USA riots

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was not going there to attend church. I also never heard of a prior President using tear gas to get into St. John's. He went for a photo op.

Biden said it might be better if he read the Bible instead of waving it around.

He should have stuck to what he was successful at -- TV.

Why use so many threats then? I think he loves himself.

So? Why is any of that relevant?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you received one. I don't play that game where someone says this or that and then later when this or that is addressed, they respond with, show me where I said this or that.
If you don't recall your references to Mr.Floyd's arrest, is it my responsibility to seek them out for you?

I don't play the game of someone speaking for me. There is a quote feature you can show what another says and respond to their words.

You lost that argument the moment you blamed the victim for his own death

I never said that. If you had paid attention, and quoted me, I said the man was uncooperative.

given the video evidence and the coroners report.

There were two seeming separate autopsies performed on the dead man. The details and pathology reports were not yet completed yet reports were already being in the newspapers, leading half Truths to stir the pot.

As I said earlier, I look forward to your posting the video that supports your claims against Mr.Floyd. *(Or if you prefer, concerning Mr.Floyd)

Then you are looking forward to nothing, since I never said anything about posting any videos.

:eek:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

As an Australian, relying on the sound bites of the biased information that we receive here in Australia, I am not qualified to even voice an opinion or guess at what is occurring in the US.

Please forgive the outsiders to the US on this forum for daring to step over the line of opinion giving out of ignorance.

I know that I am not qualified to do such a rash thing as that.

Shalom

But but, I have some relatives over there, and 3 generations before me on dad's side, including dad being born in Tennessee and Great great grandma being a Cherokee Indian.

My relatives in USA are split between Republican and Democrat.

The riots are pretty bad. But something does need to be done about racial inequalities and police brutality.

-------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano and Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't play the game of someone speaking for me. There is a quote feature you can show what another says and respond to their words.
As we both know I am aware of that. And as we both know, I've responded in past pages to your claims of Mr.George Floyd's resistance to arrest. Interestingly, you claim you never said that and yet below you do say that once more.

I never said that. If you had paid attention, and quoted me, I said the man was uncooperative.
Again, the game of, I didn't precisely say....Though now you're reiterating Mr.Floyd resisted arrest. Which is what is known as being uncooperative. And again, I look forward to your providing video proof, as you claimed (did you forget you said that?) was available and which is why you've arrived at your opinion he resisted, was uncooperative, in his arrest.
I pray for Mr.Floyd's family. I will no longer entertain false claims against a man that was murdered by police.

There were two seeming separate autopsies performed on the dead man. The details and pathology reports were not yet completed yet reports were already being in the newspapers, leading half Truths to stir the pot.
Proof?
Here is one.

Then you are looking forward to nothing, since I never said anything about posting any videos.

:eek:
I as much expected that remark since you said you arrived at your opinion having seen the evidence you claim exists concerning Mr.Floyd's resisting arrest. If you saw it, it is on video for you to have seen it.
Point of fact is, there is no video of Mr.Floyd's resisting arrest because he never did. Videos that do exist prove this. Those videos have been posted.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
George Floyd death: Neck restraint allowed in Minneapolis can kill
The offending officer also had his other knee pressed into Mr.Floyd's back, preventing his lungs from expanding to breathe.

Readers need keep in mind, police sought Mr.Floyd for allegedly passing counterfeit money at a local retailer. That is no indication Mr.Floyd did this intentionally. And since he's now dead we'll never know the follow-up investigation results that could have ensued to find the source for that funny money.
I have friends who own a mail store that is also a print shack. One day not long ago they went to the bank to do the previous days business of deposits. And to get monies for the days register. When they returned to the office they marked the bills to check for counterfeit as a matter of course and found three one hundred dollar bills were counterfeit. They bring the pen to the bank now. But who would think one would need do this? One would think a bank would check their money before putting it in teller drawers for the days business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we both know I am aware of that. And as we both know, I've responded in past pages to your claims of Mr.George Floyd's resistance to arrest. Interestingly, you claim you never said that and yet below you do say that once more.

Yet again ... you are speaking for me.
I have not mentioned the man's name.
I do not recall mentioning RESISTING ARREST.
I expressly recall mentioning Uncooperating suspects.
And that is a Lie...I never said I did not claim that....I expressly asked you to quote me and you refused.

You commenting on my posts and rewording what "I" said is but you responding to yourself!

From what I saw and heard, my opinion is a man was uncooperative with the police.

I could care less if you agree or disagree with me.
I have no part whatsoever in investigating all the facts, nor do I believe you are appointed to investigate all the facts. Nor do I believe Being charged or accused is a determination or rendering of Guilt.

Done with your circle jerk nonsense.
I'll speak FOR myself.
You can respond to what "I say" or not, makes no difference to me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is remaining on topic as pertains to the riots set off due to the death of George Floyd impossible for you?

