Turns out that the True “ Chief Of Sinners” (BB) is a Lot like Jesus !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank the Lord for that...

Because I have been praying for you.

Your prayers were about 40 years too late...I have known about these Truths for a long time....unfortunately you have not told the complete story about your False and Perverted Doctrine Of Works.....and you know what I am referring to even though in 90 % of your posts you seem to leave it out .....For all of the Newbies out there , it sounds like this—- “Jesus Saves, but once you know that, ya gotta Repent Of all of your Sins before you die ( aka, “ Lucky Repentance” ) or you will go to Hell.You see, even though the Blood Of Jesus is “ Essential” for Salvation, alas, it just ain’t “ Adequate” in and of itself for that Salvation.God needs a type of “ Co- Savior” ( namely, YOU! ) to help get the job done!
It’s a “ subtle “ little twist on the True Gospel That says “Jesus Saves, with no “buts” attached—- no Works, in other words.....
Proper Repentance for the Saved man should be a Natural thing —- it is for me! It’s a natural Fruit of the Spirit That helps restore a damaged relationship when I do wrong. It never Saved me....It never “kept” me Saved .....what saved me was a different type Of Repentance That is for the Unsaved Man—— I Turned to God ( repented) as a Lost Sinner and asked Jesus to Save me....That’s all I ever did....it worked for me.... it will work for you ....
Everybody is free to turn “Repentance “ into a Work—- make it an obligatory burden , something to fret about and put it upon your shoulders as proof of a refusal to accept the Grace of God and Cripple your Walk Of Faith.This “ Crippled” Walk is an optimistic viewpoint .....Adding “ you must repent of all of your Sins before you die, lest you be damned” to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing for Salvation is how a confused, poorly taught Soul “ Falls from Grace”...... that could much worse than “ a Crippled Walk” ......depending upon whom you listen to , “ THAT” might be the way to Damnation....
Pray to your Father....ask him to show you how to Rest in the Gospel .....God Bless....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, we have it even in the epistle of Paul to the Galatians (5:19-21) that if we walk according to the works of the flesh, we will not inherit the kingdom of God...and the only alternative to inheriting the kingdom of God is suffering eternally in the kingdom of hell.

Therefore, if you are going to escape hell and enter into the kingdom of heaven, you must repent of working the works of the flesh...you must cease from operating in them. Because if you don't, you will be working the works of the flesh and will not inherit the kingdom of heaven as the result...and that means burning in hell for ever and ever.

Not something that I would want to take a chance on...

When Jesus saves us, He does not only save us from the penalty of sin...He also saves us from its practice and power (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14).

The blood of Jesus is most certainly adequate to save us...

However, it does not only justify us (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies us (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (11 John 1:7).

So, can it be applied and not perform all of its functions?

If it has sanctified and cleansed you from all sin, you can be certain that it has also justified you.

Therefore if it has justified you, will it not also sanctify and cleanse you at the moment of justification?

Can it perform one of its functions (justify) and not also perform its others (to sanctify and cleanse)?

I will say that God does not perform the work of sanctification in a man against his will (for Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman); therefore the Lord requires repentance if He is going to do all three works that are provided by His blood.

Now we do not obtain this salvation by attempting to change our behaviour but by faith. We do not obtain it by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts; as though obeying the law could save us.

But we obtain this salvation by placing our faith in Christ as the remedy for our sinful behaviour; and He comes in and changes us from the inside out; so that, now that we have the Spirit and also walk according to the Spirit, the righteousness of the law is (practically) fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

Romans 7:6 is key to our understanding in this.

For in Galatians 6:13, it becomes clear that no one can keep the letter of the law.

So then, as we are delivered from the law and its condemnation, we are set free to walk not after the oldness of the letter but after the newness of the spirit.

If Jesus has saved you then He has saved you from sin (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14); which is the transgression of the law (Romans 3:20, 1 John 3:4).

So then, those who have been redeemed by Christ will become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom.

In Galatians 5:22-23 this becomes abundantly clear. If we bear the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that will condemn us in our behaviour.

Thus, it is a righteousness apart from the law (for we receive the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ) that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21). The law testifies to the fact that the righteousness of faith is the righteousness of God.

Most definitely, we are not justified by the works of the law (Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16). However, when we are born again, we are regenerated and renewed on the inside and the result will be obedience to God's word. Therefore we are justified unto obeying the works of the law. Again, not through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts; but through bearing the fruit of the Spirit our behaviour will be the behaviour of a law-abiding citizen of the kingdom.

Also, in James 1:25, we find that if we look into the perfect law of liberty and continue therein, we will be blessed in what we do. So then, the law, for the believer in Christ, is no longer a condemning taskmaster but is rather a set of wisdom principles to live by for the sake of being blessed as we live our lives in this world.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your prayers were about 40 years too late...I have known about these Truths for a long time...

Of course my prayer for you has been that you would repent of fighting the real gospel of Jesus Christ as I preach it with the law intertwined as a schoolmaster to help lead people to Christ...

...unfortunately you have not told the complete story about your False and Perverted Doctrine Of Works...

Perhaps you should use the quote feature and show by quoting me where I have ever preached a doctrine of works as being the means to becoming saved...

Of course, even Paul the apostle preached that we are saved unto the doing of good works (Ephesians 2:8-10).