Understanding and Believing the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can understand and believe the Gospel without the Holy Spirit. This can cause a problem on Christian Forums. The reason is that not everyone on the Forum is a born-again believer. If you have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13, then chances are that you are a lost unbeliever. A Christian is one that is totally and completely dependent upon the saving work of Jesus Christ for their salvation. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that meet this criteria. Paul said, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (what you do) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

In the Gospel Jesus justifies lost sinners, Romans 3:26 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. We did not participate in this. The Gospel is a past historical event. It took place over 2,000 years ago before we were born. Because Jesus did it all and he did it perfectly, we are saved and justified by faith alone, it is by faith alone because it is by Christ alone. The reason that it is by faith alone is because God does not accept the works and the obedience of sinners, which we are all one of. If God accepted us that would make him a sinner also. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him and because of him.

Most religious people are offended by the Gospel because it is not about them, it is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to provide salvation for fallen man, Hebrews 2:9. Jesus is the savior, we are the lost sinners. Jesus saves us by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfills the law, Romans 10:4. Jesus in our name and on our behalf, atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. The question is can you believe and trust in what Jesus has done for you? If you can, then you are saved. If you can't believe, then you are lost.

Those that cannot believe the Gospel usually turn to religion. Religion is man's effort to save himself by what he is or by what he has become. Those that are trying to be saved by their works and their obedience will be disappointed in the judgment. God only accepts the righteousness of Christ, if we are not in him, we will perish. This is why it is important to believe the Gospel and receive the Holy Spirit. In the judgment God will recognize his Spirit and will allow you into heaven. No one will enter into heaven on their own works or their own righteousness.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can understand and believe the Gospel without the Holy Spirit. This can cause a problem on Christian Forums. The reason is that not everyone on the Forum is a born-again believer.
Well certainly that is true not just on Christian forums but anywhere. The Spirit of God approaches the consciences of all men, convicting them to believe God and to do what is right. If people hear the voice of the Holy Spirit, and turn away from it, they will not be able to understand God. To know Him or to know about Him one must embrace knowledge about God from Him.

But it is not enough to simply know about God or even to believe in Him. As you said, people must embrace his Son and what he represents. He is Lord, and we are his subjects. We must embrace Jesus as our Lord and choose the Lord as our God. This means that we embrace Him as the source of all of our righteousness, when we submit to His word as it was revealed in Jesus.

If Jesus is the only true source of our righteousness then Salvation cannot come from elsewhere than from him. Only he was raised from the dead and able to count that as available to us when we embrace him as our Lord and God. Men die due to their sin natures. Jesus died without a sin nature, but only to give us through himself a path to resurrection and eternal life.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well certainly that is true not just on Christian forums but anywhere. The Spirit of God approaches the consciences of all men, convicting them to believe God and to do what is right. If people hear the voice of the Holy Spirit, and turn away from it, they will not be able to understand God. To know Him or to know about Him one must embrace knowledge about God from Him.

But it is not enough to simply know about God or even to believe in Him. As you said, people must embrace his Son and what he represents. He is Lord, and we are his subjects. We must embrace Jesus as our Lord and choose the Lord as our God. This means that we embrace Him as the source of all of our righteousness, when we submit to His word as it was revealed in Jesus.

