Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of ...

https://biblehub.com › 2_timothy

They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ..... The children who begin life with disobedience to their parents, with rare ...
2 Timothy 3:2 KJV · ‎2 Timothy 3:2 Commentaries · ‎2 Timothy 3:3 · ‎2 Timothy 3:1
2 Timothy 3:2 KJV: For men shall be lovers of their own selves ...

https://biblehub.com › kjv › 2_timothy

for men shall be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, evil-speakers, to parents disobedient, unthankful, unkind, 2 Timothy 3:2 Parallel.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"An additionalerror made by the majority of Christian Churches is that they have changed Yahweh’smeaning of ruah, which they translate as Spirit, from ‘breath or wind’ to meanings that have nothing to dowith the breath of Yahweh or wind. We err if we hear the word spirit, a translation ofruah and do notimmediately associate it with ‘the breath of Yahweh or air in motion.’ The meaning of the word, ‘spirit,’is ‘to breath.’2The Hebrew word, ‘ruah,’ also spelled as ruwach, means wind, breathandmind. Ruah isrelated to the vowel root ‘ruh,’ which means, ‘to breathe.’ The basic idea of ruah is ‘air in motion,’ whichdenotes ‘power,’ that signifies ‘activity and life;’“He sendeth forthHisWord and melteth them, HecausethHis wind[ruah]to blow, the waters, stream along” (Ps. 147:18).Thebreath of Yahweh broughtlife to man; “By the Word of Yahweh, the heavens were made, and, by the breath [ruah] of his mouth, alltheir host” (Ps. 33:6). In Genesis 1:2, “the earth, had become waste and wild, and, darkness, was on theface of the roaring deep,––but, the ruah or breath of Elohim, was brooding on the face of the waters.” InGenesis 1:3, Yahweh’s spoke, “Light, be. And light was.” Speaking requires ruah or breath. The phrase,“Elohim said,” is used ten times in the first chapter of Genesis. TheWord of Yahwehis the ruah or breathfrom the mouth of Yahweh as given to the prophets; “and, their heart, turned they into adamant, that theymight not hear the Law, nor the Words which Yahweh of hosts sent by his ruah or breath, through theformer prophets,–– and so there came great wrath from Yahweh of hosts” (Zec. 7:12); “The ruah or breathof Yahweh, it is, that giveth life,––the flesh, profiteth, nothing: The declarations which, I, have spokenunto you, are, ruah or breath of Yahweh, and, are, life” (Jn. 6:63). Illustrations of the breath or life ofYahweh being breathed into man and leaving man are in the footnote.3Ge 2:19 Now YahwehElohimhad formed from the ground every living thing of the field, and every bird of the heavens,which he brought in unto the man, that he might see what he should call it,––and, whatsoever the man should call it––anylivingsoul, that, should be the name thereof.Ge 9:4 Yet, flesh with thesoulthereof, the blood thereof, shall ye not eat;Ge 9:5 And surely, your blood, of your lives, will I require, From the hand of every living creature, will I require it,––and fromthe hand of man, From the hand of each one’s brother, will I require thesoulof man:Ge 9:10 and with every livingsoulthat is with you, of birds, of tame–beasts, and of all wild–beasts of the earth, that are withyou,––of all coming forth out of the ark, even to all wild–beasts of the earth;Ge 9:12 ¶ AndElohimsaid, This, is the sign of the covenant, which I am granting betwixt me and you, and every livingsoulthat is with you,––to age–abiding generations:––2spirit,n.(It.spirito, Pg.espirito, Sp.espiritu) breathing, breath, air,etc., related tospirareto breathe.The earlier English uses of the word are mainly derived from passages in the Vulgate, in whichspiritusis employed to renderGr. pneuma and Heb. ruah. The translation of these words byspirit(or one of its variant forms) is common to all versions ofthe Bible from Wyclif onwards.]OED3“So then Yahweh Elohim formed man,of thedust of the ground, andbreathedin his nostrils thebreath[neshamah] of life––and man became a living soul[nephesh]” (Gen. 2:7). “And, I, behold me! bringing in the flood––even waters, upon the earth,to destroy all flesh, wherein is the ruah or breath of life, from under the heavens,–– everything that is in the earth, shall cease to
3Putting aside, therefore, all that we have thus been taught, let us see what Yahweh actually does reveal tous in Scripture concerningman, in life, and in death; and concerning the state and condition of the dead.Psalm 146:4 declares of man,“His spirit (ruwach), goeth forth, he returneth to his ground, In that very day, his thoughts perish.”or“His breath(ruwach),goeth forth, Hereturneth to his earth; In that very day his thoughts perish."(KJV)Yahweh is here speaking of "Man"; not of some part of man, but of "princes", any "man" or any "son ofman" (v. 3), i.e. any and every human being begotten or born of human parents.There is not a word about "disembodied man". No such expression is to be found in the Scriptures! Thephrase is man's own invention in order to make this and other scriptures agree with his tradition. ThisScripture speaks of "man" as man. "His breath"; "he returneth"; "his thoughts". It is an unwarrantableliberty to put "body" when Yahweh has put "man". The passage says nothing about the "body". It iswhatever has done the thinking. The "body" does not think. The "body" apart from the spirit has no"thoughts". Whatever has had the "thoughts" has them no more; and this is "man". If this were the onlystatement in Scripture on the subject it would be sufficient. But there are many others.There is Ecc. 9:5, which declares that "The dead, knew not, anything". This also is so clear that therecould be no second meaning. “The dead” are the dead; they are those who have ceased to live; and if thebreathe” (Gen. 6:17). “Sothey entered in unto Noah, into the ark,––two and two of all flesh, wherein was the ruah or breath oflife” (Gen. 7:15). “All in whose nostrils was the breath [neshamah] of the ruah or breath of life, of all that were on the dryground, died” (Gen. 7:22).“Thou hidest thy face, they are dismayed, Thou withdrawest their ruah or breath, They cease tobreathe, And, unto their own dust, do they return: Thou sendest forth thy ruah or breath, they are created, And thou renewestthe face of the ground” (Ps. 104:29-30). “Do not ye trust in nobles, in a son of man who hath no deliverance: His ruah orbreath, goeth forth, he returneth to his ground, In that very day, his thoughts perish” (Ps. 146:3-4). For, as regardeth the destinyof the sons of men and the destiny of beasts, one fate, have they, as dieth the one, so, dieth the other, and, one ruah or breath,have they all,––and, the pre–eminence of man over beast, is nothing, for, all, were vanity. All, go unto one place,–– all, camefrom the dust, and all, return tothe dust. Who knoweth the ruah or breath of the sons of men, whether it, ascendeth, above,––orthe ruah or breath of the beast, whether it, descendeth, below, to the earth” (Ecc. 3:19-21)? “And the dust return to the earth, asit was,––and, the ruah or breath, return unto Elohim, who gave it” (Ecc. 12:7). “Oh, remember that my lifeisa ruah or breath!My eye will never again see good” (Job 7:7). “And Job again took up his measure, and said: As El liveth who hath taken awaymy right, even the Almighty, whohath embittered my soul; All the while my inspiration is in me, and the ruah or breath of Elis in my nostrils” (Job 27:1- 3). “The grass, hath withered, The flower, hath faded, Because, the ruah or breath of Yahweh, hathblown upon it! Surely the people, is grass” (Is. 40:7)! “...At thy rebuke O Yahweh, at the blast of the breath [ruah] of thynostrils” (Ps. 18:15). “The ruah or breath of our nostrils, The Anointed of Yahweh, hath been captured in their pits,––of whomwe had said––In his shade, shall we liveamong the nations” (Lam. 4:20). “Thus, saith My Lord, Yahweh, Unto these bones,––Lo! I am about to bring into you––ruah or breath, and ye shall live; Yea I will lay upon you––sinews, And bring up over you––flesh, And cover over you–– skin, And put in you––ruah or breath, And ye shall live, Then shall ye know, that, I, amYahweh...And, when I looked, then lo! upon them were sinews, and, flesh, had come up, and there had spread, over them skin,above,––but, ruah or breath, was there none, within them...Then saidhe unto me, Prophesy unto the ruah or breath,––Prophesy, Son of man, and thou shalt say unto the ruah or breath, Thus, saith My Lord, Yahweh––From the four winds, comethou, O ruah or breath, And breathe into these slain, That they may live...And, when I prophesied, as he commanded me, thencame into them the ruah or breath, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceeding, great army...And I will put my ruahor breath within you, and ye shall live, And I will settle you upon your own soil, So shall ye know, that, I, Yahweh, havespoken and have performed, Declareth Yahweh” (Ez.37:5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14).“And,calling out with a loud voice, Yahshuasaid––Father! into thy hands, I commend myruah or breath. And, this, saying, he ceased to breathe” (Lk. 23:46)"

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of ...

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" ... Consume them in wrath, ... Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are (Isa Isi Is) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools ...
Romans 10:15 And how can they preach unless they are sent ...

Romans 10:15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
The Word Brings Salvation … 14 How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" 16 But not all of them welcomed the good news.

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of ...

https://biblehub.com › 2_timothy

They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ..... The children who begin life with disobedience to their parents, with rare ...
2 Timothy 3:2 KJV · ‎2 Timothy 3:2 Commentaries · ‎2 Timothy 3:3 · ‎2 Timothy 3:1
2 Timothy 3:2 KJV: For men shall be lovers of their own selves ...

https://biblehub.com › kjv › 2_timothy

for men shall be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, evil-speakers, to parents disobedient, unthankful, unkind, 2 Timothy 3:2 Parallel.
The spirit of the fruit is peace gentleness self control faithfulness joy kindness and love and I'm hardly disobedient to my parents so what the heck does that mean and people need money to survive or they will die of a famine in thier home

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"An additionalerror made by the majority of Christian Churches is that they have changed Yahweh’smeaning of ruah, which they translate as Spirit, from ‘breath or wind’ to meanings that have nothing to dowith the breath of Yahweh or wind. We err if we hear the word spirit, a translation ofruah and do notimmediately associate it with ‘the breath of Yahweh or air in motion.’ The meaning of the word, ‘spirit,’is ‘to breath.’2The Hebrew word, ‘ruah,’ also spelled as ruwach, means wind, breathandmind. Ruah isrelated to the vowel root ‘ruh,’ which means, ‘to breathe.’ The basic idea of ruah is ‘air in motion,’ whichdenotes ‘power,’ that signifies ‘activity and life;’“He sendeth forthHisWord and melteth them, HecausethHis wind[ruah]to blow, the waters, stream along” (Ps. 147:18).Thebreath of Yahweh broughtlife to man; “By the Word of Yahweh, the heavens were made, and, by the breath [ruah] of his mouth, alltheir host” (Ps. 33:6). In Genesis 1:2, “the earth, had become waste and wild, and, darkness, was on theface of the roaring deep,––but, the ruah or breath of Elohim, was brooding on the face of the waters.” InGenesis 1:3, Yahweh’s spoke, “Light, be. And light was.” Speaking requires ruah or breath. The phrase,“Elohim said,” is used ten times in the first chapter of Genesis. TheWord of Yahwehis the ruah or breathfrom the mouth of Yahweh as given to the prophets; “and, their heart, turned they into adamant, that theymight not hear the Law, nor the Words which Yahweh of hosts sent by his ruah or breath, through theformer prophets,–– and so there came great wrath from Yahweh of hosts” (Zec. 7:12); “The ruah or breathof Yahweh, it is, that giveth life,––the flesh, profiteth, nothing: The declarations which, I, have spokenunto you, are, ruah or breath of Yahweh, and, are, life” (Jn. 6:63). Illustrations of the breath or life ofYahweh being breathed into man and leaving man are in the footnote.3Ge 2:19 Now YahwehElohimhad formed from the ground every living thing of the field, and every bird of the heavens,which he brought in unto the man, that he might see what he should call it,––and, whatsoever the man should call it––anylivingsoul, that, should be the name thereof.Ge 9:4 Yet, flesh with thesoulthereof, the blood thereof, shall ye not eat;Ge 9:5 And surely, your blood, of your lives, will I require, From the hand of every living creature, will I require it,––and fromthe hand of man, From the hand of each one’s brother, will I require thesoulof man:Ge 9:10 and with every livingsoulthat is with you, of birds, of tame–beasts, and of all wild–beasts of the earth, that are withyou,––of all coming forth out of the ark, even to all wild–beasts of the earth;Ge 9:12 ¶ AndElohimsaid, This, is the sign of the covenant, which I am granting betwixt me and you, and every livingsoulthat is with you,––to age–abiding generations:––2spirit,n.(It.spirito, Pg.espirito, Sp.espiritu) breathing, breath, air,etc., related tospirareto breathe.The earlier English uses of the word are mainly derived from passages in the Vulgate, in whichspiritusis employed to renderGr. pneuma and Heb. ruah. The translation of these words byspirit(or one of its variant forms) is common to all versions ofthe Bible from Wyclif onwards.]OED3“So then Yahweh Elohim formed man,of thedust of the ground, andbreathedin his nostrils thebreath[neshamah] of life––and man became a living soul[nephesh]” (Gen. 2:7). “And, I, behold me! bringing in the flood––even waters, upon the earth,to destroy all flesh, wherein is the ruah or breath of life, from under the heavens,–– everything that is in the earth, shall cease to
3Putting aside, therefore, all that we have thus been taught, let us see what Yahweh actually does reveal tous in Scripture concerningman, in life, and in death; and concerning the state and condition of the dead.Psalm 146:4 declares of man,“His spirit (ruwach), goeth forth, he returneth to his ground, In that very day, his thoughts perish.”or“His breath(ruwach),goeth forth, Hereturneth to his earth; In that very day his thoughts perish."(KJV)Yahweh is here speaking of "Man"; not of some part of man, but of "princes", any "man" or any "son ofman" (v. 3), i.e. any and every human being begotten or born of human parents.There is not a word about "disembodied man". No such expression is to be found in the Scriptures! Thephrase is man's own invention in order to make this and other scriptures agree with his tradition. ThisScripture speaks of "man" as man. "His breath"; "he returneth"; "his thoughts". It is an unwarrantableliberty to put "body" when Yahweh has put "man". The passage says nothing about the "body". It iswhatever has done the thinking. The "body" does not think. The "body" apart from the spirit has no"thoughts". Whatever has had the "thoughts" has them no more; and this is "man". If this were the onlystatement in Scripture on the subject it would be sufficient. But there are many others.There is Ecc. 9:5, which declares that "The dead, knew not, anything". This also is so clear that therecould be no second meaning. “The dead” are the dead; they are those who have ceased to live; and if thebreathe” (Gen. 6:17). “Sothey entered in unto Noah, into the ark,––two and two of all flesh, wherein was the ruah or breath oflife” (Gen. 7:15). “All in whose nostrils was the breath [neshamah] of the ruah or breath of life, of all that were on the dryground, died” (Gen. 7:22).“Thou hidest thy face, they are dismayed, Thou withdrawest their ruah or breath, They cease tobreathe, And, unto their own dust, do they return: Thou sendest forth thy ruah or breath, they are created, And thou renewestthe face of the ground” (Ps. 104:29-30). “Do not ye trust in nobles, in a son of man who hath no deliverance: His ruah orbreath, goeth forth, he returneth to his ground, In that very day, his thoughts perish” (Ps. 146:3-4). For, as regardeth the destinyof the sons of men and the destiny of beasts, one fate, have they, as dieth the one, so, dieth the other, and, one ruah or breath,have they all,––and, the pre–eminence of man over beast, is nothing, for, all, were vanity. All, go unto one place,–– all, camefrom the dust, and all, return tothe dust. Who knoweth the ruah or breath of the sons of men, whether it, ascendeth, above,––orthe ruah or breath of the beast, whether it, descendeth, below, to the earth” (Ecc. 3:19-21)? “And the dust return to the earth, asit was,––and, the ruah or breath, return unto Elohim, who gave it” (Ecc. 12:7). “Oh, remember that my lifeisa ruah or breath!My eye will never again see good” (Job 7:7). “And Job again took up his measure, and said: As El liveth who hath taken awaymy right, even the Almighty, whohath embittered my soul; All the while my inspiration is in me, and the ruah or breath of Elis in my nostrils” (Job 27:1- 3). “The grass, hath withered, The flower, hath faded, Because, the ruah or breath of Yahweh, hathblown upon it! Surely the people, is grass” (Is. 40:7)! “...At thy rebuke O Yahweh, at the blast of the breath [ruah] of thynostrils” (Ps. 18:15). “The ruah or breath of our nostrils, The Anointed of Yahweh, hath been captured in their pits,––of whomwe had said––In his shade, shall we liveamong the nations” (Lam. 4:20). “Thus, saith My Lord, Yahweh, Unto these bones,––Lo! I am about to bring into you––ruah or breath, and ye shall live; Yea I will lay upon you––sinews, And bring up over you––flesh, And cover over you–– skin, And put in you––ruah or breath, And ye shall live, Then shall ye know, that, I, amYahweh...And, when I looked, then lo! upon them were sinews, and, flesh, had come up, and there had spread, over them skin,above,––but, ruah or breath, was there none, within them...Then saidhe unto me, Prophesy unto the ruah or breath,––Prophesy, Son of man, and thou shalt say unto the ruah or breath, Thus, saith My Lord, Yahweh––From the four winds, comethou, O ruah or breath, And breathe into these slain, That they may live...And, when I prophesied, as he commanded me, thencame into them the ruah or breath, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceeding, great army...And I will put my ruahor breath within you, and ye shall live, And I will settle you upon your own soil, So shall ye know, that, I, Yahweh, havespoken and have performed, Declareth Yahweh” (Ez.37:5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14).“And,calling out with a loud voice, Yahshuasaid––Father! into thy hands, I commend myruah or breath. And, this, saying, he ceased to breathe” (Lk. 23:46)"
Sorry that post hurts my eyes..

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Psalm 139:22-24 The Message (MSG)

17-22 Your thoughts—how rare, how beautiful!
God, I’ll never comprehend them!
I couldn’t even begin to count them—
any more than I could count the sand of the sea.
Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!
And please, God, do away with wickedness for good!
And you murderers—out of here!—
all the men and women who belittle you, God,
infatuated with cheap god-imitations.
See how I hate those who hate you, God,
see how I loathe all this godless arrogance;
I hate it with pure, unadulterated hatred.
Your enemies are my enemies!
23-24 Investigate my life, O God,
find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I’m about;
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
then guide me on the road to eternal life."

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean two people
If true, they know God never, not even once, contradicts Himself, ever. No, not ever.

Thus, finding and learning truth with such a person is rare. (since it would take two people both following Jesus)
The one who is seeking or finding is one,
the other person is two.

Since it is rare enough to find anyone living in truth,
finding two such people is even more rare.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Know what?
That you can Have Christ today, funny how they all say we love Him, moment you tell them you can have Him now, they all run and hide away.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me

but so few let Him in.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you see thats exactly what christians do, they put the bible before God and Jesus, that makes it an idol. If anyone says, the bible is all I have, doesnt know Christ. We have Christ because of what He did, if HE isnt real, than HE is nothing if HE is second He is last.
More nonsense. Accusing persons of idolatry and that what they know of Christ is revealed to us only through Scripture means they don't know Christ is a false, baseless and shameful accusation.