Victor Davis Hanson~ Subject: "The coup we never knew!"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians need to make sure they don't get too caught up in political stuff
"too caught up in" = there is a degree that it is proper to be caught up in.
It's a hard pill to swallow but the United States is and will be becoming irrelevant on the world stage
"will be becoming irrelevant" = The US is relevant on the world stage now.

Do not move an ancient boundary stone set up by your ancestors.
Proverbs 22:28

I know the Lord got on to me a few years back letting me know I was putting too much emphasis on being an American rather than emphasizing being a citizen of the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ
"too much emphasis" = there is a degree of emphasis that it is proper to be caught up in.
Some folks need to re-arrange their priorities and put God's Kingdom first place and quit paying so much attention to and worrying about politics...
Today, saying one puts 'God first' is taken to mean God only. This is not wise and demonstrates what is wrong with modern day Christianity, abdicating the field of politics to the enemy. The Crusades were NOT fought because of the long standing aversion Christians had to getting into dirty politics! We ought to be proud how Christians made big and good, political differences in the world.

The Crusades curtailed centuries of Islamic attacks on Christian nations. Christians like Christopher Columbus made religion the driver for their poltical aspirations. The Mayflower Compact, the first Constitution in the new world, was made by devout Christians who only came to the outskirts of civilization because of their religious faith. The US Founding Father's relied on the Bible more than any other source of inspiration for their rebellion.

Fact is, man is a political animal. (Politics means more than government but collective organization). I am a Christian, yes BUT ALSO an:
  1. American,
  2. Ohion,
  3. Clevelander,
  4. employee,
  5. landlord,
  6. Compassion International, CUFI and serve in many other organizations +
  7. I'm a husband,
  8. father,
  9. brother,
  10. neighbor

with many responsibilities and interests. No one in the modern age has only one identity and one interest - and if they do, it would be the height of irresponsibility - in violation of Biblical commands.

20 Yes, each of you should remain as you were when God called you. 21 Are you a slave? Don’t let that worry you—but if you get a chance to be free, take it. 22 And remember, if you were a slave when the Lord called you, you are now free in the Lord. And if you were free when the Lord called you, you are now a slave of Christ. 23 God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world.[g] 24 Each of you, dear brothers and sisters, should remain as you were when God first called you.
1 COR 7

I consider this post to be hijacking. Nearly every time a political - or practical application for Christianity - thread is presented here at CyB, there are such dire posts warning against "excess" focus on the world, denying proper focus on this world is something that exists. This thwarts proper focus on the world around us.

If you are correct, where are the Christian groups opposing Christian charities on the grounds that it is too political, each of us should move as the Spirit moves us, abanding ANY and ALL collective efforts to make the world a better place?

As Pastor Steve Cioccolanti says, STAY IN YOUR LANE. Do what the Holy Spirit nudges you to do. Stop interferring what the Holy Spirit nudges other people to do. If your not interested in discussing a thread topic, remember you are not required to make hijacking posts.

1703788562987.png

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The US is relevant on the world stage now.

And our relevancy is growing smaller by the day... eventually the US will be meaningless on the world stage and the globalists will have a free hand at bringing forth the one world government and it's one world leader.. the anti-christ.

there is a degree of emphasis that it is proper to be caught up in.

Being a citizen of God's Kingdom is what I'm called to.

This world will pass away so feel free to concern yo self with all things of this life... I'm going to pay attention to being a citizen of God's Kingdom to support getting folks born again and making disciples.

Things that have eternal rewards... political stuff does not have any eternal reward as the only reward one gets out of politics is the warm and fuzzy feeling one gets when their political party experiences a little victory. So enjoy!

saying one puts 'God first' is taken to mean God only. This is not wise and demonstrates what is wrong with modern day Christianity, abdicating the field of politics to the enemy

Where in the bible did the early Christians get engages in the politics of the Roman empire?

Where did the Lord teach we are called to change governments and to change the world, to take over the world for Jesus?

Christians like Christopher Columbus made religion the driver for their poltical aspirations.

Christopher Columbus was not a Christian.... he was an Italian explorer and navigator from the Republic of Genoa who completed four Spanish-based voyages across the Atlantic Ocean sponsored by the catholic monarchs

He was a catholik, not a Christian. The catholiks believe they are called to take over the entire world for Jesus... but scriptures does not teach this as being the great commission.

The US Founding Father's relied on the Bible more than any other source of inspiration for their rebellion.

Most of the founding fathers were deists and member of the masonic order... not Christians.

Most of the "Christians" of that era were followers of John Calvin and/or Martin Luther or catholicism ... all of which were false doctrine... must like it is today!

I consider this post to be hijacking

Why you wanna be a hijacker???

If you are correct, where are the Christian groups opposing Christian charities on the grounds that it is too political, each of us should move as the Spirit moves us, abanding ANY and ALL collective efforts to make the world a better place?