Are you the Topic Police of an Thread you did not start? Don't think so. Go bother someone else with your shenanigans.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I expressly recall mentioning Uncooperating suspects...

From what I saw and heard, my opinion is a man was uncooperative with the police.

Hello, Taken. Hope you are blessed.

While I'd like to see the conversation diffused, keep in mind is that blacks in this country have an ingrained distrust of authority and for good reason. Even as late as the 1960s they were being beaten and hung publicly, and to this day blacks are being killed by racially-prejudiced cops for practically nothing.

I know "simply being cooperative" sounds like the logical response for white Americans, but if we'd been the ones with the foot on our necks for two centuries, maybe we'd be a little leery about always being "cooperative" too.

God bless,
Hidden

Reactions: Helen

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet again ... you are speaking for me.
I have not mentioned the man's name.
I do not recall mentioning RESISTING ARREST.
I expressly recall mentioning Uncooperating suspects.
And that is a Lie...I never said I did not claim that....I expressly asked you to quote me and you refused.

You commenting on my posts and rewording what "I" said is but you responding to yourself!

I could care less if you agree or disagree with me.
I have no part whatsoever in investigating all the facts, nor do I believe you are appointed to investigate all the facts. Nor do I believe Being charged or accused is a determination or rendering of Guilt.

Done with your circle jerk nonsense.
I'll speak FOR myself.
You can respond to what "I say" or not, makes no difference to me.
Oh, my goodness. Now you're dodging by saying you never used Mr.George Floyd's name. You're not capable of adult conversation. Good day.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't believe there isn't a thread about this after what i've been seeing from here...

Speak up my American friends

I hate every minute of this. Looters and Rioters are destroying everything for political gain they took something that was bad and used it and they should all be shot and yeas I am at my breaking point right now I want to cry, I want to do the Hulk and I am angry at those people

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However you still need to address the initial incident that led to the riots, if that never happened, then the door of opportunity for the anarchist wouldn’t have arisen at this time.

Terrorist lead to the riots

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were rumors of looters going to a particular city here, armed business owners showed up to protect their businesses, looters showed up but cowardly left, a teenager was interviewed, asking why he and his buddies were there, they told the reporter they were there to loot, waiting for looters to break into the stores so they could also go in and steal.

Nothing about race, George Floyd, death, it is disrespectful to his family, imo.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racism In the Bible

“For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” 1 Corinthians 1:22-24.

Do "all" Greeks seek wisdom? Are there any exceptions to Jews seeking a sign? Is the Gospel a stumbling block for EVERY Jew? If you are a Greek, do you have to believe that the Gospel is "foolishness"?

Was Paul a "Racist"? Or did Paul tell us the truth about the pervasive culture of Jews and Greeks concerning their reaction to the Gospel??

In hyper-sensitive America, people would scream "Racist" if Paul said such a generalization to them today!

The weight of culture forms opinions, these opinions are in modern culture are called "Racist."

In the example of Minnesota, Blacks are offended and claim an injustice was because of skin color. For this, they have zero proof, but in the rush to virtue signal and declare their "victim status," they protest claiming "Racism." Now, many people of all races have protested the abuse and incompetence of the police force for their crimes and their dereliction of duty to protect and serve. Yet many of one race appear on television, being violent, throwing rocks and bottles, rampaging, looting, and burning cars and buildings, with no justifiable reason to do so besides racial entitlement!

I cannot respect their "culture"! If Blacks do not want people to thinks poorly of their culture, if they do not want people to think of them as violent animals that rampage, steal and commit arson, then why do their actions remove all doubt? As for the police, why would they employ a power-hungry bully and give him a license to kill, that he could look into a camera and sneer at people pleading for a man's life? How could his fellow police officers stand by and allow this obvious criminal abuse to occur when they are sworn to uphold the Constitution and to Protect and Serve their community? It is summed up in two words... Police Culture.

If you do not want people to assume that you are different and unworthy, don't display a "culture" that says that you are an uncontrollable racist animal! If you want respect for doing your job as a Police officer, follow through with Protecting and Serving, not Protecting the Blue Code and your arrogant sense of entitlement and supporting the impunity of fellow Officer's from being charged for the same crimes you would arrest or ticket anyone else in a heartbeat for!

If Paul wrote today, he could have observed Black and Police culture and generalized and been correct.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were rumors of looters going to a particular city here, armed business owners showed up to protect their businesses, looters showed up but cowardly left, a teenager was interviewed, asking why he and his buddies were there, they told the reporter they were there to loot, waiting for looters to break into the stores so they could also go in and steal.

Nothing about race, George Floyd, death, it is disrespectful to his family, imo.

One guy admitted that he was there to get paid and maybe Floyd but he actually said not really

Reactions: RainAndIceCream
Status
Not open for further replies.