USA riots

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess opposing parties will always seek to use situations to boost there ‘ supposedly moral high ground ‘ while being immorally involved and part of the problem.
It’s a common problem in so many countries.
How are the actual police responding to George’s death ?
I realise that they arrested the officer, but I get the impression from the timing that it was due to the video being released and the protests, rather than It being because they saw a wrong.
Rita
There is definitely a flaw in the system, from what I hear these men have had issues in the past. I have to wonder if part of the problem is Unions. It is so hard to fire people in a union system it is sometimes easier to not even try, I have been in a few Union jobs, and one things is certain, they stick together even if one of their members does something wrong, they fight for that person, they consider it a fight over the “system”. While the system is flawed, so is the response,

either way, why where they not disciplined, we may never know,

one thing is for sure, there is a business owner here in Columbus Ohio who was just getting ready to reopen, the rioters broke into her place of business, looted it and pretty much tore it up

where is her justice? No one will be charged for that crime, we demand justice for the murder, and I hope he gets it

but where is the demand for justice for the business owner who is already hurting because of lockdown? A local news channel posted an article on the Riots, they made this comment, “protestors say the broken system is more important than broken windows”. Really? Two wrongs do not make a right,

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racism In the Bible

“For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” 1 Corinthians 1:22-24.

Do "all" Greeks seek wisdom? Are there any exceptions to Jews seeking a sign? Is the Gospel a stumbling block for EVERY Jew? If you are a Greek, do you have to believe that the Gospel is "foolishness"?

Was Paul a "Racist"? Or did Paul tell us the truth about the pervasive culture of Jews and Greeks concerning their reaction to the Gospel??

In hyper-sensitive America, people would scream "Racist" if Paul said such a generalization to them today!

The weight of culture forms opinions, these opinions are in modern culture are called "Racist."

In the example of Minnesota, Blacks are offended and claim an injustice was because of skin color. For this, they have zero proof, but in the rush to virtue signal and declare their "victim status," they protest claiming "Racism." Now, many people of all races have protested the abuse and incompetence of the police force for their crimes and their dereliction of duty to protect and serve. Yet many of one race appear on television, being violent, throwing rocks and bottles, rampaging, looting, and burning cars and buildings, with no justifiable reason to do so besides racial entitlement!

I cannot respect their "culture"! If Blacks do not want people to thinks poorly of their culture, if they do not want people to think of them as violent animals that rampage, steal and commit arson, then why do their actions remove all doubt? As for the police, why would they employ a power-hungry bully and give him a license to kill, that he could look into a camera and sneer at people pleading for a man's life? How could his fellow police officers stand by and allow this obvious criminal abuse to occur when they are sworn to uphold the Constitution and to Protect and Serve their community? It is summed up in two words... Police Culture.

If you do not want people to assume that you are different and unworthy, don't display a "culture" that says that you are an uncontrollable racist animal! If you want respect for doing your job as a Police officer, follow through with Protecting and Serving, not Protecting the Blue Code and your arrogant sense of entitlement and supporting the impunity of fellow Officer's from being charged for the same crimes you would arrest or ticket anyone else in a heartbeat for!

If Paul wrote today, he could have observed Black and Police culture and generalized and been correct.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the same thing, there was some reference to the riots on the thread about American politics.
It’s a bit of an emotive subject - I read one news article that was trying to make out that George didn’t die from asphyxiation, but ‘ other health issues ‘ and that toxins could be part of the equation. Clearly the video speaks for itself.
We had riots in London years back when the same thing happened- it’s not the best way of dealing with things. I don’t have a problem with people protesting, think there needs to be a reaction to what has happened. How can a police officer kneel on a persons neck like that and not realise that it’s going to put pressure on his windpipe - that kind of restrain should be banned.
Rita

There are Legal means for any group to gather for a protest.

There are also Laws for people to OBEY police Officers.

When a "Suspect" or "person of interest" Refuses to "OBEY" a police Officer, in some States the Law authorizes a Police Officer to USE Deadly Force, when a Person Refuses to OBEY a Police Officer, or Other authorized person.

No person is Required to TALK to a Police Officer, but THEY ARE Required BY Law to OBEY a Police Officer, without Resistance.

It is NOT an Unknown Fact...once a person Disobeys or Resists a Police Officer...it could escalate to their own personal Harm or Detriment.

