Various Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Pildit;37501)
Okay let me get this straight, physical body dies... but everyone who is physically dead still has their soul and that's just hangin' out somewhere until the end of the millenium to be judged?
Our Father has answered your question:Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshippped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Those, from the beginning of time through the end of this age, that followed Christ and did not "worship the beast" will live and reign with Christ throughout the millennium.5.But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Those reigning with Christ are those of the "first resurection." All others are considered dead but it means spiritually dead. They too are in their spiritual bodies which will not age, not die, for the 1000 years but they are not of the "first resurrection." In other words....they are liable to die at God's judgment, their souls will die.6.Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Those of the "first resurrection" are immortal. They have eternal life and will not be judged again for on them "the second death hath no power."7.And when the thousand years are expired Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Those reigning with Christ are termed priests. The duty of a priest is to teach. They will be teaching those that didn't make it and it will be done with no influence from Satan....he is locked away during that time. There will be no excuse.8.And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. He still has a job to do. Those that didn't make the first resurrection must be tested and that is his job. What is so amazing to me is that there are still so many that will choose to follow him again...as the sand of the sea. 11.And I saw a great white throne, and Him That sat on it, from Whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. The first judgment (at the beginning of the millennium) was done by Christ to decide where you spend the millennium. Separating the wheat from the chaff. I don't want to be with the chaff. The final judgment is done by God Himself and it is final.12.And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. This tells us that the "dead" means the spiritually dead. This time they are not judged on their faith (as it takes no faith when you see Christ in front of you...you know He is real) but rather judged on their works. No one is floating on clouds playing their harps. 13.And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. This is the 2nd witness to being judged on works.14.And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. The second death is that of our souls. 15.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Then, the eternity........Whirlwind

helenp19

Feb 6, 2008
hi pildit,i am afraid you are at a complete standstill with this thread. you are not listening to what people are saying. in order to hear them you need to open your mind and listen.i say black, you say white. there is absolutely no point in arguing with your response to me because all you will do is argue that i'm wrong, then i will say its true, you will say its not and frankly i can't be bothered!please note something in future. do not ever say in your original post:"Yes I'll say why I can't believe something is so, or say I don't understand or things to that effect, even provide evidence to the contray to what you answer... but this is not meant as any sort of attack on anyone or any religion" because all you did there was give yourself a licence to attack religion. if you're going to disrespect someone's faith at least be 'man' enough to do it without having to hide behind this kind of thing. i'm just quite appalled at the way you are treating anyone who replies to your question. (and i dont think you have done that much to me, its more to other people). to be honest you sound like a pent up ball of fire, i never get so wound up about my beliefs and i don't know anyone else who does. even my scientific friend doesn't get so pent up.have you come on a Christian board to try to convince us that YOU are right? LOL

