Various Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Hi, pildit. Wow! I have been missin' out on the conversation. I'm sorry I didn't link you to the other thread. I have to tell you that I am still learning how to do all of those kinds of things on the computer. I am not computer savvy! I know you have a question/ answer for anything anyone comes up with. It seems that God doesn't hear. There are times in my life when I felt that way. But, just when I was about to give up, something would turn it all around and I would see the purpose in it all. I would realize He did hear me. I could give you many examples of this, but it would take up sooooo much of this space. There is something about the Spirit of God/Jesus coming into your presence. You KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW it's HIM!!! There is nothing like it. It is nothing less than a miracle. Salvation is a miracle. It leaves you awe-struck! If it doesn't, then I would have to question if His Holy Presence ever entered in. It's something you must experience first-hand. Then there is NO ONE who can tell you Jesus isn't real. You no longer need proof. The words of the scripture come leaping off of the page. There are times when I am reading my Bible and I just fall on the floor weeping before the Lord and thanking Him for His provision, His goodness, His protection to me all the days of my life. He sheds light on His Word and gives me new revelations of Himself that He can only do when you believe Him. Notice I didn't say believe in Him. Even the demons believe in Him and tremble (James ch.2:19), but it's quite another thing to believe what He's saying to you. I will commit to pray for you in my morning study/prayer time. Please be open to what the Lord may tell you. EX. If he impresses upon your heart Sunday morning to go to a particular church, go visit. He has a message waiting for you-custom-made. You will know if He's speaking this. Prove it through the Bible. Pick it up and start reading through it and ask for the Lord to speak through it. He's really good at confirming what He's trying to tell you. Let me know what happens. The angels of heaven have a big celebration over one sinner who repents and comes to salvation. We can rejoice with them. We stand and rejoice for He took our rags and gave us a white robe we didn't deserve!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Alanforchrist;37192)
[Q2] Why would God allow such bad things to happen to you.[A2] I am glad you said "Allow". God never causes bad things to happen. The old testament was wrote in Hebrew, and there is no causetive in the Hebrew language, only the permisive, "Permision is not commision" So for instanse When the Bible says, "God hardened Pharao's heart" what it actually said was, " Pharao hardened his heart" so God allowed "Permited it"When God created man He gave them dominion, and authority. But when Adam fell to the devil in the garden of Eden, he gave the authority to the devil, Genesis 3: 1--15. luke 4: 5--7. Now the devil is the god of this world 2 Corinthians 4: 4. So between man and the devil they have made a right mess of the world. The only way that God can intervine is when His people take their God given authority and either stop things happening, or change their circumstances. And if they don't then God wil have to allow it.
A person can't always stop things from happening though or change their circumstances.
[Q3] What about evolution/Science.[A3]God created the world, it didn't evolve, Whoever there is Millions of years between Genesis 1; 1, and Genesis 1: 2, V1, "In the begining [First] God created the heaven and earth.v2, And the earth was [Became] without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep" Note in v1, the word "First" the first creation became see [became] in v 2, without form, and void and dark, This is when the devil and two thirds of the fallen angels inhabited the earth and this is when all the pre-historic creatures were here, some were still around id Genesis 6.
I'd like to hear about this in more depth, if you'd be interested in explaining.
[Q5] Have I experienced a miracle that otherwise cannot be explained.[A5] Yes many times,God is a supernatural God and christians are supernatural people, Partakers of God's divine nature, Jesus said, "You shall receive power when the Holy Ghost is come upon you. There are nine supernatual gifts of the Spirit, two of those are,The gifts of healings and the working of miracles. So in a sense they can be explained.
What are these supernatural gifts and where is this written?I'd also be interested in the mircles you have experienced that can't be explained.
[Q7] Have I ever questioned my faith.[A7] Never never no way, how can a person full of the Holy Ghost and enjoying a wonderfull relationship with a loving God and see God doing healings and miracles, ever question their faith.God is as real and as powerful as we let him be. Though to many Christians limmit God, through either, ignorance, lack of faith or disobidience.
