Under sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
I just do not cherry pick Scripture because I know it is all the word of God.

H.Richard does misinterpret the word of God and I believe he in his heart he knows that as he is careful to select what writings he uses of Paul. It does not help him for me to know that.
I don't interpret the word of God like most do. I believe it says what it says.

You said "you do not cherry pick the word of God and that I do". That is being a hypocrite since you include a scripture that you think supports your INTERPRETION.

People show who there are when all they can do is to publicly criticize what others write.

You said, " It does not help him for me to know that." You are just like others on this forum and it does not matter to me that you disagree with me. There are more than you that do that.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

H. Richard said:
Your statement shows a lack of knowledge about the way words work. One always interprets words as they are symbols set to convey one or more meanings.

If you choose to follow the desire of humility you will learn from what I just said or better yet check it out with reliable sources. If instead you choose to follow the desires of arrogance then you will disregard what I just wrote or go find sources to confirm your viewpoint. In the end it is all the same to me though doing right is always something to celebrate.

Scripture provides an example of this:

Proverbs 26:4-5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly,
lest thou also be like unto him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
lest he be wise in his own conceit.

The wording of the two conflict but the spirit does not.

And come to think of it, you already know this as you told someone it is the Spirit that teaches.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H. Richard said:

You said "you do not cherry pick the word of God and that I do". That is being a hypocrite since you include a scripture that you think supports your INTERPRETION.

People show who there are when all they can do is to publicly criticize what others write.

You said, " It does not help him for me to know that." You are just like others on this forum and it does not matter to me that you disagree with me. There are more than you that do that.
You write in public so a public criticism is perhaps appropriate as is you criticism of me.

Since the heart is deceptive above all thing I may indeed be a hypocrite on the matter though my conscious is clear in its regard.

Here is one where Paul speaks to Christians of those works that will lead to destruction. It does not agree with your interpretation of his words elsewhere.

Galatians 5:19-21Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

and another one:

Ephesians 5:5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

and yet a third witness:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So the the matter is established with three witnesses; all of which are written by Paul.

On the other-hand, the passages you quote fit well in what I know and share.

Ephesians 5:5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
heretoeternity said:
Sure it is all the word of God, so why don't you read it, and quit misinterpreting it?? Worse still trying to get others to misinterpret it...
Who are you addressing?

There is context that points to me and other context that points to H.Richard. I suppose it could even be both.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to forget that in the eyes of God a person's spirit has been made righteous before God because the person has been placed in Christ.

Every child of God has two natures, a sinful one in the flesh and a righteous one in the spirit. I suggest you come to terms with this fact. It is written that flesh and blood will not enter into heaven.

If you think I am wrong then explain what Paul meant when he said the spirit and the flesh are at war with each other in Romans 7.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

I assume you addressing me. To let the person know I use the addressing mode that is standard with letters and memos though I use it in a more casual mode.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H. Richard said:
You seem to forget that in the eyes of God a person's spirit has been made righteous before God because the person has been placed in Christ.

Every child of God has two natures, a sinful one in the flesh and a righteous one in the spirit. I suggest you come to terms with this fact. It is written that flesh and blood will not enter into heaven.

If you think I am wrong then explain what Paul meant when he said the spirit and the flesh are at war with each other in Romans 7.
Your words disagree with Paul's words I quoted in #104.

Whether you like it or not he states the Christian who lives according to sin will not inherit the kingdom of heaven and he makes what he means by sin by actually writing a list of sins.

For example an alcoholic will not enter the kingdom of God even though he was well aware of addictive behavior according to Romans 1:24.

I admit It is a unpleasant truth but I cannot reject because I would wish the truth were more easy believe. In Scripture there is many unpleasant truths and many believers have abandoned the real Jesus Christ because of them and yet he continued to speak them. It is therefore wisest for us to accept and seek to understand.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
Your words disagree with Paul's words I quoted in #104.

Whether you like it or not he states the Christian who lives according to sin will not inherit the kingdom of heaven and he makes what he means by sin by actually writing a list of sins.

For example an alcoholic will not enter the kingdom of God even though he was well aware of addictive behavior according to Romans 1:24.

I admit It is a unpleasant truth but I cannot reject because I would wish the truth were more easy believe. In Scripture there is many unpleasant truths and many believers have abandoned the real Jesus Christ because of them and yet he continued to speak them. It is therefore wisest for us to accept and seek to understand.
All you are doing is placing the children of God back under the law. Why would Paul say sins condemn us when he also says we are not under the law. Those that are not in Christ are under the law and their sins condemn them.

It is such a pity that you can not see the fact that the children of God have been made children by Faith in what Jesus did on the cross. Not by what they do but belief, faith, trust in what Jesus has already done. These are those that God calls righteous because they believe in what His Son, the real Jesus, accomplished on the cross.

But like all religious people you want a salvation that you can buy for yourself.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

H. Richard said:
All you are doing is placing the children of God back under the law. Why would Paul say sins condemn us when he also says we are not under the law. Those that are not in Christ are under the law and their sins condemn them.

It is such a pity that you can not see the fact that the children of God have been made children by Faith in what Jesus did on the cross. Not by what they do but belief, faith, trust in what Jesus has already done. These are those that God calls righteous because they believe in what His Son, the real Jesus, accomplished on the cross.

But like all religious people you want a salvation that you can buy for yourself.
I am quoting Paul and he does not say that he is putting the children of God back under the Law. Instead he is literally stating Christians that engage is regular drinking binges and/or other sins will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. He not only says that but also makes the statement that it those whom walk according the Spirit that are not under the Law for there Law against the fruit of the Spirit. On the other hand there is a Law against the works of the flesh.

Galatians 5:14-18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

I realize that you find these words of Paul hard to accept but it is good for you to do so.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard,

I am quoting Paul and he does not say that he is putting the children of God back under the Law. Instead he is literally stating Christians that engage is regular drinking binges and/or other sins will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. He not only says that but also makes the statement that it those whom walk according the Spirit that are not under the Law for there Law against the fruit of the Spirit. On the other hand there is a Law against the works of the flesh.

Galatians 5:14-18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

I realize that you find these words of Paul hard to accept but it is good for you to do so.
If all of our sins have been paid for then why do you insist that sin will condemn the children of God?

Eph 1:7
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
NKJV

1 John 2:2
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
NKJV