Understanding Who and What is the Babylon of Revelation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's fine.
No one really knows for sure. It's been debated for centuries.
It's just my own observation that John B didn't actually write the book. But the vision in the book was first given to him to go into the wilderness and announce the Lord's coming. Like a trumpet.
Who told John B to baptize?

Jhn 1:32
And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
Jhn 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Jhn 1:34
And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Who sent John B ?

Now John the Evangelist is writing the book of John right? But he isn't writing concerning himself, he is writing concerning John the Baptist.
Now John the Baptist and John the Evanglist, these aren't the same guy right?

But John E wrote concerning John B.

And we don't know exactly when the book of Revelation was written. So we don't know exactly which John is sent to write the book of Revelation.

Is John E recording the vision that John B bare record to, as he did above concerning the dove?

Who told John B to go and Baptize so that Jesus could be manifested as the lamb of God?

Jhn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
Jhn 1:30
This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Jhn 1:31
And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Now John B was sent to manifest Jesus before Israel.

Jhn 17:1
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Jhn 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Jhn 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Jhn 17:4
I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Jhn 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Jhn 17:6
I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
Jhn 17:7
Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
Jhn 17:8
For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

What words did God give to Jesus concerning him?

Rev 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

What did John see?
Jhn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
Jhn 1:30
This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Jhn 1:32
And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
Jhn 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Jhn 1:34
And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Jhn 1:15
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Acts chapter 13 is fascinating. But I'll save that for another time.
It's breakfast
:D
Hugs

Who sent John B to baptize?
I believe that it was John the apostle remember even John the Baptist questionEd if Jesus was the messiah when he was already in prison right before he died

He would of been confident after seeing Jesus in revelation chapter one if he wrote revelation

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that it was John the apostle remember even John the Baptist questionEd if Jesus was the messiah when he was already in prison right before he died

He would of been confident after seeing Jesus in revelation chapter one if he wrote revelation
I don't believe John the Baptist WROTE the book of Revelation.
I believe that John the Apostle or Evangelizer wrote the VISION John the Baptist was given.

Isa 40:6
The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
Isa 40:7
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
Isa 40:8
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Luk 12:28
If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

1Pe 1:24
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1Pe 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Rev 8:6
And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Rev 8:7
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Rev 9:1
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2
And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Eze 22:18
Son of man, the house of Israel is to me become dross: all they are brass, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver.
Eze 22:20
As they gather silver, and brass, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in mine anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you.
Eze 22:22
As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the LORD have poured out my fury upon you.

Isa 1:24
Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Isa 1:25
And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
Isa 1:26
And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27
Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.
Isa 1:28
And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Jer 8:22
Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?
Mar 2:17
When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mat 3:1

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mar 1:14
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Exo 16:5
And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.
Rev 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

hugs

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I FOUND IT!!
Luk 3:2
Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.
Luk 3:3
And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
Luk 3:7
Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Rev 6:12
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

Rev 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

I believe John the Evangelist wrote the words concerning the vision that was given to John the Baptist.

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry?

What was John's message?

Hugs

39,168 views Apr 5, 2022 #EncourageTV #FullMovies
As an older man, the Apostle John was sentenced to forced labor on the Island of Patmos.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't believe John the Baptist WROTE the book of Revelation.
I believe that John the Apostle or Evangelizer wrote the VISION John the Baptist was given.

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
Isa 40:7
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
Isa 40:8
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Luk 12:28
If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

1Pe 1:24
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1Pe 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Rev 8:6
And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Rev 8:7
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Rev 9:1
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2
And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Eze 22:18
Son of man, the house of Israel is to me become dross: all they are brass, and tin, and iron, and lead, in the midst of the furnace; they are even the dross of silver.
Eze 22:20
As they gather silver, and brass, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in mine anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you.
Eze 22:22
As silver is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the midst thereof; and ye shall know that I the LORD have poured out my fury upon you.

Isa 1:24
Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Isa 1:25
And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
Isa 1:26
And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27
Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.
Isa 1:28
And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Jer 8:22
Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?
Mar 2:17
When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Mat 3:1
In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Exo 16:5
And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.
Rev 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

hugs
But the writer said that they saw it and was told to write down what they saw

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all getting caught up on who wrote what instead of who recieved the vision.
John the baptist was sent into the wilderness to Cry, make way for the Lord.
What shall I cry? And God gave John the vision of the Lamb of God.
When John's course was finished, Jesus took up where John left off. And he fulfilled everything that was written concerning him.
Peter, John, James, all twelve, and Paul were all given the same vision. As Jesus talked and walked with them for 3 and a half years.
Not everything they talked about is written. But the Prophecy concerning Jesus, which was, which is and which is to come, was given to all his Apostles.
The important thing isn't who Wrote the book, but what it's about, who it's about, it is the Gospel Truth.

You all get stuck on the gnat.

I feel like I'm having a de ja vu...
weird

hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 40:13
Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?
Isa 40:14
With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Mat 21:23
And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?
Mat 21:24
And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things.
Mat 21:25
The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?
Mat 21:26
But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet.
Mat 21:27
And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

Mat 21:28
But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
Mat 21:29
He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
Mat 21:30
And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Mat 21:31
Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
Mat 21:32
For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

2Pe 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Psa 85:13
Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry?
Isa 40:10
Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

Jhn 10:37
If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
Jhn 10:38
But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Rev 11:18
And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Isa 40:11
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Mat 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jhn 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Rev 12:14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Rev 7:17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Revelation is using the word Babylon, it's a reference to the totalitarian Roman empire. Which was dominating the world at this stage. If people where court writing such things about Rome, they would have been put to the cross. This is why they use the term Babylon.

Biblical scholars believe that "Babylon" is a metaphor for the pagan Roman Empire at the time it persecuted Christians, before the Edict of Milan in 313.

Yes it means evil. But more specifically for the time, Rome. If we where to translate it for today's time, Babylon would be a reference to world Governments.
It is more than just that as the 'pagan Roman Empire' no longer exists, and scripture is clear that it will go on to the end...
Revelation 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

We also know that the term 'Babylon' signifies confusion and is employed in Scripture to designate the various forms of false or apostate religion as we see in Revelation 17
Revelation 17:4-6
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Here we see Babylon is represented as a woman, a figure which is used in the Bible as the symbol of a church, a virtuous woman representing a pure church, versus a vile woman which is an apostate church. The true church, which upholds the truth, is symbolized by a chaste woman.
Jeremiah 6:2
I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.
2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

The fallen church, which teaches and practices error, and which has exercised a strong influence on the nations of the world, is symbolized by a corrupt woman which we see what that is.
Hosea 2:5
For their mother hath played the harlot: she that conceived them hath done shamefully: for she said, I will go after my lovers, that give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, mine oil and my drink.

We see that Babylon has been fostering corrupted doctrines, the wine of infidelity and unfaithfulness, as the church is seen as the bride of Christ.
Revelation 14:8
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

This wine of 'fornication', which is spiritual adultery or infidelity/unfaithful, is made up of false doctrines, such as the natural immortality of the soul, the eternal torment of the wicked, allowing the worship of idols, advocating and exalting the first day of the week above God’s holy, sanctified day, and changing Gods Law. This Babylon is a force for evil and it represents this a apostate church that greatly corrupts with this spiritual adultery of false doctrines, extending across the whole world as we see in history, to the end.

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is more than just that as the 'pagan Roman Empire' no longer exists, and scripture is clear that it will go on to the end...
Revelation 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

We also know that the term 'Babylon' signifies confusion and is employed in Scripture to designate the various forms of false or apostate religion as we see in Revelation 17
Revelation 17:4-6
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Here we see Babylon is represented as a woman, a figure which is used in the Bible as the symbol of a church, a virtuous woman representing a pure church, versus a vile woman which is an apostate church. The true church, which upholds the truth, is symbolized by a chaste woman.
Jeremiah 6:2
I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.
2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

The fallen church, which teaches and practices error, and which has exercised a strong influence on the nations of the world, is symbolized by a corrupt woman which we see what that is.
Hosea 2:5
For their mother hath played the harlot: she that conceived them hath done shamefully: for she said, I will go after my lovers, that give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, mine oil and my drink.

We see that Babylon has been fostering corrupted doctrines, the wine of infidelity and unfaithfulness, as the church is seen as the bride of Christ.
Revelation 14:8
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

This wine of 'fornication', which is spiritual adultery or infidelity/unfaithful, is made up of false doctrines, such as the natural immortality of the soul, the eternal torment of the wicked, allowing the worship of idols, advocating and exalting the first day of the week above God’s holy, sanctified day, and changing Gods Law. This Babylon is a force for evil and it represents this a apostate church that greatly corrupts with this spiritual adultery of false doctrines, extending across the whole world as we see in history, to the end.
Yes I said that. All things can be applied universely. It can be applied then. It can be applied now. And it will also be able to be applied in the future. This is because the bible is written in conjunction with universal, eternal laws.

So the most important thing is that we learn to apply it to our current time now so that we can learn something from it. It is ultimately a reference to systems of control and totalitarianism. Ruling classes that want to rule the world. Call it evil if you will. Today, that is Government, religion and money. All these are systems to control the people and keep us at low level of conciousness. Ultimately, we are slaves to these systems. And ultimately, the Roman empire still operates from the Vatican influencing and controlling the majority of the world.

