Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not interpret this as showing David was bitter, broken or angry with the world, I doubt he liked the situation he was in , but he trusted the Lord within what he faced.
I possibly would consider that David was broken when everything happened with bethsheba and his son died, but then I don’t interpret being broken as a sin, more a natural reaction when we face the consequences and reality of what sin brings into our lives, and of course the reality of the pain and grief of loss
Rita
Since I cannot read minds, or know people's hearts, not even David's. I can only assume just like those who think they know I am wrong.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I cannot read minds, or know people's hearts, not even David's. I can only assume just like those who think they know I am wrong.
Are you young, inexperienced? Why assume things about King David that are wrong ? Or did someone teach those errors ?

What you posted you thought, (or someone taught you) about King David was directly different from the Scripture you posted.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you young, inexperienced? Why assume things about King David that are wrong ? Or did someone teach those errors ?

What you posted you thought, (or someone taught you) about King David was directly different from the Scripture you posted.
Because I know what it feels to have the whole world against you.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, good.
King David showed that he trusted in God, and relied on God.

It is not taught in most churches today to trust in God nor to rely on God - rather the opposite is taught, and practiced, in most places.

The truth, God's Word, says to always rely on God, and to trust Him.

This is also what Jesus says to do today, all the time.

And not to trust the whole world, nor to trust the society for anything.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

David did get downhearted. He did complain to God. He was a human being.
Read Psalm 42.
David was real about his struggle.
Yes he often ended up praising after starting with complaining. That is how prayers should go.

Reactions: Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David did get downhearted. He did complain to God. He was a human being.
Read Psalm 42.
David was real about his struggle.
Yes he often ended up praising after starting with complaining. That is how prayers should go.
He did not react as the poster said, and particularly in the Scripture that the poster quoted.

R

Rita

I guess it comes from reading the whole of David’s story, but equally perhaps it’s about how we hear his words in the psalm, I simply don’t hear bitterness or anger towards the world. David had an opportunity later to actually kill Saul - but he didn’t. He walked with the Lord, and that would have influenced what he was facing, and feeling.
I admit I have struggled a little bit over the years with David being ‘ a man after Gods heart ‘ in context of his adultery - it’s something that I couldn’t grasp- but my husband had committed adultery and really hurt me , and I knew how wrong it was and what it destroyed. As far as I am concerned David messed up big time, but he ultimately paid the price and it shows the redemptive work of the Lord in his heart later on in his life.

Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it comes from reading the whole of David’s story, but equally perhaps it’s about how we hear his words in the psalm, I simply don’t hear bitterness or anger towards the world. David had an opportunity later to actually kill Saul - but he didn’t. He walked with the Lord, and that would have influenced what he was facing, and feeling.
Delightful!

And especiallyi since God Himself Says that King David is faithful,

not bitter, not angry at the world, but Godly.

R

Rita

See, that’s similar to me when I read about David’s adultery, I read it through the filter of my own experience.
I am so very sorry, it’s horrible to feel that way xx
Rita

Reactions: Waiting on him

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admit I have struggled a little bit over the years with David being ‘ a man after Gods heart ‘ in context of his adultery - it’s something that I couldn’t grasp- but my husband had committed adultery and really hurt me , and I knew how wrong it was and what it destroyed. As far as I am concerned David messed up big time, but he ultimately paid the price and it shows the redemptive work of the Lord in his heart later on in his life.

Rita
The Psalms are not to show David's trouble, but how he overcame that trouble with God’s help. That is why I recommend them.

R

Rita

The Psalms are not to show David's trouble, but how he overcame that trouble with God’s help. That is why I recommend them.
Yes, they are his expressions, his diary if you like - his journey through his experiences. Early on in my faith I never really related to the psalms - never got much out of reading them. Then I studied psalm 23 word by word , meditating on each sentence and making notes as I went along, that psalm is my favourite now. I like it when I can align a psalm to the right part of his story- helps to give it context.