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(helenp19;37587)
hi pildit,i am afraid you are at a complete standstill with this thread. you are not listening to what people are saying. in order to hear them you need to open your mind and listen.i say black, you say white. there is absolutely no point in arguing with your response to me because all you will do is argue that i'm wrong, then i will say its true, you will say its not and frankly i can't be bothered!please note something in future. do not ever say in your original post:"Yes I'll say why I can't believe something is so, or say I don't understand or things to that effect, even provide evidence to the contray to what you answer... but this is not meant as any sort of attack on anyone or any religion" because all you did there was give yourself a licence to attack religion. if you're going to disrespect someone's faith at least be 'man' enough to do it without having to hide behind this kind of thing. i'm just quite appalled at the way you are treating anyone who replies to your question. (and i dont think you have done that much to me, its more to other people). to be honest you sound like a pent up ball of fire, i never get so wound up about my beliefs and i don't know anyone else who does. even my scientific friend doesn't get so pent up.have you come on a Christian board to try to convince us that YOU are right? LOL
Okay let me get this point over to you, I'm not saying that anyone here is wrong... what I am pointing out is what seems more logical to me, it isn't my aim to attack religion or disrespect anyone.In order for someone to understand why I find it difficult to believe, they need to know how I see things. Just because I tell someone this, doesn't mean I threw what they said back at them.And I said that in my orginal post so people would be aware that I would also be stating my views on things, I'm aware that there are some people that don't like that... so it's there so if they don't wish to reply, they don't have to.Anyone here is more than welcome to debunk what I see to be evidence to the contray or add their ideas, beliefs. It's completely fine by me. I'm here to learn, but to effectively learn from people... you have to understand each other. If I said something that can easily be answered or debunked but didn't say it, then I missed out on the opportunity to get things right.And I haven't as far as I'm aware insulted anyone by doing this and trying to gather and understanding, if I have. Then I apologise, anything I have written was not written in that way.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(whirlwind;37585)
Our Father has answered your question:Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshippped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Those, from the beginning of time through the end of this age, that followed Christ and did not "worship the beast" will live and reign with Christ throughout the millennium.5.But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Those reigning with Christ are those of the "first resurection." All others are considered dead but it means spiritually dead. They too are in their spiritual bodies which will not age, not die, for the 1000 years but they are not of the "first resurrection." In other words....they are liable to die at God's judgment, their souls will die.6.Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Those of the "first resurrection" are immortal. They have eternal life and will not be judged again for on them "the second death hath no power."7.And when the thousand years are expired Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Those reigning with Christ are termed priests. The duty of a priest is to teach. They will be teaching those that didn't make it and it will be done with no influence from Satan....he is locked away during that time. There will be no excuse.8.And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. He still has a job to do. Those that didn't make the first resurrection must be tested and that is his job. What is so amazing to me is that there are still so many that will choose to follow him again...as the sand of the sea. 11.And I saw a great white throne, and Him That sat on it, from Whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. The first judgment (at the beginning of the millennium) was done by Christ to decide where you spend the millennium. Separating the wheat from the chaff. I don't want to be with the chaff. The final judgment is done by God Himself and it is final.12.And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. This tells us that the "dead" means the spiritually dead. This time they are not judged on their faith (as it takes no faith when you see Christ in front of you...you know He is real) but rather judged on their works. No one is floating on clouds playing their harps. 13.And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. This is the 2nd witness to being judged on works.14.And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. The second death is that of our souls. 15.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Then, the eternity........Whirlwind
So basically everyone has to wait to be judged all at one time, like I said previously?However that does make the process more clear, thank you.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Pildit;37602)
So basically everyone has to wait to be judged all at one time, like I said previously?However that does make the process more clear, thank you.
No. If we are one of God's elect we will be priests of God when Christ arrives at His 2nd Advent. They/we will never again be judged. Those that didn't believe in Christ, or continue to believe in Him through the tribulation period, will be judged first at the beginning of the millennium on what they did in this flesh life and again at the close of the millennium on what works they did during that 1000 years. Now...I don't want to oversimplify and make this sound like an easy road for it isn't.When Christ arrives at the 2nd Advent he comes not only to judge but to make war. He will spill the wrath of God on all those that didn't believe in Him or stay true to Him. We will be here too but won't be harmed....He knows who His children are. He knows those that love Him.......Whirlwind

helenp19

Feb 6, 2008
"I'm here to learn, but to effectively learn from people... you have to understand each other. " i don't think you do want to learn otherwise you would give everyone's answers a chance instead of immediately telling them its wrong.sorry but we don't need to understand you, its you who's looking for the answers, not us. don't mean any offence, i just think whirlwind has the patience of a saint! :)

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(helenp19;37613)
"I'm here to learn, but to effectively learn from people... you have to understand each other. " i don't think you do want to learn otherwise you would give everyone's answers a chance instead of immediately telling them its wrong.sorry but we don't need to understand you, its you who's looking for the answers, not us. don't mean any offence, i just think whirlwind has the patience of a saint! :)
Its much easier to talk with someone and try and help them if you understand them.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(whirlwind;37612)
No. If we are one of God's elect we will be priests of God when Christ arrives at His 2nd Advent. They/we will never again be judged. Those that didn't believe in Christ, or continue to believe in Him through the tribulation period, will be judged first at the beginning of the millennium on what they did in this flesh life and again at the close of the millennium on what works they did during that 1000 years. Now...I don't want to oversimplify and make this sound like an easy road for it isn't.When Christ arrives at the 2nd Advent he comes not only to judge but to make war. He will spill the wrath of God on all those that didn't believe in Him or stay true to Him. We will be here too but won't be harmed....He knows who His children are. He knows those that love Him.......Whirlwind
Oh no, my point wasn't to make it sound like the easy road at all. Just to clarify the answer to my question (although I do value all the information you gave me, I just also need to know I concluded the right answer from it).

