WAR IN ISRAEL — PROPHECY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Always know that i am not against you my Brother - instead i am thinking with and for you in the Word.
I know, and I don't expect you to always agree with everything I say. That would be boring and just wrong, because it would make you dishonest and will never expose any wrong understanding I may have or you may have.

Thank you for reading my posts and responding brother.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think comparing too many similar statements in the Revelation and in Ezekiel with the Revelation is throwing me off.

Either way, my human mind is throwing me off so I need to do more praying and asking God to give me the understanding.
PS - You have been and are an encouragment and blessing to us here on CBF.

• Love
Reactions: Zao is life

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure they do. And sometimes the relationship is one to many, rather than one to one. But sure, that's... basically the definition of symbolism. To denounce symbolic interpretations as "allegories" ~ or even not literal ~ is terribly misguided.

Agreed. But wooden literalism is often the issue.
No. Allegorical interpretation is the issue

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Allegorical interpretation is the issue
There is no allegorical interpretation. People characterize it as such, but it's a total mischaracterization... and often is done very purposely and disingenuously. And some just kind of blindly follow suit... :) No, allegories may contain symbols from time to time, but allegory and symbolism, in and of themselves, are two very different things, EG.

Grace and peace to you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no allegorical interpretation. People characterize it as such, but it's a total mischaracterization... and often is done very purposely and disingenuously. Allegories may contain symbols from time to time, but allegory and symbolism, in and of themselves, are two very different things, EG.

Grace and peace to you.
"Literature is full of symbolism and literary devices with a deeper meaning beyond what the words on the page say. Allegories and symbolism are two such literary devices commonly used in English writing.

Symbolism is a series of symbols that make abstract ideas easier to understand. An allegory is a story, poem or image with a hidden meaning. An allegory is a type of symbolism, but other types exist as well."

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Literature is full of symbolism and literary devices with a deeper meaning beyond what the words on the page say. Allegories and symbolism are two such literary devices commonly used in English writing.
Sure, but the point I'm making, and you seem to be voicing agreement with ~ is that, for someone who sees a lot of symbolism in a writing (in this case Revelation), they are not making it into an allegory, so the characterization of it as such is wrong.

Symbolism is a series of symbols that make abstract ideas easier to understand.
Well, the ideas can be abstract, but in this case no. And the "easier to understand" part is not necessarily true, either. In the case of Revelation, I'd say, rather, that the symbolism makes something we really can't understand ~ because we lack a frame of reference for what it really will be like ~ digestible. :) And we can get the main point from it, which is that God is always in control, that everything is happening according to His will, and that Jesus wins. :) This is the blessing that John talks about in Revelation 1:3, that (and I quote) "(b)lessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near."

An allegory is a story, poem or image with a hidden meaning.
Right, well, there's nothing hidden in John's Revelation. It is a revelation, after all, a revealing. Thus the title of the book... :) And even regarding allegory, meaning(s) are not necessarily hidden; Pilgrim's Progress, by John Bunyan, is an allegory of the spiritual journey of Christians. All of us have our Sloughs of Despond from time to time, and all of us know a Worldly Wiseman or two... :) Maybe instead of 'hidden' we should say a 'deeper,' or 'profound'... meaning. What a great book that is. Makes me want to read it again. :)

An allegory is a type of symbolism, but other types exist as well."
An allegory is an expression of truths or generalizations about human existence... which may use symbolic fictional figures and actions in relating those truths or generalizations, but not necessarily.

Symbolism in literature, on the other hand, is a tool of figurative language where an image, object, idea or symbol is used to represent something other than its absolutely (wooden) literal meaning.

Allegory and symbolism are both literature devices, but very different devices they are.

Grace and peace to you, David.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think several passages identify the beast, its origin, and religion. Habakkuk 1 is the passage that nails this. I believe it's all about Islamic terrorism. Here's a partial commentary on it.

One indication is that every nation mentioned in prophecy is Arab, Persian, and Islamic today. I see nothing that implicates Rome, the USA, or any other nation or religion. The prophet Habakkuk clearly states the origin of the end-time beast. The Chaldean’s, also known as the Babylonian’s, which represents today’s Arabs and Muslim’s in end-time prophecy. Take a look...

In Habakkuk1:1-4, he complains to God that he's doing nothing about all the violence he sees around him.

All he sees is spoiling, violence, strife, and contention. He complains that God is doing nothing and that his laws of justice are lacking. Then God replies -

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you. For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.

Ancient Babylon did not march through the "breadth (wide expanse) of the land to possess dwelling places that are not theirs." Jihadist foreign fighters fit this as they are scattered worldwide.

Islam believes their religion will dominate the world. Its jihadist sects have spread into every country on earth to 'possess the dwelling places that are not theirs'. Not to mention they want ISRAEL eradicated and want to possess it!

Verse 7a - "They are terrible and dreadful:" Daniel 7:7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible."