I have a question for you. If you have NEVER questioned your faith, then how can you be sure it's true?Don't take this the wrong way here, I'm not trying to encourage people to walk away from religion - but rather than growing up just being told to believe and just carrying on - question it, perhaps people don't end up in my situation but at least they would know for themselves they believed because THEY had reason to not just because they continued to believed what they were told as a child.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
God created adaptation. (Or micro evolution as you like to call it). Not macro evolution, we did not come from monkeys.With what did the first animal capable of reproduction reproduce?How would an animal survive without blood clotting factors in their system? They would bleed to death without.Why would any animal want to reproduce if it meant that there would be more mouths to feed, and survival would have been harder.How did single celled organisms become multicelled organisms?Charles Darwin himself said, and I quote, "To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."You don't have to believe in evolution. I mean, it's still unproven.The Holy Spirit itself is a miracle.Discovery of the real Noah's Ark:part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5ORpMTebIPart 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7nN80dIw8The Physical remains of Sodom and Gomorrah:part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgQHQ992WnwPart 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkoSJt6xfYA Christian's testimony:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct0JzJgKOBIThere is just so much into Christianity that people do not know. That even some Christians do not know. It's faith, but there is also archaeological, historical and mathematical evidence to back up God.And believing in God, what's the worst that could happen? Your life will be in order, and you'll receive blessings. You'll even make trustworthy friends who'll stay with you until the end. That's the brotherly love that Christians share.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(haanne;37212)
1. Why should you believe in God? Its all about the Bible . Either you believe it to be the word of God or you dont. I believe that you should try to read it before you make a decision. Now I mean really read it. What we say here isnt important. We have made our choice and we would love it if you would make the same. You cant do that with out His word. If He has something to say to you through his word are you willing to listen? Are you Open minded enough to really see if theres something to it? What if we are right what if there is more... ... ... What have you lost if we are wrong ? God is good . Dont take my word for it. Take his. with love-Haanne P.s all of your questions can be answered in the Bible.
I've read a fair chunk of the bible. I'm not at the point where I can pull verses off the top of my head but still I have read a lot of it.With all due respect because I do understand what you're saying here about reading it for myself, but I came here to ask people because I don't understand. I don't understand the bible on a spiritual level at all. Whatever people quote from there, I read both in KJV and NIV right after I read what they have said about it. I haven't come here to go... right those people said that so it must be true, even about things written in the bible.Am I open minded enough to really see if there's something to it? Sure. I think so. Like I said above, this won't be a case of "oh yeah wow it was written in the bible... so it must be true"... no it won't but I'm also not if you've notice going "that can't possibly be true at all". You might be right? What have a lost if you are right? I guess that depends on the outcome of all this and my life... but still I'm not going to believe "just because".

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(followerofchrist;37241)
Ok Pildit I have a question for you.What if you are right about all this, and I am wrong. Well nothing really, neither of us have anything to lose.But what if I am right and your wrong? Well then I will go to heaven and you will go to hell. The difference here is that if your wrong than you will pay dearly for it! But if I am wrong well than nothing happens. So think about it like that for awhile and get back to me.
You're right about that.If you are right, I'll go to hell. If I'm right, you lose nothing.But I'm not going to suddenly turn around and say "okay I believe" through fear. That's scare mongering. If I believe, it has to be because I really, truely do not because I'm scared I'll go to hell if I don't.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Pildit;37274)
I've read a fair chunk of the bible. I'm not at the point where I can pull verses off the top of my head but still I have read a lot of it.With all due respect because I do understand what you're saying here about reading it for myself, but I came here to ask people because I don't understand. I don't understand the bible on a spiritual level at all. Whatever people quote from there, I read both in KJV and NIV right after I read what they have said about it. I haven't come here to go... right those people said that so it must be true, even about things written in the bible.Am I open minded enough to really see if there's something to it? Sure. I think so. Like I said above, this won't be a case of "oh yeah wow it was written in the bible... so it must be true"... no it won't but I'm also not if you've notice going "that can't possibly be true at all". You might be right? What have a lost if you are right? I guess that depends on the outcome of all this and my life... but still I'm not going to believe "just because".
