Upon THIS Rock I will build my Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a Scripturally and historically bankrupt person.

As I have already educated you – the Bible is not meant to be a history Book of the Church – just its beginning. As I further educated you – NONE of the successors to the Apostles are mentioned in Scripture, so we look to history. For that matter, MUCH of what Jesus did after His Resurrection isn’t recorded in Scripture (John 21:25). Does that mean that He WASN’T there?

Your arguments are childish and frankly, stupid because you don’t even attempt to argue with reason. You just ignorantly shoot from the hip like every other angry anti-Catholic.

And AGAIN, as to Eve and Abraham – can you repost this Scriptural evidence you claim to have? At the very least– point me to the post where you presented this “evidence”.

I can’t WAIT to see this . . .

You haven't educated anyone in anything other than a true representative of the Roman papacy and pope is to be arrogant and belligerent.

Yes, yes, I have heard you before. I have already given several times the proofs of Adam and Eve and Abraham. You were found ignorant of both. You were found lying about what I said. So, what you need to do is go back and reread.

You're playing a silly game.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't even quote it correctly...

Jesus did not give the Holy Spirit any authority. None. Much less Peter. That's the point, and the failure of your whole position.
And WHO said that Jesus gave the Holy Spirit “Authority”??
Certainly NOT me so keep your pathetic lies to yourself.

I said that Peter had Authority BECAUSE of the Holy Spirit:

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.

But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, HE (the Holy Spirit) will guide you to all truth. HE (the Holy Spirit) will not speak on his own, but HE (the Holy Spirit) will speak what HE (the Holy Spirit) hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

HE (the Holy Spirit) will glorify me, because HE (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is mine and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that
HE (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is mine and declare it to YOU.

Next time - R*E*A*D what I posted before responding . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One only has to Look at the EVIDENCE of ones own words and what they promote to comprehend their Standing.

The one who has Named himself...BreadOfLife; consistently attempts To Brand ANYONE not In Agreement with him and his Catholic religion and his holy fathers the popes; As dishonest and a liar.

I see BOL as a true representative of the Catholic Religion, and a detriment to the Word of God.

God Bless,
Taken
Oh, Taken – you never learn.

As I have repeatedly educated you ono MANY occasions – I don’t have a problem with anybody who simply “disagrees” with the Catholic Church. It’s only the ones who resort to LIES, myths and fairy tales that I feel need to be exposed.

As I have admonished YOU and many of your other anti-Catholic cohorts here: Don’t lie and you WON’T be exposed by me.

It’s really THAT simple . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I just said in my LAST post – IF you have Scriptural evidence of Eve “acknowledging” her role as the “Mother of ALL the living” and Abraham “acknowledging” his role as “Father of a multitude of nations” – then PRODUCE it.

I’ll tell ya what – IF you can do that – I will formally apologize to you for accusing you of lying.
HOWEVER – if you can’t present this Scriptural proof – then YOU apologize to ME for lying.

Agreed??

I gave you Scriptural proof. Go back and reread.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And WHO said that Jesus gave the Holy Spirit “Authority”??
Certainly NOT me so keep your pathetic lies to yourself.

I said that Peter had Authority BECAUSE of the Holy Spirit:

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.

But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, HE (the Holy Spirit) will guide you to all truth. HE (the Holy Spirit) will not speak on his own, but HE (the Holy Spirit) will speak what HE (the Holy Spirit) hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

HE (the Holy Spirit) will glorify me, because HE (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is mine and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that
HE (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is mine and declare it to YOU.

Next time - R*E*A*D what I posted before responding . . .
Now you have circled back, and still you do not see that Jesus did not give Peter any more authority than He gave the Holy Spirit.

Should I act like you and ask if you need help with your reading? ...Oh, no - that would be rude, and childish, and lacking the love of Christ.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
SDA: You are Ellen White and upon this Ellen White I will build my church in 1860, and the gates of hell shall prevail until then.
Perhaps you feel left out that I only mentioned BOL and not you. You both appear very in tune with a well taught lesson on how to deal with people who do not agree with things you promote, calling it Catholicism. You both promote yourselves as having all the knowledge of protocols promoted by your Church.

What you seem oblivious to; IS there are others who claim to ALSO be Catholic and make Claims on behalf of "the Catholic Religion". Well friend, Other "Catholics" are heard just as you and BOL are, and they don't always mesh with what you guys say.

It must be a tremendous responsibility for you and BOL to always be Correct and Protestants, liars and dishonest!

You might try first being involved in educating "your own Catholic brothers and sisters" before wagging your tongue at Protestants who have heard testimonies from "your Catholic brothers and sisters"....and recognize it is okay for Protestants to not be in agreement with you.

And BTW, there was no need for you to show me your certificate of hypocrisy.

