Understanding Who and What is the Babylon of Revelation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I understand the hidden acrostic comes from antiquity. Are you suggesting that Sheshach meaning Babel was only revealed after the cross, and this is why the name Mystery Babylon is used in Revelation 17:5? If so can you provide the source you’re using that shows when this cypherform was first discovered?
No, my friend. Thiers also hidden acrostic in psalm chapter 37. What happens to the wicked on judgement day. God hides certain things, so the false preachers can't distort it or understand.

In Matthew chapter 13 . Jesus tells His disciples that mystery of God is for them to understand. But Jesus spoke in parables to the majority of people. Because it' fulfilled Isaiah 6. Once again, some people have spirit of stupor. The truth is hidden from some people.

False preachers will never understand the acrostic. Jesus has reasons why some people can't understand mystery of God or fake shepherds don't know about the hidden acrostic in some parts of the bible.
Gods Elect have holy spirit. They are the saints. There the set aside ones.

Colossians chapter 1:26. The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
The saints are God's Elect. Again, they have holy spirit.

Job 12:22. He reveals mysteries from darkness and brings the deep darkness to light. Those who have spirit of slumber won't understand.

Colossians chapter 2:2 . That their hearts might be comforted , being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding to the acknowledgment of the Mystery of God, and the Father, and of Christ.

2:3 . In whom are Hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

The holy spirit is needed to understand mystery of God. Those who have spirit of stupor are not going to understand. Jesus has the millennium so the spirtualty dead will be taught during millennium. Documentation, revelation chapter 20.

Corinthians chapter 2:7 . But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.
2:10 . But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit search all things, yea, the deep things of God.
Bottom line is. You need holy spirit. It's established that the saints are God's Elect. God judged the election in first earth age, documentation, ephesians chapter 1, romans chapter 8.

2:10 . Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirt which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.
The holy spirit is Gift. Those who have holy spirit are very fortunate. Get the picture.

1) Gods Elect have holy spirit. The saints.
2) many people have spirit of stupor. Some people will have to wait until millennium is over to have access to Jesus.
Psalm chapter 49:19 .He shall go to the generation of his fathers, they shall never see the light.

Take care.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, my friend. Thiers also hidden acrostic in psalm chapter 37. What happens to the wicked on judgement day. God hides certain things, so the false preachers can't distort it or understand.

In Matthew chapter 13 . Jesus tells His disciples that mystery of God is for them to understand. But Jesus spoke in parables to the majority of people. Because it' fulfilled Isaiah 6. Once again, some people have spirit of stupor. The truth is hidden from some people.

False preachers will never understand the acrostic. Jesus has reasons why some people can't understand mystery of God or fake shepherds don't know about the hidden acrostic in some parts of the bible.
Gods Elect have holy spirit. They are the saints. There the set aside ones.
I’m not sure I’m following you here, currently false preachers and unbelievers can understand any hidden acrostic by simply doing a search on the internet. Almost all known views can be seen somewhere on the internet and certainly all views expressed on forums such as this one can be read by anyone who chooses to do so.

I can understand Hinduism and I can read all the different views and understand how people interpret things but as a Christian I can’t believe Hinduism.

Are you saying the word “mystery” means something that can only be believed by a saved person or someone who has the Spirit? If so then the word “mystery” would apply to the entire Bible and be true through out all of history.

Or are you saying the word “mystery” means something unbelievers don’t have a desire to know? Kind of like saying how pop corn pops is a mystery. We can all look on the internet and get a detailed explanation but most people don’t care.

Colossians chapter 1:26. The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
The saints are God's Elect. Again, they have holy spirit.
This is showing what most people I know consider the word “mystery” to mean, it’s something that was hidden from believers in the past but is now revealed to believers.

Meaning even people who were believers during the old covenant couldn’t understand it, it was a mystery. In the new covenant the mystery is revealed to believers and they are not to keep it hidden but proclaim it in all the world.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rome is the 4th Kingdom that existed as an empire up until 476 AD in the West.
Europe was Rome. We just have a different view of things.
Which is it? Is Asia Rome?

You claim Rome still had authority in the east. That would have been:

"Due to the imperial seat's move from Rome to Byzantium, the adoption of state Christianity, and the predominance of Greek instead of Latin, modern historians continue to make a distinction between the earlier "Roman Empire" and the later "Byzantine Empire"." wiki

The west was the Holy Roman Empire. Do you think God was at work showing that Rome would split into 2 legs and ten toes? But those 10 toes still represent a seperate 5th Kingdom from Rome. Unless you accept Rome started to use Greek and stopped using Latin. Latin split into several different dialects in the west.

