Two 1260 day periods ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem with this is trying to push a sqare peg in a round hole. No where does scripture give a time reference to when Stephen was killed. It is purely made up conjecture. And Daniel 9:27 is NOT about Jesus. He has already been cut off. THEN the city and sanctuary is destroyed, and we know that to be 70 AD, so the following verse is not going backwards no matter how hard you push. I do know that your view is the same as Seventh-day Adventists, but just as wrong. What is not being addressed is the fact that the second Jewish revolt was from 66 AD to 73 AD with 70 AD in the middle of the week when the Romans destroyed "the city and the sanctuary." Can't get any clearer than history.

Seeing as this was the second Jewish revolt, the astute are aware that the Great Tribulation will also be 7 years long, just as was the first from 67 BC to 60 BC, and second 66 AD to 73 AD. And all three are two halves of 3.5 years each.

“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off
, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. 70 AD
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

Scripture doesn't say when Stephen was killed that's why I said that I believe it to be. I didn't claim anything about Daniel 9:27 in this timeline as I don't think it has anything to do with it

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture doesn't say when Stephen was killed that's why I said that I believe it to be. I didn't claim anything about Daniel 9:27 in this timeline as I don't think it has anything to do with it

Scripture doesn't say because God is not a God of confusion. Stephen's death was not in the timeline of any of Daniel's prophecies.

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

Revelation 12’s 1260 days I believe to be the time from the day of Pentecost until the time of the start of the great persecution of the church which started the day Stephen was killed

Revelation 11’s 1260 days I believe to be the time of Jesus ministry on the earth which the two witnesses the law and the prophets are symbolic for as they mirror Jesus life as the law and the prophets all pointed to Jesus

It would be good to make a thread on this subject alone, for those who wish to truly analyze it and add input to see if this could gain any traction.

For example, start with the most obvious and see what it might correlate with. The question would be:

What significance is it that Jesus' earthly ministry lasted 3½ years?

See what answers come from that question alone. Others might have some insights as to whether it correlates to any of the things being discussed (the 1260 days, as you wrote, or other 3½ year time periods), in addition to your thoughts. We might get more information. There's also that 1290 and 1335 days thing at the end of Daniel 12 which is very mystifying. :)

Probably won't get anything on this site, since everybody has already expressed their thoughts on the matter. Probably won't get any new ideas on the question as i wrote it, on this site.

Last edited:

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I ponder your Rev 12 interpretation, I start to find issue with it.

Rev 12 is the Great Tribulation time. You acknowledged that. But your interpretation does not correlate. You said that the time of Stephen's stoning, marking the beginning of the tribulation on the church in Acts, took 1260 days to occur.

That's not a correlation, even if we could document the number of days until Stephen's death.

In other words, if it took 1260 days to get to Stephen's death, that does not correlate with a 1260 days of Great Tribulation.

You would essentially have Jesus' ministry lasting 1260 days, and then another 1260 days of Church getting underway, and THEN the stoning of Stephen. Basically 7 years BEFORE tribulation.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would be good to make a thread on this subject alone, for those who wish to truly analyze it and add input to see if this could gain any traction.

For example, start with the most obvious and see what it might correlate with. The question would be:

See what answers come from that question alone. Others might have some insights as to whether it correlates to any of the things being discussed (the 1260 days, as you wrote, or other 3½ year time periods), in addition to your thoughts. We might get more information. There's also that 1290 and 1335 days thing at the end of Daniel 12 which is very mystifying. :)

Probably won't get anything on this site, since everybody has already expressed their thoughts on the matter. Probably won't get any new ideas on the question as i wrote it, on this site.

You should start one

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The more I ponder your Rev 12 interpretation, I start to find issue with it.

Rev 12 is the Great Tribulation time. You acknowledged that. But your interpretation does not correlate. You said that the time of Stephen's stoning, marking the beginning of the tribulation on the church in Acts, took 1260 days to occur.

That's not a correlation, even if we could document the number of days until Stephen's death.

In other words, if it took 1260 days to get to Stephen's death, that does not correlate with a 1260 days of Great Tribulation.