God Bless,
Taken
I got a rule violation and you didn't. And I know why.
I have never claimed to be an expert apologist. We do, however, have the freedom to defend and explain our faith within our sphere of competence. Admonishing the sinner is one of the Seven Acts of Mercy. Anti-Catholicism is a tradition of men. Most Protestants are not anti-Catholic. "Disagreement" has nothing to do with repeating the same lie 50 times, or false histories. That degenerates even further with cults, and certain brands of evangelicals and fundamentalists. There are religions whose primary target is the Catholic Church, and most of their resources are committed to spreading lies. Matt Slick, and the SDA come to mind.

June 11, 2014

Pope Francis received a delegation of 15 US Protestants and Mormons at the Vatican on June 5.

Westmont College President Gayle Beebe wrote, “The Pope invited the Protestant leaders to discuss the question: ‘Can we find common ground in order to advance the life and ministry of Jesus so more people can experience the joy of Christian faith?’”

Members of the delegation included Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, former US Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne, and televangelist Joel Osteen.

“I just felt very honored and very humbled,” said Osteen, according to a Christian News Network report. “It was amazing. And even to go back into that part of the Vatican-- there’s so much history there, the place that they took us through. You feel that deep respect and reverence for God.”

ken-copeland-pope-francis-tony-palmer-front-row.jpg

...and the conspiracy theorists go nuts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you have circled back, and still you do not see that Jesus did not give Peter any more authority than He gave the Holy Spirit.

Should I act like you and ask if you need help with your reading? ...Oh, no - that would be rude, and childish, and lacking the love of Christ.
And after 3 attempts at trying to explain to you that Jesus didn't "give" the Holy Spirit Authority - I'm beginning to understand why you're so confused.

Jesus gave PETER Authority. the Holy Spirit is God and doesn't get Authority fro Jesus.
Allow me to educate you on the Trinity:
The Father is God.
The Son is God
The Holy Spirit is God.

ONE Being manifested in Three distinct Persons.

The Father is not the Son or the holy Spirit.
The Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son.

There ends the lesson.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, Taken – you never learn.

As I have repeatedly educated you ono MANY occasions – I don’t have a problem with anybody who simply “disagrees” with the Catholic Church. It’s only the ones who resort to LIES, myths and fairy tales that I feel need to be exposed.

As I have admonished YOU and many of your other anti-Catholic cohorts here: Don’t lie and you WON’T be exposed by me.

It’s really THAT simple . . .

The simplicity IS;
You were never solicited to be MY educator.
I have been very clear, Christ Jesus IS my Teacher and I promote others TO Also Seek Christ Jesus for Him to be considered To Be Others Teacher, and God Himself Thee Holy Father.

You should have learned; Being a bully IS Not a method JESUS taught to teach others about Himself.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The simplicity IS;
I have been very clear, Christ Jesus IS my Teacher and I promote others TO Also Seek Christ Jesus for Him to be considered To Be Others Teacher, and God Himself Thee Holy Father.
You sound just like the Pope.
quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-the.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SDA: You are Ellen White and upon this Ellen White I will build my church in 1860, and the gates of hell shall prevail until then.

Not a clue who Ellen White is ??

Perhaps an example?

However, Thee Church IS clearly Christ Jesus' Church. Christ IS the Foundation of His Church. "ANY" of mankind "WHO" trusts to believe IN "Jesus IS the Christ" AND "attest" To That Belief, (from the TRUE testimony of Their HEART), such person Becomes a Member of Christ's Church, As Christ IS the immovable, unwavering, everlasting, ROCK Foundation OF "HIS" Church, and Added Members, cause the EFFECT of the continual BUILDING OF Christ's Church.

I got a rule violation and you didn't. And I know why.
I have never claimed to be an expert apologist.

Irrelevant comment, since I never mentioned that.

Rather, I find you and BOL promoting yourselves as experts in Catholicism.

We do, however, have the freedom to defend and explain our faith within our sphere of competence.

Sure you do, and a Protestant has the same liberty to promote Jesus' Teachings, Jesus' Church, and The Understanding of "Thee" Holy Father; God Himself.

Admonishing the sinner is one of the Seven Acts of Mercy.

If you HAVE A List of "these mentioned" SEVEN ACTS.... What are They?

And When have you identified you are Admonishing a person, according TO anything specific .... Identified with your so-called LIST?

Anti-Catholicism is a tradition of men. Most Protestants are not anti-Catholic.

Is your term "anti-Catholic" on your List of "Seven acts of mercy"?

Does you being Pro-Catholic make YOU anti- Protestant?

"Disagreement" has nothing to do with repeating the same lie 50 times, or false histories.

What is your evidence that the same LIE has been repeated 50 times?

And what specifically Is this LIE you are speaking of?

"That" degenerates even further with cults, and certain brands of evangelicals and fundamentalists.

"THAT" is your Accusation, toward what you call CULTS and evangelicals and fundamentalists.....without identifying the supposed LIE.... and Who "from" such cult, evangelical, or Fundamentalist are You charging?

You seem to overlook...
You are the one making the claims for others;
You have decided to declare the terms;
Anti-Catholic, evangelical, fundamentalist, cult......AND? WHO has made those claims for THEMSELVES, for "you" to make those claims, when a person himself hasn't?

