USA riots

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say blacks are more apt to commit crimes; and there are several reasons for that. One is lack of opportunity; another is lack of education; another is the culture of feeling like everyone's against you; and another is that crime is often seen as easier than working especially in areas where good jobs are hard to find.

Blacks are more likely to be incarcerated too. If you take 100 black defendants and 100 white ones, more blacks will get jail time. How the parole system is also racist in some places. I think things have improved where I lived; but about ten years ago, if you were a white drug dealer (and a white drug dealer told me this), you got more supervision by your parole officer. You had to keep your job, couldn't live in a high crime area, etc. If you were black, the supervision was sketchy and there was a financial incentive for the justice system to be lax. Blacks would be sent back into drug-ridden areas, then watched by the police so they could arrest them again. There was money in it since the federal government pays local authorities for every drug conviction they get.
Number of murder victims in the United States in 2018, by race/ethnicity and gender
Capture.png

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On committing the crimes....at least 3:1 - Black:White..has not changed since the 60s
If that's true, and deaths are looked at in proportion to criminality, then it seems the imbalance is the other way, more "deaths per number of criminals" among whites than blacks?

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it means they contracted the illness because of the line of work they are in....such a medical staff.
Thank you. I would agree. Line of duty is not an exclusive reference to law enforcement. Line of duty: "all that is authorized, required, or normally associated with some field of responsibility."
One could have asked the same question as relates to the tally of airplane crashes, or heart attack.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how they would know.
I would hear on the news a doctor or nurse died after treating patients with the virus and then contracted it themselves and died....I am sure the death certificate has what occupation they had.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot more white people. If there were ten whites and two blacks on the street and the police killed two whites and one black, the odds of getting shot would be 20% for the whites but 50% for the blacks.
There is an excuse for everything isn’t there?

match this up with the amount and type of crime,, you get a better picture

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have just seen the most appalling scene on our late night news broadcast, of an American police officer pointing his gun at a child of no more that five as she site on her father's shoulders. It was only about two or three feet away from the child, No wonder so many US citizens are protesting, they are fed up with police corruption and brutality and any president worth his salt would have spoken out immediately against the unnecessary death of one of his citizens by the police. Mr Trump has lost the plot.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some clergy got some of the tear gas. It's ridiculous to use tear gas on peaceful protestors just so the President can go hold up a Bible in front of a church. A Republican Senator thought it was wrong and was courageous enough to say so.

GOP criticism muted on Trump's handling of protests

A Republican senator spoke out Tuesday against President Donald Trump's use of the Bible "as a political prop" as the president warned protesters he would deploy the U.S. military to end violent protests against police brutality.

Police used tear gas to clear peaceful demonstrators from a park Monday night near the White House so Trump could walk to a nearby church and pose with a Bible.

"There is no right to riot, no right to destroy others' property, and no right to throw rocks at police. But there is a fundamental — a Constitutional — right to protest, and I'm against clearing out a peaceful protest for a photo op that treats the Word of God as a political prop,'' Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse said Tuesday.

Too bad Senator Sasse isn't running for President. I think I would like to vote for him.

Disagree.

Presidents historically have attended St.John's long before the present Cleric was born, who thinks one needs an appointment.

As far as a President holding the Word of God in his hand Good for him!!!

The President is critized every which way...
He mentions God...
...he doesn't mention God enough.
He doesn't appear concerned about foreign affairs, illegals, education, jobs, healthcare...
... he takes advice from experts that doesn't work.
He is still a Citizen and Tweets...
...he shouldn't be human, but only a politician, smiling and saying what you want to hear.
...He should diet, eat differently, change his hair, blah, blah, blah.

Good grief, he is Not a Glued to the seat Insider Politician, groomed with years of all the underhanded Tricks of the politico scheming and BS. Thank God!

He doesn't need Anyone's (foreign or domestic) Dollars wheeling and making backroom deals.

I believe he is a genuine Lover of America, it's possibilities for the Nation AND its people.

And I believe we have Long Standing, well known, Deceptive, Backstabbing, Underhanded, Members of The Federal Government whose sole Purpose is to Undermine and squash the Liberty of All Americans...and Hope "they" are still the ones Sitting in the government in Comfort and Wealthy pleasures (on someone else's dime) Dictating how all the peons are subject to their every whim. It called Communism, or by today's term Extreme Lefty Liberal Democrap.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Presidents historically have attended St.John's long before the present Cleric was born, who thinks one needs an appointment.
He was not going there to attend church. I also never heard of a prior President using tear gas to get into St. John's. He went for a photo op.

As far as a President holding the Word of God in his hand Good for him!!!
Biden said it might be better if he read the Bible instead of waving it around.

