Wake up call - What hell is like

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I was listening to this audio sermon and it made my jump out of bed and praise God and ask for forgiveness. I'm still in tears. And all I want to do now is inform others.http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID8183.mp3It's a sermon by David Wilkerson.Description: This is a very sobering message on the reality of hell. Barely any preachers these days would even dare to preach on this subject but how sad that falls from the new testament normal of hell as a normal doctrine taught and discussed. Jesus spoke of hell more then heaven, listen carefully and know that there is a eternal hell.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(Wakka;15484)
I was listening to this audio sermon and it made my jump out of bed and praise God and ask for forgiveness. I'm still in tears. And all I want to do now is inform others.http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID8183.mp3I don't have much time to give details. I have to sleep for work tomorrow.
sad.gif

Wakka,I know that common information most churches are giving out saying that people who are not christians will burn forever in hell.We have to reason the Bible with whole context. Do you think that God will burn people in hell forever because they are wicked or evil? Isn't it saying that God is love throughout the Bible? Don't you think burning and torturing is cruel? "For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".:people who don't accept Jesus will perish, and living in hell forever and tortured is not biblical.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Not really I don't. It does say that there will be a gnashing of tongues. (or teeth). And because God is good, He'll see to that people will get their justice.God is the same God from the old testament. The same God who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Don't you understand the severity of God?Updated the first post with more details.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(Wakka;15508)
Not really I don't. It does say that there will be a gnashing of tongues. (or teeth). And because God is good, He'll see to that people will get their justice.God is the same God from the old testament. The same God who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Don't you understand the severity of God?Updated the first post with more details.
I believe that Scripture you are talking about has interpretation problems.love,hitomi

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
Here is a small sampling of references to hell in the bible. Do not be decieved, we are warned about hell many times. It is true that God does not send us there, He allows us to choose to go there. That is a God of love...He loves us too much to take away our freedom to choose. If someone rejects Christ, God respects that and does not take them into heaven kicking and screaming. Matthew 5:22Matthew 5:29Matthew 5:30Matthew 8:12Matthew 13:42Matthew 10:28Matthew 18:9Matthew 22:13Matthew 23:15Matthew 23:33Matthew 24:51Matthew 25:30Mark 9:43Mark 9:45Mark 9:47Luke 12:5Luke 13:28Luke 16:23James 3:62 Peter 2:4Revelation 20:14Revelation 20:15

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
Here's a speculation on one possible form of hell -REINCARNATIONISTS HIT THE BUFFERS by MickReincarnation-cultists think there's no heaven, no hell, just an endless cycle of rebirths.Ha ha ha we can just imagine Satan whispering in their ears - "Psst don't worry about hell, you'll get re-born out of it, trust me would I lie?"So they drop their guard and forget that not only will the Earth itself one day vapourise when the sun expands into a red giant and swallows it up, but even the whole universe will one day collapse in what scientists call The Big Crunch when all the stars go out..Jesus said -"the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' -Matthew 24:29So there'll be nowhere for reincarnated souls to reincarnate back to, they'll be left floating in a black void of total sensory deprivation as the stars go out one by one -"Ungodly men,wandering stars for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" -Jude 1:13Thats the horrific end of the line for all reincarnation-cultists and Satan will be laughing his socks off at them.Hmm, I think I prefer a mansion in paradise with Jesus..
freakouteyes.jpg

Jul 17, 2007
Hell, Hades, etc ... 99.99% of the time in the Bible means "the Grave or Death." This is a false belief perpetrated by pagans entering the Roman Catholic Church, in the early centuries of Christiandom. These Pagans, once brought in, brought there beliefs about purgatory, and other things of myth, which includes this belief.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Wakka;15484)
I was listening to this audio sermon and it made my jump out of bed and praise God and ask for forgiveness. I'm still in tears. And all I want to do now is inform others.http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID8183.mp3It's a sermon by David Wilkerson.Description: This is a very sobering message on the reality of hell. Barely any preachers these days would even dare to preach on this subject but how sad that falls from the new testament normal of hell as a normal doctrine taught and discussed. Jesus spoke of hell more then heaven, listen carefully and know that there is a eternal hell.
A Christian should never serve God out of fear.....love is a far better way to go.1 John 4:18 (KJV) 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
(gibby;15512)
Here is a small sampling of references to hell in the bible. Do not be decieved, we are warned about hell many times. It is true that God does not send us there, He allows us to choose to go there. That is a God of love...He loves us too much to take away our freedom to choose. If someone rejects Christ, God respects that and does not take them into heaven kicking and screaming.
God: "So, I see that you're dead now. But, because I love you would you rather go to Heaven or Hell?"Deadite: "Well since your asking I think I'd like to try a small bit of hell. Yiu know, just to finalize my decision for all eternity."God: "Yea, sure, and no problem. Enjoy!"So what you are telling me, gibby, is that Christ's death is for nothing since God doesn't punish us for our lifetime of sins?

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
(verzanumi24;15533)
A Christian should never serve God out of fear.....love is a far better way to go.1 John 4:18 (KJV) 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Matthew 10:28Proverbs 1:7Fear of the Lord 692 resultsThis would be the same type of fear that a son has of his father, especially when he does wrong. The son knows that his father loves him and a father disciplines his son. How much more we should fear our heavenly Father and His discipline; but we know that it is to shape us. Hebrews 12:6 The spirit of fear you talk about is from Satan which makes us afraid of man. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Well. You shouldn't fear God unless if you're against him. That sermon on Hell made me realize how severe and serious my everyday actions are.
sad.gif

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I was going to listen to that download but I couldn't get that page to open for some reason...I'll have to try again later.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(gibby;15539)
Matthew 10:28Proverbs 1:7Fear of the Lord 692 resultsThis would be the same type of fear that a son has of his father, especially when he does wrong. The son knows that his father loves him and a father disciplines his son. How much more we should fear our heavenly Father and His discipline; but we know that it is to shape us. Hebrews 12:6 The spirit of fear you talk about is from Satan which makes us afraid of man. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Greek - Phobeō and Hebrew - Yirʾâ these two words does not imply being afraid of God, as one would be, say for example, a robber with a gun. It is more like having a deep respect and amazement of God's greatness.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Anyone that God chooses to judge to death. Die the second death which is the death of your very soul and in doing so you cease to exist as if you never were neither will you be remembered by any more. Our loving God sends no one to a hell of eternal torture. Are there judgements? yes. I think the judged will have an opportunity to learn and repent, if they, by their own free will still choose not to follow God. Then they may be sent to the second death

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
(verzanumi24;15545)
Greek - Phobeō and Hebrew - Yirʾâ these two words does not imply being afraid of God, as one would be, say for example, a robber with a gun. It is more like having a deep respect and amazement of God's greatness.
Yes, that is right...thank you. But fear if you are against Him and He reveals HImself to you.