There are religions whose primary target is the Catholic Church,

So? The Catholic Church is not unique. Many religions and places of Worship are rejected as being inline with ones own Church and religion.

Who is your "target" when you call people "anti-Catholic" ?

and most of their resources are committed to spreading lies.

I wouldn't know about that. What I do know is what I have learned from MEMBERS of other religious affiliations, and have no interest in what they promote, thus reject the idea of consideration to become a MEMBER of "their" religious sect....
I do not agree with Islamic teaching, Buddhist teaching, and a great deal of Catholic teaching....thus I have no interest in being a MEMBER of their religious organizations.

Matt Slick, and the SDA come to mind.

Don't know him, and have not seen him on this forum or seen anything promoting him.

June 11, 2014

Pope Francis received a delegation of 15 US Protestants and Mormons at the Vatican on June 5.

Westmont College President Gayle Beebe wrote, “The Pope invited the Protestant leaders to discuss the question: ‘Can we find common ground in order to advance the life and ministry of Jesus so more people can experience the joy of Christian faith?’”

Why would you think your "holy father" extending an invitation to a few men be a highlighted interest to me?

Members of the delegation included Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, former US Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne, and televangelist Joel Osteen.

That's nice a few US governmental reps accepted an invitation to meet with your pope. I hope the American People did not provide the FUNDS for this exclusive invitation.

“I just felt very honored and very humbled,” said Osteen, according to a Christian News Network report. “It was amazing. And even to go back into that part of the Vatican-- there’s so much history there, the place that they took us through. You feel that deep respect and reverence for God.”

That's nice, how Osteen felt to have the opportunity to view the hoards of priceless artifacts the Vatican has collected and it made him feel the reverence for God!

Personlly, I don't require observing hoards of artifacts to feel the reverence for God.

..and the conspiracy theorists go nuts.

That's a funny comment.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound just like the Pope.
quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-the.jpg

I do not care to be compared to "your holy father".

My following and delight in comparison is to follow and be like My Holy Lord God, Christ the Lord Jesus.

God Bless,
Taken

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By the looks of your posts, you twist, misrepresent and distort anything that is Catholic. I think you are angry because you lost the OSAS debate. There is nothing "Christian" about your constant insults, digs, misrepresentations, and condescending tone. Attacking us, and the Church the way you do is not in the Bible. Therefore, anti-Catholicism is a tradition of men. Maybe BoL has the patience to put up with your bigotry; I don't.

image.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
epistle ~ if it is your intent to dictate your feelings and charges TOWARD a particular person... In all honesty you should identify WHO you ARE speaking TO and your evidence FOR your charges.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simplicity IS;

You should have learned; Being a bully IS Not a method JESUS taught to teach others about Himself.
And, after ALL this time- YOU should have learned that it’s not about“bullying”.

It’s about exposing those - like YOU and Stranger and the usual cast of ignorantanti-Catholics. Since you guys refuse to stop lying – you will continue to be and PUBLICLY rebuked so that others here won’t beseduced by your lies (1 Tim. 5:20).

As for “educating” you – we learn from MANYsources in life – and I am simply one source that you can learn from, unless you enjoy being publicly exposed . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the looks of your posts, you twist, misrepresent and distort anything that is Catholic. I think you are angry because you lost the OSAS debate. There is nothing "Christian" about your constant insults, digs, misrepresentations, and condescending tone. Attacking us, and the Church the way you do is not in the Bible. Therefore, anti-Catholicism is a tradition of men. Maybe BoL has the patience to put up with your bigotry; I don't.

image.jpg
I don't think it's so much about my having patience.
It's more about destroying lies so that others won't be seduced by them.

Besides - I sometimes get a guilty pleasure exposing falsehoods and other moronic claims . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 440398, member: 7345....it's not about“bullying”...
[/QUOTE]

ignorant -
anti
-Catholics -
lying –
lies -

Already previously noted, your bullying tactics include namecalling and accusations.

Own it!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already previously noted, your bullying tactics include namecalling and accusations.

Own it!
And again - it's not about“bullying”.
Just try to control your lying and you won't have to deal with me.

I'm only here on a search and destroy mission.
I search out lies about the Church - and destroy them.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son IS the Father.
The Son IS thee Christ, and Christ IS the Power of God.
The Holy Spirit IS the Power of God.
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three distinct Persons.
Any other definition is heresy - and it's definitely NOT Christian . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you Scriptural proof. Go back and reread.

Stranger
Can you at least point me to the post?

Also - did I scare you off with my challenge?
Like I said in my LAST post – IF you have Scriptural evidence of Eve “acknowledging” her role as the “Mother of ALL the living” and Abraham “acknowledging” his role as “Father of a multitude of nations” – then PRODUCE it.

I’ll tell ya what – IF you can do that – I will formally apologize to you for accusing you of lying.
HOWEVER – if you can’t present this Scriptural proof – then YOU apologize to ME for lying.

Agreed??