All I am saying is that 5 heads or empires have fallen, and the 6th kingdom started at the Reformation but was not any one single world wide government.

The ten horns in Revelation are not the ten toes nor ten horns in Daniel. These future horns will not even step up until after the baptism of fire at the Second Coming, the 6th Seal of Revelation 6. The 6th Kingdom will be miraculously restored by Satan after the Second Coming during the GT, final harvest. At least until the first 6 Trumpets and 7 Thunders are finished. The final harvest is over at the 7th Trumpet.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure I’m following you here, currently false preachers and unbelievers can understand any hidden acrostic by simply doing a search on the internet. Almost all known views can be seen somewhere on the internet and certainly all views expressed on forums such as this one can be read by anyone who chooses to do so.

I can understand Hinduism and I can read all the different views and understand how people interpret things but as a Christian I can’t believe Hinduism.

Are you saying the word “mystery” means something that can only be believed by a saved person or someone who has the Spirit? If so then the word “mystery” would apply to the entire Bible and be true through out all of history.

Or are you saying the word “mystery” means something unbelievers don’t have a desire to know? Kind of like saying how pop corn pops is a mystery. We can all look on the internet and get a detailed explanation but most people don’t care.

This is showing what most people I know consider the word “mystery” to mean, it’s something that was hidden from believers in the past but is now revealed to believers.

Meaning even people who were believers during the old covenant couldn’t understand it, it was a mystery. In the new covenant the mystery is revealed to believers and they are not to keep it hidden but proclaim it in all the world.
My last reply. No the fake shepherds can't understand the acrostic. Do you think they understand the song of Solomon??
There's hidden acrostic in there.

Do the fake shepherds understand who Kenites are??
Of course not.
Read Isaiah chapter 29 . The false preachers have spiri of stupor. They can't understand. They don't have holy spirit.

The fake shepherds can't understand revelation. The seals are out of chronological order.
The trumps are in order.

YOU NEED HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU AND UNDERSTAND.

I documented this in prior reply.

Ask fake shepherds what seal and trump we're in ???

Ask fake preachers who kenites are ???

God placed strong delusions on them, 2 thessalonians chapter 2 and read Isaiah chapter 29 .

Colossians chapter 1 and Matthew chapter 13 are the connection.

The knowledge and wisdom is hidden from the foundation of the world. Some people can't understand. Again, God put spirit of stupor on some people.

Ephesians chapter 1 . The saints were chosen before foundation of the world, predestined. The election we're judged in first earth age.
Romans chapter 8
Ephesians chapter 1
1 Peter chapter 1
Romans chapter 11
Ephesians chapter 2

Back to the acrostic of psalm chapter 37.
The wicked are going into lake of fire with satan. This includes fake shepherds. The fake shepherds are too ignorant to know this. The fake shepherds are too ignorant to teach old testament or seals of revelation or who kenites are ???

The fake shepherds are spirtual murderers. Teaching traditions of men and false doctrine. No, the fake shepherds don't understand the acrostic.

Satan has the fake shepherds serving him. They don't have holy spirit. The fake shepherds are on path of destruction.

I can't keep going over this. I did my job explaining this, and I documented it.

I'm moving on to other subjects.
Take care my friend.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: strepho

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asked by fellow member to teach on the kenites. My fellow brethren gave me the green light.

Genesis chapter 2:17. God told Adam to stay away from tree of knowledge of good and evil. Estah in Hebrew means = tree, backbone. Were talking about spine, nervous system. These are angelic beings. Man is created in the image of God and angels. Get the picture.

Genesis 3:1.
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman. Yea, hath God said, Ye, shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
NACHASH in Hebrew means = a shining one.
ANTIDKOS in Greek means = adversary.
CHIYDAH in Hebrew means = Trick, dark saying.
BELIAL in Greek means = Satan.
SHALAH in Hebrew means = deceive, mislead.
AKZAB in Hebrew means = liar, lie.
ESTAH in Hebrew means = tree, backbone.

2 Corinthians chapter 11:3 . But I fear, lest by any means as the serpent beguiled eve through his subtility, so your mind should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
EXAPATAO in Greek means = beguiled, deceived.
PHTEIRO in Greek means = corrupted.
The serpent is man. This is satan. Hes talking to Eve from genesis chapter 3. Satan twisted God's command around to make it lie. Satan is the father liars.

