• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What are we suppose to do on this day? Fast, pray, or what exactly?
Treat it like you would a very special Sabbath. We abstain from all work and are commanded to afflict our souls on that day in remembrance of what Yeshua has done for us in dying as our atoning sacrifice. The most common and historic way of afflicting one's soul is through fasting. We fast 24 hours without food or water, but that is a tradition, not a requirement. We also hold a worship service, pray, listen to a message, study Scripture, fellowship, sing, etc. You can read up on it in Leviticus 16 and 23.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a JW. I am "like" a Messianic believer in many ways.

Praise Ya Ho Vah
I have asked a couple of questions and you never responded, I find your Scriptural Knowledge beyond my capacity, at this time. I have Agreed with most everything you have stated.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is not the prophesied time of the trumpets yet?

Mind if I step in, The Scripture states, that no man knows the day or hour, of the coming of Our Lord, Right! But Paul writes, I have no need to write unto you Brethren about the Time, and Season's, for you know them. These were Jew's that live out these very Feast's year after year, from childhood, OK, They would watch the Lunar Cycle, it starts as the moon appears in the west just after sundown, a sliver, the first sliver of the moon, dictates the beginning of each month! So starting with the month of the Aviv, month 1, then they count each new moon, until the seventh month, Here's the kicker! they do not know when each month's new moon will appear! The Only Feast that Begin's just as the new moon is sighted, is Day of Trumpet's, so no man know's the day or the hour in which it will be sighted. They know about when to watch, but there is no Guarantee! Once the Day of Trumpet's is established, then on the 10th Day, it is Day of Atonement, then on the 14th Day we have Tabernacles, which last 8 days. the first day is a high Sabbath, and the last day is a high Sabbath.
1 Day of Trumpet's - the Last Trump - when those that sleep are raised. and those that are still alive, in a twinkling of an eye!
2 Day of Atonement - When We [Hopefully] are on the Sea of fire and glass, during the bowls of Wrath being poured out, [Like Noah we are above the Judgment of God]
Tabernacles - for 8 day we will celebrate in the Booth's as they did when they came out of Egypt, and the Last Day will be the Marriage to the Lamb, and We {Hopefully} will Tabernacle with the King Forever!
Know there will be some that correct me, and that's OK, I may not have it perfect, But Close. Just a general overview !!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind if I step in, The Scripture states, that no man knows the day or hour, of the coming of Our Lord, Right! But Paul writes, I have no need to write unto you Brethren about the Time, and Season's, for you know them. These were Jew's that live out these very Feast's year after year, from childhood, OK, They would watch the Lunar Cycle, it starts as the moon appears in the west just after sundown, a sliver, the first sliver of the moon, dictates the beginning of each month! So starting with the month of the Aviv, month 1, then they count each new moon, until the seventh month, Here's the kicker! they do not know when each month's new moon will appear! The Only Feast that Begin's just as the new moon is sighted, is Day of Trumpet's, so no man know's the day or the hour in which it will be sighted. They know about when to watch, but there is no Guarantee! Once the Day of Trumpet's is established, then on the 10th Day, it is Day of Atonement, then on the 14th Day we have Tabernacles, which last 8 days. the first day is a high Sabbath, and the last day is a high Sabbath.
1 Day of Trumpet's - the Last Trump - when those that sleep are raised. and those that are still alive, in a twinkling of an eye!
2 Day of Atonement - When We [Hopefully] are on the Sea of fire and glass, during the bowls of Wrath being poured out, [Like Noah we are above the Judgment of God]
Tabernacles - for 8 day we will celebrate in the Booth's as they did when they came out of Egypt, and the Last Day will be the Marriage to the Lamb, and We {Hopefully} will Tabernacle with the King Forever!
Know there will be some that correct me, and that's OK, I may not have it perfect, But Close. Just a general overview !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! This is all new to me studying the Jewish Calendar and how it relates to prophesies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Treat it like you would a very special Sabbath. We abstain from all work and are commanded to afflict our souls on that day in remembrance of what Yeshua has done for us in dying as our atoning sacrifice. The most common and historic way of afflicting one's soul is through fasting. We fast 24 hours without food or water, but that is a tradition, not a requirement. We also hold a worship service, pray, listen to a message, study Scripture, fellowship, sing, etc. You can read up on it in Leviticus 16 and 23.
Okay, then this is what I will do. Fast and pray.

