USA riots

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to remind everyone: most places in America have not seen one iota of violence or looting. My neighborhood has been peaceful. My black neighbors are still smiling and greeting me in a friendly manner and my black clients are still very pleasant.
Most of us do not recall the riots from the 1960s. I can tell you, the scenes were much worse back then. In the 60s, police pummeled hoards of protesters and loaded paddy-wagons beyond capacity. Police brutality was hardly mentioned back then. It was bloody and the protests were eventually quelled. America is very likely to be fine after this (it would help if that cop got the death penalty; and, some charges for the other three).
Most of the rioting is in the big cities and in blue/Liberal states (my state is conservative; people like me will be bailing out the irresponsible people in blue states - they'll raise our taxes to help these looted cities).
There are more people trying to stir things up among the crowds, compared to the 60s; that is different. Using cell phones to coordinate looting endeavors is new because of the computer age. Antifa is using modern methods to circumvent police efforts. The real question is: will this rioting turn the American people against the deceptive practices on the Left? Is the Leftist news media being revealed for who they really are? Or, will more Americans continue to follow their leaders like sheep to the slaughter.

BTW: In America, twice as many white people are killed by police, compared to black people killed by police. Our news media will not report these statistics (because it has become racist to report such things).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW: In America, twice as many white people are killed by police, compared to black people killed by police. Our news media will not report these statistics (because it has become racist to report such things).
Those numbers shouldn't surprise anyone since there's a lot more white people. The chart has the ratio at 1.57 (using the 2019 numbers).

By the 2010 census, 72.4% of the population is white and 12.6% black. That means there are 5.74 times as many whites as blacks. Divide the two ratios and you find that the average black person is 3.6 times likely to be killed by the police than a white one.

I'd predict if you live in a town with no blacks, no blacks will be likely to be killed by the police.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes this is correct....and it was reported by one news station that many of the rioters were bussed in from out of town and out of state.....there is even a video of a car pulling up and handing them bricks to throw.
That is true. This happens whenever ANTIFA or BLM show up to riot anywhere in America. Buses pulled up at one scene a year or so ago and let people out to join BLM in rioting.
Under this President, God bless him, I think they've got a surprise coming. Soros provides the money, his little devils hand it out and recruit fools whom they've told, don't worry, if you're arrested it'll be just a fine. And we'll pay that too!
But no! That's not happening. These anarchists, (ANTIFA) and racists (BLM) are categorized as terrorists now. They're being arrested, some are facing the terrorist statutes in the state where they acted up, and prison time. Years of prison time.
Biden doesn't discourage it. Pelosi has said it is their right to protest. I fear she thinks protesting is conflated with murder, assault on police, violence against whites, vandalism and destruction of property. Occupied or not.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have the greatest country in the world,” he said. Who is he kidding? The events of Tiananmen Square springs to mind! The bishops have quite rightly condemned his actions as he uses a church building and a bible for “partisan political purposes” and the bishop of that particular church said she was “outraged” that Trump had visited her church without advance notice. She said “I am going to do everything in my power to disassociate our church from what the president did tonight.”

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a white should I screen racism because more whites have been shot?

thanks for the info
There's a lot more white people. If there were ten whites and two blacks on the street and the police killed two whites and one black, the odds of getting shot would be 20% for the whites but 50% for the blacks.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have the greatest country in the world,” he said. Who is he kidding? The events of Tiananmen Square springs to mind! The bishops have quite rightly condemned his actions as he uses a church building and a bible for “partisan political purposes” and the bishop of that particular church said she was “outraged” that Trump had visited her church without advance notice. She said “I am going to do everything in my power to disassociate our church from what the president did tonight.”
Some clergy got some of the tear gas. It's ridiculous to use tear gas on peaceful protestors just so the President can go hold up a Bible in front of a church. A Republican Senator thought it was wrong and was courageous enough to say so.

GOP criticism muted on Trump's handling of protests

A Republican senator spoke out Tuesday against President Donald Trump's use of the Bible "as a political prop" as the president warned protesters he would deploy the U.S. military to end violent protests against police brutality.