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(helenp19;37613)
You are effectly helping to fix my problem of not being able to find God or see the evidence, to fix a problem you need to know what the problem is.Some people have a problem with religion because something really bad happened to them and they need to get past that, others it just doesn't make sense to. Even in just those two scenerios people need different kinds of help and the best way to know how best to help, is to understand them and their problem.(followerofchrist;37627)
Its much easier to talk with someone and try and help them if you understand them.
I'm glad and grateful that you understand.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Beano;37635)
Hi PilditHas anybody suggested this website to you http://www.creationresearch.net/index.htmTheres lots research article on there and an MP3 download at the bottom of the home page.Hope this helps with your search for God.Kevin
I've had a quick look around, there's a fair bit to look at though so I'll keep it in my favourites for now and take a good look around. Thank you for the link, no-one suggested it to me before.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Pildit;37272)
A person can't always stop things from happening though or change their circumstances.I'd like to hear about this in more depth, if you'd be interested in explaining.What are these supernatural gifts and where is this written?I'd also be interested in the mircles you have experienced that can't be explained.I have a question for you. If you have NEVER questioned your faith, then how can you be sure it's true?Don't take this the wrong way here, I'm not trying to encourage people to walk away from religion - but rather than growing up just being told to believe and just carrying on - question it, perhaps people don't end up in my situation but at least they would know for themselves they believed because THEY had reason to not just because they continued to believed what they were told as a child.
[Q 1], A person can't change their circumstances.[A 1], God has given us the authority, dominion and power to bind and loose, Matthew 16: 18--19,. To move any mountains, Mark 11: 23 Matthew 17: 20, Matthew 21: 21, Luke 17: 6. God always causes us to triumph in Christ, 2 Corinthians 2: 14,we are more than conquerors through God. Romans 8: 37.God always give us the victory. 1 Corinthians 15: 57--58.We are overcomers, 1 John 5: 4--5. There at three reasons why some christians don't change their circumstances is, [1] They don't Know what the Bible says, God said, My people have gone into captivity, and My people are distroyed through lack of knowledge.[2] They dont have faith, or [3] they are in disobedience.[Q 2,] I*'d like to hear more.[A 2] Isaiah 14: 12--17, says that when the devil fell he made the world as a wilderness. Jeremiah 4: 23--27. 2 Peter 3: 5-6,. all these show that the first earth was distroyed and the earth as we know it now was created.There was a time gap between the two earths, may be billions of years,[Q 3] supernatual gifts.[A 3] 1 Corinthians 12: 8--10, mentions 9 gifts, I will put them in groups.Group [1], The revelation gifts, The word of wisdom, [Revealing future things]the word of knowledge, [Revealing past or present things] For instance, in a healing meeting God will reavel to me, [There is someone here with bad heart]. So I will call them out and God would heal them. The discerning of spirits, [ angels or devils]. This is seeing into the spirit world.Group [2], Tongues, [A supernatual utterance is the Spirit] interpretation of tongues, And prophecy.Group [3], Wonder working faith, [ This is more stronger faith then general saving faith]The gifts of healings.The working of miracles.You can see by these gifts that God wants to, Reveal something the the Church,Say something to the Church and do something for, and through the Church.[Q 4] Questioning my faith, how do I know it's true,[A 4] when a person is born again, that means they are alive to God and God is alive and very real to them, and once you have experience God, His love, joy, peace and power, you will never question Him. It is not only what I was told that makes me believe, I believe because of the reality of God's love and power in my life.As for the miracles I have seen and done, The human mind will never believe, I will give you some of the more believable ones. I used to set up the Holy communion, and one morning as I went to pour the fruit juice into the little glasses, the juice was almost gone, I thought, oh no,then God said to me, "Just keep pouring the juice". So I did, And when all the glasses wre fillied, there was still more then the was in the first place.A simular thing happened when I was mashing potatoes for my mum and myself, "Just enougth for two". When we had some vistiters, My mum asked them would they stay for dinner, and they did, God said to me, "Just keep mashing the potatoes", so I did, The more that I mashed the more potatoes filled the sausepan.God has used me to heal people with, cancer, brain tumors, legs grow out, death people hearing again, dumb people speaking, broken arms & legs healed, And all soughts of other healings.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Alanforchrist;37775)
[Q 1], A person can't change their circumstances.[A 1], God has given us the authority, dominion and power to bind and loose, Matthew 16: 18--19,. To move any mountains, Mark 11: 23 Matthew 17: 20, Matthew 21: 21, Luke 17: 6. God always causes us to triumph in Christ, 2 Corinthians 2: 14,we are more than conquerors through God. Romans 8: 37.God always give us the victory. 1 Corinthians 15: 57--58.We are overcomers, 1 John 5: 4--5. There at three reasons why some christians don't change their circumstances is, [1] They don't Know what the Bible says, God said, My people have gone into captivity, and My people are distroyed through lack of knowledge.[2] They dont have faith, or [3] they are in disobedience.
People cannot change their circumstances sometimes, believer or not. With all the faith alone in the world you cannot physically move you from being trapped in a car after a road accident.I'm not saying a person can't change their career path or change their ways, but then again, this doesn't have to be through religion of any kind.
[Q 2,] I*'d like to hear more.[A 2] Isaiah 14: 12--17, says that when the devil fell he made the world as a wilderness. Jeremiah 4: 23--27. 2 Peter 3: 5-6,. all these show that the first earth was distroyed and the earth as we know it now was created.There was a time gap between the two earths, may be billions of years,
