True or false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I seldom come here anymore, and I just caught your Thread!! I believe that our Faith Produces work's, So in essence it is a Truth, it is the Manor in which it is intended, If I have to do something against my will, then it is not natural, it becomes a task! Faith should arouse a desire to do what is becoming of the Savior's Attribute's. Faith, Love, Heal, Pray, Feed, Cloth, Walk an old Lady across a street for crying out loud, Sorry I couldn't resist!!! Works should become part of our nature. as it was Part of Him. Thus-- Work's without Faith are dead, and Faith without Work's are dead! It Was So from the Beginning?
Well said

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, they have their "excuse" to hate blacks!
(I missed this comment earlier)
The video is completely wrong about that too.
The history of race & faith in the USA is a complicated one. In the 1800's the US was still a slave nation, and many Christian congregations uses the Bible to justify that slavery. Even those which did not, congregations were strictly separated by race. Early LDS Christians bucked this trend: openly abolitionists and inviting black members to be part of their congregations, even being priests over white members. Such stances contributed to them being driven out of 3 different US states, to flee to what was then completely unoccupied and inhospitable territory (now known Utah).

Tensions were very tight between the US government and the LDS Christian Utah-ites, with the US government literally sending out the military to forcefully to occupy UT as one point. Somewhere in this early UT time period, a church policy came about to not ordain any more blacks to be priests, though congregations were still inter-racial (always have been). Why/when exactly this policy came to be, historians don't really know. The personal racism of Brigham Young was undoubtably a contributing factor (yes, all mortal leaders are mortal and have flaws, and policies are human things which change over time). This policy was later officially revoked via revelation from God.

A more in-depth write up of things: Race and the Priesthood

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good grief.
Funny how he who is not a Mormon thinks of himself as an expert on Mormonism.

Glory to God,
Taken
If anyone wants to to address any of CoreIssue's "expert" comments, let me know and I will. I'm just not responding to CoreIssue him/herself because I have in the past repeatedly, and have always been completely ignored, so now consider it to be a waste of time.

Reactions: Taken and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The history of race & faith in the USA is a complicated one. In the 1800's the US was still a slave nation, and many Christian congregations uses the Bible to justify that slavery. Even those which did not, congregations were strictly separated by race. Early LDS Christians bucked this trend: openly abolitionists and inviting black members to be part of their congregations, even being priests over white members. Such stances contributed to them being driven out of 3 different US states, to flee to what was then completely unoccupied and inhospitable territory (now known Utah).

Tensions were very tight between the US government and the LDS Christian Utah-ites, with the US government literally sending out the military to forcefully to occupy UT as one point. Somewhere in this early UT time period, a church policy came about to not ordain any more blacks to be priests, though congregations were still inter-racial (always have been). Why/when exactly this policy came to be, historians don't really know. The personal racism of Brigham Young was undoubtably a contributing factor (yes, all mortal leaders are mortal and have flaws, and policies are human things which change over time). This policy was later officially revoked via revelation from God.
The LDS did not allow Blacks into the priesthood until political pressure became so great they had the cave.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone wants to to address any of CoreIssue's "expert" comments, let me know and I will. I'm just not responding to CoreIssue him/herself because I have in the past repeatedly, and have always been completely ignored, so now consider it to be a waste of time.
I repeat, the link contains official LDS materials.

The history of the founders of the LDS as well.

Study their sacred documents.

Compare them to the Bible.

It is a cult.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their father is literally the father of Jesus by sex.

There Holy Spirit is not a person.

I have already acknowledged, TEACHING METHODS among Denominations fuel the discourse among men.

I could care less if Mormons call the Holy Spirit a person or not. It does not undermine their belief IN the Holy Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already acknowledged, TEACHING METHODS among Denominations fuel the discourse among men.

I could care less if Mormons call the Holy Spirit a person or not. It does not undermine their belief IN the Holy Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken
But it's not the Holy Spirit of the Bible.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok thanks for the offer.
I think you have been explicitedly clear of what you believe and which denomination you chose to associate with.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not like my answers.

Nor was I going to take our discussion private as you wanted.

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2wbz0go.jpg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, that's a downright personal attack.
Let's be honest and let's face it. Those Mormon missionaries are generally kids who are wet behind the ears. They have definitely been brainwashed with the Mormon *gospel* which is a mishmash of faith and works. It is sad to see these earnest young people sowing the seeds of a false gospel when they could be zealously in promoting the true Gospel.

Reactions: Pearl and tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's be honest and let's face it. Those Mormon missionaries are generally kids who are wet behind the ears. They have definitely been brainwashed with the Mormon *gospel* which is a mishmash of faith and works. It is sad to see these earnest young people sowing the seeds of a false gospel when they could be zealously in promoting the true Gospel.
It is very sad. It is those who have been mislead, deceived & have been indoctrinated by spiritual propaganda. False teachers, false prophets and those who believe them continue to spread deception and do great damage and cause people to go through the wide gate.

Reactions: Enoch111 and Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A more in-depth write up of things: Race and the Priesthood

Neither Luther nor Calvin were very kind or loving men, they had scholarly gifts but, I have not read or heard anything about them that shows even a scintilla of Christ love towards others. We are to know them by their fruits or to be put another way, the fruit of the Spirit...and, all I seem to find is an attitude of condemnation and arrogance in these men. Does not mean God can not use them for good and it does not mean these guys were moving in the Spirit of Gods love either so, I might not understand allot of the Mormon doctrines, esp. the afterlife but then, does that have anything to do with salvation by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ, the only way to God The Father? I am thinking not. ♥

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glory to God,
Taken
Sadly it's apparent that you have done no examining of the foundational beliefs & doctrines of Mormonism to know it has nothing to do with Christianity.

Reactions: Pearl