So what are the people "Rioting" about?
The "death" of a man, by a Police Officer.

The People "rioting" are Breaking the Law.

Whether the Dead man Broke any Law to be Contained by a Police Officer is Irrelevant.

A Police Officer, does not Judge Guilty or Not Guilty.
A police Officers Job is to Peacefully take into Custody person's of interest or suspects.
When the person disobeys, resists, threatens the Officer, or flees...that person has Violated the Law.

And the Unauthorized Rioters have Violated the Law by gathering without a permit and destroying others property.

Bottom Line...From DEAD man to RIOTERS LAWLESSNESS has Escalated and "THEY" are in the Wrong and should be Rightfully Punished.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: historyb and APAK

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One aspect of racial division in my experience is fear. You always heard that a white going into a colored neighborhood was endangering his life, and vice versa, the colored neighborhoods are seen as gang controlled areas, which are dangerous, so dangerous people try to get out of them. It is even shown on tv in movies and tv shows. So the persona is there and fear is real.

the problem is, the riots in disregard for human values and life just adds to that personal and will add to the tension, because in many’s view, the perception of a people are justified because they act out what is being said.

the saddest part is a lot of this is media driven in my view, and probably fed from some left agenda, and not the norm of the peaceful people who are trying to fight for change that in my view is needed.those guys murdered that man, and they all should be charged for willful intentional murder, they should be treated as any other murderer no matter what the color of their skin is or what jobs they hold

I fear I am watching the collapse of my nation, between corona virus, the extreme division between right and left and now this, I am losing hope my nation will recover, especially since God has been removed from society as a whole. We are witnessing in my view what happens when the blessing of God on his people cease, and God allows mankind to just do what he wants.
That makes me incredibly sad, but I think you have expressed what many are likely thinking, but afraid to admit.
Yes, if the holy Spirit has been grieved away from a nation, it even the individual, this allows the enemy more control, more leeway, more freedom to carry out his vindictive hatred upon humanity. This I believe we will eventually witness everywhere in the planet... But Christians who are firmly grounded in Christ, and connected to the Vine, may suffer in certain ways... Hunger... Deprived of certain freedoms... Relationships lost... Yet need not fear. And people who do not have Christ will recognise their calm and peace in the midst of the crisis, and want what they have.

R

Rita

Can I just thank you all for responding to my posts, and question, without taking offence at what I have asked- much appreciated. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to ask difficult questions in order to understand and see things from different prospectives- in order to weigh it all up from someone who is on the outside looking in xx

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a definite black/white issue; and we see that that the rule of law and order has disintegrated on both sides. Yes, white people are apt to see the burning, looting and other violence as threats.

And what is your legitimate reason for assuming that Whites have no reason to see violent, racist Blacks rampaging, screaming and throwing rocks at White people as somehow "unjustified" as a "threat? If hoards of people break the window of your business and rob you blind; then torch your building... how is that not a "threat"?

Thus there will be some whites who portray blacks as violent by nature -- and these white racists will be trying to gain influence and power by promoting the idea that whites need to suppress blacks and put them in their place.

Wanting Blacks to live in a civil way and not be violent by nature... is not "Racist"!

If Blacks are not culturally violent, then why do we always see Blacks committing these crimes every time they want to be the "Entitled Victim"?

The rule of law and order for black people is a bad joke in many places. It is in Minneapolis. When a white cop feels it's appropriate to put his knee on the neck of a handcuffed black man who's down on the ground, you can see something's desperately wrong.

Nonsense! The "Rule of Law" may not apply to the Police as was demonstrated in Minneapolis, but there is ZERO proof that this is a dual standard for White and Black. You just made that up to support a Racist argument!

You can be killed for a non-violent crime like trying to pass a counterfeit bill if you're black; but if you're a white cop and commit a really serious crime, you get extra protections from the system.

You assume that Cops do not abuse all people, and not just "Blacks." The only Racism here is your argument and accusations.

Amy Klobuchar used to be DA there. She did nothing to change that racist system.

The Boogeyman of "Racism" again! The issue is not Race! It is abuse of the System.

So what do you do if your black and living somewhere there is no real law and order? Are black people going to feel like obeying laws when they can see they aren't protected by the police?

So why do people choose to live in a Racist anti-white neighborhood that shoots at the Police and Fire Department personnel if they respond to help? Who is to blame for "no real law and order"? If the Police crack down and reclaim Law and Order... they are persecuted as Racists in the Media and that neighborhood!

