Upon THIS Rock I will build my Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again - it's not about“bullying”.
Just try to control your lying and you won't have to deal with me.

I'm only here on a search and destroy mission.
I search out lies about the Church - and destroy them.

LOL got the visual of tights and a cape on a mission of search and destruction....

Funny!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you at least point me to the post?

Also - did I scare you off with my challenge?
Like I said in my LAST post – IF you have Scriptural evidence of Eve “acknowledging” her role as the “Mother of ALL the living” and Abraham “acknowledging” his role as “Father of a multitude of nations” – then PRODUCE it.

I’ll tell ya what – IF you can do that – I will formally apologize to you for accusing you of lying.
HOWEVER – if you can’t present this Scriptural proof – then YOU apologize to ME for lying.

Agreed??

Go back and reread. I am not going to do the work for you. I have presented it many times because you are so hard headed. I have presented the Scriptural proof.

Make sure you hold your breath waiting for my apology.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three distinct Persons.

"Three distinct persons"?

Is that A scriptural quote?

Any other definition is heresy - and it's definitely NOT Christian . . .

Hummmmm. Surely something of such importance....you are using a Scriptural quote? Where is that in Scripture?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hummmmm. Surely something of such importance....you are using a Scriptural quote? Where is that in Scripture?

(Is. 48:16)

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and reread. I am not going to do the work for you. I have presented it many times because you are so hard headed. I have presented the Scriptural proof.

Make sure you hold your breath waiting for my apology.

Stranger
In other words - you WON'T accept my challenge because you CAN'T show me where you presented the Scriptural "proof" for your lies.

Pretty much what I expected from you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are just a few verses that show the reality of the Trinity . . .

The Trinity, as Shown in Scripture
Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Matt. 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Fatherthe Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

1 Cor. 12:4-6
"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."

2 Cor. 13:14,

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these THREE are ONE.

The Father is God
Ephesians 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Psalm 68:5
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Isaiah 63:16
For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 8:41
You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

1 Thessalonians 3:13
So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus.

The Son is God
Isaiah 7:14

All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

John 1:3
ALL things were made by HIM (Jesus); and without him was not ANY thing made that was made.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30
“I and the Father are ONE."

John 15:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!”

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you *ANOTHER Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
*This word in Greek means, “another of the SAME kind.”

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord IS the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?

John 14:23
Jesus replied: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him.

Acts 5:3-4
But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually...the proof shows a plurality....not necessarily a trinity.

When Jesus says... "My Father and I"....that is a duality not a trinity.

Even in catholic dogma...the Holy Spirit is the love between Father and Son.

Check it out

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words - you WON'T accept my challenge because you CAN'T show me where you presented the Scriptural "proof" for your lies.

Pretty much what I expected from you . . .

Your challenge is as much of a facade as you are. I have proven it many times and now you want a 'challenge'. Just go back and reread. Tell, me who does a Roman priest confess his sins to? The pope? Better give him a call.

Stranger

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your challenge is as much of a facade as you are. I have proven it many times and now you want a 'challenge'. Just go back and reread. Tell, me who does a Roman priest confess his sins to? The pope? Better give him a call.

Stranger
You can't possibly be that ignorant.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
No - it's a legitimate challenge.
YOU think it's a "facade" because you can't lie your way out of it this time.

ONE more time:
IF you have Scriptural proof that Eve "acknowledged" that she was "Mother of ALL the living" and Abraham "acknowledged" that he was "Father of a "Multitude of nations" - then let's have it.

Otherwise - you have ZERO grounds for demanding Scriptural proof for Peter "acknowledging" his God-given Primacy (Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 20:19-25).

So far, your case is as impotent as a Nevada Boxing Commissioner . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually...the proof shows a plurality....not necessarily a trinity.

When Jesus says... "My Father and I"....that is a duality not a trinity.

Even in catholic dogma...the Holy Spirit is the love between Father and Son.

Check it out
Then you need to address the DOZENS of verses that I presented.
Start with this one:

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

This passage acknowledges that the Holy Spirit is GOD Himself.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it's a legitimate challenge.
YOU think it's a "facade" because you can't lie your way out of it this time.

ONE more time:
IF you have Scriptural proof that Eve "acknowledged" that she was "Mother of ALL the living" and Abraham "acknowledged" that he was "Father of a "Multitude of nations" - then let's have it.

Otherwise - you have ZERO grounds for demanding Scriptural proof for Peter "acknowledging" his God-given Primacy (Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 20:19-25).

So far, your case is as impotent as a Nevada Boxing Commissioner . . .

Either go back and reread or shut up.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either go back and reread or shut up.

Stranger
Sure - just tell me which post and I will reread it.
At least point me to the post.

If you can't do that - then you NEVER had a case - and everybody here knows it . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure - just tell me which post and I will reread it.
At least point me to the post.

If you can't do that - then you NEVER had a case - and everybody here knows it . . .

As I said, if you don't want to go back and reread, just shut up.

Stranger

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then you need to address the DOZENS of verses that I presented.
Start with this one:

This passage acknowledges that the Holy Spirit is GOD Himself.

The Holy Spirit is a part of God. God is Spirit. And His Spirit is attached to Him. It doesn't have to be a separate person. My hand reaches out. It is a part of me. But it is not a separate person.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Spirit is a part of God. God is Spirit. And His Spirit is attached to Him. It doesn't have to be a separate person. My hand reaches out. It is a part of me. But it is not a separate person.
Another denial of Bible truth. The Holy Spirit is indeed the THIRD PERSON of the triune Godhead. You should search the Scriptures. Please note the words of Christ carefully and understand what He says:

But when the Comforter [the Holy Spirit, the third Person] is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father [the first Person], even the Spirit of truth [the Holy Spirit, the third Person] which proceedeth from the Father [the first Person], he shall testify of me: [Christ, the second Person] (John 15:26)

We know from Scripture that there are THREE DIVINE PERSONS in the Godhead: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, [the first Person] and of the Son, [the second Person] and of the Holy Ghost [the third Person] (Mt 28:19).

I am simply amazed at all the errors that are being presented by people on Christian forums. I trust you will acknowledge your error and believe the truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? That's the best you can do??
That would be as silly as Peter saying, "You have not lied to men but you have lied to God's foot!"

Pretty WEAK . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, if you don't want to go back and reread, just shut up.

Stranger
And, as I said - if you can't point me to the post - you NEVER had a case to begin with.
"Just shut up" is pathetic argument . . .

Suffice it to say - Peter doesn't have to "acknowledge" having God-given Authority for it to be true - just as Eve didn't "acknowledge" being "Mother of ALL the Living" and Abraham didn't "acknowledge" being "Father of a multitude of nations."

Case CLOSED.