Police used tear gas to clear peaceful demonstrators from a park Monday night near the White House so Trump could walk to a nearby church and pose with a Bible.

"There is no right to riot, no right to destroy others' property, and no right to throw rocks at police. But there is a fundamental — a Constitutional — right to protest, and I'm against clearing out a peaceful protest for a photo op that treats the Word of God as a political prop,'' Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse said Tuesday.

Too bad Senator Sasse isn't running for President. I think I would like to vote for him.

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those numbers shouldn't surprise anyone since there's a lot more white people. The chart has the ratio at 1.57 (using the 2019 numbers).

By the 2010 census, 72.4% of the population is white and 12.6% black. That means there are 5.74 times as many whites as blacks. Divide the two ratios and you find that the average black person is 3.6 times likely to be killed by the police than a white one.

I'd predict if you live in a town with no blacks, no blacks will be likely to be killed by the police.
However, these numbers don't tell the full story.

What is the ratio between whites and blacks of who commits crimes?

Much love!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not News.
Texas already has laws for individuals to use Deadly Force to protect their Person and Property.
It is news. If you click the link you'll see it is a news report that pertains to Florida, not Texas. In Texas the law is known as the Castle Doctrine. In Florida , Stand Your Ground.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so glad there is enough to see of the You Tube title to know its content. I can't unsee the brutality that would follow after I hit play. God be with that poor woman. And God forgive the officer his acts. Amen.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is news. If you click the link you'll see it is a news report that pertains to Florida, not Texas. In Texas the law is known as the Castle Doctrine. In Florida , Stand Your Ground.
In Oklahoma it is known as Make My Day Law....after the Clint Eastwood movie Dirt Harry...

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you could quote me making that statement.
And search pages back to find your words wherein you were saying that? Are you implying you didn't say Mr.Floyd resisted arrest because you didn't say precisely, Mr. Floyd resisted arrest?
You said Mr.Floyd resisted arrest when you spoke of his refusing to sit upright in the police car, saying the police could have perhaps tied him, but you didn't know Minnesota law, etc...

Yep, I said that, from a video I observed.
I look forward to you posting that video here.

Guess that About wraps up the investigation....and after that they drove him to the police station, Right?
Wrong. Mr.Floyd was placed on a stretcher, put into a responding ambulance, and transported to hospital. Later he was placed on a gurney and transported to the morgue.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Oklahoma it is known as Make My Day Law....after the Clint Eastwood movie Dirt Harry...
First I've heard the right to defend self and property named that. Thank you for sharing that. I wonder what Clint Eastwood thought when that made news.

There are states that have, Duty-To-Retreat, laws in place still. I always wondered how that would work were no witnesses about? Link
I find it odd that a victim has a duty to retreat under the law from someone intent on breaking the law against murdering them. How did that little detail escape those states legislature I wonder.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I would say blacks are more apt to commit crimes; and there are several reasons for that. One is lack of opportunity; another is lack of education; another is the culture of feeling like everyone's against you; and another is that crime is often seen as easier than working especially in areas where good jobs are hard to find.

Blacks are more likely to be incarcerated too. If you take 100 black defendants and 100 white ones, more blacks will get jail time. How the parole system is also racist in some places. I think things have improved where I lived; but about ten years ago, if you were a white drug dealer (and a white drug dealer told me this), you got more supervision by your parole officer. You had to keep your job, couldn't live in a high crime area, etc. If you were black, the supervision was sketchy and there was a financial incentive for the justice system to be lax. Blacks would be sent back into drug-ridden areas, then watched by the police so they could arrest them again. There was money in it since the federal government pays local authorities for every drug conviction they get.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2020 | Statista

I tried to copy and paste the chart but it wouldn't copy...
Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2020 - ODMP

God have mercy on everyone.
animated-praying-smiley-image-0008.gif

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
On committing the crimes....at least 3:1 - Black:White..has not changed since the 60s

Status
Not open for further replies.