TRUTH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
But what about Peters rock and my pictures of Philipi
Apparently gods from rocks are not that uncommon.

The legalization of Christianity by the Roman government (c. 313 A.D.),
In 380, Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire by the decree of the Emperor,

In 325AD, Constantine the Great, the first Christian Roman emperor, introduced Christmas as an immovable feast on 25 December. He also introduced Sunday as a holy day in a new 7-day week, and introduced movable feasts (Easter). In 354AD, Bishop Liberius of Rome officially ordered his members to celebrate the birth of Jesus on 25 December.

Mithraic mysteries

http://en.wikipedia....hraic_mysteries

Rituals and worship

According to M.J.Vermaseren, the Mithraic New Year and the birthday of Mithras was on December 25.[sup][53][/sup][sup][54][/sup] However, Beck disagrees strongly.[sup][55][/sup] Clauss states: "the Mithraic Mysteries had no public ceremonies of its own. The festival of natalis Invicti [Birth of the Unconquerable (Sun)], held on 25 December, was a general festival of the Sun, and by no means specific to the Mysteries of Mithras."[sup][56][/sup] Mithraic initiates were required to swear an oath of secrecy and dedication [sup][57][/sup], and some grade rituals involved the recital of a catechism, wherein the initiate was asked a series of questions pertaining to the initiation symbolism and had to reply with specific answers. An example of such a catechism, apparently pertaining to the Leo grade, was discovered in a fragmentary Egyptian papyrus (P.Berolinensis 21196)[sup][58][/sup] [sup][59][/sup], and reads:

... He will say: 'Where ... ? ... he is/(you are?) there (then/thereupon?) at a loss?' Say: ... Say: 'Night'. He will say: 'Where ... ?' ... Say: 'All things ...' (He will say): '... you are called ... ?' Say: 'Because of the summery ...' ... having become ... he/it has the fiery ... (He will say): '... did you receive/inherit?' Say: 'In a pit'. He will say: 'Where is your ...?... (Say): '...(in the...) Leonteion.' He will say: 'Will you gird?' The (heavenly?) ...(Say): '... death'. He will say: 'Why, having girded yourself, ...?' '... this (has?) four tassels. Very sharp and ... '... much'. He will say: ...? (Say: '... because of/through?) hot and cold'. He will say: ...? (Say): '... red ... linen'. He will say: 'Why?' Say: '... red border; the linen, however, ...' (He will say): '... has been wrapped?' Say: 'The savior's ...' He will say: 'Who is the father?' Say: 'The one who (begets?) everything ...' (He will say): '('How ?)... did you become a Leo?' Say: 'By the ... of the father'. ... Say: 'Drink and food'. He will say '...?' '... in the seven-...​

Birth from a rock

Above: Mithras rising from the rock[sup][date missing][/sup]
Right: Mithras born from the rock (marble, 180–192 AD), from the area of S. Stefano
Rotondo, Rome

Mithras is depicted as being born from a rock. He is shown as emerging from a rock, already in his youth, with a dagger in one hand and a torch in the other. He is nude, is wearing a Phrygian cap and is holding his legs together

Amazing coincidence?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Thank you Selene for defending the Christian faith and the only Church that Jesus left for all of us. It is good to see that Catholics as you Selene ,also kepha , aspen, mungo [ spelling ? ] and any other Catholic that I forgot defending Christ's Catholic Church here on this forum. We may be the minority but we have the only Holy Spirit on our side with His guidance while the Protestants outnumber our One Holy Spirit by many thousands. I'd rather have the One True Holy Spirit than 30,000+ confused, conflicting h.s.'s.

[font=lucida sans unicode']You are welcome Brother Neophyte. As Catholics, we should always stand true to our faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ despite the persecutions and the falsehoods thrown at us (John 15:20). Christ has promised never to abandon us and He has remained true to His Church. We have stood for 2000 years, and we will continue standing until our Lord returns to us in His Second Coming. God bless. [/font]

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
[font=lucida sans unicode'] We have stood for 2000 years, and we will continue standing until our Lord returns to us in His Second Coming. God bless. [/font]

I completely agree, From Daniel and Nebuchadnezzae's dream we know Rome will last until the end.
He's a coming alright and his reward is with Him. Keep your eyes peeled for falling stones.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
I completely agree, From Daniel and Nebuchadnezzae's dream we know Rome will last until the end.
He's a coming alright and his reward is with Him. Keep your eyes peeled for falling stones.

Romans 1:7-8 to all the beloved of God in Rome, called to be holy. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. First I give thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is heralded throughout the world.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Please Selene you teach this church in Rome is the only church where salvation can be found.
That verse hardly supports your gospel
A few verses down, this part you and your church ignore.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,5 as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”6

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It doesn't say "faith alone".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuT8yTakq54&list=PLF6A11BE02634AAEA&feature=plcp

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Surely, even our Catholic friends would say that salvation is found in the person of Jesus Christ and He does not confine Himself to one organization. I think the Catholic contingent is only trying to tell us that we won't experience the "fullness" of Christ unless we "come back" to the Catholic church. They don't say we don't have Christ, just that we don't have the "fullness". Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

John_3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The Spirit of God cannot be controlled by man and He goes where He will and responds to faith, wherever He sees it.

Can we get an amen from everyone?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen axehead, we will all get there. those who believe in Him, some will be just loaded up with more Baggage than others. e are supposed to walk in the freedom that is in Christ, I have a seventh day adventist who believes he will be judged by the law, and so he will, you cant tell him any different. I also have a friend who is a Jehovas witness, same problem.

