Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Paul,

I have studied this many times and can’t figure it out to be 100% sure about it. Can you give me the names of Mary’s children?

Willing to learn...Mary
The Scripture doesn't say. It says just that Jesus had brothers and sisters. But I think you are avoiding the truth that the Mary who is worshiped is a figment of the imagination dreamed up by an extreme devotion to her, which gradually transformed the real Mary, who is dead in the grave, to a type of ascended "goddess" who is equal to Jesus in heaven. The devil supports this error, and has sent demons to impersonate the imaginary Mary in the form of a European woman, consistent with those who imagine her in that form, to supernaturally appear, mainly to illiterate peasant girls, along with supernatural "tears" coming from Mary statues, to reinforce the deception and to encourage the worship of the imaginary pagan goddess Queen of Heaven.

It is no wonder that the RCC hierarchy did not want the Latin Bible (available only to priests and above) to be translated into the common language of the people, because when it was, those who read the Bible found out that the worship of Mary was a total fraud, and tens of thousands of those who stood up and said so, paid with their lives.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for exposing your nonsense.
Now everyone here can see your foolish statement.
I think that worshiping a pagan Queen of Heaven and bowing down to her statue is the ultimate in foolishness. The three men who refused to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar's image and went through the fiery furnace would agree with me.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for exposing your nonsense.
Now everyone here can see your foolish statement.
The issue is that as the Church developed after the Fourth Century, and as Latin died out as a common language except for those in the hierarchy of the Church, and because of the invasion of heresies into the Church, and Constantine's pagan influences on the Church, new doctrines were being added in the form of new "revelations", and because the common people didn't have the Bible in their own languages to check whether these new "revelations" were true or not, they had to trust that the Church knew what it was doing.

Actually, we are seeing history repeating itself with many branches of the mainstream Charismatic movement where preachers and teachers are coming up with new "revelations" that they say the Holy Spirit is telling them through a direct voice; and teaching that the literal text of the Bible does not contain everything that God wants to say to believers.

So, the post-4th Century Church, was not the only one that had the same "extra-Biblical" issues. Even the Charismatic movement which I spent a good proportion of my Christian life, is suffering the same problems of false doctrine through extra-Biblical "revelation", in almost the exact way that the pre-Reformation Church had.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the truth:
Mary did not remain a virgin after Jesus was born.
She had other male and female children.
She received Jesus as Saviour like everyone else.
She got filled with the Spirit on the day of Pentecost and praised God in tongues along with the others.
She did not magically restore her virginity.
She was not taken to heaven, but died like anyone else.
She is in the grave awaiting the resurrection of believers along with all those who have died in Christ.
She has not replaced Jesus as our sole advocate to God.
She is not in heaven reigning as Queen of Heaven.
Bowing, kneeling, and worshiping her statues is idolatry and is a abomination to God and is a direct violation of the 2nd Commandment.
Appearances of Mary are demons pretending to be Mary to deceive the people away from true faith in Christ. And the appearances of her as a European woman are how people perceive of her in their imaginations and nothing like the real person.

That is the truth, whether you like it or not.

That is not the truth but since you are not prepared to have a rational discussion on any of them I see not point in going through them one by one.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The issue is that as the Church developed after the Fourth Century, and as Latin died out as a common language except for those in the hierarchy of the Church, and because of the invasion of heresies into the Church, and Constantine's pagan influences on the Church, new doctrines were being added in the form of new "revelations", and because the common people didn't have the Bible in their own languages to check whether these new "revelations" were true or not, they had to trust that the Church knew what it was doing.

Actually, we are seeing history repeating itself with many branches of the mainstream Charismatic movement where preachers and teachers are coming up with new "revelations" that they say the Holy Spirit is telling them through a direct voice; and teaching that the literal text of the Bible does not contain everything that God wants to say to believers.

So, the post-4th Century Church, was not the only one that had the same "extra-Biblical" issues. Even the Charismatic movement which I spent a good proportion of my Christian life, is suffering the same problems of false doctrine through extra-Biblical "revelation", in almost the exact way that the pre-Reformation Church had.

Paul Christensen - do you have a Bible?
I ask because you never seem to quote from it to back up any of your assertions
It seems to Bible is irrelevant to you. Only your opinions matter.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is not the truth but since you are not prepared to have a rational discussion on any of them I see not point in going through them one by one.
The problem is that the denial that Jesus had brothers and sisters, the Immaculate Conception of Mary; the perpetual virginity of Mary (that her hymen was miraculously restored); and Annunciation of Mary are not found in the Bible, but traditions that were added through "new revelation" after the Apostolic Age. It is according to the belief that when the pope sits on the chair of Peter, his "new" revelation overrides holy Scripture, and becomes an addition to it.

I can understand that these traditional doctrines are central to salvation to those in the RCC, and this is why they adamantly refuse to see anything different because it is mortal sin for them to deny these doctrines.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul Christensen - do you have a Bible?
I ask because you never seem to quote from it to back up any of your assertions
It seems to Bible is irrelevant to you. Only your opinions matter.
I don't think so, because the traditions of the Church override the Bible and so any quotes would fall on deaf ears.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

Yes

It does not matter what I believe....only the truth matters.

