Two Types Of Repenters That Find Damnation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeap, I think you read my write up on a forming Christian denomination without morals....ie...knowing what is wrong but choosing to disregard and thinking they are on the train to heaven.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeap, I think you read my write up on a forming Christian denomination without morals....ie...knowing what is wrong but choosing to disregard and thinking they are on the train to heaven.
Nope.... I don't remember reading it... Where is it ?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well.... @Grailhunter ... I don't even know how to begin to look for this post you wrote. I would like to read it.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok... so I read your other comments and that was a voting thread... so... NOPE... not going to go there.. LOL

I'm going to edit this and add to it to save space... LOL

I took a closer look... and it seems to me ( if I am reading your words correctly ) that you feel/believe that the moral decline in Christian morals was reflected in how people voted. ( all those who voted for democrats would suggest that they voted for all the things you listed... abortions etc. )

I don't think there are statistics on how many Christians voted for Biden... It's not possible to know an accurate answer.

I do not see it that way... Somehow... voting according to good conscience used to be a private right... and suddenly... this election... that all changed... and Christians decided that those who voted for democrats were anti God. There was no freedom to vote this time.

I think the Evangelical Christians put their nose in the last election... and it caused a lot of problems.... but anyway.... that is neither here nor there.

I am wondering is this the ONLY observation you are basing moralless Christians on?? The fact that they did not all vote Republican.

I am not familiar with what these new and modern churches are teaching as I don't listen to them.

I do however believe that the Word of Faith and Prosperity false Gospels that most of AMERICA is watching on television is a large part of the problem with the abandonment of biblical principals... You have preachers telling people they need not get sick... they need not accept bad weather... they have only to NAME and CLAIM whatever it is they desire... and it will be theirs... and NOT only that... on top of this... for the full meal deal... YOU are meant to be rich...

This teaching which has caught like wild-fire has damaged Christianity severely in my opinion.. .and has perverted the true Gospel of Christ.

Not sure if I stayed on topic here... If not... I apologize.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...as long as we walk around in these weak bodies of flesh,,where we “ Stumble” , fall victim to “ the Sin That so easily besets us” and can find ourselves “ caught up” in Sin—- even the most mature Believers...

The doctrine of the inevitability of sin is a false doctrine and heresy.

No one is arguing against repentance... they are stating it is not a condition of salvation.

It is a condition of salvation; for if you continue to be a worker of iniquity, you will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

If you work the works of the flesh, you will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21); and the only alternative is hell.

and I HATE BULLIES...

Not sure why you like @Blood Bought 1953 then.

I don't do arrogance very well... actually I don't do it at all.... and so there are some here that I won't even bother communicating with.

Again, I'm not sure why you like @Blood Bought 1953 if that is the case.

Repentance is great....Turning ( and mostly failing) from Sin is great....
It only becomes a work when poorly taught , Confused people say that you MUST do it to GET Saved or to STAY Saved...

If you continue to be a worker of iniquity, you will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41)

I know how a Sinner gets Saved! He asks ......

If a sinner asks Allah to save him, or if he asks God to save him apart from Jesus Christ, he will not be saved.

Romans 10:13 is more specific than you make it out to be. The name of the Lord is "Jesus Christ of Nazareth" (Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12).

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Salvation is not about being perfect, and Mercy and Grace is not about living a sinful lifestyle. The truth is in the

Hi Grailhunter,
And yet we are called to the perfection that is the fullness of Christ.
If we allow His Grace to work in us, He will bring us to that perfection...

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Happy Easter brother!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Illuminator

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of the inevitability of sin is a false doctrine and heresy.

You have said this before and it does not make any sense.
If you could live a life without sin, you would not need Christ.
All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God.
Even if you live in a closet and do not sin, no one will believe you and think you are a lyer.
Lyer In South Africa, the lad who walks before a team of oxen, guiding the leaders with a rope.
As far as a heresy....wrong again....in fact that doctrine could be considered a heresy.
Like ya a bunch JBF, but you are a sinner.
1st John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If you say the Grace of Christ continually washes you of sin....then you have to find that scripture.
If you say Christ makes you perfect, then that is by the power of Christ...but it is a cloak of perfection.
It is like saying you can never be late to work if you car pool with the boss.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Grailhunter,
And yet we are called to the perfection that is the fullness of Christ.
If we allow His Grace to work in us, He will bring us to that perfection...

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Happy Easter brother!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!
Hey there!
Salutations!
Read post 212

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could live a life without sin, you would not need Christ.

Of course I need Christ to be able to live a life without sin. I cannot be sin-free unless I abide in Him (1 John 3:6).

All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God.

All have sinned and "come short" of the glory of God.

The words in quotes are in the present passive indicative...and they indicate that it is the person who is not active in pursuing Christ is presently coming short of the glory of God.

But if you are pursuing Christ, the present active indicative would make the following true of you.

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

the last of those verses may in fact be hypoerbole; but if it is, it is John exaggerating to make a point.

What point?

That those who are born again have made a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God. So, they are walking in a new direction; so that the following is true of them.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Notice it does not say, "If we say that we do no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Read 1 John 1:8 again.

It is speaking of indwelling sin.

The element of sin within us can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

Thus, it should be clear that 1 John 3:5-9 is speaking of practical behaviour.