If Jesus is the only true source of our righteousness then Salvation cannot come from elsewhere than from him. Only he was raised from the dead and able to count that as available to us when we embrace him as our Lord and God. Men die due to their sin natures. Jesus died without a sin nature, but only to give us through himself a path to resurrection and eternal life.
Thank you for your reply Randy. We are of like faith.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Gospel Jesus justifies lost sinners, Romans 3:26 and reconciles them unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.
Can you quote me anything from the gospels on this? You mention Jesus Christ often yet not one gospel scripture in all your text. Do you believe Jesus Christ is Our Father Almighty God that came in the flesh? Just curious.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you quote me anything from the gospels on this? You mention Jesus Christ often yet not one gospel scripture in all your text. Do you believe Jesus Christ is Our Father Almighty God that came in the flesh? Just curious.
The "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" is not in Matthew, Mark Luke or John. Jesus said, "He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18. Paul's Gospel is found in his epistles, mostly Romans Chapters 3 through 7. Yes, I believe that Jesus is the physical manifestation of God. Jesus left the preaching of the Gospel to the apostles. Jesus was a teacher of the Mosiac law. The law judges and condemns.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" is not in Matthew, Mark Luke or John. Jesus said, "He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18. Paul's Gospel is found in his epistles, mostly Romans Chapters 3 through 7. Yes, I believe that Jesus is the physical manifestation of God. Jesus left the preaching of the Gospel to the apostles. Jesus was a teacher of the Mosiac law. The law judges and condemns.
My Bible labels the 4 books as Gospels the rest is history of the church. Romans was not written by Paul. Romans 16:22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.
May I ask what denomination were you in?
So what to you did Jesus preach?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Bible labels the 4 books as Gospels the rest is history of the church. Romans was not written by Paul. Romans 16:22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.
May I ask what denomination were you in?
So what to you did Jesus preach?
Paul's epistles were authored by Paul. I came out of the Baptist church. Jesus was a teacher of the Mosiac law. Jesus elevated the law and spiritualized it. After having done that, he fulfilled it and abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.My Bible labels the 4 books as Gospels the rest is history of the church. Romans was not written by Paul. Romans 16:22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.
Wasn't this explained to you earlier? Paul used a scribe, as was common. You either believe the Scriptures or you don't.

Rom 1.1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus...7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't this explained to you earlier? Paul used a scribe, as was common. You either believe the Scriptures or you don't.

Rom 1.1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus...7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people.
They hate Paul and are always trying to shoot him down. Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11-12. If you hate Paul, then you will probably hate Jesus Christ because he is the one that sent him.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes I know do you believe God? Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
I believe God so I am a Berian to anything written by scribes I guess.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know do you believe God? Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
I believe God so I am a Berian to anything written by scribes I guess.
Yea, the Scribes of the Law would be different from the kind of scribe used to write letters in a more polished form. I can't imagine why you fail to understand this unless you are simply searching for reasons to "upset the apple cart?"

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, the Scribes of the Law would be different from the kind of scribe used to write letters in a more polished form. I can't imagine why you fail to understand this unless you are simply searching for reasons to "upset the apple cart?"
I like and am a seeker of truth Randy I try to stick with Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
"out of the mouth of God" upsets apple carts, Paul is a man to me not Almighty God.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like and am a seeker of truth Randy I try to stick with Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
"out of the mouth of God" upsets apple carts, Paul is a man to me not Almighty God.
I wouldn't be concerned about believing in God's word too much. Nor am I concerned with you thinking critically. But I do understand how you may have confused the Scribes of the Law with personal scribes. Paul's scribe was likely not a Scribe of the Law, but rather, most likely a fellow Christian with Paul.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't be concerned about believing in God's word too much. Nor am I concerned with you thinking critically. But I do understand how you may have confused the Scribes of the Law with personal scribes. Paul's scribe was likely not a Scribe of the Law, but rather, most likely a fellow Christian with Paul.
I think Moses wrote the Law.... not scribes.. if you have scripture stating that would love to see it. Moses was a king and priest. Scribes to me transcribed making copies.. each prophet to me wrote their own books...educated men.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Moses wrote the Law.... not scribes.. if you have scripture stating that would love to see it. Moses was a king and priest. Scribes to me transcribed making copies.. each prophet to me wrote their own books...educated men.
I don't know who used scribes unless it is stated. The idea of using a scribe is clearly biblical, since it is indicated Paul used one.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can understand and believe the Gospel without the Holy Spirit. This can cause a problem on Christian Forums. The reason is that not everyone on the Forum is a born-again believer. If you have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13, then chances are that you are a lost unbeliever. A Christian is one that is totally and completely dependent upon the saving work of Jesus Christ for their salvation. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that meet this criteria. Paul said, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (what you do) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.
Is hearing and believing something that we do?