US Gives More Than $4.1 Billion In Grants For LGBT Initiatives Worldwide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7)​

Is it hateful or is it fair to ask if you've ever read this?
No but the question is childish at best.

In short the term "strange flesh" occurs also in Gen 6. the angles or "sons of God" engaged in sex with the "daughters of man", resulting in a strange progeny called in the Hebrew "nephilim”. Not homosexuality but sex between different species of beings.

Sodom and Gomorrah warranted judgment before the angels ever showed up (Genesis 19:20). In fact, pending judgment was the reason the angels went to Sodom in the first place. it was not for the incident with Lot that Sodom was judged; rather, that incident simply demonstrated and confirmed immorality was rampant in Sodom, Gomorrah

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid trying to make a hypothetical, legal distinction between tempting thoughts and indulgent ones only clouds the issue. After all, Jesus cleared that up pretty well in The Sermon On The Mount, didn't He?

So if sexual orientation is, as all evidence shows, inborn than isn't God is creating people destined to burn in hell no matter what they do?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not being
You keep doing laps on ground already covered. It is acts that are the proper domain of moral judgement, i.e., sin, including homosexual acts. Not being.

Being feminized, you want to equate feeling and emotions with actions. But they are different:
  1. one happens in your skull that is subjective;
  2. the other happens outside your skull and is objecively determined.

Put simply, where you put your genitals is a choice.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep doing laps on ground already covered. It is acts that are the proper domain of moral judgement, i.e., sin, including homosexual acts. Not being.

Being feminized, you want to equate feeling and emotions with actions. But they are different:
  1. one happens in your skull that is subjective;
  2. the other happens outside your skull and is objecively determined.

Put simply, where you put your genitals is a choice.
Orientation that is being gay or straight or bi is not a choice.

Hatred is always a choice

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but the question is childish at best.

I was merely trying to see if my question would qualify for the sense of fairness and harmlessness that you typically demand. A childish aim at best, I suppose.

In short the term "strange flesh" occurs also in Gen 6. the angles or "sons of God" engaged in sex with the "daughters of man", resulting in a strange progeny called in the Hebrew "nephilim”. Not homosexuality but sex between different species of beings.

There is no hermeneutical connection between the two passages of Scripture whatsoever. The possibility of sexual relations between angels and humans is preposterous for obvious reasons, contrary to fringe interpretations of Genesis 6.

Sodom and Gomorrah warranted judgment before the angels ever showed up (Genesis 19:20). In fact, pending judgment was the reason the angels went to Sodom in the first place. it was not for the incident with Lot that Sodom was judged; rather, that incident simply demonstrated and confirmed immorality was rampant in Sodom, Gomorrah

Unless you can provide some compelling evidence that Jude 1:7 is referring to strange, non-human flesh, you're impeaching your own objection here.

So if sexual orientation is, as all evidence shows, inborn than isn't God is creating people destined to burn in hell no matter what they do?

But it isn't (because all evidence does not show), so He isn't.

Homosexual indulgence, whether in thought, word, or action is sinful.

You can object to that all you want, but it's non-negotiable to the folks you're engaging.

And unrepentant sinners will be destroyed in the judgment.

I don't know how to get around that.

I don't think you're going to have much luck, either.

But Jesus saves.

To the uttermost

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think you would answer honestly! I think you're gay, anti Christian, anti Bible and an OBSESSED gay promoter leading gays to Hell fire. Now that's true HATRED!
Jack has spoken harshly but truly . Many now do the work of darkness to promote a dark agenda .
We must continue to expose it .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

US Gives More Than $4.1 Billion In Grants For LGBT Initiatives Worldwide​

The US government Servants are Just as Looney as their government Boss…

One minute they are crying they are broke and the next minute claiming they are going to dole out hundreds, millions, billions of funds they DO NOT HAVE.

They busy themselves securing LOANS on the Promise that the American People…who manufacture NOTHING, can barely keep afloat PAYING their OWN Loans and Ridiculous Borrowing on Credit.