I would say it does matter.
Because:
1) what we believe, is what we Do.
2) what we Do, is accounted as "WORKS".

Judgement of the Lord God IS:
1) on what we Believe,
2) "and" on what we DO.

IF, we Believe, in God the Father, And that Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God;
1) we SHALL be Saved.

IF, we Believe, in God the Father, And that Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God;
"AND"...call on the Lord, and Confess, with a Heartful YES, that IS our Belief...
Our VOW, To the Lord, is responded BY the Lord...that "HE" Baptizes us WITH the Holy Spirit ... AND that man:
2) "IS" saved: Body, soul, spirit: Once and Forever.

WORKS: (do not Save a man, However they ARE Judged.).

Good Works: are WORKS, that Glorify God.
(These WORKS, are "Rewarded" by the Lord God.)
"IF"...
"Those WORKS", "Were NOT" rewarded, BY MAN.
(THAT ^, is Why...Scripture says:
Matt: 6
[20] But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

THAT "treasure in Heaven is a man's works stored (accounted) in Heaven, that Glorified God, and worthy of a "reward" from God.

Rev 22:
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

WORKS that Glorify "any thing Other than God"...shall be Burned...whether or not, the man is Saved.

1 Cor 3:
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

WORKS do not Save a Man...
VOW of Belief Saves a man.

WORKS a man performs, that Glorify God, are Rewarded, by the Lord God.

All other Works are Burned.

"Loss" of WORKS.

Continued:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that the denial that Jesus had brothers and sisters, the Immaculate Conception of Mary; the perpetual virginity of Mary (that her hymen was miraculously restored); and Annunciation of Mary are not found in the Bible, but traditions that were added through "new revelation" after the Apostolic Age. It is according to the belief that when the pope sits on the chair of Peter, his "new" revelation overrides holy Scripture, and becomes an addition to it.

I can understand that these traditional doctrines are central to salvation to those in the RCC, and this is why they adamantly refuse to see anything different because it is mortal sin for them to deny these doctrines.

That's a bunch of nonesense. But as usual with you it's just an opinion. No evidence is provided.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's a bunch of nonesense. But as usual with you it's just an opinion. No evidence is provided.
All I am saying is that those central Catholic doctrines were added well after the First Century and are part of the central faith of the Catholic Church. My wife, who is a Catholic, told me that she was taught those things by the nuns at her Catholic high school, and she can tell me exactly what they are. She told me in correct Catholic terminology with all the right words how a non-Catholic is inducted into the Catholic Church. So be a good person and just acknowledge that these are the central doctrines of the Church, and quit the accusations, because that weakens your position.

Reactions: Taken

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All I am saying is that those central Catholic doctrines were added well after the First Century and are part of the central faith of the Catholic Church. My wife, who is a Catholic, told me that she was taught those things by the nuns at her Catholic high school, and she can tell me exactly what they are. She told me in correct Catholic terminology with all the right words how a non-Catholic is inducted into the Catholic Church. So be a good person and just acknowledge that these are the central doctrines of the Church, and quit the accusations, because that weakens your position.

Again a lot of claims but not a shred not evidence.

You still haven't said whether you actually have a Bible or not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Marymog

" Loss" of WORKS...are: LOSS of Rewards.

WORKS burned, ARE loss of rewards, a man could have had, had his WORKS Glorified God.

WORKS never performed, ARE loss of rewards, a man could have had, had his WORKS Glorified God.

In every instance in Scripture...
A man Bowing Down, BEFORE:
A "THING"...
(Person, angel, ark, statue, etc...
The Very ACT of BOWING DOWN, IS an ACT of Worship...whether or Not a man SAYS, they are...Just Bowing...NOT Worshiping...
BECAUSE:
BOWING Down, IS precisely HOW A Man "WORSHIPS GOD".

BOWING Down, is an Act of Yielding, Submitting, to the "thing" a person IS BOWING DOWN "TO".

BOWING:
Ones head, at the waist, on ones knees, with ones whole body always puts the FACE to the ground...
And is NOT before or to an IMAGE or Thing...but to The UNSEEN God IN Heaven.

1 Cor 14:[25] And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Ex 32:
[7] And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, "have corrupted themselves:"
[8] They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them "a molten calf," and have "worshipped it," and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, "These be thy gods," O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

[20] And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.

Their IDOL...they worshipped
Response: Their IDOL...destroyed.

Joshua Bowed himself before the ark of the Covenant...

Josh 7:
[6] And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the LORD until the eventide, he and the elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads.

Ark Worshipped...
Response: GET UP...what are you doing Worshipping the Ark?

Josh 7:
[10] And the LORD said unto Joshua, "Get thee up;"
wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?

Joh bowed (knowing bow before a thing IS Worshipping!)