To speak of these Truths is one thing. To completely understand them is another. Then to apply them by renouncing the systems of government no one wants to do. Because people want to hold on to these false belief systems like government because in doing so they can advocate their own responsibility.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I said that. All things can be applied universely. It can be applied then. It can be applied now. And it will also be able to be applied in the future. This is because the bible is written in conjunction with universal, eternal laws.

So the most important thing is that we learn to apply it to our current time now so that we can learn something from it. It is ultimately a reference to systems of control and totalitarianism. Ruling classes that want to rule the world. Call it evil if you will. Today, that is Government, religion and money. All these are systems to control the people and keep us at low level of conciousness. Ultimately, we are slaves to these systems. And ultimately, the Roman empire still operates from the Vatican influencing and controlling the majority of the world.

To speak of these Truths is one thing. To completely understand them is another. Then to apply them by renouncing the systems of government no one wants to do. Because people want to hold on to these false belief systems like government because in doing so they can advocate their own responsibility.
Its a religious system not a 'government', that tries to exhort itself on the people and take it down of path of worship of deception, and many follow its dictates and at the end all will have to choose to follow the antichrist entity or to follow God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry A.I. will write the next Bible and everything we discuss about it will be fact checked.
Yuval "NOAH" Hurari.... as the days of Noah..
Here's your anti-christ incarnate. Here is your Babylon.

Yuval Noah Harari

Israeli historian and author of popular science bestsellers
ynharari.com
Yuval Noah Harari is an Israeli author, public intellectual, historian and professor in the Department of History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Wikipedia

I wonder if this guy will be sitting on throne in the third temple Israel will build. Or maybe it will be A.I.

Watch this guy... I don't just mean the video. I mean WATCH OUT for this guy.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 19:37
And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
Luk 19:38
Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
Luk 19:39
And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
Luk 19:40
And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
Luk 19:41
And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
Luk 19:42
Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
Luk 19:43
For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
Luk 19:44
And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Stones. Stoney hearts. Stubborn. Adament. Solid. Firm.

So in the above verses I hear: even if these, my disciples, hearts of flesh, faithful. Should hold their peace.
Even if the entire Christian world should become silent.
The stones.. or unbelievers, false religions, stubborn hearted, cold and dead in spirit, carnal,
would immediately cry out.

The enemy of all of us, will not leave one stone upon another.
There will be no foundation for even the stonehearted for which to stand.

In this forum and around the world are many religions, many faiths, many beliefs.
There are those which believe in God and those that don't.
Take away the ideologies, the denominations, the labels, and what you have is the Have and Have not's.

And even if the have's should hold their peace, even the have not's would immediatley cry out.

Put your biases aside for a moment.
Regardless of where a message originates be it friend or foe,
God is in the business of warning and informing those that believe and those that believe not.
God is not a respector of persons. His warnings are for everyone.

I want to share a video and I know that some in the beginning of it will immediately denounce it because of where the message is coming from. And others may denounce it for how the message ends. Either way... don't denounce the message according to messenger.

Strange things are going to be coming upon the world. Some from God and some from man. And we need to be ready to at least listen to what those warning are.

This video concerns the 3 days of darkness which some believe is coming upon the earth.
Both carnal and spiritual darkness.
Please take a moment and listen to the video and share your comments if you choose.
Thank you

For even the stones are crying out.
Hugs

Sling and Stone
340K subscribers

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus established a home base for Christianity in Rome, but it is not the seat of his eternal Kingdom. Earthly Christianity can go corrupt, and it has.

I explain my view of this elsewhere in this thread. Let me know what you think? In a nutshell, there will be, according to Dan 7, 7 political leaders following the Little Horn--the Antichrist. 10 kingdoms, 3 kings fall, leaving 10 kingdoms and 7 kings.

John turns this number of 7 kings into a cryptic symbol suggesting Rome. They are 7 hills, which speak of Rome. And they can be viewed as 7 historical empires, likely beginning with biblical Egypt. The 6th Empire again is Rome. It is the city that rules on earth, which in John's time was Rome.

Rome is the 4th of the 4 Empires of Dan 2 and 7, the 1st being Babylon, and the last being Rome. And so, John calls Rome "Mystery Babylon" because he doesn't want to identify Rome by name. He uses cryptic symbols to explain who this is to Christians who at the time would know. I think we should know too.
That is a contrived human understanding that many a theologian has attempted to explain.

Daniel 2 did not stop at Rome though. There was the ten toes, that represented a kingdom that came after Rome. The 5th kingdom even lasted longer than Rome did, as the 4th kingdom. Five had fallen before Revelation was even relevant. John in Revelation described the 6th kingdom, that was beyond the prophetic words of Daniel.

