Understanding and Believing the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you have NOT gotten the gist of Ephesians 1:4-6, because you must first define the word "us" and I promise you it doesn't say "all of humanity." If it did then rightly so there will no one be put in hell, yet the Bible declares that hell will heavily be populated!!

Likewise, you must qualify the word "whosoever" in John 3:16!! These are they whose sins that Jesus paid for in Matthew 1:21

John 3:16 is the most quoted verse in the world yet also the most misunderstood!!

Man's audacity is that they want to have a part in their salvation which is God's alone.

To God Be The Glory
Man is created to receive. We receive what God provides. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. If you don't receive it, it is not yours.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is created to receive. We receive what God provides. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. If you don't receive it, it is not yours.
Any time a person brings up the same Scripture, in this case, Hebrews 2.9. but does not look anywhere else in the Bible, don't we call that "cherry-picking?"

What about Matthew 1:21. Is that Scripture also? Which reads:
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

There seems to be a contradiction here, in which we know there is none. Did God make a mistake or did He lie to us??

The Bible does not speak of universalism saving!!

To God Be The Glory

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any time a person brings up the same Scripture, in this case, Hebrews 2.9. but does not look anywhere else in the Bible, don't we call that "cherry-picking?"

What about Matthew 1:21. Is that Scripture also? Which reads:
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

There seems to be a contradiction here, in which we know there is none. Did God make a mistake or did He lie to us??

The Bible does not speak of universalism saving!!

To God Be The Glory
God's people are those that have accepted his Son Jesus Christ as their savior.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's people are those that have accepted his Son Jesus Christ as their savior.
I beg to differ. Man is spiritually dead and therefore has no power to choose for Christ.

Man in his audacity would like to have a part in his salvation. Consider what Scripture declares.

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."
(John 15:16).

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44).

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (Romans 3:10-12)

"The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Ritajanice

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ. Man is spiritually dead and therefore has no power to choose for Christ.

Man in his audacity would like to have a part in his salvation. Consider what Scripture declares.

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."
(John 15:16).

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44).

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (Romans 3:10-12)

"The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

To God Be The Glory
8,000 Jews heard Peter's Gospel on the day of Pentecost and were born again, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

There is no scripture that says God predestinates people to heaven or hell. You have been deceived by the devil.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8​

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstbornamong many brethren.

God predestined those he knew before the foundation of the earth...to be conformed to the image of his Son, as his Living word says.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are inChrist Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made mefree from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, andfor sin,[a] condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnallyRomans 8 KJV - "There is therefore now no condemnation to them whi..." minded is death; but to be spirituallyminded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal[c] mind is enmity against God: for it is notsubject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot* please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; butthe Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwellin you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quickenyour mortal bodies by[d] his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore*, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to liveafter the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sonsof God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God*, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be alsoglorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are notworthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed inus.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, butby reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope:for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patiencewait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we knownot what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itselfmaketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because[e] he maketh intercession for the saintsaccording to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstbornamong many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: andwhom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, whocan be against us?
32 He that* spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for usall, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is Godthat justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather*, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who alsomaketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, orperil, or sword?
36 As it is written*, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors throughhim that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels,nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus ourLord.

Reactions: JunChosen

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8​

God predestined those he knew before the foundation of the earth...to be conformed to the image of his Son, as his Living word says.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are inChrist Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made mefree from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, andfor sin,[a] condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnallyRomans 8 KJV - "There is therefore now no condemnation to them whi..." minded is death; but to be spirituallyminded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal[c] mind is enmity against God: for it is notsubject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot* please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; butthe Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwellin you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quickenyour mortal bodies by[d] his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore*, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to liveafter the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sonsof God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God*, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be alsoglorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are notworthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed inus.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, butby reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope:for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patiencewait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we knownot what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itselfmaketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because[e] he maketh intercession for the saintsaccording to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: andwhom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, whocan be against us?
32 He that* spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for usall, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is Godthat justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather*, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who alsomaketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, orperil, or sword?
36 As it is written*, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors throughhim that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels,nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus ourLord.
You didn't say anything about the 8,000 Jews that believed in Jesus on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

The word "Predestinate" only appears in the Bible four times. None of the four times is it related to someone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

All of the scripture that you listed is also for me who is not a Calvinist.

The elect are those that have elected to believe in Jesus.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You didn't say anything about the 8,000 Jews that believed in Jesus on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

The word "Predestinate" only appears in the Bible four times. None of the four times is it related to someone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

All of the scripture that you listed is also for me who is not a Calvinist.

The elect are those that God predestined to become Born Again..you do NOT choose to become Born of the Spirit....this day and age we must be Born Again...I’m not talking 2,000 yrs ago.....were under the New Testament, the new covenant..

The gospel is all about Jesus, that is the good news we need to hear?

I know all about Jesus growing up....without the name of Jesus, there is no rebirth/ regenerated/ Born Again...belief is not enough, we must be Born Of The Spirit...do you understand that Gods word is Alive and Active?

Belief is not being Born of the Spirit....we must be Born Again, our spirit needs to be Born Again.

God brings us to Jesus and to believe in his name..then if predestined we will become Born of the Spirit.

Much more thanbelieving in Jesus...and God says we must be Born Again .

Do you deny the drawing by God to Jesus ?...do you deny that God brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow?
Do you deny that our sins must be forgiven by God, before we can become Born Again?

