Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not once does Scripture call Mary "the Mother of God"

At the time of her supernatural conception;
The "holy thing" to be Born out of her Virgin Womb...Clearly was:
The Son of God.

Respect and Honor unto Mary is not taught in Scripture.

What is taught is SHE, MARY, "is Blessed".
She, Mary...(without having been with a man)...is Blessed with carrying, a child, delivering a child, raising a child.....the same BLESSING, any woman may experience (and MEN DO NOT)...
And Why, SHE Mary's Blessing would be understood by Women...
Calling Mary Blessed Among Women.

Mary was Jesus' LEGAL (by man's law) mother...and Joseph Jesus' LEGAL father.

And when The household of Joseph was required to Register the Number of his household IN the appointed city Bethlehem, Judea...(according TO man's Law, Roman Law, the governing Legal power over Judea,) Joseph's household went from Nazareth, Judea TO Bethlehem, to be counted:...and the counting of every Member of the Head of household, is called: a Census.

The HOLY THING...that was IN Mary's Virgin womb...was "the Word of God".

It "that holy thing" was given a Body...
Prepared of God....that that "holy thing" would Appear and BE Seen of earthly men...
That "as a man, who could BE "heard AND seen"...
Would Deliver the "Word" of God TO: the Lost Tribes of Israel And...SEE what He Does...as a SEEING "Example" for the Lost...TO DO the Same.

Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Why?
Because:
The Tribes "only" HEARING...was not satisfactory....they wanted TO SEE God.

Moses asked, Job asked to see God,
Samuel taught about the difficult IF of teaching about an UNSEEN God...

God called those who heard, and Could not believe without SEEING...stiffnecked.

Ex 32:
[9] And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

Exod.33
Acts 9:[51] Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

And Jesus said:
John 20:
[29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

What does a person believe...when they SEE a statue that is called Jesus?
That they are seeing an Image of Jesus?

Glory to God,
Taken
Sooooo if scripture doesn’t tell you to respect and honor Mary you don’t have to or shouldn’t do it???

Oh goodness....thank you for your time.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can refer to Paul's post, whose wife is Catholic, whom he knows and trusts to tell Paul what she was taught in her Catholic upbringing by Catholics.

Dishonest is stating a lie...
Disagreeing is not dishonesty.

BOL claims everything he believes is honest and anyone who does not agree with him is dishonest, Wrong and a liar.

BOL does not know the difference between disagreement and honesty, and repeatedly plays the part of a fool, by his own accusations.
Is that not the pot calling the kettle black?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:16

I was giving Scripture ABOUT "WORKS"

You reply with a reference to a Scripture About Not Understanding Scripture.

What is your Point?

Scripture does not Understand Scripture?
You don't understand Scripture?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that not the pot calling the kettle black?

No.

the pot calling the kettle black. something you say that means people should not criticize someone else for a fault that they have themselves

Paul says what a Catholic has told him...

BOL says the Church doesn't teach that, and yet a Catholic says what she was taught by Catholics who were positioned to teach for the CC...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo if scripture doesn’t tell you to respect and honor Mary...

Did I say that? No, I did not...You did!

you don’t have to or shouldn’t do it???

Question, asking me?

Did I answer your question?

No.

Why not,

Oh goodness....thank you for your time.

Because your own mind, answered FOR me...
(Are you psychic ?)

And gave your response to your own minds thoughts...
(Cutting off, with a thanks for your time...expecting No Answer from me with my time.)

THAT ^ is a Learned behavior...Catholics are Proficient in doing...
Speaking for others...then pretending the other is Wrong.

TWISTED! And Corrupt! And Dishonest!

Reactions: Joseph77

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that worshiping a pagan Queen of Heaven and bowing down to her statue is the ultimate in foolishness. The three men who refused to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar's image and went through the fiery furnace would agree with me.
And repeating the fairy tale that Catholics "worship" Mary won't make it true - no matter HOW many times you try to convince yourself . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is that as the Church developed after the Fourth Century, and as Latin died out as a common language except for those in the hierarchy of the Church, and because of the invasion of heresies into the Church, and Constantine's pagan influences on the Church, new doctrines were being added in the form of new "revelations", and because the common people didn't have the Bible in their own languages to check whether these new "revelations" were true or not, they had to trust that the Church knew what it was doing.

