Victor Davis Hanson~ Subject: "The coup we never knew!"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if a resource for what is purportedly an exposure of the dark governments agenda arrives to public attention,that then is part of that agenda.

I too have considered that possibility, however must yield to the reality that what God is making manifest in the world is not darkness unto darkness, but darkness unto light.

Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too have considered that possibility, however must yield to the reality that what God is making manifest in the world is not darkness unto darkness, but darkness unto light.

Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”
I think as long as the Adverse, Adversary, is let to remain lord here all is his doing,and in God's oversight.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.

You are one person capable of acting under different hats. Boss or employee, parent, etc...Me too. Are there three of you? Or one?
Of course there is only one of me.

The accusation, in another thread, is regarding having once been a Trinity believer, they no longer are.

When in fact we know that the Son was walking on earth with the Father in heaven , and the Holy Spirit was decending onto Jesus at His baptism and also came as the comforter at Pentecost (overly simplified) which says they are 3 but these 3 are one.

Bu I digress...again

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, we still have access to God's Word if one is willing to get in to the original greek and hebrew as we need to

You want people to learn Greek and Hebrew?

I tried to learn a different language twice in my life. First German in high school, I failed. Then French in college, I dropped out. My mind is not one for learning a new language.

I'll stick with English translations.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They you will be deceived... most english translations contain the religious bias of the translators.

Especially by the newer translations... lots of false doctrine going on as God's Word foretells would happen in the end times!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One does not need to learn greek and hebrew...

We have can easily look stuff up in greek and hebrew to see what it means and how the languages are used.

As I said, I will stick to English translations. I don't study my Bible as I have found that it does me no good. Never been one to study anyway, even in school. When I just read the Bible I learn more than when trying to study it. It's what I did in school and as an EMT student. I just retain things easier that way and learn more.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They you will be deceived... most english translations contain the religious bias of the translators.

Especially by the newer translations... lots of false doctrine going on as God's Word foretells would happen in the end times!

Your opinion that I will be deceived. God speaks to us in English translations and doesn't need us to read Greek or Hebrew to do it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinion that I will be deceived. God speaks to us in English translations and doesn't need us to read Greek or Hebrew to do it.

OK, so you will be taking in the bias of the translators.

God delivered the Old Testament to man in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek

Without using a greek / hebrew dictionary to verify what the translators are saying... you will end up believing some things God never actually said.

So, if you aren't in to accuracy wanting to know what God actually says... then I guess you are good to go then.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so you will be taking in the bias of the translators.

God delivered the Old Testament to man in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek

Without using a greek / hebrew dictionary to verify what the translators are saying... you will end up believing some things God never actually said.

So, if you aren't in to accuracy wanting to know what God actually says... then I guess you are good to go then.

Sounds like you are saying that God is too small to teach us with English translations and too small to have His word delivered in an English translation. I am sorry to read that.

I am neither Hebrew and only about 1% Greek and Balkan. English is my native language and is what I read. God can and does teach me and give me understanding through English translations.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you are welcome to believe whatever they tell you without looking up the meaning of the words you are reading... the "too small" part is not on God's end and it's being naive to believe everything is print is the absolute truth.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you are welcome to believe whatever they tell you without looking up the meaning of the words you are reading... the "too small" part is not on God's end and it's being naive to believe everything is print is the absolute truth.

What you are saying is that God can not teach me with an English translation and that I have to rely on dead languages. You are essentially saying that God is too small.

I am hardly naive. I am just not going to go and use Greek and Hebrew whatever to learn what God wants me to learn. It's no better than the KJV only crowd saying that you must use the KJV only only to read the Bible truly. Both positions are rubbish!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, I get it... Some folks are just not in to accuracy.

No. Has nothing to do with that.

You are saying that God is too small to teach me and I will use your word here, accuracy. He according to you, is too small to keep the accuracy of His word intact. That is not a position I will ever hold or agree with.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is not the One experiencing the "too small" part.

So, enjoy your belief that ALL english translations of the Bible are absolutely perfect.

If they were, then they wouldn't be translating so man y thing differently then one another... so who needs accuracy anyway?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is not the One experiencing the "too small" part.

So, enjoy your belief that ALL english translations of the Bible are absolutely perfect.

If they were, then they wouldn't be translating so man y thing differently then one another... so who needs accuracy anyway?

You have fully missed what I have said, which is not surprising. You have fun with YOU'RE thinking that God is too small. I never said that God was too small.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want people to learn Greek and Hebrew?

I tried to learn a different language twice in my life. First German in high school, I failed. Then French in college, I dropped out. My mind is not one for learning a new language.

I'd not take their observation seriously. They fail at debating the English Soteriology versions.