Want To Improve On Recognizing People In Dreams

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to understand the things I'm seeing in my dreams better. To distinguish when I see people in my dreams. If they be of God or not. If they be a demon or an angel.

I need to distinguish better if a demon is a demon that God is using to discipline me and/or that I opened doors to, or if a demon is a demon who comes to steal, kill, and destroy, and if God permits me to perform action against them.

Another thing I want to understand better is if God is sealing my dream, causing me to not remember my dreams, doing it himself directly, or if God allows an agent of the Devil to erase, steal, or block my dreams.

Can I have prayers on the things I said? Thank you.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll pray for you!

I want you to know that many of us forget our dreams. Perfectly normal. If God is sending you a message in a dream, you can take it to the bank that you will remember it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for you that you not take these dreams seriously in any way. God doesn't send us many dreams and I think they are more rare. And as Cassandra stated you will remember it. I don't focus on dreams as they can confuse reality and important things.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I will pray for you that you not take these dreams seriously in any way. God doesn't send us many dreams and I think they are more rare. And as Cassandra stated you will remember it. I don't focus on dreams as they can confuse reality and important things.
@devin553344 I do think it's best to concentrate on what the Lord reveals directly in Scripture. (This does not exclude us dreaming about something in the Bible, but it's Scripture that is really authoritative.)

Reactions: JohnPaul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 I do think it's best to concentrate on what the Lord reveals directly in Scripture. (This does not exclude us dreaming about something in the Bible, but it's Scripture that is really authoritative.)
The Lord created the scripture. I think we have to remember that. And the Lord is always directing the lives of his children with the Holy Spirit. He saves us from harm and heals us on many occasions. Scriptures won't do that as they are recorded messages from God. They are not active communication. The Holy Spirit has a purpose in the lives of the Saints.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Lord created the scripture. I think we have to remember that. And the Lord is always directing the lives of his children with the Holy Spirit. He saves us from harm and heals us on many occasions. Scriptures won't do that as they are recorded messages from God. They are not active communication. The Holy Spirit has a purpose in the lives of the Saints.
Well, the Holy Spirit takes up the inspired Word and applies it to the hearts of the hearers and readers...

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Holy Spirit takes up the inspired Word and applies it to the hearts of the hearers and readers...
When we read the scriptures the role of the Holy Spirit is to confirm that it is true.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do know what you mean. The Holy Spirit reaches our hearts when we read inspiring stories whether from the bible or from normal life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to understand the things I'm seeing in my dreams better. To distinguish when I see people in my dreams. If they be of God or not. If they be a demon or an angel.

I need to distinguish better if a demon is a demon that God is using to discipline me and/or that I opened doors to, or if a demon is a demon who comes to steal, kill, and destroy, and if God permits me to perform action against them.

Another thing I want to understand better is if God is sealing my dream, causing me to not remember my dreams, doing it himself directly, or if God allows an agent of the Devil to erase, steal, or block my dreams.

Can I have prayers on the things I said? Thank you.
Praying for you now!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Want To Improve On Recognizing People In Dreams
if only they wouldn't wear those masks!

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the dream is from God, it will be clear who or what represents the demonic in your dream. If it is a person that you know, it is not a demon. That person could be demonically influenced, but it's still that person. In other words, if you dream about your mother, your mother is your mother.... not a demon, or representative of another person.

PS ...yes, I'll pray for your discernment.

Last edited: