Tumor Nuggets, lab grown meat is made from cancer cells

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See I decided to dig a little bit, the job that was supposed to be done by the one making the claims.

I dont have a clue what your talking about....denying this when it is proven. Just that you desire to be contrary.

Lab-Grown “Meat” is Made of “Immortalized” Cancer Cells​

This excellent Bloomberg article (paywall-free link) clarifies that all lab meat is grown as immortalized tumor cells. As the article explains, these same cells are used to produce traditional vaccines.

Thank the biotech revolution. Under the right conditions, animal cells can be grown in a petri dish, or even at scale in factories full of stainless-steel drums. For decades, companies such as Pfizer Inc. and Johnson & Johnson have cultured large volumes of cells to produce vaccines, monoclonal antibodies and other biotherapeutics. Now the idea is that we might as well eat these cells, too.
What are these cells?

The big honking asterisk is that normal meat cells don’t just keep dividing forever. To get the cell cultures to grow at rates big enough to power a business, several companies, including the Big Three, are quietly using what are called immortalized cells, something most people have never eaten intentionally. Immortalized cells are a staple of medical research, but they are, technically speaking, precancerous and can be, in some cases, fully cancerous.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I dont have a clue what your talking about....denying this when it is proven. Just that you desire to be contrary.

This excellent Bloomberg article (paywall-free link) clarifies that all lab meat is grown as immortalized tumor cells. As the article explains, these same cells are used to produce traditional vaccines.

What are these cells?
Contrarian. It's entirely possible they are one. I worked with a woman whose husband was a contrarian.
I met him and we all use to hang out for awhile till she divorced him.
I don't know how she stood him for that long.
Contrarianism personality disorder is not a myth. "Mary, Mary, quite contrary how does your garden grow?" That limerick was a warning.

From the article, “If we wanted to, we could eat malignant chicken tumors by the bucketload.”

Reactions: Scott Downey

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm amazed you insist you are still correct.
Well as I saw nothing to even imply that people could get cancer from cancerous cow cells and even a refutation of that from the AMA, I at least found the evidence to refute the OP claim.

If someone has other data, I would gladly read the cites they would post.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are these cells?
I have multiple tumors in my body as I type this. Not one of them is cancerous!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are these cells?
Let me show you the lead paragraph from the article you cite!

:Leading scientists agree that cultured meat products won’t give you cancer, but the industry doesn’t have the decades of data to prove it—so it’s trying to avoid the question instead."

If the industry doesn't have the data- the writers certainly don't either- they are making assumptions! and so far have no backed it up with those pesky little things called facts.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrarian. It's entirely possible they are one. I worked with a woman whose husband was a contrarian.
I met him and we all use to hang out for awhile till she divorced him.
I don't know how she stood him for that long.
Contrarianism personality disorder is not a myth. "Mary, Mary, quite contrary how does your garden grow?" That limerick was a warning.

From the article, “If we wanted to, we could eat malignant chicken tumors by the bucketload.”
Are you having a sadz because I do not accept your statements as infallible ex-cathedra declarations? Show me anything that says you can get cancer from malignant chicken or cow or pork or lamb or fish cells.

The fact they use tumorous cells to create a line of cells to create artificial meat doesn't prove that if those cells are cancerous you will get cancer. Especially in light of proven medical facts that prove otherwise!

So yes until I see empirical data that supports your claims, given the data I unearthed on line- I will remain contrarian, for that data shows you wrong.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I saw nothing to even imply that people could get cancer from cancerous cow cells and even a refutation of that from the AMA, I at least found the evidence to refute the OP claim.

If someone has other data, I would gladly read the cites they would post.
Well, if the AMA says it.... :phew:

We have to ask why lab grown meat is even a consideration.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if the AMA says it.... :phew:

We have to ask why lab grown meat is even a consideration.
Well show me why I should believe yo in this over the AMA and we can talk. do you even have an MD? they are right inenormous amounts of things and have been wrong in many as well also. But give me valid reasons why I should just accept you at your word and reject the AMA.

And I agree with you about why are we even considering lab grown meat. It is foolish results from the eco nuts who are brainwashing the world.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well show me why I should believe yo in this over the AMA and we can talk. do you even have an MD? they are right inenormous amounts of things and have been wrong in many as well also. But give me valid reasons why I should just accept you at your word and reject the AMA.

And I agree with you about why are we even considering lab grown meat. It is foolish results from the eco nuts who are brainwashing the world.
I'm not trying to change your mind in the least. You entered this thread as a naysayer and had no idea what you were talking about. And then presumed to tell posters it was up to them to prove your uneducated accusations valid. Do the work for you.

As to the AMA and FDA their records speak loudly. And not in a good way.

All the lawsuits for dangerous drugs is just one issue. They approved them until enough people suffered or died. Then say, oh we have to recall that.

Why? Because they're untouchable.
And pharmaceutical companies pay big money for the FDA to approve their latest drugs.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to change your mind in the least. You entered this thread as a naysayer and had no idea what you were talking about. And then presumed to tell posters it was up to them to prove your uneducated accusations valid. Do the work for you.

As to the AMA and FDA their records speak loudly. And not in a good way.

All the lawsuits for dangerous drugs is just one issue. They approved them until enough people suffered or died. Then say, oh we have to recall that.

Why? Because they're untouchable.
And pharmaceutical companies pay big money for the FDA to approve their latest drugs.
Once again all you have done is blather on and make more claims without evidence.

I entered this thread to get people who call themselves believers to back up their wild claims with real evidence.

All you have done is to show others you are a conspiracy theory hack, who will make wild claims and not back them up.

If people showed ecidence I am always willing to look, listen and make decisions.

I found my evidence and now just on your word I am supposed to say that tens of thousands of doctors are just whack jobs because you say so? Give me evidence.

Reactions: TinMan

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again all you have done is blather on and make more claims without evidence.

I entered this thread to get people who call themselves believers to back up their wild claims with real evidence.

All you have done is to show others you are a conspiracy theory hack, who will make wild claims and not back them up.

If people showed ecidence I am always willing to look, listen and make decisions.

I found my evidence and now just on your word I am supposed to say that tens of thousands of doctors are just whack jobs because you say so? Give me evidence.
You blather on asking for evidence when you refuse to acknowledge what's already been provided.

Tumor meat , Bon Appetite.
You found your evidence. That tells me everything about how this has been a waste of time trying to educate you.

Don't read this article. It contains no information about lab grown "tumor meat".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You blather on asking for evidence when you refuse to acknowledge what's already been provided.

Tumor meat , Bon Appetite.
You found your evidence. That tells me everything about how this has been a waste of time trying to educate you.

Don't read this article. It contains no information about lab grown "tumor meat".
Well this is a new article you have posted.

Once again the article does not say this meat poses any danger to people.

To me I wouldn't ever meat this stuff, I think it gross. but you made claims and still have refused to provide real evidence this meat can cause people any harm.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For other readers. Have you watched an attorney commercial asking those impacted by bad prescription drugs to call them?

Those drugs were first approved by the FDA.

Getting the FDA's approval for marketing anything under their control is not free. Nor is it in any way cheap.

What it later costs the consumer is irreconcilable.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this is a new article you have posted.

Once again the article does not say this meat poses any danger to people.

To me I wouldn't ever meat this stuff, I think it gross. but you made claims and still have refused to provide real evidence this meat can cause people any harm.
Consumable tissue grown from animal tumors.
You wouldn't eat the stuff.
Oh, but there's no proof it causes harm to people. Meat grown from tumor cells.

If this Frankinmeat does hit the market, those companies who paid the FDA for their approval will likely make a profit.

Years down the line, if people suffer health issues, the source for that cancer, etc... may be linked to their consumption of FDA approved tumor meats.

Years later, those meats may be pulled from the market.

Attorneys will pay for commercials soliciting clients impacted by tumor meat.

Which all could have been avoided if common sense caught their attention.

Tumors should NEVER be on the menu.

Don't eat tumors of any kind.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this Frankinmeat does hit the market, those companies who paid the FDA for their approval will likely make a profit.
And your evidence that the FDA has been paid off is???????????????????????????????????? If you can back this up we have a massivwe scandal and cover up on a grand scale. I think it would get news rtime on at least you tube! Maybe a few conservative politicians will bring an investigation to congress! So please give us some evidence of this bribery.
Years down the line, if people suffer health issues, the source for that cancer, etc... may be linked to their consumption of FDA approved tumor meats.

Years later, those meats may be pulled from the market.

Maybe, or it will continue to be shown as safe to eat. The research into whether animal cancer cells can cause cancer in humans has been around a long time and the answer is negative.

but if the process does cause these synthesized cells to create cancer in people, that will be discovered.
Attorneys will pay for commercials soliciting clients impacted by tumor meat.

Which all could have been avoided if common sense caught their attention.

Tumors should NEVER be on the menu.

Don't eat tumors of any kind.
Well I know I won't eat it.

And if it is found out they covered up health danger because of the process yes attorneys will get billions for their clients who choose to eat it. but until their is evidence that tumor meat is dangerous to people, it still is a free country and people are free to eat it if they choose.

I won't but others will I am sure.

I agree with you that tumor meat shouldn't be on the menu. but not because anyone has provided evidence of any kind that it has a real possibility of being harmful to people.

• Haha
Reactions: ButterflyJones

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your evidence that the FDA has been paid off is???????????????????????????????????? If you can back this up we have a massivwe scandal and cover up on a grand scale. I think it would get news rtime on at least you tube! Maybe a few conservative politicians will bring an investigation to congress! So please give us some evidence of this bribery.

Maybe, or it will continue to be shown as safe to eat. The research into whether animal cancer cells can cause cancer in humans has been around a long time and the answer is negative.

but if the process does cause these synthesized cells to create cancer in people, that will be discovered.

Well I know I won't eat it.

And if it is found out they covered up health danger because of the process yes attorneys will get billions for their clients who choose to eat it. but until their is evidence that tumor meat is dangerous to people, it still is a free country and people are free to eat it if they choose.

I won't but others will I am sure.

I agree with you that tumor meat shouldn't be on the menu. but not because anyone has provided evidence of any kind that it has a real possibility of being harmful to people.
When you don't know how the FDA works, don't blather to me.

I know what's coming There's no evidence it costs money to get an FDA clearance.

When the tumor meat hazard evidence does arrive, it's too late. What say you then?