Rev 19:
[10] And I (John) fell at his (angel) feet to worship him (angel)

Response:

Rev 19:
[10] And he (angel) said unto (John) me, See thou "do it not:"

In every case of a man BOWING befor a thing "on" ... a man is told...
1) that is idolatry...Lev 26:1
2) it stirs Gods Wrath...EX 32: 11-12
3) do NOT do it...Rev 19:10

Idols, Idolatry, stirs Gods Wrath, causes Gods Wrath response, do not do it...

Very OBVIOUS:
Worship IS BOWING before "something".
Worship God ONLY...IS a Good Work, that Glorifies God.
BOWING before "any other thing" IS Worship.
Wrath of God, is Gods Response for worshipping other things.
Warning...do not bow down to other things, other than God...of whom there is no man made Image of God.

^ THAT is Scriptural Truth, inspired and approved of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Google "Worship of Mary" and you will see hundreds of images of people kneeling and worshiping statues of Mary. The evidence is right before your eyes. A statue is a graven image, and God said very clearly that we are not to make graven images, bow down and worship them, otherwise those who do will be punished in this life and the next.
I refer you to @BreadOfLife post #1178 so you can see how what you are saying is dishonest.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Paul,

How can you be opposed to something that isn’t happening????

Catholics DO NOT (should not) “worship” Mary. The Church does not teach us to “worship” Mary. Do we have great respect and honor for the Mother of God??? YES....a million times YES!! Does Jesus and God have great respect and honor for her??? YES....a million times YES!!!

Any you should to!

Mary

Not once does Scripture call Mary "the Mother of God"

At the time of her supernatural conception;
The "holy thing" to be Born out of her Virgin Womb...Clearly was:
The Son of God.

Respect and Honor unto Mary is not taught in Scripture.

What is taught is SHE, MARY, "is Blessed".
She, Mary...(without having been with a man)...is Blessed with carrying, a child, delivering a child, raising a child.....the same BLESSING, any woman may experience (and MEN DO NOT)...
And Why, SHE Mary's Blessing would be understood by Women...
Calling Mary Blessed Among Women.

Mary was Jesus' LEGAL (by man's law) mother...and Joseph Jesus' LEGAL father.

And when The household of Joseph was required to Register the Number of his household IN the appointed city Bethlehem, Judea...(according TO man's Law, Roman Law, the governing Legal power over Judea,) Joseph's household went from Nazareth, Judea TO Bethlehem, to be counted:...and the counting of every Member of the Head of household, is called: a Census.

The HOLY THING...that was IN Mary's Virgin womb...was "the Word of God".

It "that holy thing" was given a Body...
Prepared of God....that that "holy thing" would Appear and BE Seen of earthly men...
That "as a man, who could BE "heard AND seen"...
Would Deliver the "Word" of God TO: the Lost Tribes of Israel And...SEE what He Does...as a SEEING "Example" for the Lost...TO DO the Same.

Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Why?
Because:
The Tribes "only" HEARING...was not satisfactory....they wanted TO SEE God.

Moses asked, Job asked to see God,
Samuel taught about the difficult IF of teaching about an UNSEEN God...

God called those who heard, and Could not believe without SEEING...stiffnecked.

Ex 32:
[9] And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

Exod.33
Acts 9:[51] Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

And Jesus said:
John 20:
[29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

What does a person believe...when they SEE a statue that is called Jesus?
That they are seeing an Image of Jesus?

Glory to God,
Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say it does matter.
Because:
1) what we believe, is what we Do.
2) what we Do, is accounted as "WORKS".

Judgement of the Lord God IS:
1) on what we Believe,
2) "and" on what we DO.

1) we SHALL be Saved.

"AND"...call on the Lord, and Confess, with a Heartful YES, that IS our Belief...
Our VOW, To the Lord, is responded BY the Lord...that "HE" Baptizes us WITH the Holy Spirit ... AND that man:
2) "IS" saved: Body, soul, spirit: Once and Forever.

WORKS: (do not Save a man, However they ARE Judged.).

Good Works: are WORKS, that Glorify God.
(These WORKS, are "Rewarded" by the Lord God.)
"IF"...
"Those WORKS", "Were NOT" rewarded, BY MAN.
(THAT ^, is Why...Scripture says:
Matt: 6
[20] But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

THAT "treasure in Heaven is a man's works stored (accounted) in Heaven, that Glorified God, and worthy of a "reward" from God.

Rev 22:
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

WORKS that Glorify "any thing Other than God"...shall be Burned...whether or not, the man is Saved.

1 Cor 3:
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

WORKS do not Save a Man...
VOW of Belief Saves a man.

WORKS a man performs, that Glorify God, are Rewarded, by the Lord God.

All other Works are Burned.

"Loss" of WORKS.

Continued:
2 Peter 3:16

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I refer you to @BreadOfLife post #1178 so you can see how what you are saying is dishonest.

You can refer to Paul's post, whose wife is Catholic, whom he knows and trusts to tell Paul what she was taught in her Catholic upbringing by Catholics.

Dishonest is stating a lie...
Disagreeing is not dishonesty.

BOL claims everything he believes is honest and anyone who does not agree with him is dishonest, Wrong and a liar.

BOL does not know the difference between disagreement and honesty, and repeatedly plays the part of a fool, by his own accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.