You can only truly read the Bible as it is meant to be read with the Holy Spirit. It's a book that opens up to you.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(whirlwind;37267)
There is no need to tell them you are....just do it. He is your Father so talk to Him like He is your father.
It's not only decieving them though, it's also decieving myself.It's like me giving ice-cream to a friend who has issues at the moment and convicing myself that the ice-cream will solve all their problems. It won't. The thought of me giving them the ice-cream might make them smile for a while yes, but it won't solve their problems.
I won't take it the wrong way but you really have to tell me what other books fulfill prophesy. From the very beginning in the first Biblical prophesy the end has been told. No other book does that.
Example: I recently read Knees Up Mother Earth by Robert Rankin, basically evil could be unleashed and earth in peril, caught up in this are two normal people and a Professor who knows a lot. He keeps telling them that everything will be fine, the world won't end and the evils WILL be defeated. Near the end of the book... they are.
Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heel.Satan did bruise his heel and Christ will crush Satan's head.
I don't understand why this came from.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(His By Grace;37271)
Hi, pildit. Wow! I have been missin' out on the conversation. I'm sorry I didn't link you to the other thread. I have to tell you that I am still learning how to do all of those kinds of things on the computer. I am not computer savvy! I know you have a question/ answer for anything anyone comes up with. It seems that God doesn't hear. There are times in my life when I felt that way. But, just when I was about to give up, something would turn it all around and I would see the purpose in it all. I would realize He did hear me. I could give you many examples of this, but it would take up sooooo much of this space. There is something about the Spirit of God/Jesus coming into your presence. You KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW it's HIM!!! There is nothing like it. It is nothing less than a miracle. Salvation is a miracle. It leaves you awe-struck! If it doesn't, then I would have to question if His Holy Presence ever entered in. It's something you must experience first-hand. Then there is NO ONE who can tell you Jesus isn't real. You no longer need proof. The words of the scripture come leaping off of the page. There are times when I am reading my Bible and I just fall on the floor weeping before the Lord and thanking Him for His provision, His goodness, His protection to me all the days of my life. He sheds light on His Word and gives me new revelations of Himself that He can only do when you believe Him. Notice I didn't say believe in Him. Even the demons believe in Him and tremble (James ch.2:19), but it's quite another thing to believe what He's saying to you. I will commit to pray for you in my morning study/prayer time. Please be open to what the Lord may tell you. EX. If he impresses upon your heart Sunday morning to go to a particular church, go visit. He has a message waiting for you-custom-made. You will know if He's speaking this. Prove it through the Bible. Pick it up and start reading through it and ask for the Lord to speak through it. He's really good at confirming what He's trying to tell you. Let me know what happens. The angels of heaven have a big celebration over one sinner who repents and comes to salvation. We can rejoice with them. We stand and rejoice for He took our rags and gave us a white robe we didn't deserve!
