Truman's Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to sleep 10-12 hours a day due to the antidepressant I was on. Since I don't seem to get depressed anymore, I weaned myself off of it and if I get 5 hours a night, I'm good. Though I have 5-7 hours more pain every day. I don't know what I'd do without this forum.
I used to have migraines and the pain sent me to bed all the time. I just slept and slept. But I don't get migraines anymore very often.

Reactions: Truman

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truman

We all know, it is hard to recognize, understand an others physical pain, that we ourselves can NOT physically Feel.

We all know, our physical life is temporary, and when our spiritual life is manifested, physical pain is overcome.

But what to do in the mean time, existing in this physical body experiencing chronic pain?
Scripture does teach, a phenomenal mystery, applicable to a Converted man.
In a Conversion; God DOES NOT, "change" our Fleshy Carnal Minds. He "changes" our Hearts, and gives "our" new Hearts POWER and Authority "OVER our" Fleshy Carnal Minds.
"THAT" ^ is different, than, Having a "born again spirit, in our new hearts;
"TO communicate"....WiTH GOD.
I am speaking of ... "ourselves", "communicating" with the POWER and Authority in our new spirit, in our new heart...
"TO our carnal minds"...

It's a REVERSE (so to speak)...
We "listen" to our carnal minds,
We "react" to our carnal minds.
And WHEN our carnal mind IS SAYING...
**PAIN** PAIN** PAIN**
THAT IS what We hear, We feel, We are OVERCOME "WITH", consumes our daily life, is at the forefront of our daily thoughts, conversations.

It would be quite easy to say, lean on the old secular saying....Mind over Matter...
* But Scripturally it is....spirit over mind.

As a kid, what I recognized was, we were too poor to be SICK, and said so.
Before being Converted, I simply recognized, I didn't have Time to be SICK, and said so.
After becoming Converted, I understood, I was already communicating with my carnal mind, to not BE SICK, and said so.
That may sound hokey. But I do not get SICK.
Clarifying...sure through the years, a few times I have had runny nose for a few days, sore throat for a few days, headache a few times....And sure, eh pain in back or shoulder a few times, But nothing often, nothing long lasting, don't take regiments of drugs.
That's my story, very different from your experiences.
However, Because of you sharing of your experiences, I was researching Scriptures and articles that may be of interest to you. A particular article, short, basic.
* Inanutshell, it is "YOU" taking over the power of your mind, with the power of your spirit...AND using Biblically taught, herbs, oils, etc. for additional soothing and relief.
...a search simply titled;
"The Bibles Secret Pain Relief Plan"... will bring up the article.

God Bless,
Taken

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho

If you like our Mersey valley cheese then meet its local competitor... Ashgrove Tasmanian farm cheese
They have heaps of different flavours... Worth trying if your local supermarket stocks it

eyJpZCI6IjZiYjMxYTkxYjFiOWMzOThkZDNlYTU1OWMyMjAyZGI3LmpwZyIsInN0b3JhZ2UiOiJwdWJsaWNfc3RvcmUifQ

Sorry for crashing your place @Truman
Would you like some cheese crackers?

20211003_153454.jpg

Reactions: Truman and Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's like I walk a tightrope of faith and this puts me above my situation. But, as I'm learning, faith takes energy and at times I get tired and I step off of the tightrope. This puts me into direct contact with my reality. Which can be overwhelming.
Last night I was overwhelmed. Today I choose to get back up on the faith tightrope and have a better day. Outweigh the bad with the good.
This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

A tight rope over over a burning fire where Satans minions lie in wait to pounce if i stray.

Reactions: lforrest and Truman

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like I walk a tightrope of faith and this puts me above my situation. But, as I'm learning, faith takes energy and at times I get tired and I step off of the tightrope. This puts me into direct contact with my reality. Which can be overwhelming.
Last night I was overwhelmed. Today I choose to get back up on the faith tightrope and have a better day. Outweigh the bad with the good.
This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I have deeply connected with how you’ve described this. That has been my experience in this walk. You describe stepping off a tightrope, Paul described running and tripping, another said something like..though a righteous man trip 70 times he gets back up. But we do somehow get to a point where we abide in trust in Him for longer and longer periods of time without stepping off that tightrope/stumbling. And then, finally, we look around one day, see our present circumstance isn’t good at all (as the world would define it),and we puzzle dumbfoundedly at how it is that we aren’t panicked and are still abiding in Him in trust, very calmly. And when we see all that years of struggling resulted in actually remaining in Him rather than our previous freak out stumbles, we wonder how He did it, how we find ourselves there, abiding.

After you have struggled with sin ( the sin of unbelief, mistrust) for a while, He will strengthen, confirm and establish you. That has to be the most amazing verse when you see it come true and come to pass in your life!

Reactions: Wynona