinced you that it was better than other churches/beliefs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the LDS official materials in the Mormon thread.

Then try to tell me I'm wrong.

Read the LDS position in their articles of faith, beginning with article one.

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
then tell yourself you are wrong.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

Glory to God,
Taken

You need to read a lot more than that.

The Trinity they are describing their is not the biblical Trinity. It is the Mormon Trinity.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jane, were you into an LDS family or are you a convert? And what attracted you and convinced you that it was better than other churches/beliefs?
I am where I am because that's where my Lord Christ commands me to be. I acknowledge and respect that other reach other conclusions, but for me, I must go where my Lord commands me.
But God speaks through the bible.
Yes, but more than just hough that channel. Being able to get down on my knees, pray, and communion with God directly is a really important thing for me.
And have you ever been to a temple?
So that video gave you a ton of downright false information about LDS Christian temples. None of that bunk is real, and can just go to the garbage.

Now, what an LDS Christian temple really is: it is a place specifically set apart for prayer, study, and communing with God. It's all about coming closer to Christ, and devoting ourselves to Him. And yes, I have devoted myself to him in all places, including at the temple.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22 do LDS speak in tongues?
For me, speaking in tongues is not about speaking in glossolalia (words that regular folks don't understand). As I read Acts and other books, I see the gift of tongues being used to speak in words that people can understand-- speaking in that person's own tongue so that they can better understand the words of God.

For my personal particular flavor of this gift, I fid it more being no translating literal languages (English to Chinese), but being able bridge different groups. For example, being able speak with a Catholic and being able look past the surface words and understand the deeper meaning of the are saying. To better come to understand their love of God- to understand/speak "Catholic-ese" so to say. Same with "Baptist-ese" or "Lutheran-ese" or "LDS-ese" etc.

I do realize that was probably not the response you were thinking of when you wrote that question.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we were out in town today we were approached by two Mormon missionaries. We told them we had been born-again Christians for a long time and my husband asked if they believed they would go to heaven. They told us that their place in heaven had to be earned through good works. What do you believe? True or false? Personally I believe it to be false and they are spreading a different gospel.

Sorry I seldom come here anymore, and I just caught your Thread!! I believe that our Faith Produces work's, So in essence it is a Truth, it is the Manor in which it is intended, If I have to do something against my will, then it is not natural, it becomes a task! Faith should arouse a desire to do what is becoming of the Savior's Attribute's. Faith, Love, Heal, Pray, Feed, Cloth, Walk an old Lady across a street for crying out loud, Sorry I couldn't resist!!! Works should become part of our nature. as it was Part of Him. Thus-- Work's without Faith are dead, and Faith without Work's are dead! It Was So from the Beginning?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am where I am because that's where my Lord Christ commands me to be. I acknowledge and respect that other reach other conclusions, but for me, I must go where my Lord commands me.

Yes, but more than just hough that channel. Being able to get down on my knees, pray, and communion with God directly is a really important thing for me.

So that video gave you a ton of downright false information about LDS Christian temples. None of that bunk is real, and can just go to the garbage.

Now, what an LDS Christian temple really is: it is a place specifically set apart for prayer, study, and communing with God. It's all about coming closer to Christ, and devoting ourselves to Him. And yes, I have devoted myself to him in all places, including at the temple.

That is a false claim but the video is so true or what the temples are for.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Glory to God,
Taken
So are you LDS also Taken?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to read a lot more than that.

Why?

The Trinity they are describing their is not the biblical Trinity.
Their statement is:
They believe in God, the Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

And you? If not the Father, Son, Holy Spirit...
what is the "biblical Trinity", that you believe in, IF not the SAME they proclaim?

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I seldom come here anymore, and I just caught your Thread!! I believe that our Faith Produces work's, So in essence it is a Truth, it is the Manor in which it is intended, If I have to do something against my will, then it is not natural, it becomes a task! Faith should arouse a desire to do what is becoming of the Savior's Attribute's. Faith, Love, Heal, Pray, Feed, Cloth, Walk an old Lady across a street for crying out loud, Sorry I couldn't resist!!! Works should become part of our nature. as it was Part of Him. Thus-- Work's without Faith are dead, and Faith without Work's are dead! It Was So from the Beginning?

Good post @Truth ,if it is not naturally done in love and joy, it's works.
So nice to see your face! I bet you spend little on razors, lol! ♥

Reactions: Helen