UK Ends Face Mask Requirements, Heading To Normalcy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NewsWeek
England Lifts Face Mask Mandate, Lets People Return to Offices as Omicron Cases Near Peak

1/19/22

The mandatory face mask rule will be lifted beginning on Thursday in England, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Wednesday.

Johnson said that, along with the face mask mandate, COVID-19 passports will no longer be required for large events and gatherings, such as at nightclubs and other venues, the BBC reported. Masks in schools are no longer required and people may return to offices for work.

"We will trust the judgment of the British people and no longer criminalize anyone who chooses not to wear one," he said.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NewsWeek
England Lifts Face Mask Mandate, Lets People Return to Offices as Omicron Cases Near Peak

1/19/22

The mandatory face mask rule will be lifted beginning on Thursday in England, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Wednesday.

Johnson said that, along with the face mask mandate, COVID-19 passports will no longer be required for large events and gatherings, such as at nightclubs and other venues, the BBC reported. Masks in schools are no longer required and people may return to offices for work.

"We will trust the judgment of the British people and no longer criminalize anyone who chooses not to wear one," he said.
Breaking world news about 16hrs ago, and not a peep from fake news sources CNN, MSNBC

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Boris is trying to appease us because of ‘ Partygate’ all covid passes, restrictions will come to an end in March. Although some will start to ease now. I don’t know where the mandatory vaccines are in it all, whether they will still push that for the nhs in March, or keep it in place for care homes. To be honest outside of work there is little evidence that we had any restrictions ( although I don’t really travel places and don’t go to concerts and nightclubs )
Rita

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Boris is trying to appease us because of ‘ Partygate’ all covid passes, restrictions will come to an end in March. Although some will start to ease now. I don’t know where the mandatory vaccines are in it all, whether they will still push that for the nhs in March, or keep it in place for care homes. To be honest outside of work there is little evidence that we had any restrictions ( although I don’t really travel places and don’t go to concerts and nightclubs )
Rita
I'm in California, mask mandates to use a public restroom, anywhere you go

It's funny watching people drive down the freeway alone wearing a mask, that's how bad the propaganda has gotten here

Nice to see States like Florida, no mandates whatsoever, complete freedom, and many States are joining Governor De Santis

Last edited:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Over here the mask wearing has been optional in most places, I am really hoping they change the rules for care homes as they drive me nuts !
They are also changing all the testing, although I had covid a few weeks ago, so no testing for 90days ( it’s great )
Yes, that is crazy wearing a mask when your alone …………
Rita

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm in California, mask mandates to use a public restroom, anywhere you go

It's funny watching people drive down the freeway alone wearing a mask, that's how bad the propaganda has gotten here

Nice to see States like Florida, no mandates whatsoever, complete freedom, and many are joining Governor De Santis
Many here drive around by themselves with a mask on ! right from the start, that's 2 years ago ! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Truth7t7

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't seen all the details, but that does not sound like a clean sweep of all the COVID tyranny. Johnson should have also tendered his resignation at the same time. What about the TOTAL ABROGATION of every piece of legislation, rules, regulations, restrictions, executive orders? What about some sincere apologies and some serious compensation for those whose lives were destroyed? Since no politician can be trusted, unless they totally dump everything, they are not restoring normalcy. Let's not forget that all these leaders were total tyrants until the tide turned.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rita

Please, your logic is rubbish. Boris saw nearly a year or so ago, well before the "Partygate "scandle," that the British people did not like the regulations and so he started to dismantle the regulations because he knew then that the British people were not going to comply. At that time he clearly said that the consequences of peoples desire to be done with the pandemic regulations would be on the heads of the people and not with the Government.

You even confirmed this fact in your post by saying, "To be honest outside of work there is little evidence that we had any restrictions . . ."

The manufactured "Partygate" headline is a power grab within his own party so as to replace him as PM with someone else.

It reminds me of the song, "who wants to be a . . . , I do." where instead of "millionaire" just insert "Prime Minister." Politics is just a musical that has gone wrong and is no longer amusing.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your entitled to your opinion Jay. My assessment is based on the timing of his announcements and how his good news often comes the day after there has been revelations about partygate……
Yes, there is in fighting within the government, but the whole issue of the government ‘ enjoying themselves ‘ while the public were not able to even see loved ones at end of life or to say goodbye at funerals has impacted on the ordinary people. I have no doubts that eventually restrictions would be lifted, but it’s once again the timing of all the changes. We are still in an major outbreak and yet ‘ suddenly ‘ he is deciding to change it.
So my opinion remains the same.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your entitled to your opinion Jay. My assessment is based on the timing of his announcements and how his good news often comes the day after there has been revelations about partygate……
Yes, there is in fighting within the government, but the whole issue of the government ‘ enjoying themselves ‘ while the public were not able to even see loved ones at end of life or to say goodbye at funerals has impacted on the ordinary people. I have no doubts that eventually restrictions would be lifted, but it’s once again the timing of all the changes. We are still in an major outbreak and yet ‘ suddenly ‘ he is deciding to change it.
So my opinion remains the same.