In all His Love

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Surely, even our Catholic friends would say that salvation is found in the person of Jesus Christ and He does not confine Himself to one organization. I think the Catholic contingent is only trying to tell us that we won't experience the "fullness" of Christ unless we "come back" to the Catholic church. They don't say we don't have Christ, just that we don't have the "fullness". Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

Your wrong. We don't say we have the fullness of Christ and you don't, we say we have the fulness of faith, and can prove it, but only to those who are disposed to receive it.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Amen axehead, we will all get there. those who believe in Him, some will be just loaded up with more Baggage than others. e are supposed to walk in the freedom that is in Christ, I have a seventh day adventist who believes he will be judged by the law, and so he will, you cant tell him any different. I also have a friend who is a Jehovas witness, same problem.

In all His Love

mjrhealth, Rex, Axehead and others of your religious system,I look at you as my separated Christian brethren that hold much of the Christian truth, but not all of it. We might compare your religion to a stained glass window in which some of the original panes were lost and have been replaced by opaque glass. Something that was present at the beginning is now gone, and something that does not fit has been inserted to fill up the empty space. The unity of the original window has been marred. When, centuries ago, your religious founders split away from the CHurch your theological ancestors of those break break-away Christians eliminated some authentic beliefs and added new ones of their own making. The many different conflicting denominations of Christianity they established are really incomplete Christianity. Only the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus, and only it has been able to preserve all Christian truth without any doctrinal error. Some segments of this is from the booklet called Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Please Selene you teach this church in Rome is the only church where salvation can be found.
That verse hardly supports your gospel
A few verses down, this part you and your church ignore.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,5 as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”6

Salvation comes only from God.....that has always been what we teach. It is even in our Catechism. Our role as a Church is to bring all peoples to Jesus Christ as we carry on His ministry.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
[font=lucida sans unicode']Salvation comes only from God.....that has always been what we teach. It is even in our Catechism. Our role as a Church is to bring all peoples to Jesus Christ as we carry on His ministry. [/font]

true or false

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
true or false

All our teachings are found in our Catechism. This is what the Catechism says.

CCC 169 [background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]Salvation comes from God alone; but because we receive the life of faith through the Church, she is our mother: "We believe the Church as the mother of our new birth, and not in the Church as if she were the author of our salvation."[/background][sup]55[/sup][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)] Because she is our mother, she is also our teacher in the faith.[/background]

[background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]CCC 171 [/background][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]The Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth", faithfully guards "the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints". She guards the memory of Christ's words; it is she who from generation to generation hands on the apostles' confession of faith.[/background][sup]57[/sup][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)] As a mother who teaches her children to speak and so to understand and communicate, the Church our Mother teaches us the language of faith in order to introduce us to the understanding and the life of faith.[/background]

[background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]Our Catechism says that Salvation comes from God alone, and we receive the life of faith through the Church because the Church is our teacher in the faith. The Holy Bible says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth (See 1 Timothy 3:15). Because she is the pillar and foundation of Truth, it is through the Church that she becomes our teacher in the faith.....for Christ who is her Head leads her into all Truths. [/background]

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
So The answer is true

true or false

I have no further questions

Note:
catholic church = God in a box
pope calls the shots
God is not found outside the popes designated and approved zone

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
So The answer is true

I have no further questions

Note:
catholic church = God in a box
pope calls the shots
God is not found outside the popes designated and approved zone

[font=lucida sans unicode']How you got this answer.....I don't know. The Catechism is clear when it stated that salvation comes from God alone. The Holy Bible is also clear when it stated that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. So, our teaching does not go against the Bible. [/font]

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Well seeing you don't or won't answer a direct question

Why is that by the way?

is it a mystery one of the many mystery's of your church?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Well seeing you don't or won't answer a direct question

Why is that by the way?

is it a mystery one of the many mystery's of your church?

[font=lucida sans unicode']I did answer. I even showed you the Catechism to PROVE it. You simply don't like the answer. You accuse us of teaching that salvation does not come from God, and when I showed you the catechism, it did not match with what you believe about us.....and that is what you didn't like. [/font]

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
[font=lucida sans unicode']I did answer. I even showed you the Catechism to PROVE it. You simply don't like the answer. You accuse us of teaching that salvation does not come from God, and when I showed you the catechism, it did not match with what you believe about us.....and that is what you didn't like. [/font]

LOL this is the answer to a true or false question a yes or no answer?

[font=lucida sans unicode']All our teachings are found in our Catechism. This is what the Catechism says. [/font]

I must have missed it lets try again
true or false

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
LOL this is the answer to a true or false question a yes or no answer?

I must have missed it lets try again

Really, Brother Rex. When I quoted the Catechism and bold the part that says "Salvation comes from God alone" that should have been sufficient enough to answer your question. If I had simply said, no....the next thing you would do accuse me of being ignorant of Catholic teaching. I am not gullible. To avoid that....I went straight to the Catechism so there would be no way of you to accuse me of being ignorant of Catholic teaching. :)

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Just can't bring yourself to say it can you.
I did notice you posted this as well,[font=lucida sans unicode'][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]CCC 171[/background][/font] but like I said you can;t bring yourself to say it.
Do you know the verse? If you deny me before men, I will deny you before the Father
Does that apply to your church and its teachings as well
For your sake I hope so

The Latin phrase extra Ecclesiam nulla salus means: "outside the church there is no salvation".
811 "This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic."

I just wanted everyone to see how elusive catholics can be, thank you for your testimony.

[font=lucida sans unicode'][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]CCC 171 [/background][/font][font=lucida sans unicode'][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)]The Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth", faithfully guards "the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints". She guards the memory of Christ's words; it is she who from generation to generation hands on the apostles' confession of faith.[/background][sup]57[/sup][background=rgb(251, 250, 248)] As a mother who teaches her children to speak and so to understand and communicate, the Church our Mother teaches us the language of faith in order to introduce us to the understanding and the life of faith.[/background][/font]