The President is critized every which way...
He mentions God...
...he doesn't mention God enough.
He doesn't appear concerned about foreign affairs, illegals, education, jobs, healthcare...
... he takes advice from experts that doesn't work.
He is still a Citizen and Tweets...
...he shouldn't be human, but only a politician, smiling and saying what you want to hear.
...He should diet, eat differently, change his hair, blah, blah, blah.

Good grief, he is Not a Glued to the seat Insider Politician, groomed with years of all the underhanded Tricks of the politico scheming and BS. Thank God!
He should have stuck to what he was successful at -- TV.

He doesn't need Anyone's (foreign or domestic) Dollars wheeling and making backroom deals.

I believe he is a genuine Lover of America, it's possibilities for the Nation AND its people.
Why use so many threats then? I think he loves himself.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I also never heard of a prior President using tear gas to get into St. John's.
Why do you try to twist the truth? That is a typical liberal practice and you cannot even help yourself.

Tear gas is necessary to disperse rioters, looters, and anarchists wherever they appear. So are rubber bullets. Indeed the protection of the lives and properties of citizens is the primary responsibility of the President.

As a matter of fact, he should have been primed for this kind of lawlessness all along, and either the National Guard, or the military, or both, should have been dispatched within minutes of hearing about rioting, looting, and destruction of property. Every city (east and west coasts) should have received a contingent immediately.

Frankly, Trump has simply not been vigilant and tough enough about such incidents. And then he allowed himself to be bamboozled by Redfield, Fauci, and Birx so that America was destroyed internally. It would appear that he has substituted good, solid advisers for people who are determined to undermine him. But that is his choice. If he wants to sabotage himself, who's to stop him? But then he is also sabotaging America.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is news. If you click the link you'll see it is a news report that pertains to Florida, not Texas. In Texas the law is known as the Castle Doctrine. In Florida , Stand Your Ground.

I got it is news to Florida.
Nothing new to Texas.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And search pages back to find your words wherein you were saying that? Are you implying you didn't say Mr.Floyd resisted arrest because you didn't say precisely, Mr. Floyd resisted arrest?
You said Mr.Floyd resisted arrest when you spoke of his refusing to sit upright in the police car, saying the police could have perhaps tied him, but you didn't know Minnesota law, etc...

I perfer responses to my quotes.

Wrong. Mr.Floyd was placed on a stretcher, put into a responding ambulance, and transported to hospital. Later he was placed on a gurney and transported to the morgue.

Uh huh, I know, Because he refused to get in the Police Vehicle, while saying he was claustrophobic ...laughable, since he had been sitting in a vehicle when first approached by police.
It doesn't require Several police officers to get a Cooperative person into a police car.
The man was struggling and Uncooperative and making excuses to Not willingly, get in the police car...which then he WOULD have been transported to the police station, instead of the morgue.

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's true, and deaths are looked at in proportion to criminality, then it seems the imbalance is the other way, more "deaths per number of criminals" among whites than blacks?
Well all I have addressed in the cumulative crimes committed by each, from petty theft to murder...I have not implies\d deaths from these crimes in any way in this ratio...another way of saying it is like this....60-66 percent of the 'noted' recorded crime is committed by 15 percent of a race of folks...thanks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First I've heard the right to defend self and property named that. Thank you for sharing that. I wonder what Clint Eastwood thought when that made news.

There are states that have, Duty-To-Retreat, laws in place still. I always wondered how that would work were no witnesses about? Link
I find it odd that a victim has a duty to retreat under the law from someone intent on breaking the law against murdering them. How did that little detail escape those states legislature I wonder.

People have a lawful obligation to follow a directive of a police officer.

Police Officers giving commands and the person's response is asking questions, complainting, making excuses...IS "them" doing Everything but following the command, which is them being Uncooperative.

A person giving the Officer an "Initial" Uncooperative Response...will give the Officer "indication" trouble may be looming and they become more stern and forceful.

At any given moment an Officers life can be in danger. Little old ladies are carrying guns...teens are carrying guns and knives...drunks and drug induced suspects are often combative.

Every prudent person Should know Cooperation is paramount and not making sudden moves with ones hands.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I perfer responses to my quotes.
And you received one. I don't play that game where someone says this or that and then later when this or that is addressed, they respond with, show me where I said this or that.
If you don't recall your references to Mr.Floyd's arrest, is it my responsibility to seek them out for you?