2 Corinthians chapter 11:14 . And no marvel, for satan himself is transformed into a angel of light.
Satan is a trickster and deception.

Genesis chapter 3:3 . But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall Ye touch it, lest Ye die.
NAGA in Hebrew means = beguiled, holy seduced.
Satan has sexual intercourse with eve. The word touch completes beguiled. Get the picture.

3:6. Both Adam and satan had sexual relations with eve.
3:7. Adam and eve put fig leaves around thier private parts. We understand this. There is no apple orchard in garden of eden.

3:8 Adam and eve hiding from God.
Verses 9 to 12 is about Adam and eve shifting blame. Instead of taking responsibility for their disobedience. They make excuses. It's the blame game.
3:13 . And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Again. Satan had sexual relations with eve first. Then Adam had sexual intercourse with eve.
4:1. And adam knew his eve his wife; and she conceived , and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
4:2. And she again bare his brother abel.
Eve had twins. Two different fathers.
Cain is seed of the satan.
Abel is seed of Adam.
There disobedience to God, cost them the garden of eden. God sent them away.
4:17.
And Cain knew his wife; the descendants of Cain are the Kenites. These are the seed of the satan. Rest of the chapter is Cain geanology.
Chapter 5 is Adam geanology.

Yes the kenites made it through Noah's flood.

Numbers 24:21. And he looked on the kenites, and took up his parable, and said, strong is thy dwelling place, and thou puts nest in rock.

1 samuel 15:6. And saul said to the Kenites, go away take yourselves out from the Amalekites, or destruction will over take you with them.

1 chronicles 2:55. These are the kenites, the offspring of Hemath, the father of the family of Rechab.
I documented this, the kenites are had seed from generation to generation. Of course our generation.

Isaiah 23:1. The burden of Tyre, Howl, ye ships of Tarnish;
These are the kenites. They operate in commerce and trade and banking.
1 to 15 is Tarnish dealings with other countries. It's all about money. Kenites are use deception and dishonesty to gain thier wealth.

Revelation chapter 18 is cross reference. The merchant's are kenites. There in operation today. When satan comes in his role as antichrist near future, the kenites will be busy in trade and commerce and banking. Usery today puts people in Bondage. Kenites are behind this.
Satan as fake messiah will lead one world religious system near future. It's 5 months period.

THUWAH in Hebrew means = Revenue.
PSEUDO OCHRISTOS in Greek means = false christ.
DELEAZO in Greek means = entrap, beguile.
Chole in Greek means = poison.

John chapter 8:44. Jesus exposes the fake religious leaders. These are kenites who infiltrated the priesthood.

You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do.

Who was the murderer from the beginning??

Cain killed his brother abel. Documentation, genesis chapter 4 .

The kenites are offspring of Cain, seed of the satan.

Do you see why one world political system is coming. Revelation chapter 13 .

Kenites are preparing way for their father, satan, near future.

I documented this. I gave it in Hebrew and Greek language.

True shepherds will never sugar coat Gods word. You always tell the truth.

Peace.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has sexual intercourse with eve. The word touch completes beguiled. Get the picture.
No I don’t don’t get the picture, if this was true it would show up in DNA testing. The same issue occurs for people claiming aliens from outer space have had sexual relations, DNA tests show only one origin not two or more.

I don’t know where you’re coming up with these ideas but you need to take a careful look at what you’re saying, it doesn’t make logical sense and it’s not based on facts.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don’t don’t get the picture, if this was true it would show up in DNA testing. The same issue occurs for people claiming aliens from outer space have had sexual relations, DNA tests show only one origin not two or more.

I don’t know where you’re coming up with these ideas but you need to take a careful look at what you’re saying, it doesn’t make logical sense and it’s not based on facts.
Friend. Its obvious you don't believe in the bible. I documented it, and went to the Hebrew language.

Its apparent your not student of the bible.

False brethren teach apple is what caused sin in garden of eden. It's false doctrine and fairytales.

I'm not to waste any more time on this thread.

Take care.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend. Its obvious you don't believe in the bible. I documented it, and went to the Hebrew language.

Its apparent your not student of the bible.

False brethren teach apple is what caused sin in garden of eden. It's false doctrine and fairytales.

I'm not to waste any more time on this thread.

Take care.
Revelation 20:8 says the nations are in the four corners of the earth. I just proved the earth is flat, and if you don’t believe the earth is flat then it’s obvious you don't believe in the Bible.

This is the same kind of logic you are using which is not based on reality or the physical world we live in.

