Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More nonsense. Accusing persons of idolatry and that what they know of Christ is revealed to us only through Scripture means they don't know Christ is a false, baseless and shameful accusation.
Really, you call yourself preacher of truth yet you deny His power.

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

And God said to Moses. tell Pharoah, let my people go, but the pharaohs of today, the preachers , pastors religious leaders wont let Gods people go. Its called bondage.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a person has the holy spirit and truth in thier heart but no love for being bitter and broken angry at the world how can that person preach truth without no more love in thier heart but really is geniune but don't feel geniune because they have bitterness in thier heart now and thier heart feel empty and condemned all the time in thier consience?

Good question. Thought this thread was about David and if David was ever bitter. Don’t know how I missed your struggle here. It was Insensitive on my part. You have been in my thoughts but I don’t know what to say to help you. Only by my own experience of, yes, being consumed with bitterness and wanting revenge to where it made me sick...Not sure what you mean by things stolen from you but consider revenge and bitterness may come from thinking ourselves more highly than we should where others owe us retribution. A payment. The only One who had the right to consider Himself Higher than all others and equal with God...while we were yet dead in sin ...came not to condemn but to save.

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

“Yet he learned obedience” learned (was taught) of His Father. Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1 Thessalonians 4:8-9 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. [9] But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Not condemning you. Don’t know what to truly say to heal you because I have been there. I have felt like you felt. And found only God teaches how to forgive, how to love, and obedience To the Father.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you need to ask that question, than you dont know Him. It is one thing to know about is is another to know, like this bit.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Do understand your encouraging others to seek Him and a relationship with Him. But don’t get your discouraging away from the word as if it is wrong to read it, yet you quote the word always. Get it is nothing more than dead words without the Spirit of God but if and when the Spirit breathes life into the Word...it speaks and corrects and builds. If we have the Spirit of God in us why would we not want to read and hear? Might sound like rambling but to maybe help make clearer (or maybe worse) what I’m trying to say. My husband and I met when I was fourteen. Been together since then. I’m fifty one now. That is a lot of years and we have been through a lot together. Yet, still, he gets frustrated sometimes with me saying I put words in his mouth and assume to much when our thoughts are different. He tells me “we do not think alike.” But I assume to often we do. From my past and experiences from childhood, and then his ...we do not think alike. If my husband wrote a book of his thoughts...I would want to read it and maybe I would project less of my own thoughts on him and put less of my own words in his mouth. And let him speak.

If I asked you to read the book of my husbands thoughts...not being intimate with him, not knowing my husband, or being in a relationship...doubtfully would his thoughts speak to you the same as it would to me. To me there would be great profit and interest and care as “our thoughts are different.” I would NOT be reading my husbands thoughts to get knowledge for no other reason but to stop putting words in his mouth by fully understanding what his thoughts are that are so different from my own. To understand him and help nurture the relationship out of confusion, not harm it.

Same as God says His thoughts are not my thoughts. That His thoughts are way higher. Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. [12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. [13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Same as I came to God and projected my own thoughts from the past on to Him, putting words into His mouth that were not His thoughts. But my own misconceived notions. For instance: “you are a male chauvinist who hates women. Why should I love or trust You?”

Honestly, it irks me that you condemn so easily anyone who seeks to know His thoughts and already decide what is in their heart and the motive behind it.

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do understand your encouraging others to seek Him and a relationship with Him. But don’t get your discouraging away from the word as if it is wrong to read it, yet you quote the word always. Get it is nothing more than dead words without the Spirit of God but if and when the Spirit breathes life into the Word...it speaks and corrects and builds. If we have the Spirit of God in us why would we not want to read and hear? Might sound like rambling but to maybe help make clearer (or maybe worse) what I’m trying to say. My husband and I met when I was fourteen. Been together since then. I’m fifty one now. That is a lot of years and we have been through a lot together. Yet, still, he gets frustrated sometimes with me saying I put words in his mouth and assume to much when our thoughts are different. He tells me “we do not think alike.” But I assume to often we do. From my past and experiences from childhood, and then his ...we do not think alike. If my husband wrote a book of his thoughts...I would want to read it and maybe I would project less of my own thoughts on him and put less of my own words in his mouth. And let him speak.

If I asked you to read the book of my husbands thoughts...not being intimate with him, not knowing my husband, or being in a relationship...doubtfully would his thoughts speak to you the same as it would to me. To me there would be great profit and interest and care as “our thoughts are different.” I would NOT be reading my husbands thoughts to get knowledge for no other reason but to stop putting words in his mouth by fully understanding what his thoughts are that are so different from my own. To understand him and help nurture the relationship out of confusion, not harm it.