Reactions: gadar perets

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My sister is Jewish and I really would like to understand these days more and observe some of them. Where should a Christian start studying/understanding/observing as God would desire of us as far as OT ways He would like His people to follow?

(Goodnight)

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Praise Ya Ho Vah
I have asked a couple of questions and you never responded, I find your Scriptural Knowledge beyond my capacity, at this time. I have Agreed with most everything you have stated.
My apologies if I did not respond. Can you ask them again or direct me to those posts?

Reactions: Truth

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Okay, then this is what I will do. Fast and pray.
From Trumpets to Atonement is ten days. The Jews call them the "Days of Awe" (tradition). It is believed that these days should be used for deep introspection in search of sins to be repented of before the Day of Atonement comes. I always ask YHWH to search my soul and reveal to me my sins and any ways in which I am failing to walk according to His will. Since Yeshua said, "Go and sin no more", I believe such prayers are valuable in reaching that goal. We can pray such prayers all year long, but they should not be neglected at this time of year.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My sister is Jewish and I really would like to understand these days more and observe some of them. Where should a Christian start studying/understanding/observing as God would desire of us as far as OT ways He would like His people to follow?

(Goodnight)
If I may answer as well, Leviticus 23:2-3 reads;

Lev 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of YHWH, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
Lev 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of YHWH in all your dwellings.
The word "feasts" is from the Hebrew "moadi" meaning "appointed times". The first appointed time mentioned is the weekly Sabbath on the 7th day of the week (sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday). All other feasts follow in that chapter. Since you seem new to the feasts, the next feast from today is Yom Kippurim starting this Wednesday night. If you believe the feasts should be kept by believers today, then I would start with Yom Kippurim. Start by asking YHWH to forgive you for not keeping the feasts earlier in your life and then ask Him to show you how to keep them from this day forward. The Sabbath will come this Friday evening. I would pray the same concerning the Sabbath.

I would also caution you that Jews do not keep the feasts with Yeshua in mind as we would. They will keep this coming Yom Kippurim without realizing Yeshua fulfills the atonement sacrifices on that day. They have also added many man made rules to keeping the Sabbath that we do not need to follow. Stick to Scripture and you will do well.

May Almighty YHWH bless your studies.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
As you can all see by Truth's post, we see the fulfillment of Yom Teruah differently (bold). Why is that? The problem is in the nature of the day. Yom Teruah is a "shadow" of something coming in the future. It is very difficult to perceive the reality of a shadow. For example, sacrificing a Passover lamb each year was a shadow that Israel was living under. It was VERY difficult for them to perceive the reality of YHWH's Son Yeshua dying as the fulfillment of that yearly sacrifice. The same holds true for us. Some see the dead being resurrected on a future Yom Teruah and others see the resurrection occurring on a future Yom Kippurim. Either way, it does not change the fact that we should still observe the shadow until the reality comes.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Happy Yom Kippurim! Celebrate the atonement that Yeshua made for us! Remember his sacrifice on our behalf. Don't let this day pass without giving thanks and praise to YHWH for sending His Son to die as our atoning sacrifice and without giving thanks to Yeshua for his unselfish sacrifice after taking our sins upon himself and paying our debt of death. Blessed be YHWH and Yeshua!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Happy Yom Teruah / Day of Trumpets / Day of Shouting!

If you are among those who believe Yeshua (Jesus) fulfilled the reality of this day, please tell me how. What did the shadow point to and what was the reality casting the shadow? For example, we know the shadow of the Passover lamb with its blood put upon the doorposts saved the firstborns from death and that the realty is Yeshua the Messiah, the true Passover Lamb whose blood will protect us from death. Had Yeshua not died as the fulfillment of the Passover lamb, we would still be sacrificing Passover lambs. That is because a shadow cannot cease until the reality comes.