It doesn't require Several police officers to get a Cooperative person into a police car.
The man was struggling and Uncooperative and making excuses to Not willingly, get in the police car...which then he WOULD have been transported to the police station, instead of the morgue.
You lost that argument the moment you blamed the victim for his own death given the video evidence and the coroners report.
As I said earlier, I look forward to your posting the video that supports your claims against Mr.Floyd. *(Or if you prefer, concerning Mr.Floyd)

I got it is news to Florida.
Nothing new to Texas.
:D:p

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have a lawful obligation to follow a directive of a police officer.

Police Officers giving commands and the person's response is asking questions, complainting, making excuses...IS "them" doing Everything but following the command, which is them being Uncooperative.

A person giving the Officer an "Initial" Uncooperative Response...will give the Officer "indication" trouble may be looming and they become more stern and forceful.

At any given moment an Officers life can be in danger. Little old ladies are carrying guns...teens are carrying guns and knives...drunks and drug induced suspects are often combative.

Every prudent person Should know Cooperation is paramount and not making sudden moves with ones hands.
A generality that has nothing to do with Mr.Floyd's actual situation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you try to twist the truth? That is a typical liberal practice and you cannot even help yourself.

Tear gas is necessary to disperse rioters, looters, and anarchists wherever they appear. So are rubber bullets. Indeed the protection of the lives and properties of citizens is the primary responsibility of the President.
The protesters on Pennsylvania Avenue were not "rioters, looters and "anarchists." Trump had previously said he had no problem with peaceful protesters, then someone ordered tear gas and rubber bullets so Trump could go have a picture taken of him holding a Bible in front of an Episcopal church which had caught fire earlier. No one was breaking the law however when they got attacked with tear gas and rubber bullets.
As a matter of fact, he should have been primed for this kind of lawlessness all along, and either the National Guard, or the military, or both, should have been dispatched within minutes of hearing about rioting, looting, and destruction of property. Every city (east and west coasts) should have received a contingent immediately.

Frankly, Trump has simply not been vigilant and tough enough about such incidents. And then he allowed himself to be bamboozled by Redfield, Fauci, and Birx so that America was destroyed internally. It would appear that he has substituted good, solid advisers for people who are determined to undermine him. But that is his choice. If he wants to sabotage himself, who's to stop him? But then he is also sabotaging America.
Who's to stop him? The voters next November. Now he's also offended the Catholics by visiting a shrine to get another picture taken. Does this man ever learn from his mistakes?

Trump signs executive order on religious freedom, as DC archbishop slams Trump visit to Catholic shrine

Earlier Tuesday, Trump and first lady Melania Trump paid a visit to the National Shrine in Washington, a place of prayer for Catholics. It came after Trump on Monday night walked out of the White House and across the street to St. John’s Episcopal Church, which caught fire amid the protests following Floyd’s death.

During their visit to the shrine, they laid a wreath under the statue of Saint John Paul II. They also visited the Luminous Mysteries Chapel, John Paul II Blood Relic, and the Madonna Icon.

But Washington Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory delivered a scathing condemnation of the president’s visit, saying he opposed letting the president visit the site.

"I find it baffling and reprehensible that any Catholic facility would allow itself to be so egregiously misused and manipulated in a fashion that violates our religious principles, which call us to defend the rights of all people even those with whom we might disagree,” the archbishop said in a statement. “Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth. He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

Reactions: Taken

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Notice? There's not the outrage for terrorists lighting a church afire. Rather, the narrative is to put blame on Trump for walking across the street to the church that was set afire.

I don't believe Trump realizes his enemies are as close as Fauci, Redfield, and Birx. I disagree that he would sabotage America where his children, grandchildren, and their children, will have to live long after he is gone.

I believe President Trump could stand beside someone from the CDC who in a press conference announced a new find, a cure for all cancers. And then that person credit in part a Trump charity for its diligence in the laboratory to arrive at that cure, privately funded research by the Trump family. And all the Left wing media anti-Trumpeters would report would be this: TRUMP ANNOUNCES CURE FOR CANCER TO INSURE HIS RE-ELECTION IN NOVEMBER.

He can't win. However, he is winning and doing good for the country and has been since he entered the office. We know this because the Left has to make up stories against him in the hopes it torpedoes's the good he's done. It fails though because the good that has been achieved is experienced by the working class and small businesses.
The Covid-19 pandemic is a mere derail. I think that these riots are part of the Left wing agenda to stir up the masses to make yet one more thing, "Trump's fault!".
It isn't of course but the most ardent Trump hater won't know the difference.

When car bombs are feared as masses descend on the White House, and citizens mock security measures to keep our President, his family, and the VP and his family safe, it becomes clear the Left's propaganda has seeded itself deeply into certain psyches. And those same minds are that which make fear for our leaders life an issue.

Pray for America and our President. The enemy is ever more determined than before. And he has recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.