Same as God says His thoughts are not my thoughts. That His thoughts are way higher. Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. [12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. [13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Same as I came to God and projected my own thoughts from the past on to Him, putting words into His mouth that were not His thoughts. But my own misconceived notions. For instance: “you are a male chauvinist who hates women. Why should I love or trust You?”

Honestly, it irks me that you condemn so easily anyone who seeks to know His thoughts and already decide what is in their heart and the motive behind it.

@Rita See thsi forum, it is filled with people who read the bible, as one put it, "I quote scripture therefore i am right", yet so man on here stand in complete opposition to God.
You know when you go to school, as a child, they teach you ABC, 123, than little words, cat sat rat, than adding subtraction, as you learn they expand. God is no different, when you understand this bit, than we will move on, as you understand He expands your teaching, as Jesus put it,

Joh_3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

and again

Mat_7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

if we do none of this we go no where, as Pia once told me, " He has being teaching me Genisis for 30 years and I still havnt got past chapter 2".

Remember the foolish virgins, if you are not learning from Him, you are not being filled, and time is too short, can only put it as was given to me 13 years or so ago.

This Man

One day you hear about this man who has traveled the world and done wonderful expolits. You get excited so you run down the road and buy a book written about his adventures. Then one day you see a new neighbour move in and you wonder who it may be. Soon you see him, he sees you over the fence and you recognize him and say,

Hi are you not the man that this book is all about ? And he says yes, would you like to come over for some tea and ill tell you all about it. But you go not just at the moment i have other things to do and besides i havnt finsihed the book.

So every day you say hi to your neighbour, and every day he invites you in and you turn him down. Then one day you dont see him and you shrug it off, After a few days of not seeing him you begin to wonder if hes gone on holidays or moved or something but still you are to busy. Then soon it gets the better of you and you go to his door, and as you get closer you hear cries of wonderment and excitement and laughter and you wonder what is going on. You knock on the door, and his voice says, Come on in “. And you look about you and there are children everwhere, there is so little space you have to stand.
So you ask , What is going on? , and he replies. Well I invited you in everyday but you were always to busy, but the children in the street all heard about me so they came and knocked on my door and asked if I would tell them all about my adventures and so here we are. If you are interested you can stay.
Then you look about you and see all the joy on the childrens faces and think of how lonely your life has being so you find a spot and sit down, Then he begins to speak and soon you are wondering , why did i wait so long this is so much more then what i read.

And so Jesus said.

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 7:7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
(Mat 7:8) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(Rev 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(Joh 10:7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So knock on his door, enter in and find the unspeakable joy that is Jesus.

God bless

David
March 2007

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a person has the holy spirit and truth in thier heart but no love for being bitter and broken angry at the world how can that person preach truth without no more love in thier heart but really is geniune but don't feel geniune because they have bitterness in thier heart now and thier heart feel empty and condemned all the time in thier consience?
(True) truth and (true) love cannot be separated.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh_3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

By His Spirit, yes.

This Man

One day you hear about this man who has traveled the world and done wonderful expolits. You get excited so you run down the road and buy a book written about his adventures. Then one day you see a new neighbour move in and you wonder who it may be. Soon you see him, he sees you over the fence and you recognize him and say,

Hi are you not the man that this book is all about ? And he says yes, would you like to come over for some tea and ill tell you all about it. But you go not just at the moment i have other things to do and besides i havnt finsihed the book.