As I understand it, the shadow of Yom Teruah has not been fulfilled and therefore, we still live under its shadow awaiting the coming reality. Only when the day is fulfilled can the observance of it cease. If we no longer need to observe this day, then what is the reality (fulfillment) of Yom Teruah?

Do you hereby say the sacrifices on these days are still valid for the People of God to offer?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As you can all see by Truth's post, we see the fulfillment of Yom Teruah differently (bold). Why is that? The problem is in the nature of the day. Yom Teruah is a "shadow" of something coming in the future. It is very difficult to perceive the reality of a shadow. For example, sacrificing a Passover lamb each year was a shadow that Israel was living under. It was VERY difficult for them to perceive the reality of YHWH's Son Yeshua dying as the fulfillment of that yearly sacrifice. The same holds true for us. Some see the dead being resurrected on a future Yom Teruah and others see the resurrection occurring on a future Yom Kippurim. Either way, it does not change the fact that we should still observe the shadow until the reality comes.

"The Reality was Christ"; He did come as the Shadow-Sacrifice; He also came "from the dead" the Resurrection-Reality; He will come again for "the resurrection of all, some unto the Resurrection of Life" like his own was; "some unto the resurrection of condemnation" like the devil's condemnation shall be.
There is no need for sacrifices again; if there would be, Christ's Sacrifice of Himself would have been worthless, banish the thought!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The essential difference between the Passover of Yahweh and the day(s) of the atonement is that the passover was the LORD GOD'S historic act of redemption and salvation according to His Eternal Council and Covenant of Grace. The autumn feasts were institutions without historic precedent which, no more than shadows and distant echoes of it, were based upon the Passover of Yahweh. Likewise had the passover of the children of Israel become but a shadow-law for the edification of the followers of Jesus Christ.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
you cannot define exactly how Yeshua fulfilled Yom Teruah. We know exactly how he fulfilled the shadow of the Passover lamb, sin sacrifices, etc. How did he fulfill the trumpets/shouting of Yom Teruah?

By having fulfilled the Passover of Yahweh Christ our Passover Sacrifice as well as Passover Resurrection not only fulfilled 'the trumpets/shouting of Yom Teruah' but ALL OT prophetic shadows and sacrifices and holy days whatever and whichever.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"The Reality was Christ"; He did come as the Shadow-Sacrifice; He also came "from the dead" the Resurrection-Reality; He will come again for "the resurrection of all, some unto the Resurrection of Life" like his own was; "some unto the resurrection of condemnation" like the devil's condemnation shall be.
There is no need for sacrifices again; if there would be, Christ's Sacrifice of Himself would have been worthless, banish the thought!
I agree that Yeshua is the reality of sacrifices. He is NOT the reality of the days themselves. They each point to something that was coming in Paul's future, especially the fall holy days.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The essential difference between the Passover of Yahweh and the day(s) of the atonement is that the passover was the LORD GOD'S historic act of redemption and salvation according to His Eternal Council and Covenant of Grace. The autumn feasts were institutions without historic precedent which, no more than shadows and distant echoes of it, were based upon the Passover of Yahweh. Likewise had the passover of the children of Israel become but a shadow-law for the edification of the followers of Jesus Christ.
I have no idea what you mean.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
By having fulfilled the Passover of Yahweh Christ our Passover Sacrifice as well as Passover Resurrection not only fulfilled 'the trumpets/shouting of Yom Teruah' but ALL OT prophetic shadows and sacrifices and holy days whatever and whichever.
Wishful thinking. Yom Teruah will be fulfilled in our future. It will either be fulfilled at Yeshua's second coming to resurrect the dead in him as most feast keepers believe or it will be fulfilled when the trumpets of Revelation 8 begin to sound at the beginning of the Day of YHWH.