You would essentially have Jesus' ministry lasting 1260 days, and then another 1260 days of Church getting underway, and THEN the stoning of Stephen. Basically 7 years BEFORE tribulation.

The only time in the bible that we actually see the words “the great tribulation” is in revelation 7 where the great multitude from every nation is mentioned. The is the great tribulation of the church which started the day Stephen was killed and is still happening today.

“The great tribulation” in revelation 7 isn’t the same great tribulation upon Israel in the first century or the wrath of God on the world

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus the Messiah the Prince is the 70th week.

3.5 years of earthly ministry at the first coming. 3.5 years of earthly ministry at the Second Coming.

One half as Messiah. The Second half as Prince.

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only time in the bible that we actually see the words “the great tribulation” is in revelation 7 where the great multitude from every nation is mentioned. The is the great tribulation of the church which started the day Stephen was killed and is still happening today.

“The great tribulation” in revelation 7 isn’t the same great tribulation upon Israel in the first century or the wrath of God on the world

Actually, it does not occur anywhere. The noun marker "the" is not in the Aramaic (it's an error added in by Greek, and then into English), and when you read the verse again without the noun marker, it even makes more sense.

Rev 7:14 I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are they who have come out of great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

So just analyze it. That large number of brethren before the throne include Stephen, as you declared, but also all the saints even from the Old testament, wouldn't you have to agree?

If Stephen is part of that group, why exclude any of the others who belong to that same Tree, just because they lived during older days? Jesus led a host of captives free when He ascended on high.

As I have declared on several occasions, God's word was penned in the language of the Jews, not the gentiles, and the Greek was a translation from that.

Those before the throne are those who have come out of great tribulation. As you already agree, it's not narrowed down to the last few years of the age before Jesus 2nd coming. It includes all saints who have suffered great tribulation, which also adds to the reason why "no man could number them".

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The great tribulation is the whole church age. The time of greatest trouble from the Olivet Discourse is the final harvest when Jesus and His angels are on earth during the Trumpets and Thunders. The GT is the short but yet thorough time of judgment.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, it does not occur anywhere. The noun marker "the" is not in the Aramaic (it's an error added in by Greek, and then into English), and when you read the verse again without the noun marker, it even makes more sense.

Rev 7:14 I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are they who have come out of great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

So just analyze it. That large number of brethren before the throne include Stephen, as you declared, but also all the saints even from the Old testament, wouldn't you have to agree?

If Stephen is part of that group, why exclude any of the others who belong to that same Tree, just because they lived during older days? Jesus led a host of captives free when He ascended on high.

As I have declared on several occasions, God's word was penned in the language of the Jews, not the gentiles, and the Greek was a translation from that.

Those before the throne are those who have come out of great tribulation. As you already agree, it's not narrowed down to the last few years of the age before Jesus 2nd coming. It includes all saints who have suffered great tribulation, which also adds to the reason why "no man could number them".

Yes agreed but I guess my point is that the great tribulation from revelation 7 isn’t what most people think is a 7 year tribulation which actually isn’t mentioned anywhere in the bible

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The great tribulation is the whole church age. The time of greatest trouble from the Olivet Discourse is the final harvest when Jesus and His angels are on earth during the Trumpets and Thunders. The GT is the short but yet thorough time of judgment.

No the great tribulation is on the saints as mentioned in Revelation 7 what you are talking about is the wrath of God

Last edited:

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two bibles, translated from the original Aramaic into English, that you should have in your studying. I created this thread with their links on this site:

You should add these 2 Aramaic to English "Peshitta" bibles to your library
Yes agreed but I guess my point is that the great tribulation from revelation 7 isn’t what most people think is a 7 year tribulation which actually isn’t mentioned anywhere in the bible

In your quote above, I highlighted in red the part I am now asking you to qualify:

Most, myself included, believe the week of years mentioned by Daniel, and split into halves, also mentioned by Daniel, refers to the last week of years (the end of the age) before Christ returns, puts an end to lawlessness, and establishes His kingdom on earth.

So we would say that the 7-year period is in fact mentioned in the bible.