Thank you for sharing all that with me. I'm all ears and open to whatever guidence, etc he wants to give but we shall see. Only time will tell I guess. I'm speaking to various people on this, it's not limited to just this forum so maybe there is something or someone that will "change my mind" as it were.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(Pildit;36774)
I was going to introduce myself in the approperiate forum, however I perhaps would just be repeating myself here so *waves a hello*.I'm at this point in time leaning towards an agnostic atheist, but don't get me wrong here. I mean no trouble or anything like that. I just want answers to my questions. Yes I'll say why I can't believe something is so, or say I don't understand or things to that effect, even provide evidence to the contray to what you answer... but this is not meant as any sort of attack on anyone or any religion, simply that I want believe and I need the proof and answers in order to do so. This is part of my "quest" if you like to do so. Hopefully some of you can help me, even if that means I go away only confirming I'm an agnostic athiest, but I'm open minded.So I guess I'll give you guys some background on me just so you know where I'm coming from a little better.I'm not from a particularly religious family. I was baptised but my parents and immediate family, don't go to church (apart from Weddings, Funerals, etc). Christmas/Easter came up at school as traditonal and delving into Christianity somewhat.I had a few friends who were religious and on a few occasions attened church with them, but honestly found it confusing.Yet, I became a Christian and have been for far back as I can remember - just never regularly attended Church.Always had a great interest in Science and wanted everything explaining to me, I suppose I was one of those "why?" kids... but I genuinely wanted to know the answers. However religion never really came into this questioning.Last year I had a bad year and events thereof one day pulled me off the tracks... that's not to say I did anything bad, I just sort of took a huge step back and didn't understand why I believed in God, etc.Since then, I questioned it and found the truth only in science.So as you can imagine, I have many questions. At this point, I know I'm going to forget some, so I don't know if perhaps I should add those I think off the this thread (would be good to have all my information in one place for me) or if the board requires me to start a new topic.But on with the questions:1.) Why should I believe in God / Be a Christian?2.) Why would God allow such bad things happen to me?3.) What about Evolution? And science?4.) What if an athiest lived a just life, would he be denied Heaven just for not believing? And what of people from other religions?5.) Have you ever experiences a miracle that cannot be other wise explained?6.) Why should homosexuals and other groups be so excluded?7.) Have you ever questioned your faith? Why or why not?Okay I'm sure there's more but I think that will do for now. Thank you anyone who replies. I appreciate it.
Hey pilditIt looks like many people have anwered but I have a unique view on things so here I go1.I cannot speak for you, I know I am a christian because God has spoken to me in his own voice, filled me with his Holy Spirit, and gives me his strength. I have found the truthI am only hoping that you will too.2. I believe the answer can be found in the book of Job.In short God lets things happen to you so that you can grow closer to him. In the bible Job is the holiest man in Isreal until God lets Satan test Job kill his livestock, burn down his house, kill his family, and covers him in boils. And yet Job never lost faith in God and in the end God awarded him with more than Job ever had.The same apply's to us. God is waiting for you to push through these test and restore your faith in him so that he can give you more than you ever had.3. I believe God works within science, but only through correct science. 4.If someone flat out refuses Jesus's gift they will not go to heaven. But on the other side of the equation Gods mercy is limitless and he is fair. So basically I don't know its not my job to decide who goes into heaven. All I know is christianity makes it A HECK of a lot easier, and is the true way to God.5. Yes, every sunday6.There not. Christianity excludes no one. We only ask that once they find the truth that they turn away from thier ways.7. Yes, the last time was.....one week ago. But God always brings me back. I have a lot to be thankful for.God bless youRyan Fitz

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
But on with the questions:1.) Why should I believe in God / Be a Christian?2.) Why would God allow such bad things happen to me?3.) What about Evolution? And science?4.) What if an athiest lived a just life, would he be denied Heaven just for not believing? And what of people from other religions?5.) Have you ever experiences a miracle that cannot be other wise explained?6.) Why should homosexuals and other groups be so excluded?7.) Have you ever questioned your faith? Why or why not?Okay I'm sure there's more but I think that will do for now. Thank you anyone who replies. I appreciate it.
