Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus^ OP
Prohibition for the Virgin Mary to "Know" a man,WAS ended After Jesus was born. If Mary WAS faithful to God, she would have been obedient and "multiplied" with her husband Joseph...or at least tried through KNOWING her husband...
Thus Mary's Virginity would have ENDED, through Gods command of becoming One with her husband.
Mary have other children?...probably.
Is her having other children make any difference, in an individual's Salvation? No.

Whether she did or didn't have other children...
She would have committed sin, to not become one with her husband!

Glory to God,
Taken
Yet NONE of you has been able to prove this from Scripture.

The demand to prove everything fro Scripture is a Protestant phenomenon.
I would be satisfied if one of you could even show me an extrabiblical account of Mary having "other children" - but you can't even do that.

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe Mary was a 1 child mother. They DID exist back then.
Elizabeth was one - so was Sarah.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They usually slept trough Catechism and rarely went to Mass - yet now, they're "experts"

LOL, yes THEY are the Experts in what THEY believe and Do...not you! LOL

Thanks for sharing Catechism is nap time in a Catholic school, and you apparently take roll call in every Catholic Church...

LOL

[QUOT]Your psychotic rant aside -[/QUOTE]

Oh goody...time for your psychotic rant...LOL.

MOST
anti-Catholics I come in contact with who claim to have been "former Catholics" are the most ignorant of ALL when it comes to Catholic teaching. They assume most of what they say is correct based on their OWN feelings and agenda - and not because of something that they were actually taught.
.[/QUOTE]

BTW...your ability to count to NINE...is not impressive "LOL"...
I can't help but imagine you with your forehead self-plastered with little gold stars...

LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet NONE of you has been able to prove this from Scripture.

The demand to prove everything fro Scripture is a Protestant phenomenon.
I would be satisfied if one of you could even show me an extrabiblical account of Mary having "other children" - but you can't even do that.

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe Mary was a 1 child mother. They DID exist back then.

I don't care if she had other children...it affects me Not one iota!

I believe Mary was Faithful to God and remained a Virgin until after Jesus was born...

And she was Faithful to God, After Jesus was born and became One (engaged in SEX) with her husband.

Reactions: Joseph77

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care if she had other children...it affects me Not one iota!
I believe Mary was Faithful to God and remained a Virgin until after Jesus was born...
And she was Faithful to God, After Jesus was born and became One (engaged in SEX) with her husband.
Interesting.
Now - as a Sola Scripturist - surely you can show me where the BIBLE makes this claim.

Chapter and Verse, Einstein . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did it ever occur to you...Scripture is About Relationships...between Man and God and Man and his neighbors?

I don't have relationships with people I do not know and certainly not with DEAD people!

Mary was a human, that lived and died a couple of thousand years ago...and what...you talk to DEAD people? LOL

Why?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, yes THEY are the Experts in what THEY believe and Do...not you! LOL
LOL
Sure they are.
EVERY anti-Catholic is an "expert" at being dishonest.

Oh, I almost forgot - uhhhhh, "LOL" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did it ever occur to you...Scripture is About Relationships...between Man and God and Man and his neighbors?

I don't have relationships with people I do not know and certainly not with DEAD people!

Mary was a human, that lived and died a couple of thousand years ago...and what...you talk to DEAD people? LOL

Why?
Sooooo, can you show me where the Bible says that Mary and the saints in Heaven were kicked out of the Body of Christ??

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This discussion/argument will go round and round forever. You will never convince a Catholic that they are wrong about Mary. They have been spoon this teaching from an early age and Mary seems to be far more important to them than Jesus. They demand evidence and when you show them scriptures the just put their own spin on them. So all we can do is to keep trying to help them see the truth and break free of their false beliefs. But we should not criticise them personally for what they have been taught but rather encourage them to take a step back and have a re-think.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure they are.
EVERY anti-Catholic is an "expert" at being dishonest.

LOL...your are so hell bent on trying to disparage others...you wasn't smart enough to know " they " are the Catholics being spoken of... LOL

Oh, I almost forgot - uhhhhh, "LOL" . . .

But of course ... no original thought...just a parrot!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This discussion/argument will go round and round forever. You will never convince a Catholic that they are wrong about Mary. They have been spoon this teaching from an early age and Mary seems to be far more important to them than Jesus. They demand evidence and when you show them scriptures the just put their own spin on them. So all we can do is to keep trying to help them see the truth and break free of their false beliefs. But we should not criticise them personally for what they have been taught but rather encourage them to take a step back and have a re-think.
WRONG.
I am more than willing to hear evidence that Mary had other children.

Unfortunately - NONE of you has been able to present any.
Can YOU me something that says she had other children?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, can you show me where the Bible says that Mary and the saints in Heaven were kicked out of the Body of Christ??

Chapter and Verse, please . . .

LOL...your quote, you look up the Scripture!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...your are so hell bent on trying to disparage others...you wasn't smart enough to know " they " are the Catholics being spoken of... LOL
And once again (LOL), "they" haven't proven that they were Catholics (LOL) because they can't get their story straight (LOL).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
I am more than willing to hear evidence that Mary had other children.

Unfortunately - NONE of you has been able to present any.
Can YOU me something that says she had other children?

Where is your Scriptural Evidence Mary was Still a Virgin After Jesus' Birth?

Hummmm?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...your quote, you look up the Scripture!
Unless YOU can show where Mary and the Saints in Heaven have been "kicked out" of the Body of Christ - they are STILL IN the Body and not "dead" as you falsely assert.

NOT that difficult to grasp . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting.
Now - as a Sola Scripturist - surely you can show me where the BIBLE makes this claim.

Chapter and Verse, Einstein . . .

Nope... your sarcastic mouth doesn't deserve my effort.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is your Scriptural Evidence Mary was Still a Virgin After Jesus' Birth?

Hummmm?
Apparently you don't understand how a debate works.
Allow me to educate you . . .

The name of this thread is "Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus". Therefore - it is up to all of YOU to prove this statement - NOT up to us to show that she didn't have children.
The absence of any Scriptural evidence IS our evidence.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
Status
Not open for further replies.