They should, yes, they should. The rioting we're seeing is bad for black people.

Are you saying that Black people's I.Q. is so low that they participate in mass in an action that is detrimental to themselves?

something that t Businesses that are burnt out are probably not going to rebuild there. More white people will look at black people with fear and loathing. More police will look at them as dangerous.

And... would their judgment be based upon facts? Or will you just dismiss them as "Racists" to defend a "Culture" that is not defensible!

Reactions: Taken and historyb

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't believe there isn't a thread about this after what i've been seeing from here...

Speak up my American friends
Cristo, the catalyst for this latest round of mindless outbursts, destruction of private and public property and physical and mental anguish in America was the public execution and death of George. We all get it and it would seem very obvious to most. Nevertheless, I would take @Stranger 's view myself. I hate to be too objective and less emotional here because we MUST separate these emotions from the objective facts with clear thinking. We cannot all just focus on the shiny object, George and forget about the bigger picture.

Briefly, this George frequented and occupied the prison cells of the local police force for years especially for drugs, fraud and theft. This cop that killed George had 19 years in and was less that a year away from a police pension. Yes, he had a record of using more that reasonable force on duty many times and was cited for it in his person conduct file. I do have to wonder why a person closing in on his retirement would just chuck it away and his 'freedom?' Without know anymore, it did seem like a personal and even a gangland-style retribution or vendetta I really would like to know the answer to this question. Did this George have something on this cop? Was he going to tell rat him out for some illegal activity, etc? And the cop had nothing to lose?

Abruptly then, whether I believe the cop was part of a well planned conspiracy or acted alone for his own reasons (blackmailed, family threatened etc), I do believe these riots were again planned and contrived by enemies of Trump, period. That is how bad and dangerous America is becoming..has become. I could expand on this for awhile.

I would just say there is a common modus operandi here. Professional activists and anarchists are paid off and they manage the logistics of busing in many willful liberal losers, pathetic people to destroy and cause chaos, and to ensure slogans like 'black lives matter' or 'blacks are this or that, that sticks until the radical left eventually gain power. America has NEVER seem a radical left power in office. It will change America for many generations if it succeeds...that is why there is large percentage of Americans arming themselves these days and carrying concealed carry permits or licenses....

Blessings,

APAK

Reactions: historyb

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also when are the racial divides ever gonna be fixed?
As long as evil and demonic forces exist there will be divides of race, gender, age, and personal beliefs. It is ultimately done to make God's people suffer the most IMO. Creating and maintaining racial divides are more effective ways of controlling and conquering the masses. The 'enemy' all too well knows this...it will stop when the Son of God returns and lays down the law....APAK

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is definitely a flaw in the system, from what I hear these men have had issues in the past. I have to wonder if part of the problem is Unions. It is so hard to fire people in a union system it is sometimes easier to not even try, I have been in a few Union jobs, and one things is certain, they stick together even if one of their members does something wrong, they fight for that person, they consider it a fight over the “system”. While the system is flawed, so is the response,

either way, why where they not disciplined, we may never know,

one thing is for sure, there is a business owner here in Columbus Ohio who was just getting ready to reopen, the rioters broke into her place of business, looted it and pretty much tore it up

where is her justice? No one will be charged for that crime, we demand justice for the murder, and I hope he gets it

but where is the demand for justice for the business owner who is already hurting because of lockdown? A local news channel posted an article on the Riots, they made this comment, “protestors say the broken system is more important than broken windows”. Really? Two wrongs do not make a right,
The problems of hate and bigotry are not in the system... They are rooted in the hearts of men.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I time is needed to heal wounds
While I live in Canada, I follow events in the USA closely, since I have family in the States, and I have also lived and worked there for many years.

What everyone should know is that the death of George Floyd was an excuse by Antifa and other extreme Leftist/Fascist/Anarchist groups in the USA to destroy America and overthrow the government.

They have been active ever since Trump was elected. And they were simply waiting in the wings to systematically loot, riot, destroy property, and bring chaos and anarchy to America. This is a Bolshevist tactic that worked in Russia, and they are hoping to make it work in the USA. So this not so much about race as it is about bringing America to its knees (as a followup to the pandemic hoax).