So every day you say hi to your neighbour, and every day he invites you in and you turn him down. Then one day you dont see him and you shrug it off, After a few days of not seeing him you begin to wonder if hes gone on holidays or moved or something but still you are to busy. Then soon it gets the better of you and you go to his door, and as you get closer you hear cries of wonderment and excitement and laughter and you wonder what is going on. You knock on the door, and his voice says, Come on in “. And you look about you and there are children everwhere, there is so little space you have to stand.
So you ask , What is going on? , and he replies. Well I invited you in everyday but you were always to busy, but the children in the street all heard about me so they came and knocked on my door and asked if I would tell them all about my adventures and so here we are. If you are interested you can stay.
Then you look about you and see all the joy on the childrens faces and think of how lonely your life has being so you find a spot and sit down, Then he begins to speak and soon you are wondering , why did i wait so long this is so much more then what i read.
Like the above. Makes me think of Paul who knew the word inside and how ...but not his neighbor. once Paul knew His neighbor and was given the revelation of Jesus Christ; how Paul said all the rest was dung. Yet, (IMO) Paul still referenced the scriptures. Not throwing the scriptures away but expounded them. instead the neighbor giving His thoughts and His ways where Paul had been following after Sauls thoughts and Sauls ways “how much I persecuted and destroyed” in “Saul, Saul why do you persecute Me?” You quoted it the other day where that born after the flesh persecutes that born after the Spirit and it is still today. I’m not down playing one must be born of the Spirit. Otherwise is not flesh still persecuting the word by using Him as a weapon to destroy others? As Christ told Paul he was persecuting Him ...same as saying that born after the flesh persecutes that born after the Spirit.

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

And that is the point, you wouldn’t know His thoughts and His ways without “except you be converted, and become as little children” because men don’t teach that. All of it that you continue to quote and post as His thoughts and His ways.

Was considering further yesterday about how different my husbands and my own thoughts are. And how we can’t know how each other thinks. Immediately after posting it became clear that there is hope though: as my husband and I grow up towards having the mind of Christ...the more alike our thoughts become in Him alike “One” and not of ourselves. See, that is His thoughts and His ways and without Him there could be no instruction or correction that things are healed by growing more alike and towards His ways and His thoughts in having the mind of Christ.
Philippians 2:2-5 [2] Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. [3] Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. [4] Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. [5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Know Saul knew teh old testament, He didnt like so many Christians know the Word "CHRIST", dont you know who the"word" is,

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

the bible is not JEsus.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita

Men are all judged by their own words, and as written , where there are many words, sin is not lacking, Including this one (from many posts, repeating errors) :

Black pot calling kettle black.
See thsi forum, it is filled with people who read the bible, as one put it, "I quote scripture therefore i am right", yet so man on here stand in complete opposition to God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know Saul knew teh old testament, He didnt like so many Christians know the Word "CHRIST", dont you know who the"word" is,

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

the bible is not JEsus.

Ok. I see we are getting no where. Only saying you can’t say (imo) because someone reads the word they don’t know Christ. a couple years ago when I came to even be aware of a need of Christ and to begin to seek Him. For a year all I did was pray and talk to Him. Everyday I would go up in the woods alone and talk a lot. Pray a lot. But looking back now and knowing the things I prayed for; it was one sided ...I didn’t know His voice, more often hearing my own. I didn’t have any desire to read His word. It was torture just to force myself to read a verse. But I prayed for Him to give me the desire. one day as I headed up into the woods He said to bring His word that day. When alone I asked Him what He wanted me to read and read it out loud. No flipping through just straight to it. It was this: Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

He answered the prayer for the desire to know His voice otherwise you and I would not be having this conversation. You once suggested putting it up. Did that in the beginning. After praying for something and God giving, why would I ask Him to take it away? I have MS and at first the symptom was I forgot things and could not even remember how to drive places I had been every day of my life. It was the worse time to read scripture. Never tried to memorize knowing it was way past that. But one night I was in bed and kept hearing over and over “I Am the key. I Am the key that opens the parables.” All night verse after verse I hadn’t realized was there kept coming. All I had read of Him. All night. Planted there with no effort. He kept saying “Do you know My voice” “I Am the key.” With floods of support from the words I hadn’t known or labored to memorize. Only sharing this with you because you seem to think He doesn’t talk to anyone who quotes the scriptures, except you. How do you know that? So quick to do what you say others do and blame, you may say hearing “I am the Key” is seeking after knowledge and it is...but the knowledge His people perish for the lack of which is 2 Peter 1:8-9 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. [9] But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

You may say but what does the parables have to do with “that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord.” I will never forget the seed and the sower...knowing what it is like for the seed to be choked out by the cares of this world, scorched by the heat, consumed by the fowls, and offended.

also disagree that the bible is the idol but instead our own corrupted image of ourselves is the idol. The word still does what Jesus Christ(since He is the Word) did when He walked and discerned what was within a heart...if one is only after money then the word reveals this, by that is all they hear. If one is after power and to Lord over others....the word reveals their own image they build. Another member once said we don’t read the word; it reads us. But even those who never pick up the Bible can also turn God into ...well themselves. I did this up in the woods but do not want a false idol built up by my own voice speaking and praying to it, and not God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77 and Nancy