They have already Traded off the Worth of Money, from gold, from silver, from assets to a gobbledygook numbers shifting game and now busy themselves in backroom Round-Table of Trading, Bartering and Selling Americans’s and America’s Liberty to the bidder who promises “them” a slice of the booty.

GAG!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was merely trying to see if my question would qualify for the sense of fairness and harmlessness that you typically demand. A childish aim at best, I suppose.
any thing can be used to promote hate if that is the intention.
There is no hermeneutical connection between the two passages of Scripture whatsoever. The possibility of sexual relations between angels and humans is preposterous for obvious reasons, contrary to fringe interpretations of Genesis 6.
Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Literal is now fringe?
Unless you can provide some compelling evidence that Jude 1:7 is referring to strange, non-human flesh, you're impeaching your own objection here.
just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these angels indulged in sexual perversion and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7
A reference to Gen 6 where the angles went after strange flesh. strange because it was between two different species.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. Ezk 16:49
Sodom was about men wanting men instead of wanting women. Just like now.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Literal is now fringe?

Somehow I'm not seeing the part where it literally says that angels are having sexual relations with humans.

And you needn't bother with the Job 1:6 & 2:1 reference because I've read 1 John 3:1 and I work to solve paradoxic difficulties—I don't look for "contradictions" so I can take one side to suit my own desires.

So, no, literal is not fringe.

just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these angels indulged in sexual perversion and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7
A reference to Gen 6 where the angles went after strange flesh. strange because it was between two different species.

Of the 48 English translations of the Bible listed on Biblehub.com, 6 use the word "angel" in Jude 1:7, all of which are listed in the "Modern Translations" column. The Greek of the text is mum on angels. The context is the fate of the ungodly—not the perversion of angels. The interpretation you pose is modern and postmodern.

To use some reasoning of your own:

"any thing can be used to promote" perversion "if that is the intention."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the modern CEV translation:

We should also be warned by what happened to the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah[a] and the nearby towns. Their people became immoral and committed all sorts of sexual sins. Then God made an example of them and punished them with eternal fire.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sodom was about men wanting men instead of wanting women. Just like now.

It's understandable for people of our generation to take this view. We watched "Father Knows Best" and "Leave It To Beaver" growing up.

The problem is, the philosophy of despair that is postmodernism has taught people that heterosexuals can also do whatever they want with and to each other, and since Christ says that the situation in Sodom was just like that which will be before His second coming, I think it's safe to say that sodomy is more than just homosexuality which, to be fair, is only cited specifically after the cities of the plain were already pronounced doomed.

TinMan is right about that much, but as he argued earlier in the case of Baptust ministers, can we be naive enough to imagine that the idea of homosexual rape was invented on Lot's doorstep?

I hope you'll see clear to take this in the spirit intended. :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you take Creative Interpretation classes or something?

There is no hermeneutical connection between the two passages of Scripture whatsoever.
Agreed. He's so lost. Moral poles reversed. He cannot see he's promoting evil.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Literal is now fringe?

Somehow I'm not seeing the part where it literally says that angels are having sexual relations with humans.

And you needn't bother with the Job 1:6 & 2:1 reference because I've read 1 John 3:1 and I work to solve paradoxic difficulties—I don't look for "contradictions" so I can take one side to suit my own desires.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you take Creative Interpretation classes or something?

Agreed. He's so lost. Moral poles reversed. He cannot see he's promoting evil.
Oh, I believe his intention is to do just that.

He's encouraged in that effort by one you'd wrong think should stop his behaviors against Christians here.
It's a travesty of many faces.

Claiming God is wrong to judge Sodomites, and Sodomy is perfectly natural and morally righteous is a platform wholly opposed to the Christian faith.
It's to be understood by the effort they seek validation in their sin.

That they arrive in a community that cannot do that should inform as to their actual motive for being here.

Mockery, is just the beginning.
They're sick in their sin. And proudly defend the sin we know calls them damned.

Imagine defending their right to be so.