True or false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tzcho2, I'm OCD truthful. Not because of an actual neurological disorder, but simply out of choice: I am that dedicated to being factual and truthful as my Lord Christ commands. I'm also super dedicated to love my neighbor as I love myself.

I would love to have a high quality conversation with you, but your posts are full of personal attacks and fear. That's not a high quality conversation, that's berating and hate. Therefore, I'm going to step away from any conversation with you and place you on "ignore".

Have a nice day.
You continue to try to make yourself the center of the debate, but this is not about you or any individual Mormons, its about the danger of the false teachings of LDS presenting itself as Christian.
You need to get out of that cult asap.
I pray God will open your eyes and hope you have a nice day.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormon Church Articles of Faith;
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

IF YOU have an issue with ^THAT^ , you will have to wrestle between what THEY Believe and what YOU Believe.

Personally, I have NO ISSUE with their declaration, nor mine.

Glory to God,
Taken
Pity you only do a superficial investigation. If we only do half hearted investigation we cannot serve the truth or glorify God.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we were out in town today we were approached by two Mormon missionaries. We told them we had been born-again Christians for a long time and my husband asked if they believed they would go to heaven. They told us that their place in heaven had to be earned through good works. What do you believe? True or false? Personally I believe it to be false and they are spreading a different gospel.

Correct. Mormons do not have the Gospel of Christ, namely because they don't believe Jesus Christ is fully God incarnate, and they are not trusting in Christ alone for their completed works of Righteousness. Just like Jehovah's Witnesses, they will not acknowledge Colossians 2:9 "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form". Anyone who rejects the Father in Jesus Christ does not have the Father OR the Son, or the Holy Spirit for that matter. They teach a Jesus that is not who He revealed Himself to be.

Reactions: Pearl and tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes just the simple click of the Ignore option can restore a peace. Could also be God's way of answering prayer that He restore His Spirit of Love and edification, humility... on this forum. Would He say to put those who bring the spirit of nastiness, arrogance and knowing all things kind of things on ignore? Remove the bad from us, do not run away from it. Simple :)
Personally , I would rather any person within a cult not feel peace as with being in Mormonism and see where they are being mislead so their soul is saved by the one and only Gospel which is found in the Bible--ONLY. Why would anyone want people to happily be lead down the garden path by deception & to die in their sins because they have believed a False teacher who set up his own tidy little religious cult and had a harem of women? He even married some foolish ones who were married at the time to OTHER men, the also said to have married a 14yr old girl. But , I guess this practiced polygamy & adultery is still ok with you and for you illustrates that mormonism is Christian?
o_OPuzzling....

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Core, I could ask YOU about what YOU believe, or I could just believe what SOMEBODY ELSE tells me ABOUT YOU. Which would you choose?

You should ask me what I believe along with proof.

You ask a Mormon and what they tell you sounds straight downline biblical. But dig into their documents and beliefs, and you find not biblical.

Look for yourself.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Scriptures and study

Reactions: tzcho2

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. Mormons do not have the Gospel of Christ, namely because they don't believe Jesus Christ is fully God incarnate, and they are not trusting in Christ alone for their completed works of Righteousness.
Actually LDS Christian 100% acknowledge the divinity of Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God. Salvation comes via faith in Him.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually LDS Christian 100% acknowledge the divinity of Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God. Salvation comes via faith in Him.
So you think....... but you're deceived because you are within a False Cult.
The Bible teaches me to identify the wolves in sheep's clothing.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you a LDS?
Because I've met dozens of LDS and JW in Indianapolis and I've yet to meet one of them will agree that "God was in Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:19) or that "the Fullness of the Deity dwells in Christ bodily" (Colossians 2:9).

If any of them DO believe this and have God's Spirit, then GREAT! They are my Brothers. But I have yet to find one.

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a LDS?
Yes, I am an LDS Christian.
Because I've met dozens of LDS and JW in Indianapolis and I've yet to meet one of them will agree that "God was in Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:19) or that "the Fullness of the Deity dwells in Christ bodily" (Colossians 2:9).
LDS 100% acknowledge the total divinity of Christ, and His mortality during His mortal life too.

When dealing with LDS Christian missionaries: they're young, let's just be frank about that. And a lot of them have misconceptions about what other Christian groups believe too-- such as the misconception that Trinitarian beliefs = modalism. That misconception is downright tragically common.

JW are a totally different church/beliefs.
If any of them DO believe this and have God's Spirit, then GREAT! They are my Brothers. But I have yet to find one.
:)

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the Christ of the Bible.

The LDS Christ was born pre-incarnate to a singular God in one of his wives by sex.
The false teachings are not just limited to this, but, how would the claiming of a different origin for the blessed Lord Jesus not be called blaspheming Christ Jesus and abomination to God by Biblical standards? How is this not giving a whole different Gospel??
but here , there are many who eagerly want to show how "Nice" they are by affirming Mormonism sounds Christian enough to them .

