Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You lied again...

And if you didnt post a Thread, and ask people to come there and talk about this theological "dung".

I'll post one for you, and i'll send you the link and you can go there an rant and be dishonest, as the THREAD will be related to your inner issue, and to @Rockerduck .

Np.

I'll get it done for you.
You have never explained to me what being Born Again of imperishable seed means that liveth and abideth forever..

Being Born Again of imperishable seed is not dung, it’s the word of God.

So, please show me where you answered my question....then I will profusely apologise to you?

It seems to me @Rockerduck ...that if anyone is in disagreement with @Behold theology...he gets very angry....hmmmm....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
shows me on the forum

Go here @Ritajanice

Its just for you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have never explained

Go here :

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go here :

I will delete my posts as I’ve just asked you on another thread what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Can you please prove what I say to be Calvinist...using the written word.

Here is another Thread i just posted.

Its for you. and @Rockerduck , and the others like you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I’m praying that he shows me

Here you go.

#2, just for you and @Rockerduck ., and those who believe the same false theology.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible is a book of "progressive revelation"......>Its showing what God has done, is doing ,and will do next.

So, in the "time of the gentiles", we have the "Apostles to the gentiles".... and His doctrine is "Church" or "Body of Christ" Doctrine.
This is why Peter said that Paul's LETTERS are "Scripture".

So, in Acts 15, Peter met Paul, and so did the rest of the Apostles, and at that time, Paul gave them some revelation regarding Paul's Gospel.

And that Gospel, is not "repent and be baptized", as you find in Acts 2.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

@Nancy ..so you know, I’m moving on from this thread and have asked the questions that I asked him here, on the new topic he has just started ....

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul said.."Christ sent me not to water baptize"....

What is Paul showing us?

He is literally avoiding any connection to.. John the Baptizers OT = "JEWISH repentance" that Peter was still using in Acts 2.

This is why Paul says, that His Gospel is "MY Gospel", as its not Acts 2, as Acts 2 is not Paul's.
Its Peter's message to Pentecostal Jews, right at the beginning of ACTS, when this is so very close to what Peter the JEW, knew.

He KNEW of... "repent and be baptized" as that is the OT "JEW" thing that was being transitioned out of, and into "the time of the Gentiles"..
So, Peter didnt know any of this, in Acts 2, so, he could not teach or preach, what he didnt know.
But he knew all about "repent and be baptized" as that is a JEWISH thing......= OT.

Paul is the revealer of the NEW Covenant, as the "Blood Atonement" and His Gospel is "THE CROSS" being Preached, not water or works.

"The preaching of THE CROSS, is THE POWER... OF GOD.... unto SALVATiON... for everyone who BELIEVES"..

That GOSPEL has no water in it, it only has THE CROSS as "the POWER", that is related to the PREACHING OF the Cross.

Paul goes deeper, and says this... and notice there is no water, no works, no commandment keeping...

Its just Christ and THE Cross, = Paul's Gospel.
-
=
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

New Living Translation

For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified.

English Standard Version
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Berean Standard Bible
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Berean Literal Bible
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him having been crucified.

King James Bible
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

New King James Version
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul is the ONLY "Apostle to the Gentiles".. and. the "bride of Christ", is found there....... "In the time of the Gentiles".

God is specifically dealing with the GENTILES right now.......not the Jews......So PAUL is sent for THAT PURPOSE... not the other apostles.

So, Paul is chosen, just for the "Church" "in the Time of the Gentiles"......= He is our NT Teacher. This is why He wrote most of the NT Epistles.

See, in the NT CHURCH.... Paul teaches all the Church Doctrine.

Listen, you dont learn how to choose a Pastor for your Church by reading James, John, Jude, or Peter.
Paul shows you how to do that.

Want to learn about the 9 Spiritual GIFTS? Go to PAUL as He wrote about them.......not the others.

And on, and on..........Its Paul who is the "DOCTRINE for the CHURCH"....

He is the Teacher..

The Holy Spirt is the : REVEALER.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bride of Christ started with : The Cross of Christ, as that is the Birth-day of the "time of the Gentiles".

This is a period, a season, where God stopped specifically dealing with the JEW, and the "gentiles" are now the primary focus.

This "time of the Gentiles", ends, when the Trib starts.

We, the "church" are now IN the "time of the Gentiles" and there is ONE Apostle who Jesus called to be the "Apostle to the Gentiles".

This Apostle wrote the Church Doctrine, and most of the Epistles.

This Apostle said to be a "follower of me, as i follow Christ", and we are to follow his example regarding how we serve God, how we pray, how we give, how we teach, and what we teach.

This Apostle is : Paul

Peter, said of Paul's Letters.>that they are "Scripture" and that was before a NT showed up, and that was while Peter was still alive.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to 2 Timothy 3:16-17 the words of Scripture are "God breathed" or inspired. This implies that God is the source or origin of what is recorded in Scripture. God, through the Holy Spirit, used human authors to write what He revealed in the Bible.

So if the Bible was inspired by the word of God through men, he used them as his vessel to write the Bible.

The Living word of God is not contained, His Living word is everywhere, you can’t see the Living word of God, but you should know that His Spirit is a Living Spirit, if you have been Born Again of imperishable seed.....it’s our spirit that is Born Again......that is what comes Alive in us, by the Living seed of God?

Do you believe the written word of God, note I say written, who was written by men, inspired my The Living Spirit Of God?
That can make your spirit come alive?
...one could become “ Born Again “ while reading the written word, ...but, it wouldn’t be the written word that would make their spirit Born Again, it would be the Living Spirit Of God.....when, Spirit gives birth to spirit?

We know flesh gives birth to flesh..do we not,

So, How would anyone know Spirit gives birth to spirit....?

Do you believe a new babe would know what the carnal mind is?

How would you know what carnal mind means?

What does the written word of God say about the carnal mind.

King James Bible
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
I still don't know if your answer is yes or no.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't know if your answer is yes or no.
I don’t believe a Born Again is carnal...they have to start dealing with their old mindset...even then God has to bring us to that understanding of the old mindset, does that help?

The carnal mind is enmity to God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. absolutely.

Why?

Because its the SPIRIT, that is born again, not the body or the mind.

The Born again = CHRISTian has to renew their mind, so that "all come into the right mind", as "as many as be perfect".

"be perfect" is to have the mind that is renewed.. = Full revelation of what it means to have become 'In Christ" as 'THE righteousness of God in Christ".

When the Christian's mind is not renewed, they dont understand their Salvation, and they are stuck in Hebrews 6:1. and also here...."that which i hate i do and that which i want to do i can't".

This is the..>"well, i have to confess again, then i sin again, then repeat"... Carnal believer.

See that? That is not real Christianity...but it is the Christianity of the believer who has no understanding of The Cross, or the Blood Atonement's purpose.

So, THAT one, has not become....>"As many as BE Perfect", and that is regarding "the knowledge of God", and has nothing to do with some type of attempting to become by self effort some idea the person has of trying to be like Jesus.

Paul refers to these as "In the Flesh"....(Galatians).
I think of the carnal Christian with a carnal mind saying..." 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, said of Paul's Letters.>that they are "Scripture" and that was before a NT showed up, and that was while Peter was still alive.
Wow. I don't know of any serious scholars who think the apostle Peter wrote 2 Peter. Do you?