Rita

Reactions: Paul Christensen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a person has the holy spirit and truth in thier heart but no love for being bitter and broken angry at the world how can that person preach truth without no more love in thier heart but really is geniune but don't feel geniune because they have bitterness in thier heart now and thier heart feel empty and condemned all the time in thier consience?

Jennifer A. So why would a Christian be bitter and angry at the world if they are a Christian knowing the truth? Are you new in Christ? Knowing the truth from our Creator means we also must have the love of God in our heart. I sense maybe you are conflicted about sharing the truth of God with the world but because of some experience you are now bitter or angry and do not want to share this truth with confidence and sincerity. Did you have a bad experience with someone or things you dislike about the world?

Thanks

Bless you,

APAK

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a person has the holy spirit and truth in thier heart but no love for being bitter and broken angry at the world how can that person preach truth without no more love in thier heart but really is geniune but don't feel geniune because they have bitterness in thier heart now and thier heart feel empty and condemned all the time in thier consience?
Boy, I wish I lived in La. You could benefit SO much from being taught REBT. (And I think you are worth the effort.)

Reactions: Rita

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They preach what they have learnt, but not what they 'know' is true.
Similarly, there are those that preach the Scriptures without agreeing on interpretations.

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jennifer A. So why would a Christian be bitter and angry at the world if they are a Christian knowing the truth? Are you new in Christ? Knowing the truth from our Creator means we also must have the love of God in our heart. I sense maybe you are conflicted about sharing the truth of God with the world but because of some experience you are now bitter or angry and do not want to share this truth with confidence and sincerity. Did you have a bad experience with someone or things you dislike about the world?

Thanks

Bless you,

APAK
Because I feel condemned by it

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 3
1 Lord, how are mine adversaries increased? how many rise against me?
2 Many say to my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou Lord art a buckler for me, my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I did call unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy mountain. Selah.
5 I laid me down and slept, and rose up again: for the Lord sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid for ten thousand of the people, that should beset me round about.
7 O Lord, arise: help me, my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheekbone: thou hast broken the teeth of the wicked.
8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord, andthy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.
This is Jesus speaking in the Psalms

R

Rita

Not sure I am understanding you right Jennifer, so if I am way of base, just ignore my post xx
Coming to Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit doesn’t always mean that everything within us is resolved or sorted. Some people have amazing testimonies of healing and they instantly feel the love within their heart, others, like me, needed to heal. I knew and accepted the truth in my mind, but locked my heart tightly because I had been hurt and abused. Endeavouring to proclaim a message of freedom and love was one thing, but actually feeling it myself was quite another. It was like being two people. In time the Holy Spirit has beeen my true counsellor and God has been so patient, he knew what was there in my heart and it consisted of anger, hurt, bitterness, regret, sorrow, frustration.......... a whole bunch of things. I use to journal and mind map- and I penned what I really felt - nothing like David’s psalms , I was definitely bitter x
As I said , I may be way of base xx
Rita

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they are his expressions, his diary if you like - his journey through his experiences. Early on in my faith I never really related to the psalms - never got much out of reading them. Then I studied psalm 23 word by word , meditating on each sentence and making notes as I went along, that psalm is my favourite now. I like it when I can align a psalm to the right part of his story- helps to give it context.

Rita
You'll really be shocked if you try to place Jesus in place of David in the psalms

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure I am understanding you right Jennifer, so if I am way of base, just ignore my post xx
Coming to Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit doesn’t always mean that everything within us is resolved or sorted. Some people have amazing testimonies of healing and they instantly feel the love within their heart, others, like me, needed to heal. I knew and accepted the truth in my mind, but locked my heart tightly because I had been hurt and abused. Endeavouring to proclaim a message of freedom and love was one thing, but actually feeling it myself was quite another. It was like being two people. In time the Holy Spirit has beeen my true counsellor and God has been so patient, he knew what was there in my heart and it consisted of anger, hurt, bitterness, regret, sorrow, frustration.......... a whole bunch of things. I use to journal and mind map- and I penned what I really felt - nothing like David’s psalms , I was definitely bitter x
As I said , I may be way of base xx
Rita
It's complicated.if I told you..you probably would be confused now..maybe later you will understand