US Gives More Than $4.1 Billion In Grants For LGBT Initiatives Worldwide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus said it is and burned Sodom alive.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

How does a Christian not know the scriptures?
When they're not one.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But TM knows. He/she just doesn't like what God said.
Someone that promoted a sin God calls abomination isn't here to change God's mind. They're here to attack God,his word,the faith,and advance all sins.

Those who defend them calling evil good and good evil,are either their second account or are false when identifying as in Christ.
A gay,anti-Bible,anti-Jesus,anti-God, person. Calling evil good is Satanic.Period.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't think there's much use in reporting people unless it's REALLY bad. Gotta have thick skin!
Thick skin is not a problem.

Apostasy is.

But you're probably right. Sin defenders are known by their posts.God will make them give account for every word.

It would be irresponsible of me to engage them and therein invite their fallen nature to further condemn themselves in replies.

Reactions: Jack

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's some encounter attitude youve got going for you.

I've gotten used to this kind of passive-aggressive harassment.

Some folks think that "Encounter Team" means "Door Mat Team." Sorry to disappoint.

I still like your avatar, tho. ;)

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've gotten used to this kind of passive-aggressive harassment.

Some folks think that "Encounter Team" means "Door Mat Team." Sorry to disappoint.

I still like your avatar, tho. ;)
Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

No passive aggressive behavior on my part. I never imagined encounter team was defined as defending a abominable sin promotor while belittling Christians.

Thanks for the avatar compliment.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

No passive aggressive behavior on my part. I never imagined encounter team was defined as defending a abominable sin promotor while belittling Christians.

Thanks for the avatar compliment.

But I'm not offended. And I'm often wrong.

And you're welcome.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus said it is and burned Sodom alive.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. Ezk 16:49

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. Ezk 16:49

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7)​

Is it hateful or is it fair to ask if you've ever read this?

It seems to me that taking Ezekiel 16:49 as a conclusive, comprehensive statement of the reason Sodom was destroyed could not be very accurate.

You'll notice, by the way, that the fire that consumed Sodom is not still burning. It would seem that the word "eternal" in Scripture, in its various forms, does not always indicate perpetuity but sometimes merely finality. Sodom has never been rebuilt.

This is, of course, a very controversial view and, strangely enough, loathed with seething by many Christians, as we'll soon likely discover.

There is a tendency for folks to see God as threatening when they are not seeking after Him, which is understandable to an extent.

But the Bible as a whole speaks more to the eagerness of God to have his children reconciled to Himself.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)​

Unfortunately, far too many Christians emphasize the former view. It is a form of idolatry and superstition instituted by the medieval church which, if cherished for too long, can drive a Christian right out of the arms of the One they claim to serve and, so very sadly, bars even more skeptics from the peace that passes understanding.

Strange that someone would detest the idea that the ones who ultimately reject God's love are destined to suffer only commensurate with the evil they've actually perpetrated when the judgment is set. A man named Edward Fudge made this his life's study. I started a thread about the subject a few years ago. It was closed down, not for being against forum rules in premise, but for participant's nastiness and being derailed by anti-cultists after 999 posts.

Of course, when one yields and commits their case to Christ, they suffer no executive judgment whatsoever.

Reactions: Wrangler

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said being

I'm afraid trying to make a hypothetical, legal distinction between tempting thoughts and indulgent ones only clouds the issue. After all, Jesus cleared that up pretty well in The Sermon On The Mount, didn't He?