Truman's Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something ziggy said yesterday made me realize that not everyone here can discuss some of the things we discuss sometimes while having peace of mind and heart. They get really cranked up and anxious and angry. I really feel for them.

Great observation! I think it's because they get their identity from the subject under discussion rather than getting their identity through Christ, being a child of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...Scripture says...ASK and you SHALL receive...

Remembering...God looks at a mans HEART (ie a mans spirit of truth)...
Remembering...Some men truly heartfully, do not believe, do not want to believe...
** God IS JUST...They shall receive inability to Believe.

Remembering...Some men want to believe, (like a magic trick, forced), hoping that magic or force will happen....without EVER SEEKING AFTER God. Strange Mindset. AS IF...God "Himself" wanted one to Believe, HE WOULD (against their choice, will) MAKE them Believe.

Remembering...Some men want to believe,
(Seek, diligently, ask, appeal, call on The Name of Jesus)...Guess what? IF THEY ARE "CALLING" on the Lord Jesus' Name.....
They already Believe!

Expressly...READ...

1 Thes 4:
[13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

* These are different than those "CONVERTED"...."IN CHRIST".
* These expressly, SHALL be part of those RAISED, "BY GOD", after the millennial reign., BEFORE the Earths utter distruction

[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
[18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Be Comforted: IF your loved one, DID "NOT" CONVERT "IN" "CHRIST;"
THEY shall NOT BE "called" by the Archangel, and RAISED UP, to BE WITH the Lord, in HIS Millenial Kingdom....

Be Comforted; IF your loved one, BELIEVED IN JESUS....GOD SHALL raise him up in Glory; in the Great First Resurrection...(of all physically Dead, who DIED, IN BELIEF IN Jesus.)

Glory to God,
Taken

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love this song!
131 views. 2 likes. 0 comments on You Tube since March, 2021.
God, help me to not be discouraged with the lack of interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GOOD MORNING TRUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be awake or almost awake.
I hope you had a GOOD SLEEP!!!!!

This is the day that the Lord has made... I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GOOD MORNING TRUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be awake or almost awake.
I hope you had a GOOD SLEEP!!!!!

This is the day that the Lord has made... I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Mornin', Addy!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HE's AWAKE..... he's AWAKE... my friend is AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An 86-yo friend tol me yesterday his daughter is not handling well the death of his wife, who passed a couple of months ago. In life, they were estranged. In death, the daughter STILL cannot forgive her mother.

I feel moved to talk with her about it. I believe my life experience allows me to empathize.

I once confused forgiveness with reconciliation. Forgiveness takes one and you do it for yourself. Reconciliation takes two. Let me share a quote:

Holding on to resentment and bitterness is like taking poison, expecting the other person to die.
Buddha

Reactions: Wynona