Two Scriptures proving the Risen Lord and Saints on earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

The Lord promised to give that land on this earth to Abraham personally. Not to David. It will be David's throne on earth, but it will be Abraham's land.

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

And so, the Lord Himself shall be on earth, and Job shall see Him, and He shall give the land to Abraham, that he walked upon before.

If they are going to pack up afterward and move on, then fine, but 2 Peter 3 cannot be speaking of His second coming as lightening through the sky.

Not before standing upon the earth and giving that land personally to Abraham.

It's not possible that the Lord will not keep His personal promise to Abraham, nor that Job prophesied falsely.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

The Lord promised to give that land on this earth to Abraham personally. Not to David. It will be David's throne on earth, but it will be Abraham's land.

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

And so, the Lord Himself shall be on earth, and Job shall see Him, and He shall give the land to Abraham, that he walked upon before.

If they are going to pack up afterward and move on, then fine, but 2 Peter 3 cannot be speaking of His second coming as lightening through the sky.

It's not possible that the Lord will not keep His personal promise to Abraham, nor that Job prophesied falsely.
Good point! The earth is the Lord's and all of its fulness, which of course includes us men. Abraham represents the faith that God wants to cover the earth, so that the knowledge of the Lord covers the earth as the waters cover the sea. It's like a land inheritance for those who believe in and follow Christ.

David, by contrast, represents Christian rule. So there we have it--Abraham owns the earth, along with his descendants of faith, and David presents the reality of Christ's rule over all the earth.

I'm not sure what point is being proved, but it sounds logical to me! ;)

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

The Lord kept His Word. If you would simply let the Word speak for itself. After Moses death, Joshua was given the command of the Lord to go in and inherit the land.

Joshua 1:1-6 records, “after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore ARISE, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.”

The land to be taken was therefore in perfect accord with that promised unto Abraham.

Joshua 11:23 confirms its complete fulfilment, saying, So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the Lord said unto Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance unto Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war.”

The land promised unto Moses was exactly the same as that promised unto Abraham. Therefore, Joshua inherited the whole land promised unto Abraham, Isaac and Jacob proving the faithfulness of the promises of God.

Joshua 15:1, 4 confirms the Southern border was taken, saying, "This then was the lot of the tribe of the children of Judah … From thence it passed toward Azmon, and went out unto the river of Egypt; and the goings out of that coast were at the sea: this shall be your south coast.”

Joshua reiterates the gracious fulfilment of this promise, in Joshua 21:43-45, saying, And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand. There failed not ought of any good thing which the lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.”

In this passage, Joshua expands, stating that “the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it.” Thus, expressly confirming the fulfilment of the land promise and linking of the same was the same as that promised unto Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Again, it was evidently possessed in full.

Whilst, God provision was an eternal promise for the believing Israel

Joshua 22:4: “And now the LORD your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side Jordan.”

Shortly before Joshua’s death, recorded in Joshua 23:14-16, God’s servant reminded the people of God’s existing favor upon them and how graciously He had fulfilled ALL His promises unto them, saying, “And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.”

Reactions: covenantee

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The giants of faith past had something else in mind Robert.

Heb 11
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called [by God], obeyed by going to a place which he was to receive as an inheritance; and he went, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as a foreigner in the promised land, as in a strange land, living in tents [as nomads] with Isaac and Jacob, who were fellow heirs of the same promise. 10 For he was [waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has foundations, [an eternal, heavenly city] whose architect and builder is God.

13 All these died in faith [guided and sustained by it], without receiving the [tangible fulfillment of God’s] promises, only having seen (anticipated) them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 Now those who say such things make it clear that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 And if they had been thinking of that country from which they departed [as their true home], they would have had [a continuing] opportunity to return. 16 But the truth is that they were longing for a better country, that is, a heavenly one. For that reason God is not ashamed [of them or] to be called their God [even to be surnamed their God—the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob]; for He has prepared a city for them.

They were looking for the same place we NT folk do, the place Jesus has gone to prepare for us, the New Jerusalem.

Isnt that just amazing.

Reactions: covenantee and rwb

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point! The earth is the Lord's and all of its fulness, which of course includes us men. Abraham represents the faith that God wants to cover the earth, so that the knowledge of the Lord covers the earth as the waters cover the sea. It's like a land inheritance for those who believe in and follow Christ.

David, by contrast, represents Christian rule. So there we have it--Abraham owns the earth, along with his descendants of faith, and David presents the reality of Christ's rule over all the earth.

I'm not sure what point is being proved, but it sounds logical to me! ;)
Spiritually speaking now, it sounds good.

In earthly manner, the resurrected Abraham will be given that very land he walked on after separating from Lot.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The giants of faith past had something else in mind Robert.

Heb 11
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called [by God], obeyed by going to a place which he was to receive as an inheritance; and he went, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as a foreigner in the promised land, as in a strange land, living in tents [as nomads] with Isaac and Jacob, who were fellow heirs of the same promise. 10 For he was [waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has foundations, [an eternal, heavenly city] whose architect and builder is God.

13 All these died in faith [guided and sustained by it], without receiving the [tangible fulfillment of God’s] promises, only having seen (anticipated) them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 Now those who say such things make it clear that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 And if they had been thinking of that country from which they departed [as their true home], they would have had [a continuing] opportunity to return. 16 But the truth is that they were longing for a better country, that is, a heavenly one. For that reason God is not ashamed [of them or] to be called their God [even to be surnamed their God—the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob]; for He has prepared a city for them.

They were looking for the same place we NT folk do, the place Jesus has gone to prepare for us, the New Jerusalem.

Isnt that just amazing.
The Scripture is speaking of heavenly New Jerusalem.

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

This Scripture is speaking of the land God promised He would give to Abraham personally.

He hasn't done that yet.