Bill Barr, the Attorney General, has recognized this, but he failed to take action against Antifa immediately after his appointment, so he is partly responsible for what is happening right now. It is always too little and too late under the Trump Administration.
Barr Calls Out Antifa and Other Far Left Groups Over Riots, Warns of Federal Prosecutions
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...left-groups-riots-warns-federal-prosecutions/

Conservative Research published an article on Antifa in April, 2018 and the DOJ, DHS and FBI should have followed through by locking up these evil agitators who are all being funded by George Soros -- a Leftist billionaire who profited in America but hates America with a passion and literally pays people to riot -- to steal, kill, and destroy, just like his master Satan.
Origins of Antifa

I am reproducing Matthew Vadum's article with some parts omitted, but you can read the whole article above. I am also inserting questions about the failure of Trump and his administration (even though I have supported him initially and he is miles ahead of a creep like Biden, or any of those feckless and evil Democrats who ran for office).

Origins of Antifa

Briefly, what is Antifa and why should anyone care about it?

The Left’s explosive, prolonged rage at the election of President Donald Trump on Nov. 8, 2016, gave new life to the ultra-violent leftist movement known as Antifa.

As a result, Antifa, which has been described as a revolutionary communist-anarchist militia movement that aspires to forcibly overthrow the United States government, is responsible for “a level of sustained political street warfare not seen in the U.S. since the 1960s.”

Reports of Antifa violence are everywhere, which is why the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has quietly designated Antifa as “domestic terrorists.” (Capital Research Center produced a three-part documentary series, America Under Siege, about Antifa and other political actors.) [Question: why did DHS "quietly" designate this group as domestic terrorists rather than make a public outcry at that time, and also take decisive action against all illegals? Which means that DHS should take some responsibility for what is now happening]

Antifa is not a single organization: it is a movement or coalition of leftist groups, each of which claims to combat “fascism,” a political ideology whose definition academics have been arguing about for decades. The word Antifa itself is a truncation of anti-fascist. Despite the name, the movement embraces fascistic tactics... But Antifa operates under a twisted definition of fascism, labeling mainstream conservatives fascists and lumping them in with white-supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Antifa has gained new prominence in the post-Obama era. They trace their roots back to Nazi Germany. Although they opposed the Sturmabteilung (SA), or Nazi storm troopers, like the SA they also used violence to intimidate political opponents and break up their meetings and rallies. It could be argued that the ideological distance between Antifa and the now-defunct National Socialist German Workers’ Party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, abbreviated as NSDAP) or Nazi Party, is so slight it can be measured in millimeters.

Determining who funds Antifa is difficult because the movement is highly decentralized and consists of private individuals and loosely affiliated groups...Nonetheless, the left-wing billionaire George Soros has ties to Antifa through a group called the Alliance for Global Justice (AfGJ). Soros’s philanthropy, known at the time as the Open Society Institute, gave $100,000 to AfGJ ($50,000 in 2004 and $50,000 in 2006)... [Question: why has Mr. Trump failed to go after George Soros since 2017, because Soros is bound and determined to destroy America, and was also involved with funding Wuhan virus research, along with Gates]

Refuse Fascism was created in the weeks after Donald Trump’s unexpected victory over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. The group’s goal was summed up in a slogan on its website: “It’s Fascism: Drive Out the Trump/Pence Regime!”

Refuse Fascism participated in rioting on Feb. 1, 2017, at the University of California, Berkeley, with the goal of preventing conservative controversialist Milo Yiannopoulos from giving a speech. The rioting caused more than $500,000 in damage...

Meanwhile, here are just a few examples of Antifa violence from 2017:

On March 4, hundreds of Antifa activists descended on Berkeley to use violence to disrupt a “March 4 Trump” rally. At least 10 protesters were arrested. The same day Woody Kaine, son of Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va..), was part of an Antifa assault on Trump supporters in the rotunda of the Minnesota Capitol. Kaine fought with police as they tried to arrest him for lobbing a smoke bomb.

On March 25, Antifa launched a counter-protest at a pro-Trump event in Philadelphia. They chanted, “Any time, any place, punch a Nazi in the face!” and forced the cancelation of the rally. Antifa hurled bricks at Trump supporters during a march in Portland, Oregon, on June 4. Police relied on tear gas and stun grenades to disperse the mob. [Question: Why did Mr. Trump failed to go after Antifa as a terrorist organization
at that time, and have them all arrested and prosecuted? Therefore he too is partly responsible for what is now happening]

On August 19, “[w]hen a few dozen people held a free speech rally in Boston…, some 40,000 ‘anti-fascist’ protesters gathered to stage a counter-demonstration,” according to a report. “All told, there were 33 arrests, mostly for disorderly conduct and assaults on police officers.”The same month in Berkeley, Antifa protested President Trump’s proposed border wall and the very existence of America. “No Trump, No Wall, No USA at All!” they chanted...