Thank you for that information.
[Q 3] supernatual gifts.[A 3] 1 Corinthians 12: 8--10, mentions 9 gifts, I will put them in groups.Group [1], The revelation gifts, The word of wisdom, [Revealing future things]the word of knowledge, [Revealing past or present things] For instance, in a healing meeting God will reavel to me, [There is someone here with bad heart]. So I will call them out and God would heal them. The discerning of spirits, [ angels or devils]. This is seeing into the spirit world.Group [2], Tongues, [A supernatual utterance is the Spirit] interpretation of tongues, And prophecy.Group [3], Wonder working faith, [ This is more stronger faith then general saving faith]The gifts of healings.The working of miracles.You can see by these gifts that God wants to, Reveal something the the Church,Say something to the Church and do something for, and through the Church.
And this information also.
[Q 4] Questioning my faith, how do I know it's true,[A 4] when a person is born again, that means they are alive to God and God is alive and very real to them, and once you have experience God, His love, joy, peace and power, you will never question Him. It is not only what I was told that makes me believe, I believe because of the reality of God's love and power in my life.
I appreciate that people "know" God exists ("know" being in quotes because they know for themselves for certain) but maybe I didn't word my question or give enough information here.If you just believe what someone tells you straight away and continue to do so without even questioning it at all... then it seems rather "blind faith". I'm not saying that people don't or won't come to the conclusion that God does exist but I don't understand how they can be sure without even questioning it once.
As for the miracles I have seen and done, The human mind will never believe, I will give you some of the more believable ones. I used to set up the Holy communion, and one morning as I went to pour the fruit juice into the little glasses, the juice was almost gone, I thought, oh no,then God said to me, "Just keep pouring the juice". So I did, And when all the glasses wre fillied, there was still more then the was in the first place.A simular thing happened when I was mashing potatoes for my mum and myself, "Just enougth for two". When we had some vistiters, My mum asked them would they stay for dinner, and they did, God said to me, "Just keep mashing the potatoes", so I did, The more that I mashed the more potatoes filled the sausepan.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.
God has used me to heal people with, cancer, brain tumors, legs grow out, death people hearing again, dumb people speaking, broken arms & legs healed, And all soughts of other healings.
This is where it gets interesting because I'd want to see the proof for all this.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Pildit:If you just believe what someone tells you straight away and continue to do so without even questioning it at all... then it seems rather "blind faith". I'm not saying that people don't or won't come to the conclusion that God does exist but I don't understand how they can be sure without even questioning it once.Thunder1: When God reveals Himself to you, there is no questions,it's divine power,something that you can't just understand with your philosophy. It's foolishness to the world,but not to those who God has revealed Himself. it's awesome.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37875)
Pildit:If you just believe what someone tells you straight away and continue to do so without even questioning it at all... then it seems rather "blind faith". I'm not saying that people don't or won't come to the conclusion that God does exist but I don't understand how they can be sure without even questioning it once.Thunder1: When God reveals Himself to you, there is no questions,it's divine power,something that you can't just understand with your philosophy. It's foolishness to the world,but not to those who God has revealed Himself. it's awesome.
Like I said Thunder, it's not a matter of coming to the conclusion that God doesn't exist... but questioning and then knowing for sure that he does. I do appreciate that many people here say once you know, you know sort of thing... but before that question and investigate what you believe. Just like making sure you do more than one test in science or checking your answer in maths to be sure you got the right answer and/or accurate findings.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Maybe you one day become so desperate that you are open to God. God seems to be always last option. People try everything else first and when it does not work,they come to God. Pildit you are here for divine appointment... and God is waiting. Don't leave it too late. God is not matter of opinion, He is one who created you and knows all about you. He wants to have personal relationship with you.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;38286)
Maybe you one day become so desperate that you are open to God. God seems to be always last option. People try everything else first and when it does not work,they come to God. Pildit you are here for divine appointment... and God is waiting. Don't leave it too late. God is not matter of opinion, He is one who created you and knows all about you. He wants to have personal relationship with you.
God was my first option.. I just lost it.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Pildit;38413)
God was my first option.. I just lost it.
You can always come back, He is faithful,never leaves or forsakes you. If you want to do your reseach then you do it. God is watching your journey. Dont wait too long, God loves to have you and show His plan for your life,but He won't do it before you surrender yourself to Him.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;38459)
You can always come back, He is faithful,never leaves or forsakes you. If you want to do your reseach then you do it. God is watching your journey. Dont wait too long, God loves to have you and show His plan for your life,but He won't do it before you surrender yourself to Him.
well I guess I'll see... I'm sure I have some more questions I was thinking about it at work today but I can't remember them now.I'll come back to them tomorrow.

