Video Games

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it a sin to go on mass-killing sprees in GTA?

For that matter, is it a sin for a child to play with army men who then "kill" other army men?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

For that matter, is it a sin for a child to play with army men who then "kill" other army men?

I have only played GTA San Andreas, but I don't play any GTA games now, because it doesn't feel morally right, it goes further than just mass killing sprees, most video games involve killing or beating your opponent anyway though, but GTA also involves themes such as cussing, theft, drugs, tagging (graffiti) and even sex, the GTA games are mainly based on thug, gang, criminal life, the GTA games have a storyline, but the storyline doesn't have to be played. Some people just play it to drive around in the open world and run away from cops in police pursuits.

But in the newer ones I believe you can also play as a cop.

Reactions: K9Buck

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have only played GTA San Andreas, but I don't play any GTA games now, because it doesn't feel morally right, it goes further than just mass killing sprees, most video games involve killing or beating your opponent anyway though, but GTA also involves themes such as cussing, theft, drugs, tagging (graffiti) and even sex, the GTA games are mainly based on thug, gang, criminal life, the GTA games have a storyline, but the storyline doesn't have to be played. Some people just play it to drive around in the open world and run away from cops in police pursuits.

But in the newer ones I believe you can also play as a cop.

In saying that in some Need for Speed games you can also run away from cops in police pursuits, but Need for Speed is driving and racing based, it's in no way a simulator though haha. :D

I like the newer NFS Hot Pursuit from 2010 I think it was, because it allows you to also play as a cop chasing street racers, and that can be pretty fun. :p

Need for Speed Most Wanted was one of my favourite NFS games though, I used to love that game as a kid. :D

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's just games, you want to debate about being more moral because you want to be a prude take it somewhere else. This is a fellowship forum.

In saying that in some Need for Speed games you can also run away from cops in police pursuits, but Need for Speed is driving and racing based, it's in no way a simulator though haha. :D

I like the newer NFS Hot Pursuit from 2010 I think it was, because it allows you to also play as a cop chasing street racers, and that can be pretty fun. :p

Need for Speed Most Wanted was one of my favourite NFS games though, I used to love that game as a kid. :D

In NFS the police have no worry from me I am always crashing :D

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to play Tomb Raider. :D
full

Lara Croft (as played by Terry6)​

Reactions: April_Rose

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I played Tomb Raider on the PSP but I got stuck on the shore in the very first part :D I played GTA but I take a motorcycle and jump the buildings, with limited success :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep :) Liked it

Yeah I forgot there was a remake,.. but I like the movies with Angelina Jolie better. :D (Don't care for her as a person or actress,.. but she made a pretty good Lara Croft. ;) )

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just games, you want to debate about being more moral because you want to be a prude take it somewhere else. This is a fellowship forum.

Lol you're hysterical.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds like very cool video games, i was playing streetfighter alpha for awhile but i just put tekken 3 back into the game console

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will have to look that one up.

I will too. It was designed for 32 bit PC, so when we switched to 64 bit and windows 8 &10 I lost all my PC games. There was another game that was really cool that was themed around Mayan temples called Serious Sam, I saw that steam had newer versions of that. I will have to check that one out too. Both games are FPS.

Serious Sam 4 on Steam

And it comes with a warning: "
This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages,
or may not be appropriate for viewing at work.
"

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I play GTA all the time. I simply asked a question about the morality of killing people in video games. And this is the "fellowship" forum? Lol! Thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by a moderator:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's good and sounds like fun, but not everyone is that outdoorsy type of person you know.

Exactly, like me since I am in a wheelchair and can't do a lot of outdoor activities.

Perhaps you should also understand in some video games, players get to play the role of some kind of hero, now is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I just found one on the Nintendo DS that let's me play a lawyer which helped me figure out my paralegal class homework, which I thought was very funny :)

Reactions: dev553344 and Josho