Because of the rise of Antifa in the current political climate, CRC is launching a rolling exposé on the movement. In a series designed to grow into a separate website, CRC will examine in more detail the origin and history of Antifa, the ideology behind the movement, Antifa leaders and sympathizers, sources of funding, and common coalition partner groups. The exposé will include databases to make it easier for readers to track members, events, and even victims.

Something else which should have happened after the Rodney King fiasco (or even before that) is that black police officers should invariably have been paired with white officers in every city, and when a black suspect was involved, the black officer should have been at the forefront. This should have been a nationwide policy, and many riots could have been avoided.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amy Klobuchar used to be DA there. She did nothing to change that racist system. There was a case against that same cop then, and she didn't do anything about him.
Exactly. Klobuchar did a lot of virtue signaling while running for president, but she (and all Democrats) have favored lawlessness and anarchy over the rule of law and the Constitution. Not one of them ever said that they would stop illegal immigration and start deporting illegals. Had she acted decisively back in 2006, Floyd would still be alive, and perhaps there would have been no riots.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read the article and I need to do more validation and authentication on it, especially when George was charged with either forging a check/cheque and using it to purchase, or using counterfeit currency in the purchase of goods...someone in the ministry of God does not do this consciously,...maybe he was set-up...APAK
I would think he was set up, but will we ever know the truth?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A local news channel posted an article on the Riots...
Speaking of news channel, the mainstream media are deliberately misrepresenting everything regarding these riots. But CNN got their comeuppance, since the rioters attacked their office building.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is your legitimate reason for assuming that Whites have no reason to see violent, racist Blacks rampaging, screaming and throwing rocks at White people as somehow "unjustified" as a "threat? If hoards of people break the window of your business and rob you blind; then torch your building... how is that not a "threat"?
It is a real threat for the people present in the situation; it is not a threat for people who aren't there.

I said white people are apt to see it as a threat, and they are. They are apt to see it as a threat even if they live in areas without racial tension. Thus, the next black person they see will also been seen as a potential threat.

Wanting Blacks to live in a civil way and not be violent by nature... is not "Racist"!
No one said wanting blacks to live in a civil way without violence was racist.

If Blacks are not culturally violent, then why do we always see Blacks committing these crimes every time they want to be the "Entitled Victim"?
If someone beat up your kids every day and the police wouldn't stop it, how long would it be before you took matters into your own hands? I am not agreeing with the violence of the riots, but I understand the frustration behind them.
Nonsense! The "Rule of Law" may not apply to the Police as was demonstrated in Minneapolis, but there is ZERO proof that this is a dual standard for White and Black. You just made that up to support a Racist argument!
How many other cases do you want? What about Breonna Taylor?
You assume that Cops do not abuse all people, and not just "Blacks." The only Racism here is your argument and accusations.
So now you're accusing me of being a racist? Where have you lived? Have you known many black people? I've been around. I once saw police convinced a black guy who worked for me in a pizza store was guilty of something because a white girl identified him; but I could prove he hadn't been guilty -- I could prove he was delivering pizzas in another part of town. In another town, I met black people who knew about a black woman gunned down by the police during a period of racial tension -- for no reason other than the fact she was black. Years later, the case was back in the news -- someone finally was prosecuting them for her murder.
The Boogeyman of "Racism" again! The issue is not Race! It is abuse of the System.
You still don't get it, do you? It's both. Klobuchar wanted to get ahead politically, so she wanted to make a reputation for being tough on crime. Did it work? I'd say it did. She got to be a Senator. Let's not pretend only Republicans can be racist. If a white politician thinks "winking" at racism will help his career, he'll wink. The politician may not be racist himself, but he'll overlook it in others if he wants to get ahead. If the system wasn't racist, why wasn't that cop arrested immediately after the evidence of the video surfaced? Surely too the other three cops knew a black man had been murdered, so why did it take so long before he was charged with anything?