Nothing wrong with being charitable... but let's not be naive in thinking Christians are going to take over the world for Jesus... this is what many religious people believe who only claim to be Christians which leads them straight in to the one world religion

When the globalists get their marketing going in full time to bring forth support for their one world government, a big part of that will be religion... all inclusive, ecumenical religion where God's Word is tossed out and only mankind's dark understand is allowed for religious thought.

They are going to be so deceptive that many who claim to be Christians will believe the one world leader was sent by God Himself to save the world and make planet earth a place full of peace for the good of all mankind.

God's Word says . . .they will cray peace, peace... but there will be NO peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

Jesus said He came to bring division

Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Last edited:

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was a catholik, not a Christian. The catholiks believe they are called to take over the entire world for Jesus... but scriptures does not teach this as being the great commission.

Are you purposely misspelling Catholic on purpose?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christopher Columbus was not a Christian
You are in total denial.

1703791189596.png

From Columbus and Christianity: Did You Know? | Christian History Magazine
During Columbus’s voyages, the ships’ crews observed religious rites. Every time they turned the half-hour glass (their primary means of keeping time), they cried: “Blessed be the hour of our Savior’s birth / blessed be the Virgin Mary who bore him / and blessed be John who baptized him.” They finished each day by singing vespers together (although reportedly they sang out of tune).
Irish and French Catholics have argued that Columbus, who “brought the Christian faith to half the world,” should be named a saint. the move had the approval of Pope Pius IX (reign 1846–1878)
In the first fifteen years after the Spanish conquest of Mexico, Franciscans baptized about 5,000,000 Indians; priests in Mexico sometimes baptized thousands in a day.
A Catholic-Protestant “holy war” nearly erupted in present-day Florida in the late 1560s. Spanish leader Menendez de Avilez attacked and murdered French Protestant (Huguenot) settlers. Later the French sent a party to kill the Spaniards.
There was an Inquisition in the New World. It was established in 1570 and lasted until the 1800s.
San Diego, Santa Barbara, and the rest of the famous 21 missions of California, most founded by Franciscan Junipero Serra, were not the most successful North American enterprise of the Spaniards. They established 25 missions in New Mexico and 44 in Florida.
Usually, native Americans could serve in churches as interpreters, acolytes, and even teachers, but they were not allowed to become priests or friars.
Conquistador Hernando Cortes was greedy and violent, yet deeply religious. He sometimes preached the gospel, and he allowed himself to be publicly whipped for neglecting to attend worship. He once cried upon seeing a cross beside the road.
The first Christian worship service in North America was celebrated in Florida on August 25, 1563, the feast of St. Augustine. Formally founded in 1565, St. Augustine remains the oldest continuing settlement in the U.S.
Because of Columbus’s voyage and the resulting Spanish evangelistic efforts, Latin America has a higher percentage of professing Christians than that of any other region in the world.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are relevant today and therefore have a responsibility to act in a fallen world.

The by all means... go out and take over the world for Jesus then!

I'll check in on the evening news and see how that's working out for you.

And, WHEN you expect things to get better? Got a time line for that?

You are in total denial.

Christopher Columbus was not a Christian, we was a catholik

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christopher Columbus was not a Christian, we was a catholik

Catholics (please spell it correctly as there is no reason not to) are Christians. There are Catholics on this board and by saying they aren't Christian, you are breaking the rules of the forum.

• Wow
Reactions: Wrangler

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did the Lord or His Apostles teach believers to... pray to the dead?
(those that have died physically and have departed this world)

I'd be interested in seeing that in the Bible as well as praying the rosary, where is that in the Bible?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'd be interested in seeing that in the Bible as well as praying the rosary, where is that in the Bible?

That doesn't make them not Christians. There is no denomination that doesn't do something that isn't in the Bible. Will you call all those not Christian as well?

It is still breaking the forum rules to not call someone a Christian and by saying Catholics aern't Christians you are breaking the rules.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the bible did the early Christians get engages in the politics of the Roman empire?

Where did the Lord teach we are called to change governments and to change the world, to take over the world for Jesus?
LOL I already provided multiple verses supporting my position. You got nothing but modern luke warm so-called Christianity that has made itself irrelevant.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do know that the Catholics made the Bible, right?

From their point of view, they are the authority on Earth - on par with their work product, the Bible. Hard to humbly argue against it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that the Catholics made the Bible, right?

From their point of view, they are the authority on Earth - on par with their work product, the Bible. Hard to humbly argue against it.

You failed... try again!

Romans 3:1,2
What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Is your claim that those who are not catholiks are not Christians and will burn in hell for not joining the catholiks religion?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let's not be naive in thinking Christians are going to take over the world for Jesus
How it started:

Victor Davis Hanson~ Subject: "The coup we never knew!"​

How it's going:
let's not be naive in thinking Christians are going to take over the world for Jesus​

Are you a troll?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a troll?

I was thinking you were the troll? laughing.gif

We're just having a friendly exchange of thoughts and ideas... no need to get upset and offended.

Not everyone is going to agree with you ya know so you've got to be ready for that when it pops up.