Take care, I’m praying for you.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT Revelation 17:5: By D. W. "Red" Baker; Introduction to this mystery called: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT CITY

As many have taken in hand to set forth what they believe the scriptures teach on the subject of, MYSTERY BABYLON; it seemed good to us, having understanding of what Mystery Babylon is, to put it together on paper, for the understanding, comfort and protection of the saints.

We know there are sundry and divers interpretations on this subject. Only one can be right. I know that even the correct "overall" view of this subject "will still need" help to make it perfect. I am convinced that no man can give a perfect understanding of this subject without some things within his writings that could have been added or left off, or both, so that it would be free of error. We all live in a body of sin and death, and this is one of the perils of this state in which we live. Nevertheless, we are trusting our God, to enable us to be as close as we can to His truth, without misleading any of His elect away from truth and into error. We fear of perverting God's word, but that fear must not stop us from doing anything for the kingdom of God's sake. Matthew 25:24-30.

We ONLY want to build upon the foundation laid by our Lord and his apostles; gold, silver, precious stone; NOT, wood, hay and stubble. Our prayer would be: That we would teach the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God has ordained before the world unto our glory. It is His hidden wisdom. May He be pleased to open this holy wisdom for us to see and behold and to glory in, to prepare our souls for what is ahead for God's saints and this world.

As one reads the many positions on Mystery Babylon, one can see why so many are confused. We will not waste any time of our readers on the many different beliefs. We have one main agenda, and that is: that we may give understanding to God's elect. We do not care for any others. Those who teach the scripture should only be concerned with feeding the sheep of the Lord Jesus Christ. Our Lord did not waste his time "laboring to feed the goats!" God ALONE regenerates his elect by His Spirit. A teacher of the truth can do no more then to impart knowledge to those who can see and hear. Without spiritual life, one cannot see or hear. The gospel can only bring to light, life, it does NOT bring life. 2nd Timothy 1:10. The gospel can ONLY manifest where there is spiritual life; it has never brought life to a sinner dead in trespasses and sins. But it will manifest the evidence where the wind of God's Spirit has been. It will also manifest where it has not been. I trust one understands what I mean by that statement. Of course, the Holy Ghost is everywhere, but He does not work in all hearts the same; many He leaves to their own sinful desires, their vain imaginations, and to their foolish darkened hearts. I know well, and these very folk just named, He works through them for the good of His own good pleasure, for whatever pleasure He so desires to accomplish, that doeth he with all men, vessels of mercy and vessels of wrath.

The word Babylon is in our Bibles many times, but the number is not important, knowing how many times it is there, does not shed any light on why it is there and what it means. We want to know: What does MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT mean according to God's definition? God's word is its OWN dictionary. We MUST stay in the word of God and allow the scriptures to define its own use of words and they will. The Bible WILL interpret its own scriptures by carefully comparing them with each other and allowing them to FIT TOGETHER with each other.

One has well said, the Bible is a "spiritual puzzle”. The spiritual workman must labor to make the scriptures interpret each other, so one can see the truth on the subject he/she is studying.

Many are like one of my grandsons. The young lad was putting a puzzle together that I had gotten for him. He was doing fine, until he came across one that he could not make fit where he wanted to put it; so he stood upon his feet and lifted up his leg into the air, and came down with all of his might, and slammed the piece into the place his little mind thought it went. I said, Luke, that is not the way you do a puzzle. But many do the scriptures the same way. If it does not fit, they still force verses into their doctrine that does not fit and will never fit. A trained spiritual eye can see it so easily. For a man to have a truth on any given doctrine, all verses pro and con must work together, not against each other.

If we only had the Old Testament and not the New, then we would NOT know its HIDDEN meaning. It is hidden, or else, it would not be called by the name: "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT"....The book of Revelation helps us out greatly to make the connection with the Old Testament, so that, we come to a true Biblical understanding.

We must avoid denominationalism, men opinions, favors, pressure of exclusion, praises of men and other things that would hinder us from faithfully standing for the truth. No one loves standing alone among the multitudes and standing alone just to have claims of doing it. But, we must be faithful with what God has given to us and trust Him for His purpose with our life. This one thing we do know, you will never have the multitudes on the side of TRUTH, NEVER! Matthew 7:13-14

We sing the song, Babylon is fallen from Revelation 14:8 and other places in the OT.