Yes I agree that I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are.

However, because "A" and "B" have happened close together, does not mean that the associated events are related as you are attempting to suggest.

That is simply writing the history of what has happened to soooooooooooon to the unfolding events and linking things that should not be linked.

Know what I mean.

PS: - History should not be written until our emotions have dissipated so that they do not cloud our understanding of what has happened.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good point Jay, although wouldn’t you say that you must apply your statement to both of our scenarios, that history will reveal which one is correct and in all honesty it could be 50/50 as to which one of us is correct.
Yes, I guess I am more emotionally involved because I live here……..time will tell xx
Rita

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Face masks aren't about the virus. They're about control. If masks work, if the vaccine works, why do we have to stay 6 feet apart?

I'm amazed England arrived at this level of common sense. Their socialized medicine tactics are sometimes draconian. Even criminal according to moral standards and practices.

I doubt America's government will follow suit anytime soon.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problems with being the PM is that the PM cannot wag the tail of the dog without being told to do so by the other members that sit around the same table as him.

He is more bound by the solidarity rules of the Cabinet decisions than anyone else siting at the same Cabinet table as he chairs.

Poor Boris, as PM is only the mouth piece for all of the other Ministers who are the ones who actually control the Government of the day but allow Boris to announce the majority of the bad news stories so that the "mud" sticks to him and not them.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Over here the mask wearing has been optional in most places, I am really hoping they change the rules for care homes as they drive me nuts !
They are also changing all the testing, although I had covid a few weeks ago, so no testing for 90days ( it’s great )
Yes, that is crazy wearing a mask when your alone …………
Rita
They like you to be crazy. Anyone clear headed and healthy is a threat.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
New York mask mandate struck down by judge. Governor has no emergency powers to enforce a mandate
BREAKING: New York State Supreme Court Judge Rules Statewide Mask Mandate Unconstitutional (welovetrump.com)

‘Null, Void, and Unenforceable’: NY Judge Strikes Down Governor’s Mask Mandate (theepochtimes.com)
‘Null, Void, and Unenforceable’: NY Judge Strikes Down Governor’s Mask Mandate
By Jack Phillips

January 24, 2022 Updated: January 25, 2022
Print
A New York Supreme Court judge on Monday evening ruled that Gov. Kathy Hochul’s mask mandate for schools and public places is unconstitutional, declaring it “null, void, and unenforceable.”

In mid-December, the Democrat governor enacted the mandate in the midst of rising COVID-19 cases, in part, fueled by the Omicron variant.

New York Supreme Court Judge Thomas Rademaker wrote in his order (pdf) that Hochul doesn’t have the authority to impose such a mandate because the state Legislature would have to approve laws requiring masks in schools and in other public areas.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
New York mask mandate struck down by judge. Governor has no emergency powers to enforce a mandate
BREAKING: New York State Supreme Court Judge Rules Statewide Mask Mandate Unconstitutional (welovetrump.com)

‘Null, Void, and Unenforceable’: NY Judge Strikes Down Governor’s Mask Mandate (theepochtimes.com)
‘Null, Void, and Unenforceable’: NY Judge Strikes Down Governor’s Mask Mandate
By Jack Phillips

January 24, 2022 Updated: January 25, 2022
Print
A New York Supreme Court judge on Monday evening ruled that Gov. Kathy Hochul’s mask mandate for schools and public places is unconstitutional, declaring it “null, void, and unenforceable.”

In mid-December, the Democrat governor enacted the mandate in the midst of rising COVID-19 cases, in part, fueled by the Omicron variant.

New York Supreme Court Judge Thomas Rademaker wrote in his order (pdf) that Hochul doesn’t have the authority to impose such a mandate because the state Legislature would have to approve laws requiring masks in schools and in other public areas.
what's going on? ...nothing more than a testing of the waters to see where the gaps are and where insufficient laws are in place. What happens hereafter? ....new laws will be implemented to plug any gaps. What for? ....to have absolute control for what is coming down the tube.