• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world is I think a misreading of this text.
Whether that's what Revelation 13:8 is referring to or not, I do not know. But it can because of a similar text, 1 Peter 1:20.

Are you asking do I mean a bound book with parchment paper pages, leather cover, the most weighty of tomes? That I don't know.
Lol, I'm not sure either.
I just think it's final content is known beforehand even while it is being written/ edited in real time.

But I accept that God had of some sort a record of whom He would create, each member of humanity that would be contained in that one man Adam. That this record is called the book of life. And that the soul that sins, God will blot from His book.

Those at that time whose names will have been blotted out will worship the beast.

Much love!
Which brings us back to the point. Philippians 4:3 implies that not every single person who is born appears in the book of life as I think Behold was putting forth. That makes Philippians 4:3 rather meaningless if everyone alive, saved and unsaved alike, are in the book of life and those who get removed don't get removed until after they die.