Want To Reconnect With A Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to get back with another forum I was a member of. They changed the way users could log in to the forum. You can't do email and password login anymore, which sucks. My old account got wiped out when they had their database cleanup.

I haven't been active there. I did have an account created there with help from someone on the support team. I had this done 2 years ago in 2020. I have an account, but I never posted on the forum. As I was saying, I'm trying to get back in touch with the forum community. I tried to go to the contact center and write to someone. But now there isn't anyone to reply. They don't respond back to my email. I think something is wrong with the system. Because I used to get a reply back from a representative.

I need help. I only remember parts of the password I made, but not all of it. I could try to reset my password, but I don't feel good about doing that right now because of what I mentioned about a representative not writing back to my email.

Please pray for my issue and difficulty of the situation. Pray to God for me to remember my password for the user account there, or whatever way to resolve the problem. Pray to God for me to be able to get back in touch with the forum. I have things that I'm supposed to do there.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm trying to get back with another forum I was a member of. They changed the way users could log in to the forum. You can't do email and password login anymore, which sucks. My old account got wiped out when they had their database cleanup.

I haven't been active there. I did have an account created there with help from someone on the support team. I had this done 2 years ago in 2020. I have an account, but I never posted on the forum. As I was saying, I'm trying to get back in touch with the forum community. I tried to go to the contact center and write to someone. But now there isn't anyone to reply. They don't respond back to my email. I think something is wrong with the system. Because I used to get a reply back from a representative.

I need help. I only remember parts of the password I made, but not all of it. I could try to reset my password, but I don't feel good about doing that right now because of what I mentioned about a representative not writing back to my email.

Please pray for my issue and difficulty of the situation. Pray to God for me to remember my password for the user account there, or whatever way to resolve the problem. Pray to God for me to be able to get back in touch with the forum. I have things that I'm supposed to do there.

Why not just create a new account - enroll as a new member - on that forum?

Reactions: Angelina

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I agree with @Matthias. It's not going to be an issue if you create a new account because you never posted on your old account anyway???o_O

I’m not sure if @ShineTheLight posted under the old account or not but I have the feeling that he either did or might have. (It was wiped out, apparently, and the newly created account not used.)

Most forums have a standard rule against a person having more than one active account, and I think it’s a wise one.

How would you, as an administrative staff member, react if someone was in the situation on this forum that ShineTheLight is, or may be in, on another forum?

If that hypothetical person had an active account here, had posted on it, couldn’t get back in it, and were to open a new account here, not post on the new account, send you a pm explaining his or her situation and asking for your help, then requesting that one of the two active accounts (presumably the newly created account) be closed - would you go along with it?

If I were in your place in this hypothetical situation, I think I would (probably with a faint sigh and a wide smile on my face.)

An odd circumstance calls for a creative solution. (Or a miracle from above.)

I’m a civil engineer, retired. Could you guess that from what I wrote? :)

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I’m not sure if @ShineTheLight posted under the old account or not but I have the feeling that he either did or might have.

Most forums have a standard rule against a person having more than one active account, and I think it’s a wise one.

How would you, as an administrative staff member, react if someone was in the situation on this forum that ShineTheLight is, or may be in, on another forum?

If that hypothetical person had an active account here, had posted on it, couldn’t get back in it, and were to open a new account here, not post on the new account, send you a pm explaining his or her situation and asking for your help, then requesting that one of the two active accounts (presumably the newly created account) be closed - would you go along with it?

If I were in your place in this hypothetical situation, I think I would (probably with a faint sigh and a wide smile on my face.)

An odd circumstance calls for a creative solution. (Or a miracle from above.)

I’m a civil engineer, retired. Could you guess that from what I wrote? :)
Yes and have done so a number of times here. Actually some members have more than one account which they have either had difficulty in coming back to CyB at some time and created another. I can see these accounts and will merge them together to make one account. Just to make it clear though. You are only allowed to have one account on this forum If another account is found, it is either merged with your new account or if requested, the new one can be deleted and the old one kept. Either way, we try to accomodate members but hold a hard line on members who have more than one account. :Broadly:

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes and have done so a number of times here. Actually some members have more than one account which they have either had difficulty in coming back to CyB at some time and created another. I can see these accounts and will merge them together to make one account. Just to make it clear though. You are only allowed to have one account on this forum If another account is found, it is either merged with your new account of if requested, the new one can be deleted and the old one mreged. Wither way, we try to accomodate members but hold a hard line on members who have more than one account. :Broadly:

That’s excellent. I hope for @ShineTheLight that the administrative staff at the forum he’s trying to return to will have the same attitude and exercise the same compassion and good judgement.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
no I don't know what a civil engineer does - is that a town planner? :smlhmm:

Many town planners are civil engineers, so thinking along those lines is on the right track.

Civil engineers are specialized problem solvers. We design and often provide construction oversight for things like roads, bridges, dams, water treatment plants, hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste disposal facilities, airports, etc.

My area of specialization at university was geotechnical engineering, with a secondary focus on highway design and construction, and a tertiary focus on coal mining. Most of my career was spent in government service, on environmental issues (hazardous and non-hazardous waste management.)