For a person who denies the label preterist, you seem very determined to get stuck in the past. You even have 3 different fulfillments of the AoD.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sorry but I’m not quite sure what happened in post 67 it was to be to Ziggy somehow yours got tied into it I’m working from an iPad probably the same thing that happened to you in your original post 69
Apology accepted. At least now I know you weren't trying to twist what I was saying. Sorry I assumed that.

Reactions: Marty fox

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter chapter 4 . Judgement starts with house of God. When Jesus returns 7th trump, He's dealing with the shepherds first. Some members did there homework. And some are wrong and misleading people.
Being shepherds isn't game. We are directly accountable to Jesus.

Revelation chapter 17 . Is false religion and one world religious system.
Babylon means = confusion.

Jeremiah chapter 13 . God tells prophet Jeremiah to get linen girdle. After he wore it while, it became dirty. Now God has Jeremiah bury it under rock at the Euphrates river.

Later, Jeremiah gets it. It has fallen apart. It's now useless.
What's the point ???.

Idolatry of today is traditions of men and false doctrine. Many people are biblically illiterate. Get the picture. They are spirtualty polluted.

Unprofitable. Dead works.
Christian people are to produce fruit for God. God can't use biblically illiterate Christian people.
13:16 . Speaks of shadow of death and darkness. This is satan. Were warned by old testament, that satan will come near future.
2 thessalonians chapter 2 tells us son of perdition will go into temple of God and claim to be messiah. Satan is coming near future as false messiah. Get the picture.

13 : 12 . Wine bottles. This is speaking of spirtual drunkenness. Meaning, some people have spirit of stupor.
Isaiah chapter 6 and romans chapter 11 to document some people have spirit of slumber. Jeremiah 13:12.

Back to revelation chapter 17 . Can we see why many people will worship antichrist near future.

They are biblically illiterate.

Who's fault ???

THE SHEPHERDS !!!

We understand this !!!,

Reactions: Zao is life

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a contrived human understanding that many a theologian has attempted to explain.

Daniel 2 did not stop at Rome though. There was the ten toes, that represented a kingdom that came after Rome. The 5th kingdom even lasted longer than Rome did, as the 4th kingdom. Five had fallen before Revelation was even relevant. John in Revelation described the 6th kingdom, that was beyond the prophetic words of Daniel.

For a person who denies the label preterist, you seem very determined to get stuck in the past. You even have 3 different fulfillments of the AoD.
You're stuck trying to stick those who disagree with your position names designed to provoke. I am *not* a Preterist, and belief that biblical prophecies have been fulfilled in the past does *not* make a Christian a "Preterist." In fact, *all Christians* believe biblical prophecies have been fulfilled in the past. All Christians believe that Jesus' 1st Coming fulfilled biblical prophecy, and that took place in the past.

I also believe the 4th and last Kingdom of Dan 2 and 7 will be fulfilled in the future. Rome began in the past but is to be fulfilled under the Antichrist. There is no mention of a 5th Kingdom in Dan 2 and 7. They are a set of 4 kingdoms. More kingdoms are involved, but the set specifies *4!*

Dan 7.3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation chapter 17 . Is false religion and one world religious system.
Babylon means = confusion.
I see some people on this thread saying Babylon means confusion and this comes from the tower of Bable. That’s all well and good but the woman in Revelation 17:5 doesn’t just have the word Babylon on her forehead, it’s Mystery Babylon.

The word mystery means something that was hidden in the Old Testament that is revealed in the New Testament. The woman can’t represent just Babylon, she has to represent Mystery Babylon.

People in the Old Testament would’ve known Babylon means false religion, one world religious system, or confusion, that’s not a mystery. What do the words Mystery Babylon represent?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're stuck trying to stick those who disagree with your position names designed to provoke. I am *not* a Preterist, and belief that biblical prophecies have been fulfilled in the past does *not* make a Christian a "Preterist." In fact, *all Christians* believe biblical prophecies have been fulfilled in the past. All Christians believe that Jesus' 1st Coming fulfilled biblical prophecy, and that took place in the past.

I also believe the 4th and last Kingdom of Dan 2 and 7 will be fulfilled in the future. Rome began in the past but is to be fulfilled under the Antichrist. There is no mention of a 5th Kingdom in Dan 2 and 7. They are a set of 4 kingdoms. More kingdoms are involved, but the set specifies *4!*

Dan 7.3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.
Of course there is a 5th kingdom mentioned in Daniel 2. The ten toes.

"And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

This is not a seperate Rome.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see some people on this thread saying Babylon means confusion and this comes from the tower of Bable. That’s all well and good but the woman in Revelation 17:5 doesn’t just have the word Babylon on her forehead, it’s Mystery Babylon.

Mystery isn't part of her name. The name is only "Babylon the great". The rest is for the reader's benefit.