1.) Any other way will just lead to destruction.2.) God breaks a person to make them realize how much they need God. Some of the most holy people have lost everything. And God uses them in miraculous ways.3.) I explained it a few posts back. In short, evolution is tainted. It's not the truth. The only truth in that is adaptation.4.) Without God, there would be no heaven. And heaven is eternal worship (it may sound terrible, but if you've ever been in the presence of God with the Holy Spirit, you never want to turn back!).5.) The Holy Spirit itself is a miracle. You'll realize this once you experience it.6.) Why should murderers be excluded? It's sin. God does not allow sinful people into the kingdom because they are rebels. God is all light, and sin is darkness.7.) Satan always tries to knock Christians off balance. One of the most common ways is for a Christian to question his or her faith. But since I've seen way too much, I can not really turn back. I just don't want to. Every once in a while I get a wicked thought ("Is this really real?"). But then I'm reminded that it is real.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Pildit;37275)
You're right about that.If you are right, I'll go to hell. If I'm right, you lose nothing.But I'm not going to suddenly turn around and say "okay I believe" through fear. That's scare mongering. If I believe, it has to be because I really, truely do not because I'm scared I'll go to hell if I don't.
I know, I don't usually say that but I was trying to get you to think. I don't want you to turn to God out of fear, that is the last thing I want. When you come to God it has to be sincere, not driven by fear. And no I didn't expect you to immediately say "I believe", again I just wanted you to really think about all this. And I am sure you are I am just trying to help out.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
Wakka;37273]God created adaptation. (Or micro evolution as you like to call it). Not macro evolution said:
No we didn't come from monkeys... we came from apes.
With what did the first animal capable of reproduction reproduce?
Single cells actually multiply or clone themselves.It depends on what you're defining as an animal.Either it would produce live young or eggs. A lot of that not only depends on the animal but it's surrounds and it's preditors.
How would an animal survive without blood clotting factors in their system? They would bleed to death without.
They wouldn't survive, but then animals still bleed to death now.
Why would any animal want to reproduce if it meant that there would be more mouths to feed, and survival would have been harder.
This doesn't mean it's harder. Nature has a balance. You find even now, if the insects are out later due to weather, the birds won't breed until then and if there is a shortage of food. They simply won't breed that year.
How did single celled organisms become multicelled organisms?
This seem to be by chance, but the single cell when dividing (thus mutliplying/cloning itself) failed to do so properly, so we end up with a mutlicelled organism. Which if selection has it so and favours this new combination, can be to an advantage by reducing the competition amoung smaller single cells.
Charles Darwin himself said, and I quote, "To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
That quote is always out of context... he actually went on to say:Reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to its possessor, as is certainly the case; if further, the eye ever varies and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case; and if such variations should be useful to any animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
You don't have to believe in evolution. I mean, it's still unproven.
There is more evidence presented to me for evolution but that doesn't mean I'm close minded about it.The Holy Spirit itself is a miracle.
Discovery of the real Noah's Ark:part 1: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5ORpMTebI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5ORpMTebI[/url]Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7nN80dIw8
Watched. I invite you to watch - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0dBFqJZc0
Right first of all, let me say near the end of Part 1, they've done nothing but LOOK around and then they say "but we also knew there had to be more evidence than this to convince others". All they did was LOOK and they're convinced it's some sort of proof for their beliefs. The power of suggestion is very powerful in their minds and didn't see this (from what I can gather) as "lets see what this is" it was "lets prove this is what we THINK it is".This is very interesting and I do remember watching all this before, maybe there was a city, maybe these are the cities (the doctumentary you showed me doesn't show much evidence that it IS those cities).If so, this proves only one thing... the bible was written about OR inspired by real places on this occation.
This is just something I cannot get my head around right now.
There is just so much into Christianity that people do not know. That even some Christians do not know. It's faith, but there is also archaeological, historical and mathematical evidence to back up God.
Then show me.
And believing in God, what's the worst that could happen? Your life will be in order, and you'll receive blessings. You'll even make trustworthy friends who'll stay with you until the end. That's the brotherly love that Christians share.
I have trustworthy friends.It's not that I think something bad is going to happen if I do, but if I do believe. It should be because I REALLY do. Not because I thought "oh well what's the harm".

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Wakka;37276)
You can only truly read the Bible as it is meant to be read with the Holy Spirit. It's a book that opens up to you.
I know this. When I believed, one of the christians I look(ed) up to told me not to get into demonations of church, just read the bible and pray that God reveals the true meaning.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Letsgofishing;37282)
3. I believe God works within science, but only through correct science.
As with the others, I'd be interested to know more about this.
7. Yes, the last time was.....one week ago. But God always brings me back. I have a lot to be thankful for.
May I ask why you questioned, what brought you back?

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Wakka;37286)
4.) Without God, there would be no heaven. And heaven is eternal worship (it may sound terrible, but if you've ever been in the presence of God with the Holy Spirit, you never want to turn back!).
This doesn't however answer my question.
5.) The Holy Spirit itself is a miracle. You'll realize this once you experience it.
Many people have told me that now but I'm talking about miracles - things that are unmistakably real, but cannot be explained by anything other than God.
6.) Why should murderers be excluded? It's sin. God does not allow sinful people into the kingdom because they are rebels. God is all light, and sin is darkness.
I didn't suggest murderers should be excluded.
7.) Satan always tries to knock Christians off balance. One of the most common ways is for a Christian to question his or her faith. But since I've seen way too much, I can not really turn back. I just don't want to. Every once in a while I get a wicked thought ("Is this really real?"). But then I'm reminded that it is real.
How are you reminded that it's real?

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(followerofchrist;37296)
I know, I don't usually say that but I was trying to get you to think. I don't want you to turn to God out of fear, that is the last thing I want. When you come to God it has to be sincere, not driven by fear. And no I didn't expect you to immediately say "I believe", again I just wanted you to really think about all this. And I am sure you are I am just trying to help out.
I know you're trying to help, it wasn't my intention to throw it back at you. I am thinking about this, but I don't want to believe in something just because I'm afraid.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Noah's Ark:1) God brought Noah all of the animals.2) And it was all of every KIND of animal. You don't take all species of dogs, just two dogs. This was the case.Evolution:1. Where did matter come from?2. Where did space for the universe come from?3. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)?4. How did matter get so perfectly organized?5. Where did energy come from to do all of the organizing?6. When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?7. Where, when, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself?8. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a commmon Creator instead of a common ancestor?
Here is one of the many arguments for the existence of God: the cosmological argument. The argument is simply this: The cosmos is here and must be explained as to how it got here. This argument is using the law of cause and effect, which states: Every effect must have a preceding and adequate cause. What does it mean by adequate? Well, the building didn’t collapse because a mosquito landed on it. The tsunami didn’t hit because someone threw a pebble into the ocean.Now, when it comes to explaining the existence of the universe, you only get three possibilities: (1) the universe is eternal (it has always been here), (2) the universe created itself, or (3) something created the universe. There is no other possibility except to claim that the universe is simply an illusion and does not exist—but I don’t think you would buy that. So let’s examine these three possibilities to see which is the most reasonable.First, is the universe eternal? Absolutely not. We know this is true because of the universally recognized second law of Thermodynamics (the law of energy decay or entropy).This law states that everything goes downhill from order to disorder, more usable energy to less. This law is the reason why heat flows from hot to cold and why this building will fall apart if it is not kept up with. If someone doesn’t believe in the second law of thermodynamics, just challenge them to live forever; even with this awesome machinery we have in our bodies, you will eventually wear out and die.We can see that the universe is running down and wearing out; the stars are burning up, the radioactive atoms are decaying, etc. As Psalm 102:26 says, the heavens “will wear out like a garment.” Given enough time, the universe will experience what some call a “heat death” where there is maximum entropy; every part of the universe will be the same temperature, and no further work will be possible (speaking of energy transfer); all energy will be evenly distributed.Eternal things obviously do not wear out because they would have had an infinite amount of time to come to their end. Since you cannot have an end without a beginning, the universe must have had a beginning. Evolutionary astronomer Dr. Robert Jastrow said, “Now three lines of evidence—the motions of the galaxies, the laws of thermodynamics, the life story of the stars—pointed to one conclusion; all indicated that the Universe had a beginning.” And everything that has a beginning has a cause. This building had a beginning, you had a beginning, therefore there must have been a preceding and adequate cause.The evolutionists know this and so they came up with the “big bang” theory from that “cosmic egg” (the universe exploded into existence). But there is still a major problem—you have to explain where that “cosmic egg” came from. As it has been said, “There must be a cosmic chicken.”Some scientists like Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov proposed the oscillating universe theory to avoid a beginning. This theory states that the universe acts like a yo-yo; it explodes and then gravity pulls it back in, and then the process repeats itself over and over. But the second law of Thermodynamics still refutes that idea, since each cycle would exhaust more and more usable energy. The universe is not eternal!Ok, that brings us to the second possibility: Did the universe create itself? I think Hebrews 3:4 answers that pretty well, “...every house is built by someone...”Let’s say I walk into my livingroom and see a crayon drawing of our family on the wall. When I ask my daughter where it came from, will I accept her answer of, “It just appeared there; it came from nothing”? Her grandparents might, but I won’t.It is pretty clear that something cannot bring itself into existence. As R.C. Sproul has said, “It is impossible for something to create itself. The concept of self-creation is a contradiction in terms, a nonsense statement . . . It would have to have the causal power of being before it was. It would have to have the power of being before it had any being with which to exercise that power.” As it has been said, “Nothing scratched its head one day and decided to become something.” I’m sorry to have to drop this bombshell on you, but from nothing, comes nothing.Besides, the First Law of Thermodynamics (the law of energy conservation) argues against it. The First Law of Thermodynamics states that in a closed system (without a God, this Universe would have to be a closed system) the amount of energy present in that system is constant (it cannot be created or destroyed), it can only be converted from one form to another. So, if the Universe initially contained no energy, and then it spontaneously generated all of the energy in the Universe now, the First Law would be violated. Without intervention from an outside force, the amount of energy in the Universe would have remained constant and unchanged at zero.And now the third possibility: Did something create the universe? If the universe is not eternal and could not have created itself, then the only remaining alternative is that the universe was created by something or Someone. This would have to be a transcendent, eternal, self-existing being. I can find only one satisfactory explanation to our conundrum, and that is found in Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”Someone may argue, “If the universe needs a cause, then why doesn’t God need a cause; who created God?” The answer is, everything that has a beginning has a cause; God, unlike the universe, did not have a beginning. Time is linked to matter and space (as we can see from Einstein’s general relativity). If God created the universe, then He created time along with matter and space. If God created time, then He is outside of time and doesn’t need a beginning.What is more absurd, to believe that God Created everything out of nothing or that nothing turned itself into everything? The fact is, we live in a Universe that is an effect. There must be a preceding and adequate cause for it. The only thing that makes sense is a Creator who is more powerful than anything we can imagine.

Mathematics and ProphecyWhat are the odds of Jesus Christ being the Son of God? The following is taken from the book "A Scientific Analysis of Genesis" by Dr. Edward F. Blick, PHD. There are 300 prophecies in the Old Testament that were fulfilled by the first coming of Jesus Christ. Professor Peter Stoner, a mathematician in one of California’s colleges, gave a homework assignment concerning Old testament prophecies and probability. There were 48 students in the class and each student was assigned the problem of estimating the probability that Jesus Christ just happened to fulfill one of the prophecies by chance. For example, one student may have been assigned the prophecy in Micah 5:2 which states that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Well, Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem, so this student had to estimate that out of all the places on earth, what were the odds that a person from the land of Israel would be born in Bethlehem.To get the total probability that Jesus Christ by chance alone happened to fulfill 48 prophecies, the individual probabilities had to be multiplied together. After doing so, Professor Stoner found that the total probability was one chance out of 10 to the 180th power (one followed by 180 zeros). To put it another way, the chances that Jesus Christ actually is the Son of God, in compliance with Old Testament prophecy, are greater than 10 to the 180th power, to one. This was calculated using only 48 of the 300 prophecies, so undoubtedly the odds are much larger than 10 to the 180th power to one.The odds of 10 to the 180th power, to one are more of a sure thing than anything you can predict in the future. For example, let’s suppose you are 20 years old and, based on insurance mortality tables, we knew the yearly death rate of people who were 20 years of age. It turns out that the chances of you dying in the next second are one chance out of 10 billion, or to turn it around, the chances of you living in the next second are 10 to the 10th power to one. Ten to the 10th power is an extremely large number, bur infinitesimally small compared to 10 to the 180th! To put it another way, the chances that Jesus Christ is actually the Son of God are substantially greater than the chances you have of being alive in the next second!
And my favorite one. Psalms chapter 22.(Wakka)
If you're witnessing to a Jew, please use this fulfilled prophesy of the Old Testament to back up Jesus' crucifixion.Psalm 22 - The prophecyPsalm 22:6-186. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.7. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,[Verses 6 & 7] He was aware of their scorn.8. He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.[Verse 8] He could hear the mocking words.9. But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.10. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.[Verse 10] Doesn't describe the crucification, but does explain that Jesus is of a virgin and His father is the Lord.12. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.13. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.[Verses 9 through 13] He was praying to the Lord.14. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.[Verse 14] The strain of crucifixion pulled his bones out of joint, and the loss of blood made His heart feel as though it were melting.15. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.[Verse 15] His strength completely left Him, and thirst caused His tongue to adhere to His mouth.16. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.[Verse 16] They pierced His hands and feet.17. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.18. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.[Verse 18] He could see them gambling for His clothes.
This scripture dating from way before the crucifixion details Christ's death. And we all know that Christ did die on the cross, and that he was real.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Pildit;37309)
I know you're trying to help, it wasn't my intention to throw it back at you. I am thinking about this, but I don't want to believe in something just because I'm afraid.
I wouldn't want you to go to God for that reason. When you come to God, not if, because I truly believe that God is going to reveal himself to you because you appear very sincere about this. And when you do, I want you to do it because your ready, and you will be so HAPPY you did! Not afraid.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(followerofchrist;37314)
I wouldn't want you to go to God for that reason. When you come to God, not if, because I truly believe that God is going to reveal himself to you because you appear very sincere about this. And when you do, I want you to do it because your ready, and you will be so HAPPY you did! Not afraid.
I agree. There is reason to be afraid. But once you know God, you'll love him with everything in you! And he'll bless your life.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Pildit;37279)
It's not only decieving them though, it's also decieving myself.It's like me giving ice-cream to a friend who has issues at the moment and convicing myself that the ice-cream will solve all their problems. It won't. The thought of me giving them the ice-cream might make them smile for a while yes, but it won't solve their problems.
I didn't say it would solve all their problems or yours but talking to Him would be the beginning. You must make that step. Why would talking to your Father and asking Him to help a friend be deceiving them? You aren't making promises....they aren't yours to give.
Example: I recently read Knees Up Mother Earth by Robert Rankin, basically evil could be unleashed and earth in peril, caught up in this are two normal people and a Professor who knows a lot. He keeps telling them that everything will be fine, the world won't end and the evils WILL be defeated. Near the end of the book... they are.
Many things have been spoken and written Pildit but you should put your trust in no man :naughty:. Even if it sounds intelligent, wonderful, inspiring....."Take heed that ye be not deceived:" [Luke 21:8]
I don't understand why this came from.
The first prophecy of Gen. 3:15 was laying out the whole story of what will be. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heel."In the beginning two lines were begun in this world. That of Christ and that of Satan. Eve was the mother of both lines but with different fathers. The line of Satan continues today through Cain, just as the line of Adam through Seth. That is THE CONTROVERSY. That is why we are here. We must make a decision on following her Seed (Christ), or Satan's seed.As is written....God placed "enmity" between the two lines and that struggle continues today and shall until He arrives again. Satan bruised the heel of Christ on the cross but Christ will bruise the head of Satan and that is a killing blow.......Whirlwind