Reactions: CoreIssue

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person can't be a Mormon and have God's Spirit- sorry no matter what they claim, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive. It's smoke and mirrors. If they had the Holy Spirit, they would have repented and left Mormonism.
I can tell you that some who followed New Age beliefs believed Jesus was Lord, and a Holy being, some might even have told you that yes they believed in his deity, but they'd withhold that their beliefs actually came from the occult and were a mix of what the bible says and occult teachings.
Still think they had the Spirit of God, too?

Last edited:

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am an LDS Christian.

LDS 100% acknowledge the total divinity of Christ, and His mortality during His mortal life too.

When dealing with LDS Christian missionaries: they're young, let's just be frank about that. And a lot of them have misconceptions about what other Christian groups believe too-- such as the misconception that Trinitarian beliefs = modalism. That misconception is downright tragically common.

JW are a totally different church/beliefs.

:)

So as a LDS, do you believe Christ (The Logos/Word/Son of God) had a beginning? Or do you believe He has always existed, eternally one with God?

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as a LDS, do you believe Christ (The Logos/Word/Son of God) had a beginning? Or do you believe He has always existed, eternally one with God?
Christ has always been / will always be one with God. And, yes that was/is Christ being discussed in John 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ has always been / will always be one with God. And, yes that was/is Christ being discussed in John 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..."

Interesting. You're the first Mormon I've met who has understood that. According to Mormonism, how is someone saved? I am speaking of being Born Again. Jesus says "You must be born again" (John 3:3). According to Mormonism, how can someone be Born of God?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. You're the first Mormon I've met who has understood that.
It's matter of bridging the language/pre-conception boundary. Both camps have their myths and preconceptions about what other people believe.
According to Mormonism, how is someone saved? I am speaking of being Born Again. Jesus says "You must be born again" (John 3:3). According to Mormonism, how can someone be Born of God?
You are saved by having faith in Jesus Christ. Real faith of course changes a person, having them be born again.

Note: LDS Christians mentally overlap salvation and sanctification, versus many Protestants I know tend to separate them.

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's matter of bridging the language/pre-conception boundary. Both camps have their myths and preconceptions about what other people believe.

You are saved by having faith in Jesus Christ. Real faith of course changes a person, having them be born again.

Note: LDS Christians mentally overlap salvation and sanctification, versus many Protestants I know tend to separate them.

Thanks! I've never met a LDS who held to such Truth. When were you Born Again? Did you become a LDS after you were born again or were you one before?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks! I've never met a LDS who held to such Truth. When were you Born Again? Did you become a LDS after you were born again or were you one before?
I Id on't like putting date on that type of thing. It's like putting a date of "when did you fall in love with this person?"

But if you insist it'll be ~6. And if you insist on one story, it'll be the below. But again, I could also write a story about me falling more in love with God dated yesterday.

When I was ~6 six years old, I was going through a really rough time in life. I was bogged down in the difficulties of life and in pain this existence can bring. I also felt weighed down for my own shortcomings- that I couldn’t do this or that, that I wasn’t good enough, or that I had done wrong things, even things which brought pain to those I loved. There was so much I regretted, so much I wanted to get away from—part of me even hated myself for all of this. I felt very alone in all this, that no one self could understand what I was going through.

During this time I would frequently go out the backyard swing set for solace to think with hanging upside on the monkey-bar swing for hours, just thinking. Sometimes I would get bogged down in my self-hatred. Sometimes I would say a prayer to fight off those demonic feelings. I wonder the purpose of it all. On one such day, a song came:

“Heavenly Father, are you really there?

And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?

Some say that heaven is far away,

But I feel it close around me as I pray.

Heavenly Father, I remember now

Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:

"Suffer the children to come to me."

Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.”

I remembered that song. I remembered the story of Jesus which went along with it. I remembered how He asked specifically for the little children to come to Him, and blessed them. I remember how He lived, prayed, and died to understand all of us and to save us from evil. He suffered for all of it—He understood all of it—even the littlest thing. Like Jesus understood exactly what it was like to have a sister-with-a-temper! He also understood the more complicated things I was going through. And there was a reason for it! The end of all this struggle was so glorious—such amazing great things to come! God hadn’t forgotten about me or anything- I was His child- He cared beyond measure.

I sat on that swing and just poured my heart out in prayer. I can’t express the relief to have someone to talk to- to have someone to understand. That feelings of welcome and love….And then, to have someone to that could Heal on top of it—that knit up my heart so much that day. To express it in words…. “the best hug ever!” is what my little self called it, and those are probably the best words I still have at many years lager.

As I grew up more, I had more moments and wavering and certainty in faith, and in God. I knew God was the person whom Understood everything I was going though: my wishes, my desires, my pains. I devote myself to Him every day: He is my Lord, my Savior, the only begotten Son of God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember being given a little booklet many years ago which set out the main differences between Christianity and other religions. I'll have to look for it.