"Hail! the day so long expected, hail! the year of full release; Zion's wall are now erected; And her watchmen publish peace. Thru our Shiloh's wide dominion, hear the trumpet loudly roar Babylon is fallen, is fallen, is fallen, Babylon is fallen to rise no more.
All her merchants stand with wonder, What is this that comes to pass? Murm'ring like the distance thunder, Crying, O alas, alas! Swell the sound, ye kings and nobles, Priest and people, rich and poor. Babylon is fallen, is fallen, is fallen, Babylon is fallen to rise no more.
Blow the trumpet in Mount Zion! Christ shall come the second time; Ruling with a rod of iron, All who now as foes combine. Babel's garments we've rejected, and our fellowship is o'er. Babylon is fallen, is fallen, is fallen, Babylon is fallen to rise no more.

THIS IS A GREAT SONG! But, who really understands WHAT they are singing? "Thru our Shiloh's WIDE DOMINION,".........

CANNOT be said to be true, UNTIL, Babylon is TRULY FALLEN. When Babylon falls to RISE NO MORE, then our Shiloh's dominion will be over ALL the earth, over every person. The knowledge of the LORD shall cover the earth, as the sea does now.

The Apostle Paul said: ".....I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the UNDERSTANDING also." 1Corinthians 14:15

We must understand WHAT we are singing WHEN we sing songs unto our God. Also, are we not teaching one another when we are singing?

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; TEACHING and admonishing ONE ANOTHER in psalms and HYMNS and SPIRITUAL SONGS, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16

Yes, we are singing to the Lord at the same time. We must labor to sing with understanding to our Lord. May this paper on Mystery Babylon help God's children to do to just that. That is: have a Biblical understanding of Mystery, Babylon the great. May the Lord of heaven and earth, use it for the good of his people.

Without a true understanding of this subject, a part of God's truth is missing from your Bible knowledge. It may leave you or/and your loved ones unprepared for the evil days ahead and from the sorceries used by MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT! No man lives to himself, and what he believes and practices, others with him, who ever they may be, will believe and do likewise; and if in error, they will suffer the same consequences.

May we all seek to know the true meaning of MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT. Knowing the truth here and responding as a child of God should, will prepare you for that day.

How can one heed the call of the Holy Ghost, "...COME OUT of her, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4.....if they do not know the truth concerning Mystery, Babylon the great? It is impossible! Some may think that they have never been part of it; others may think they have come out already and do not need to heed this call; but, they may very well still be part of it, yea, a big part of it! May these posts help God's elect to know the truth, that they may heed this call that is in Revelation 18:4 and many other places in the scriptures; though said a little differently, but meaning the same as the exhortation in Revelation 18:4.

page one of the introduction...
This is a apostate church that has doctrines of devils and seducing spirits, and they are not hard to find..

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 17:1-5
1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

The physical city of Babylon was originally built by Nimrod after the flood and was by the Euphrates River. The name Babylon came from the Tower of Babel that was constructed there and means "the portal of the gods", or "gate of the gods". Jesus is the spiritual husband of the church therefore if a church unites with or receives favors of one who is not her husband, she commits spiritual adultery.

Here we see Babylon is called the “great whore” who committed fornication or spiritual adultery. The “many waters” she sits on are the countless people she has deceived and “made drunk” with her doctrines. The “kings of the earth” represent civil powers or the power of the state. When churches lose the power of the gospel to transform hearts and lives they turn to the power of the state to support their doctrines and thus they commit spiritual fornication.

We see this repeated in many verses in Revelation...
Revelation 14:8
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 16:19
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

The name Babylon or "the portal of the gods" in a sense portrays a means of access to the gods that is contrary to Gods plan. Access is granted through the system and not by faith in Jesus Christ. It is a system where salvation by works replaces salvation by faith. Numerous verses in the book of Revelation warn against Babylon, and admonish Gods people to come out of Babylon.
Revelation 18:1-5
1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

The unclean and hateful birds reference the counterfeit spirit of demons that would power the system and lead people to believe that they are working with the power of God when it is a deception masquerading as truth. In verse 4, John hears "another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." This warns Gods people not to become entangled with this "Mystery Babylon" so they are not "partakers of her sins" or her abominations to avoid the "her plagues".