You disagree?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Two bibles, translated from the original Aramaic into English, that you should have in your studying. I created this thread with their links on this site:

In your quote above, I highlighted in red the part I am now asking you to qualify:

Most, myself included, believe the week of years mentioned by Daniel, and split into halves, also mentioned by Daniel, refers to the last week of years (the end of the age) before Christ returns, puts an end to lawlessness, and establishes His kingdom on earth.

You disagree?

First what I’m saying is that there is no 7 year tribulation mentioned anywhere in the bible especially in Revelation or the Olivit discourse

I also don’t think that Daniels 70th week is split in half or has anything to do with the future I believe it was fulfilled without antioxidants Epehanies

But back to Jesus 3 1/2 year ministry what is the is there any significants to the 3 1/2 years?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You disagree?

Putting an end to lawlessness in verse 24 is actually what Jesus accomplished on the cross. 1 John 3:5 "Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin." Many Christians recognize they still sin so don't believe 1 John 3:5-9. They would rather apply 1 John 1:8 to themselves, not realizing that is referring to someone who has yet to confess their sins and be cleansed of all unrighteousness as the next verse says. Jesus said we must be born again. Those who still commit willful sins of lawlessness are NOT born again. They are the lukewarm who Jesus talks of in Matthew 7:21-23.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The 'great tribulation', or 'great ordeal', as the REBible has it; is a direct reference the the just happened Sixth Seal world disaster of the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath.
Nothing to do with the 3 1/2 years when the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls take place.
Others might have some insights as to whether it correlates to any of the things being discussed (the 1260 days, as you wrote, or other 3½ year time periods), in addition to your thoughts. We might get more information. There's also that 1290 and 1335 days thing at the end of Daniel 12 which is very mystifying.
Here is how the last 7 years and the extra days of Daniel 12:11-12 fit in:
Firstly the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster will happen.
This enables a One World Govt to be set up, but we Christians won't be a part of it.

The leader of the World Govt will make a seven year peace treaty with the people then living in all of the holy Land. He will do this because the Lord will have just wiped the massive attack upon them from the North. Ezekiel 38 and 39

There will be peace for the next 3 1/2 years, exactly 1260 days, but then he will conquer God's people, Daniel 7:25 and Rev 13:7, and sit in the Temple. 2 Thess 2:4
Then for the next 1260 days, he will control all the world, but all the punishments prophesied of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls, will take place, culminating with the 7th Bowl - Armageddon . Revelation 16:13-18
Plus the Two Witnesses will preach in Jerusalem for these 1260 days, Revelation 11:3

Also, the faithful believers will be kept in a place of safety on earth. Revelation 12:14

Jesus will Return on the Day of Tabernacles, 15 Tishri. [Tabernacles means; God with us] Exactly 2520 days since the peace treaty was signed.

30 days later, [day 1290 since the Temple was desecrated] we will celebrate the Feast of Purim and 75 days later; 1335 days since the Temple was desecrated, we will rededicate the Temple at the final Hanukkah.
Proved by the exact 75 day period between 15 Tishri; Tabernacles and 25 Kislev; Hanukkah.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I’ll do a thread on revelation 12

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting an end to lawlessness in verse 24 is actually what Jesus accomplished on the cross. 1 John 3:5 "Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin." Many Christians recognize they still sin so don't believe 1 John 3:5-9. They would rather apply 1 John 1:8 to themselves, not realizing that is referring to someone who has yet to confess their sins and be cleansed of all unrighteousness as the next verse says. Jesus said we must be born again. Those who still commit willful sins of lawlessness are NOT born again. They are the lukewarm who Jesus talks of in Matthew 7:21-23.

You are one seriously deceived person and not handling the scriptures rightly.

All people have sin, and the more you grow closer to Jesus, the more sin is revealed in you and the more humble you become and the more Grace you cry for. People who think they have no sin are (as the verse you misquote) deceived and the truth is not them.

Jesus taught the disciples to pray daily in the "Lord's Prayer" for bread, and to to forgive our sins as we forgive others.

The apostles also noted their weaknesses and groaned over their sin.

You think you have no sin??? Deceived.