biblicalthought

Feb 6, 2008
(Pildit;37163)
You condradicted yourself here:First you said it's not by MY will but then said "Once you have embraced your helpless estate, you are qualified to embrace the provision that God has made to save: Jesus Christ the Lord.".Don't get me wrong here, I completely understand that I must say (albeit with better words) I was an idiot, you exist, I believe in you and all that Jazz (and mean it obviously) and I undertstand why it is that way, afterall in anyone I have an arguement or debate with or about for that matter, if I'm wrong - I'm proved wrong or I discover I'm wrong. Then I'll apologise.
If the Holy Spirit brings about within you the conviction of sin, IOW, if you begin to recognize your need for a Savior because you have offended a holy and righteous God, then you have been brought to that place of helplessness and need. That is where you respond to the gospel call to repent and believe. It is not initially brought about by your own will (John 1:12-13), but of God. Believing that God exists does not save anyone. Like James said, "even the demons believe!" Faith in Christ is believing that Jesus died in your place as a substitute in bearing the wrath of God that was poured out on Him in His body on Calvary's Cross. When you believe you are justified and declared not-guilty, and are robed in the righteousness of Christ. This union with Christ is your righteousness before God where he no longer views you as a hated enemy, rather, He views you with the pleasure He takes in His Son. That is why we cannot glory in anything that we have done, only in what God has done. He paid the price. He earned our righteousness. He purchased the elect with His blood. On the cross, just before He died, he said "it is finished." Christians believe this and offer themselves as a living sacrifice to God now that they are loved by God and no longer enemies. Scripture calls this being "reconciled" to God, meaning, His attitude toward us has changed. That is why we sing praise and offer worship and pray. He saved us.