The Babylon is not the physical Babylon but spiritual Babylon as we see even Peter used it.
1 Peter 5:13
13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Peter wrote these words when literal Babylon no longer existed. The woman that rides the beast also has all the identifying features as we see, "the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication". The great prostitute is obviously not a good woman and has issues that go beyond just a few mistakes. Just as ancient Babylon depended on the Euphrates River for its existence, so will end-time Babylon rely on the support of the masses to enforce her plans. So must discern and understand who and what is this spiritual Babylon?
Keys to understanding who Babylon is:
1. She sits on many waters. Which nation sits on and controls more waterways and strategic water passages than any other country. 2. She fornicates with all the kings of the earth. Which nation provides immunity and a United Forum or all the kings of the earth.
3. Which nation provides the most merchandise, merchantile, and cargo to all parts of the world.
4. Which nation would the merchants of the sea mourn over if they saw her destruction, and the silencing of her music, and all the natural resources that benefitted them.

If you said the United States, you guessed right!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. She sits on many waters. Which nation sits on and controls more waterways and strategic water passages than any other country. 2. She fornicates with all the kings of the earth. Which nation provides immunity and a United Forum or all the kings of the earth.
3. Which nation provides the most merchandise, merchantile, and cargo to all parts of the world.
4. Which nation would the merchants of the sea mourn over if they saw her destruction, and the silencing of her music, and all the natural resources that benefitted them.

Babylon isn't just one country but all countries that do/will worship the antichrist as a god. Babylon is the false bride opposite of the true bride of Christ.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon isn't just one country but all countries that do/will worship the antichrist as a god. Babylon is the false bride opposite of the true bride of Christ.
The bible is very clear on this matter. Babylon, the woman, rides on the horns of the Beast for a short time, and the Beast distroy's her. Her destruction is clearly depicted in the 18th chapter of Revelation. The woman, at first, gladly fornicates with him, and the beast uses her to gain his advantages, and then destroys her. At this point, the beast has no more use for her. The world sits back and observes her destruction giving them great pause as they ponder her end. She is referenced as separate from other nations, and separate from other events occuring. It's pretty clear.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is the Image of the Beast that has some of the same characteristics yet doesnt come into the timeline till the original Beast is wounded. So need to study that deeper as it supports the Beast and brings the nations (can we say NWO) to the Beast where they are shocked as it meets its end....

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the Image of the Beast that has some of the same characteristics yet doesnt come into the timeline till the original Beast is wounded. So need to study that deeper as it supports the Beast and brings the nations (can we say NWO) to the Beast where they are shocked as it meets its end....
Hobie, The 1st beast depicted in the book of Revelation refers to him as a him, male, singular. Also, "he is a Master of Deception", a sorcerer, and "...he takes the world by intrigue", the deep things of Satan. In the 13th chapter we read "Satan gives him, this beast, his crown, his seat, and his great authority". Again, this 1st beast has his false prophet, the 2nd beast, place images of the 1st beast throught the world and demands that people "WORSHIP" the image of the beast. This is the one world religion that worships the beast as a messiah. This first beast is at enmity with God and he, the first beast, will not bow to anyother God above himself...NONE! The Catholic church have saints, and the virgin mother and God and Jesus above them. The pope is not likely to be the anti-Christ since Christ and the rituals of the Church are not anti-Christ. The anti-Christ is profoundly hateful of Christ, God, God's angels and God's kingdom, the anti-Christ only pretends to be the messiah and performs false signs and wonders, probably with A.I. trickery and drones, convinsingly enough to get a beaten population to follow him and take his number. The beast is a man, "his number is the number of a man...". It is not the Catholic church. All religions of the world will cease and only one world religion that "WORSHIPS" the beast will exist.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon means confusion. The Babylon of Revelation is not a literal city, and it is not Jerusalem. It is a global concept comprised of all the deceived/marked people of the world that worship the false Christ. This is why the city is portrayed as a whore, common to be those that worship a false god. It is they which are Babylon and they which receive of the plagues. God isn't angry with buildings or cities but the people. The seven mountains on which Babylon sits represents the world. I believe the 7 is either the seven continents or possibly something like the G7, 7 major governments of the world. Either way it's the world of the deceived that make up Babylon.
The thing is what religious/political entity has been since the fall of Rome, only one..

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is what religious/political entity has been since the fall of Rome, only one..

No, not only one but Babylon does not exist until the false christ does. There are many types and shadows of them but the defacto endtimes appearance of both is yet to come. SDA is overly obsessed with the RCC which clouds the true understanding of Babylon and the two tribulation beasts.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not only one but Babylon does not exist until the false christ does. There are many types and shadows of them but the defacto endtimes appearance of both is yet to come. SDA is overly obsessed with the RCC which clouds the true understanding of Babylon and the two tribulation beasts.
What other religious/political entity came out of Pagan Rome and is here today.....