So why do people choose to live in a Racist anti-white neighborhood that shoots at the Police and Fire Department personnel if they respond to help? Who is to blame for "no real law and order"? If the Police crack down and reclaim Law and Order... they are persecuted as Racists in the Media and that neighborhood!
You did not answer my question.

Are you saying that Black people's I.Q. is so low that they participate in mass in an action that is detrimental to themselves?
Please stop saying such stupid things. I think I was clear enough: Angry unemployed people who have been discrimiinated against can easily be manipulated emotionally.

And... would their judgment be based upon facts? Or will you just dismiss them as "Racists" to defend a "Culture" that is not defensible!
I thought I was clear there too. "Businesses that are burnt out are probably not going to rebuild there. More white people will look at black people with fear and loathing. More police will look at them as dangerous." I was noting facts; and that is the reason I think the black people who are rioting are hurting themselves and other black people.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I just thank you all for responding to my posts, and question, without taking offence at what I have asked- much appreciated. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to ask difficult questions in order to understand and see things from different prospectives- in order to weigh it all up from someone who is on the outside looking in xx
Amen.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Klobuchar did a lot of virtue signaling while running for president, but she (and all Democrats) have favored lawlessness and anarchy over the rule of law and the Constitution. Not one of them ever said that they would stop illegal immigration and start deporting illegals. Had she acted decisively back in 2006, Floyd would still be alive, and perhaps there would have been no riots.
I was so relieved she didn't win the primaries. I didn't believe a word she said. She said a lot of things that sounded nice -- things I could even agree with -- but I didn't trust her. She was just saying stuff trying to get elected without meaning any of it.

Let me talk a little about Delaware. White Democrats had been running that state for years and years before I lived there for a while; but the state was still rife with racism. The white politicians did nothing about it. They campaigned on it saying they cared, got elected and then did nothing. That's one reason I'm not that enthusiastic about Joe Biden being the Democratic nominee.

Reactions: Enoch111

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely agree things went too far in the George Floyd case and then after, some of the protesters though believe it or not, are there for the right reason and just want those of colour to be treated more fairly in USA, racism is very real.

----

In all seriousness though, I just wish people of different races can just get along.

Yes, Racism is very real. I do not get any special privileges because of my skin, but some people do! They get Affirmative Action.... employment opportunities and advancement because of their skin, and I get passed over! That's Racist! Admissions into Colleges is Racist in America! Even if you are more qualified apart from skin color, the bar is lower, and preference is given to people of darker shades of skin color! Welfare is easier to get if you are not White in America! I have to endure an attitude that because I am White, I am evil; I supposedly get everything for free from some imaginary "White Privilege!" My family never owned slaves, and those ancestors that were here during the Civil war fought for the North against slavery.

Looking at the jobs I was refused because I was "White" (And yes! In the 1970's they would tell you that you were not the "right color" they needed to fulfill an Affirmative Action quota), and watching people of "color" get preferences I was never offered, has occurred all my life in every industry where I worked for someone... there is no such thing as "White Privilege," only "Racist Minority Privilege."

I grew up in a Northern mixed society where Whites were around 60-70% of the population. That percentage is changing in America every year to where the area I came from is about equal. Soon White's will be the minority in America... will I then be offered "Minority privilege?" When can White people in America be treated "more fairly"?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the example of Minnesota, Blacks are offended and claim an injustice was because of skin color.
This was a case of one rotten apple spoiling everything for everyone. And this rotten apple would have been behind bars had Amy Klobuchar done her job faithfully a long time ago.

But ever since Obama came on the scene the race card has been played successfully over and over again. Indeed, the only reason he was elected was because he was black. And the Black Caucus in Congress has steadfastly refused to give Mr. Trump credit for doing positive things for the blacks in America. If that is not racist, then I wonder what it? All the well-known black politicians are racist to the core, and they encourage their people to be racist.

Also the mayor of Minneapolis made the absurd allegation that White Supremacists had been rioting over there, while he ceded his city to rioters, and in fact encouraged them to riot by telling them to maintain social distancing while they looted! Can you imagine the absurdity? But why would White Supremacists be a part of BLM? Yet the Democrats will use every underhanded lie to transfer blame.

Democratic governors have been violating the laws of the land and the Constitution daily, and no one has taken them to task. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. This whole thing is NOT about racism at all. It is about ANARCHY in America, led by the Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.