The name of Jesus, his death and resurrection saves...the above must happen first, if you don’t believe that then you teach a false gospel.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The elect are those who God chose and predestined them to be made into the image of Jesus..

You do not choose to become Born Again..that is a supernatural act of God....Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The elect are those who God chose and predestined them to be made into the image of Jesus..

You do not choose to become Born Again..that is a supernatural act of God....Spirit gives birth to spirit?
You have no scripture that says certain people are God's elect, nor do you have any scripture that says God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. You can only become born again by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2. Why do you want to believe the lies of the demon John Calvin?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have no scripture that says certain people are God's elect, nor do you have any scripture that says God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. You can only become born again by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2. Why do you want to believe the lies of the demon John Calvin?
Yes I gave you scripture,only you refute , scroll back , cause ain’t wasting my time posting it again.

Do you deny the drawing by God to Jesus ?...do you deny that God brings us to repentance/ Godly sorrow?
Do you deny that our sins must be forgiven by God, before we can become Born Again?

The name of Jesus, his death and resurrection saves...the above must happen first, if you don’t believe that then you teach a false gospel.

You are a false teacher and I rebuke your teachings and you know why..read the above again and let the word of God penetrate deep into your heart.

No forgiveness of your sins by God...no Born Again I’m afraid...you can’t get into heaven without repenting/ Godly sorrow and believing in the name of Jesus.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The elect are those that God predestined to become Born Again..you do NOT choose to become Born of the Spirit....this day and age we must be Born Again...I’m not talking 2,000 yrs ago.....were under the New Testament, the new covenant..

The gospel is all about Jesus, that is the good news we need to hear?

I know all about Jesus growing up....without the name of Jesus, there is no rebirth/ regenerated/ Born Again...belief is not enough, we must be Born Of The Spirit...do you understand that Gods word is Alive and Active?

Belief is not being Born of the Spirit....we must be Born Again, our spirit needs to be Born Again.

God brings us to Jesus and to believe in his name..then if predestined we will become Born of the Spirit.

Much more thanbelieving in Jesus...and God says we must be Born Again .

Still nothing about the 8,000 that were saved by hearing and believing Peter's Gospel. "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Still nothing about the 8,000 that were saved by hearing and believing Peter's Gospel. "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.
False teachings...you must be drawn to Jesus, God must bring you to repentance/ Godly sorrow/ then God brings us to believe in Jesus, then and only then ,the chosen/ predestined will become Born Again.

No forgiveness of sin by God, you will never see the Kingdom of God.

Your sins must be forgiven by God.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I gave you scripture,only you refute , scroll back , cause ain’t wasting my time posting it again.

You are a false teacher and I rebuke your teachings and you know why..read the above again and let the word of God penetrate deep into your heart.
The 8,000 Jews that were saved on the day of Pentecost were saved because they heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Being drawn to Jesus is a work of the Holy Spirit who is in the world calling everyone to come to Christ, But not all want to be with Christ. Why do you want to believe the lies of the demon John Calvin? There is no scripture that says God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. If there was, how can you trust in an unrighteous God that damns people to hell for no reason.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The 8,000 Jews that were saved on the day of Pentecost were saved because they heard and believed Peter's Gospel, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Being drawn to Jesus is a work of the Holy Spirit who is in the world calling everyone to come to Christ, But not all want to be with Christ. Why do you want to believe the lies of the demon John Calvin? There is no scripture that says God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. If there was, how can you trust in an unrighteous God that damns people to hell for no reason.
As I said..you teach falsely...God says we must repent of our sins, God brings us to repentance and Godly sorrow, why don’t you believe that?

It’s the word of God?

James 2:14 begins a discussion of faith without works and includes a vivid point by James that even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19). The “faith” of demons is useless, even though they tremble at what they know to be true. People who say they “believe” in God while showing no evidence of faith have a level of “belief” similar to that of demons.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said..you teach falsely...God says we must repent of our sins, God brings us to repentance and Godly sorrow, why don’t you believe that?

It’s the word of God?
You are in error.

The thief on the cross did not repent. He was saved by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. The 8,000 that were saved on the day of Pentecost were saved because they heard and believed Peter's Gospel. "So then faith comes by hearing and by the word of God (which is the Gospel), Romans 10:17. Why do you want to believe the lies of a demon?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are in error.

The thief on the cross did not repent. He was saved by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. The 8,000 that were saved on the day of Pentecost were saved because they heard and believed Peter's Gospel. "So then faith comes by hearing and by the word of God (which is the Gospel), Romans 10:17. Why do you want to believe the lies of a demon?
You are the one in error as I’ve pointed out.

And Jesus did not say he will draw the whole world to himself..those are your words of error.

He said he will draw “ all” people, that does not mean the whole world.

Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit..all biblical.

You deny that God brings us to repentance...that’s on you...you deny his Living word.

Romans 2:4 NKJV​

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

John 12:32
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

New Living Translation
And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.”

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw everyone to Myself.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one in error as I’ve pointed out.

And Jesus did not say he will draw the whole world to himself..those are your words of error.

He said he will draw “ all” people, that does not mean the whole world.

Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit..all biblical.

You deny that God brings us to repentance...that’s on you...you deny his Living word.

Romans 2:4 NKJV​

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

John 12:32
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version

New Living Translation
And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.”

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw everyone to Myself.
Wake up! you are in a demonic Calvinist stupor.

Jesus is the savior of the whole world, John 3:16-17. All sin has been atoned for. This is why salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice