Veterans

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is 2018. Millionaire athletes are kneeling.

Liberal politicians are claiming to have served in Nam when they did not. They do not support our wounded Vets. They want to strip financial support from active duty personnel.

Liberals do not want to defend our nation and want open borders and a lot more. Some even attack and murder our police in the streets.

As a Vet who work in naval intelligence covering Russia, China and Nam I'm deeply all offended and disgusted and will never forget the welcome home I got.

I personally am sick and tired of this.

Sorry, folks, but it builds up and after awhile I just have to vent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue
But my friend consider what Jesus as a man went through. He certainly was less deserving of mistreatment and persecution than you and I or anyone else? Yet in spite of that he said from the cross, And what was he said as he was dying on the cross?
"...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..." Luke 23:34

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue
But my friend consider what Jesus as a man went through. He certainly was less deserving of mistreatment and persecution than you and I or anyone else? Yet in spite of that he said from the cross, And what was he said as he was dying on the cross?
"...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..." Luke 23:34

Yes, he said that. But do not forget either no one is forgiven unless they first repent.

What I am talking about is the the U.S. Has been sliding into apostasy. It began before either of us were born.

God is being banned from many places.

Many have a false idea we're supposed to just forgive everything. Yet the bible says the strongman defense his own.

Day Christ forgive those in the temple area? No. He overturned their tables and beat them a stick. He called the leaders vipers and asses.

You also have to consider the situation of when he said it.

Forgiveness is not blanket. It is conditional.

Why did Jesus say “Father, forgive them” on the cross?

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to veterans.
Friends, neighbors and family have served. Thanks to all.

John Henry "henny" Bewley. Boyhood friend. Died after returning from Vietnam. Henny had a great laugh I'll never forget.

Sgt Ralph "Butch" Bolander. Army Rangers Vietnam. Lost a leg. A good friend and neighbor.

Mike Griffin. Gunboats Vietnam. Friend and neighbor that lives on our place.

Jody Witham. DAV, deceased. Korean War. Neighbor.

Pvt Harry S., neighbor, 100 % DAV, Vietnam . Fighting health issues.

Ernest Rush. Korean War. My shop teacher in school. Had a swatch of white hair where a sniper's bullet grazed him.

Pvt Harry Ray Jennings. Uncle, fought in France WWII. Now 90 Years young

Leut. Douglas Franklin Jennings, uncle, deceased. Occupation forces Japan.

Pvt Albert Clyde Jennings, father. WWII vet. Died in Ft. Roots VA after a 25 year internment.

Cprl Roy Gene Jennings, youngest brother, medic Vietnam era 100% DAV.

Sgt Jimmy Jennings, brother USAF, DAV, and flight line mechanics supervisor Vietnam era.

Cpl Joe Hardin, marines, DAV Vietnam era. Joe is a friend and former coworker/fishing buddy. Lost a leg up to the hip from a face to face encounter with a NVA regular. Great guy with a wonderful attitude.

Pvt. Frank Schulte. Brother's FIL, Deceased. Korean War veteran. Purple heart. Jeep ran over a land mine. Frank carried several pieces of inoperable shrapnel until his death. Chronic pain and a bad limp were souvenirs from that war.

Pvt Mike Martin, Deceased. My BIL, Korean War veteran. POW not once but twice and lived through it but NEVER spoke of it.

Mike's memorial service. I videoed the outside conclusion. Taps played always brings a tear or two.

A host of others too long to list thanks to them and everyone, man or woman, that served so I had the liberty to type this

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As to veterans.
Friends, neighbors and family have served. Thanks to all.

John Henry "henny" Bewley. Boyhood friend. Died after returning from Vietnam. Henny had a great laugh I'll never forget.

Sgt Ralph "Butch" Bolander. Army Rangers Vietnam. Lost a leg. A good friend and neighbor.

Mike Griffin. Gunboats Vietnam. Friend and neighbor that lives on our place.

Jody Witham. DAV, deceased. Korean War. Neighbor.

Pvt Harry S., neighbor, 100 % DAV, Vietnam . Fighting health issues.

Ernest Rush. Korean War. My shop teacher in school. Had a swatch of white hair where a sniper's bullet grazed him.

Pvt Harry Ray Jennings. Uncle, fought in France WWII. Now 90 Years young

Leut. Douglas Franklin Jennings, uncle, deceased. Occupation forces Japan.

Pvt Albert Clyde Jennings, father. WWII vet. Died in Ft. Roots VA after a 25 year internment.

Cprl Roy Gene Jennings, youngest brother, medic Vietnam era 100% DAV.

Sgt Jimmy Jennings, brother USAF, DAV, and flight line mechanics supervisor Vietnam era.

Cpl Joe Hardin, marines, DAV Vietnam era. Joe is a friend and former coworker/fishing buddy. Lost a leg up to the hip from a face to face encounter with a NVA regular. Great guy with a wonderful attitude.

Pvt. Frank Schulte. Brother's FIL, Deceased. Korean War veteran. Purple heart. Jeep ran over a land mine. Frank carried several pieces of inoperable shrapnel until his death. Chronic pain and a bad limp were souvenirs from that war.

Pvt Mike Martin, Deceased. My BIL, Korean War veteran. POW not once but twice and lived through it but NEVER spoke of it.

Mike's memorial service. I videoed the outside conclusion. Taps played always brings a tear or two.

A host of others too long to list thanks to them and everyone, man or woman, that served so I had the liberty to type this
Good to remember what they endured.

Thank-you for mentioning them all.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he said that. But do not forget either no one is forgiven unless they first repent.

What I am talking about is the the U.S. Has been sliding into apostasy. It began before either of us were born.

Are they sliding or are they as a nation already a forgone conclusion?
God is being banned from many places.
He was banned from many people's hearts long before the physical attempts to ban Him became so blatant.

Many have a false idea we're supposed to just forgive everything. Yet the bible says the strongman defense his own.

Day Christ forgive those in the temple area? No. He overturned their tables and beat them a stick. He called the leaders vipers and asses.

Forgiveness is not blanket. It is conditional.
What condition did he put on his forgiveness of the ones who put him to death?

As to your real complaint in the OP I do agree as I was also a Viet Nam vet who simply did the job I thought I was supposed to do. I remember the faces of friends who never came home to see their families again... and I was no combat soldier.

But, the United States has done much worse than that to other soldiers than what they did to Viet Nam veterans . Consider the attacks ordered against World War I veterans who simply wanted from Congress the little bit of money they had been promised. The government sent federal army troops against these vets in Washington DC

From
By Terence McArdle
July 28, 2017 Washington Post:

"The troops massed on the Ellipse, right outside the White House: More than two hundred soldiers on horseback, plus men on foot and five tanks.

On July 28, 1932, at the command of Gen. Douglas MacArthur, they marched down Pennsylvania Avenue toward the Capitol to launch an attack on World War I veterans.

It was the height of the Great Depression. Nearly 20,000 unemployed veterans had converged on Washington to demand bonus payments from Congress and President Herbert Hoover. Led by Walter W. Waters, a former sergeant from Oregon, they called themselves the Bonus Army or Bonus Expeditionary Forces, a nod to World War I’s American Expeditionary Forces."

Consider that US involvement in that war had ended 14 years before. The money to pay the bonuses promised still had not been appropriated.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

He was banned from many people's hearts long before the physical attempts to ban Him became so blatant.

As to your real complaint in the OP I do agree as I was also a Viet Nam vet who simply did the job I thought I was supposed to do. I remember the faces of friends who never came home to see their families again... and I was no combat soldier.

But, the United States has done much worse than that to other soldiers than what they did to Viet Nam veterans . Consider the attacks ordered against World War I veterans who simply wanted from Congress the little bit of money they had been promised. The government sent federal army troops against these vets in Washington DC

From
By Terence McArdle

"The troops massed on the Ellipse, right outside the White House: More than two hundred soldiers on horseback, plus men on foot and five tanks.

On July 28, 1932, at the command of Gen. Douglas MacArthur, they marched down Pennsylvania Avenue toward the Capitol to launch an attack on World War I veterans.

It was the height of the Great Depression. Nearly 20,000 unemployed veterans had converged on Washington to demand bonus payments from Congress and President Herbert Hoover. Led by Walter W. Waters, a former sergeant from Oregon, they called themselves the Bonus Army or Bonus Expeditionary Forces, a nod to World War I’s American Expeditionary Forces."

Consider that US involvement in that war had ended 14 years before. The money to pay the bonuses promised still had not been appropriated.
...and the Veterans' Bureau under the Harding Presidency saw a lot of graft that the President didn't seem to know was happening.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Foregone and getting worse.

True. But also true that number banning him is growing rapidly.

The same condition all must meet for forgiveness. I doubt many met it.

I agree.

Technically not a combat soldier, but most who knew what I did included me in their ranks.

I saw my share of blood. Things you simply cannot forget.

Understood. As a kid I knew people who served as far back as the Spanish American War. Lost a number of relatives. Born during the Korean war.

By Terence McArdle

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 3.13-15)

Reactions: CoreIssue

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I personally am sick and tired of this.
There is no question that the politicians of both the USA and Canada have treated veterans very, very shabbily. They pretend to honor their sacrifices one day of the year, and desecrate their memories every other day of the year. Veterans Affairs was a total disaster while Obama was in office, and I am not sure if Mr. Trump has cleaned out that mess either.

The other thing which should concern people is how the politicians have sent out young men as cannon fodder in a number of futile and pointless wars, while betraying their countries at the same time.

When he took office, Trump should have simply brought back all American soldiers posted overseas and put them to work at the southern border. By now that wall would have become a reality, and migrant and drug cartel invasion would have become a thing of the past. That is a national security issue without a shadow of doubt.

Reactions: Vince

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Amadeus may be pointing out that rather than encouraging the hate we feel, perhaps THIS is an attitude Christ would rather see:

I want to be more loving in my heart. I want to be more loving.

Often there are good and sufficient reasons for exercising what seems a clear direct resentment. Again and again I find it hard to hold in check the sharp retort, the biting comeback, even when it seems that someone has done violence to my self respect and decent regard. How natural it seems to give as good as I get. To take nothing lying down, to announce to all and sundry in a thousand ways that no one can run over me and get away with it.

All this is a part of the thicket in which my heart gets caught again and again. But deep within me I want to be more loving. To glow with a warmth that will take the chill off of the room, which I share with those whose lives touch mine in the traffic of my goings and comings.

I want to be more loving. I want to be more loving in my heart.

It is often easy to have the idea in mind, the plan to be more loving; to see it with my mind and give consent to the thought of being loving. This is crystal clear. But I want to be more loving in my heart. I must feel like loving. I must ease the tension in my heart that ejects the sharp barb, the stinging word.

I want to be more loving with unconscious awareness and deliberate intent: Unconscious awareness and deliberate intent. I shall be a kind, a gracious human being. Thus those who walk the way with me may find it easier to love. To be gracious because of the love of God which is increasingly expressed in my living. I want to be more loving in my heart.

~Howard Thurman

Reactions: amadeus and Pisteuo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howard Thurman was quite a man. Here are but three of his quotes:

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism.

Follow the grain in your own wood.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howard Thurman was quite a man. Here are but three of his quotes:

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism.

Follow the grain in your own wood.
True.

But so is:
Ecclesiastes 3:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Working in intelligence showed me it is foolish to take things at face value.

Like Japan negotiating peace to cover up their fleets sailing to destroy Pearl Harbor.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk
...and the Veterans' Bureau under the Harding Presidency saw a lot of graft that the President didn't seem to know was happening.
Some people are more innocent or guilty than others, but who has been innocent in the eyes of God? Who has not been dead in the eyes of God?

Some men have worked to make this American dream better, but when they leaned heavily on their own abilities rather than God's, how successful were they? Did this nation, USA, have a better start than the natural children of Israel when God led them through Moses out of Egypt into the wilderness? Man's problem has always been following his own lead instead of simply following God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

Foregone and getting worse.

Well the time is getting short for everyone who is not where they need to be. Those who expecting to fix the problem by fixing our nation's problem are already missing the most important thing.

True. But also true that number banning him is growing rapidly.

This doesn't change the only place where real comfort may be found. If God is not fixing the nation and the nation as a whole is not interested in taking hold of these words...

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
" II Chron 7:14

… how much hope does the nation have of being given a renewed opportunity?
But, of course each individual still has hope until he runs out of time.

The same condition all must meet for forgiveness. I doubt many met it.

But be slow to reject anyone unless you are given a specific instruction to lay off as He did to Samuel regarding King Saul [I Sam 16:1]…

I agree.

Technically not a combat soldier, but most who knew what I did included me in their ranks.

I saw my share of blood. Things you simply cannot forget.

Keep trusting in God the One who is always there.

Understood. As a kid I knew people who served as far back as the Spanish American War. Lost a number of relatives. Born during the Korean war.

I was born during WWII so my personal memories don't go back much farther, but if we search available records carefully there is information... which often disagrees with what we were taught in school. We were often or even always taught to see our country and its government as being on the side of good and of God. In the war between the States, there really was a problem with that as both sides claimed to be on God's side.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revisiting this topic, seems to me it's gotten worse.

We have a lot of us suffering vets. But the liberal focuses on LGBT and illegals.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The president is making changes, but it is a rough road ahead due to Congress and old-timers system that need to be weeded out.