If you say the Grace of Christ continually washes you of sin....then you have to find that scripture.

Easy...1 John 1:7. the Greek word there, for "cleanseth" is in the aorist present perfect indicative;

And therefore it can be translated as "continually cleanseth".

And it is the blood of Christ that cleanseth us from all sin.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I need Christ to be able to live a life without sin. I cannot be sin-free unless I abide in Him (1 John 3:6).

All have sinned and "come short" of the glory of God.

The words in quotes are in the present passive indicative...and they indicate that it is the person who is not active in pursuing Christ is presently coming short of the glory of God.

But if you are pursuing Christ, the present active indicative would make the following true of you.

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

the last of those verses may in fact be hypoerbole; but if it is, it is John exaggerating to make a point.

What point?

That those who are born again have made a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God. So, they are walking in a new direction; so that the following is true of them.

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Notice it does not say, "If we say that we do no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Read 1 John 1:8 again.

It is speaking of indwelling sin.

The element of sin within us can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

Thus, it should be clear that 1 John 3:5-9 is speaking of practical behaviour.

Easy...1 John 1:7. the Greek word there, for "cleanseth" is in the aorist present perfect indicative;

And therefore it can be translated as "continually cleanseth".

And it is the blood of Christ that cleanseth us from all sin.

Not a chance.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a chance.
I have given scripture to back up every statement.

And therefore your denial of what I am saying is a denial of the teaching of holy scripture.

You are going to have to come up with more than a flat denial of what I am saying if you are going to win this argument.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IS THERE A NEW DENOMINATION FORMING?

Time for a lecture. Today there are a lot of different Christian beliefs. I wonder if Christ intended it that way...Baskin-Robbins times 10,000....a flavor for everybody....ya think?

Now you might think that when Paul was preaching that there was one faith...one belief....not even close.
Belief control has always been a pipe dream. No matter what denomination you claim...(if any)...odds are good that the guy that sits next to you in church does not believe exactly like you do.

The Catholics thought it was important to have one faith....and it turned the church into a monster. So I am on the fence as to whether or not that was Christ's intent.

Within the first 400 years of Christianity, the differing beliefs would be hard to count due to the vagueness of history. When I started the tread "Is there a new denomination forming?" I was not being facetious. A lot of time has passed...society has changed ...technology...science...education. What the Bible teaches is from an ancient perspective. Older people have developed quite a juggling act between saying that science is all bunk but living in a home full of science....their lives full of science....their Ford pickup having more and better computers than those that took man to the moon. But if they have a heart attack they will use that witchy smart phone to call the technology mobile to take them to a building full of science.

But back to Sunday School they preach that the earth is only 6,000 years old, evolution is a lie, the existence of Cavemen is lie, that dinosaurs did not exist, and some still preach that the world is flat and disease is caused by demons. For older people this is just fine...they have learned to juggle these two realities just fine. For younger people...we are losing the youth. They maybe respectful, but a lot of them will not even give Christianity a chance because of it.

So back to the topic, with Christianity teaching these old outdate concepts, is it surprising that some are wondering if the morals taught in the Bible are also outdated? People that want a relationship with Christ but are not going to believe some of the things it teaches. The morals are pretty hardline and do not fit into society in general. So there are a number of people that are going to believe in Christ, but not pay much attention to anything else.

What will the new denomination look like...kind of like a lava lamp? A little bit of the Green stuff...hug a tree...solar power...ride an electric car or bicycle...the green diet...fear of air, water, sun, and sugar...live and let live...tolerant...anything goes...peace love smoke pot...freedom and liberty is not worth the violence it takes to maintain it...succumb to communism...This is all a real thing. Now will they ever come up with a name for it, who knows.

I talk a lot about small bubbles and big bubbles of reality...a lot of people live in small bubbles...ramifications, cause and effect, and patterns are not everyone's forté. Because of my line of work and education I look at the world from a broader perspective. Historically speaking, there are two ways to keep society "reasonably stable"...The Romans and Communist countries use the iron fist. The Romans use to leave people crucified at the gates of their cities to get the message a crossed. The other way is a moral society...one that believes in morals, responsibility, and accountability. These are the things that are going to be lost in this new denomination and society will pay the price...whether it is due to their own actions or by the judgment of Christ.

The bottom line is that the morals of the Bible are not outdated and when you move away from them...bad things happen. About as simple as I can put it.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given scripture to back up every statement.

And therefore your denial of what I am saying is a denial of the teaching of holy scripture.

You are going to have to come up with more than a flat denial of what I am saying if you are going to win this argument.

I gave you the scriptures. You have the Old Testament, you have the New Testament...you have the reason for the New Testament and you common sense.
Don't get me wrong...I would think that you are great guy....but not sinless.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But back to Sunday School they preach that the earth is only 6,000 years old, evolution is a lie, the existence of Cavemen is lie,

And of course, the Bible teaches us about cave men...

Heb 11:37, They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38, (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39, And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40, God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

I gave you the scriptures. You have the Old Testament, you have the New Testament...you have the reason for the New Testament and you common sense.
Don't get me wrong...I would think that you are great guy....but not sinless.

And of course I don't think I'm sinless (1 John 1:8). Perfect, maybe (Hebrews 10:14)...

The element of sin dwelling within us can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14)...

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States