Truman's Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never pray out loud. I’ve only done so twice in my life. But I am doing it now.

Lord, my brother is in tremendous pain. See how the one who trusts you is suffering and lessen his pain so he can bear what you have brought to him. Thank you for Your care of us. Amen.

Reactions: Wynona and Truman

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I posture myself properly before Him, His grace is sufficient.
I am in God's rendering plant, but since I volunteered for (am responsible for being in) the position, I really have nothing to complain about.

Always ask. Don’t complain, just ask for what you need.

Reactions: Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good morning Truman.
I just wanted to let you know... we are good. So good... that I brought you a present.... WAIT for it................................ FRUITCAKE.
Love the new avatar...

I am posting this in public forums because I think it's important... and that people can learn from it.

I think each of us learned something... There are two parts to forgiveness...

1) Validating the wound... in a sincere... concise way. YES... this happened to you... and NO it was not fair/proper/right
2) Depending on scripture to FORGIVE the other. This is the part that takes time.. depending on how deep the wound. It takes patience
and time.

I believe Jesus knew exactly how to hurry this process... The church is meant to QUICKLY humble themselves and apologize when hurting a heart. A humble apology (without excuse or justification ) brings the "wounded one" a mist of healing to kick start the process of full and true forgiveness.

Sadly what is occurring today is PRIDE... Not just in the forums... but in the churches.... People are hanging onto being RIGHT... at the cost of hurting and wounding many.... NO validation... no remorse for wounding... no sadness for hurting.... this has caused a great amount of unnecessary anguish in the body.... as well as a very bad taste in the mouth for many of us.

WE all need to practice HUMILITY in how we deal with others.

WAY too many cooks in the kitchen... too many who THINK they are called to teach and correct... yet deny being taught and corrected themselves.

If you can't humble yourself to apologize to someone you have wounded... then you have NO business teaching or correcting. That is how I see it.

P.S. You know where to find me. Have a beautiful day my friend.... WORSHIP the KING.

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about this Song you all. O Fortuna, Carmina Burana it's in Latin but you can get one with English sub titles on youtube.
I like it and it's true.
One could make a subject out of it, if you want.
I do not know how to put it up on here.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting. I'm a worship leader...by that, I mean that I had a supernatural revelation from God regarding His love for me, specifically, and as a result, music to me has become, almost exclusively, about returning that love to Him.
On top of that, I'm a musician. You know, an artistic type. Not some trained concert pianist or jazz soloist, but an old ex-hippie who can bring people into God 's presence.
I just sang an original composition for my son and he said it was like a combination of John Prine, John Denver, and Axl Rose, if you can imagine it! I know I have a hard time! Lol
If you listen to Vineyard music from the 80's and 90's, you'll see where my heart is. Lol
I'll play something for you. This woman long ago sang back-up (for a hack like me, if you can you believe it) and played bass for my worship team. It brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. Night, Reggie!
How about this one. Dominique. BY Mary Ford.
Einsamer Hirte - Gheoghe Zamfir.
El Condor Pasa - Daniel Alomia Robles.
IL Silenzio.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I'm a worship leader...by that, I mean that I had a supernatural revelation from God regarding His love for me, specifically, and as a result, music to me has become, almost exclusively, about returning that love to Him.
On top of that, I'm a musician. You know, an artistic type. Not some trained concert pianist or jazz soloist, but an old ex-hippie who can bring people into God 's presence.
I just sang an original composition for my son and he said it was like a combination of John Prine, John Denver, and Axl Rose, if you can imagine it! I know I have a hard time! Lol
If you listen to Vineyard music from the 80's and 90's, you'll see where my heart is. Lol
I'll play something for you. This woman long ago sang back-up (for a hack like me, if you can you believe it) and played bass for my worship team. It brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. Night, Reggie!
I remember the 'Vineyard Movement'..
- When I was in California..in 1980's.
- Short trip.
- I met some people there.. who talked about the movement..
---
My view/perspective is..it became another denomination/establishment.
- The focus changes..from original, fervor, commitment, etc..
- After the first generation.
- That is the pattern..for 'movements' in Christian history.
---
I listen/like Vineyard music/songs.
---
* I made similar comments/posts on other threads..some time ago.