Actually, we are seeing history repeating itself with many branches of the mainstream Charismatic movement where preachers and teachers are coming up with new "revelations" that they say the Holy Spirit is telling them through a direct voice; and teaching that the literal text of the Bible does not contain everything that God wants to say to believers.

So, the post-4th Century Church, was not the only one that had the same "extra-Biblical" issues. Even the Charismatic movement which I spent a good proportion of my Christian life, is suffering the same problems of false doctrine through extra-Biblical "revelation", in almost the exact way that the pre-Reformation Church had.
The most comically-ignorant thing about your post above is the idea that there was ANYTHING that was considered to be "extra-Biblical" by the 4th century.

Ummmmm, there WAS no Bible until the 4th century, Einstein.
Time for another History Lesson . . .

- The Synod of Rome (382) is where the canon was first formally identified.
- 11 years later, it was confirmed at the Synod of Hippo (393).
- 4 years later, at the Council (or Synod) of Carthage (397), it was yet again confirmed. The bishops wrote at the end of their document, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon". There were 44 bishops, including St. Augustine who signed the document.
- 7 years later, in 405, in a letter from Pope Innocent I to Exsuperius, Bishop of Toulouse, he reiterated the canon.
- 14 years after that, at the 2nd Council (Synod) of Carthage (419) the canon was again formally confirmed.

The Canon of Scripture was officially closed at the Council of Trent in the 16th century because of the perversions happening within Protestantism and the random editing and deleting of books from the Canon.

Them's the facts . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can refer to Paul's post, whose wife is Catholic, whom he knows and trusts to tell Paul what she was taught in her Catholic upbringing by Catholics.
Dishonest is stating a lie...
Disagreeing is not dishonesty.
BOL claims everything he believes is honest and anyone who does not agree with him is dishonest, Wrong and a liar.
BOL does not know the difference between disagreement and honesty, and repeatedly plays the part of a fool, by his own accusations.
Your statement above in RED is the first correct thing you've said in this entire thread.

Dishonesty IS stating a lie - and every time your fellow anti-Catholic @Paul Christensen makes a FALSE claim about what the Catholic Church teaches - it is a LIE.

When you agree with him - you share in his lies, making YOU just as guilty.
God doesn't give you a "pass" simply because YOU didn't come up with the lie - you shared in it.

See how that works?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement above in RED is the first correct thing you've said in this entire thread.

Dishonesty IS stating a lie - and every time your fellow anti-Catholic @Paul Christensen makes a FALSE claim about what the Catholic Church teaches - it is a LIE.

When you agree with him - you share in his lies, making YOU just as guilty.
God doesn't give you a "pass" simply because YOU didn't come up with the lie - you shared in it.

See how that works?

Get off your high horse...
Everyone is NOT pretending to be some pseudo Teacher of The Catholic Church!

If you would get a Q-tip and clean your years...
Nearly every thing that is said...Is WHAT they have been told by a "Catholic"....(and you have been told that)...whether or not it is "Official Catholic Church Doctrine"...it IS what they were taught in Catholic school...and IS what they believe and Do...

So stop claiming people are teaching "Catholic Doctrine "Wrong"...

They are relaying what Catholics have said THEY were taught and Do!

If what they DO is wrong...then your teacher nuns and Priests have Fail to correct them!

Stop trying to blame non-Catholics for your own Church's Failure to not have BRAINWASHED the entire population of Catholic members!

LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 721535, member: 7345]

Dishonesty IS stating a lie - and every time ... [/QUOTE]

You speak FOR others ... you Lie.

Close your yap and Sweep your own porch.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get off your high horse...
Everyone is NOT pretending to be some pseudo Teacher of The Catholic Church!
If you would get a Q-tip and clean your years...
Nearly every thing that is said...Is WHAT they have been told by a "Catholic"....(and you have been told that)...whether or not it is "Official Catholic Church Doctrine"...it IS what they were taught in Catholic school...and IS what they believe and Do...

So stop claiming people are teaching "Catholic Doctrine "Wrong"...

They are relaying what Catholics have said THEY were taught and Do!

If what they DO is wrong...then your teacher nuns and Priests have Fail to correct them!

Stop trying to blame non-Catholics for your own Church's Failure to not have BRAINWASHED the entire population of Catholic members!

LOL
And that's the difference between a Protestant who simply "disagrees" - and an anti-Catholic.

A Protestant who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching makes sure he has the facts that he is arguing against.
An anti-Catholic won't check his facts and simply argues with the worst rumor he can find - or knowingly uses a LIE to make his point.

Thanks for making it so clear . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak FOR others ... you Lie.
Close your yap and Sweep your own porch.
Actually - you haven't been able to point to a SINGLE instance - which is in itself a lie.
Good job . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's the difference between a Protestant who simply "disagrees" - and an anti-Catholic.

A Protestant who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching makes sure he has the facts that he is arguing against.

An anti-Catholic won't check his facts and simply argues with the worst rumor he can find - or knowingly uses a LIE to make his point.

Thanks for making it so clear . . .

Obviously it is NOT clear to you...

The Facts not a rumor...are Already stated, by what a Catholic says he was taught in a Catholic school AnD he Does!

You say but, but, but...you are wrong, the Catholic Doctrine doesn't say that....
SO WHAT? Listen carefully....
the Fact is not about what Catholic Doctrine Teaches...
The Facts are about what a Catholic has learned in a Catholic and Does with approval.

Stop blaming non-Catholics for your own Catholic teachers and Priests FAILURES!

Apparently there are Fractures "within" your own Catholic Church...

Sweep your own porch ... don't worry about what non-Catholics DO...plenty on this Forum have Disagreed with you...It matters not if they disagree or have a discussion with you about what Catholics tell them ("they" Learned and do)...you always have a Vile tongued response...< that is your reputation!
(Seems you learned that in Catholic school...but oops, that is probably not in your Catholic Doctrine)...toushe'

LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - you haven't been able to point to a SINGLE instance - which is in itself a lie.
Good job . . .

LOL...You have been called out on your lying FOR and about others....

You playing blind and deaf...and avoiding accountability...is not news.
It's the Spiritual blindness and deafness that will get you in the end...you will be accountable!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously it is NOT clear to you...
The Facts not a rumor...are Already stated, by what a Catholic says he was taught in a Catholic school AnD he Does!

You say but, but, but...you are wrong, the Catholic Doctrine doesn't say that....
SO WHAT? Listen carefully....
the Fact is not about what Catholic Doctrine Teaches...
The Facts are about what a Catholic has learned in a Catholic and Does with approval.

Stop blaming non-Catholics for your own Catholic teachers and Priests FAILURES!

Apparently there are Fractures "within" your own Catholic Church...
Sweep your own porch ... don't worry about what non-Catholics DO...plenty on this Forum have Disagreed with you...It matters not if they disagree or have a discussion with you about what Catholics tell them ("they" Learned and do)...you always have a Vile tongued response...< that is your reputation!
(Seems you learned that in Catholic school...but oops, that is probably not in your Catholic Doctrine)...toushe'

LOL
Wow - THREE exclamation points (!) and an "LOL" to boot . . .

Your psychotic rant aside - MOST anti-Catholics I come in contact with who claim to have been "former Catholics" are the most ignorant of ALL when it comes to Catholic teaching. They assume most of what they say is correct based on their OWN feelings and agenda - and not because of something that they were actually taught.

The y usually slept trough Catechism and rarely went to Mass - yet now, they're "experts".
I've got NINE oif those in my family and there are MANY on this forum . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus
^ OP

Prohibition for the Virgin Mary to "Know" a man,
WAS ended After Jesus was born.

If Mary WAS faithful to God, she would have been obedient and "multiplied" with her husband Joseph...or at least tried through KNOWING her husband...

Thus Mary's Virginity would have ENDED, through Gods command of becoming One with her husband.

Mary have other children?...probably.
Is her having other children make any difference, in an individual's Salvation? No.

Whether she did or didn't have other children...
She would have committed sin, to not become one with her husband!

Glory to God,
Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.