They are terrible and dreadful because at over a billion strong, Muslim’s heavily reside in every country and nearly every neighborhood on earth. They will use the most horrific means of terror available to mankind to dominate the planet. Suicide bombings, chemical, biological, and nuclear terrorism IS coming.

Verse 7b "Their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves."
That’s the power of Islamic fear, they have no conscience. They regard nobody other than themselves. You know what’s coming and what they’re capable of because of their evil reputation.

V. 8 b and are more fierce than the evening wolves:
This is the only place the word hadad/chadad is translated fierce. and implies "sharpness in the sense of swiftness." The word implies, 'to be sharp, be alert, be keen'. Did you know that most jihadist use the drug Captagon, a synthetic amphetamine-type stimulant like cocaine.

"This stimulant drug, also known as the cocaine for the poor," allowed the terrorists to commit heinous acts with a sense of calmness and indifference. Simultaneously, it kept them highly alert for extended periods and suppressed their appetite."

MSN

V. 8c and their horsemen shall spread themselves,
Jihadist are on a mission and have migrated to nearly every city on earth. Just ask people in the EU what they think of it.

V. 8d "and their horsemen shall come from far" (They come from distant lands) they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat. (Once the third jihad begins, attacks will be one after another)

V. 8e "they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat."

They're bent on jihad - the third jihad - and when it takes hold there will be no delay. Once the third jihad begins, attacks will be one after another. You would be surprised how many of them have passports and can "fly."

V. 9 They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.

They shall come all for violence... (Islamic terrorism)

The third jihad - last and final round of the Crusades. 200 million jihadist - Revelation 9.

...their faces shall sup up as the east wind...

Some manuscripts say -their faces shall look towards the east. The direction Muslim's face when they worship.
E. Swedenborg (1688-1772) said, "The east wind is always associated with evil destructive wind. That wind, and especially the east wind, signifies nothing else than the dispersion of falsities and evils….

It's also the wind that brings the 'locusts' who in the Old Testament are associated with the Arabs because of how fast they reproduce.

Islam's form of worship. Terrorism, their form of worship, and goal of world domination ALL IN ONE VERSE! The 'east wind' is always associated with destruction. Sup up means to do so as an assembly or a horde. Islam is the only religion where it's followers 'sup their face up to the east' even 5 times a day.

...and they shall gather the captivity as the sand...

Large number of followers/world domination)

V. 10 And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a scorn unto them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall heap dust, and take it.

V. 10a And they shall scoff at the kings.
Jihadist aren't like a military. They don't have brigades of tanks and equipment or planes unless they hijack them. They ridicule world leaders because they're like leopards that can penetrate strongholds. President Kennedy said that a day was coming when terrorism would make war obsolete. Scoff means to mock, deride, make fun of. They are able to do this because they tend to be loners and hide among the general population. They aren't coming at you with brigades of military equipment.
ALL true but today we have nations who are either supporting terrorism with those Arab nations such as Russia, China and others.
USA is currently in support of Israel.

Which leads us to this Zechariah ch14

1Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.

Reactions: Father Jim

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think several passages identify the beast, its origin, and religion. Habakkuk 1 is the passage that nails this. I believe it's all about Islamic terrorism. Here's a partial commentary on it.

One indication is that every nation mentioned in prophecy is Arab, Persian, and Islamic today. I see nothing that implicates Rome, the USA, or any other nation or religion. The prophet Habakkuk clearly states the origin of the end-time beast. The Chaldean’s, also known as the Babylonian’s, which represents today’s Arabs and Muslim’s in end-time prophecy. Take a look...

In Habakkuk1:1-4, he complains to God that he's doing nothing about all the violence he sees around him.

All he sees is spoiling, violence, strife, and contention. He complains that God is doing nothing and that his laws of justice are lacking. Then God replies -

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you. For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.

Ancient Babylon did not march through the "breadth (wide expanse) of the land to possess dwelling places that are not theirs." Jihadist foreign fighters fit this as they are scattered worldwide.

Islam believes their religion will dominate the world. Its jihadist sects have spread into every country on earth to 'possess the dwelling places that are not theirs'. Not to mention they want ISRAEL eradicated and want to possess it!

Verse 7a - "They are terrible and dreadful:" Daniel 7:7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible."

They are terrible and dreadful because at over a billion strong, Muslim’s heavily reside in every country and nearly every neighborhood on earth. They will use the most horrific means of terror available to mankind to dominate the planet. Suicide bombings, chemical, biological, and nuclear terrorism IS coming.

Verse 7b "Their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves."
That’s the power of Islamic fear, they have no conscience. They regard nobody other than themselves. You know what’s coming and what they’re capable of because of their evil reputation.

V. 8 b and are more fierce than the evening wolves:
This is the only place the word hadad/chadad is translated fierce. and implies "sharpness in the sense of swiftness." The word implies, 'to be sharp, be alert, be keen'. Did you know that most jihadist use the drug Captagon, a synthetic amphetamine-type stimulant like cocaine.

"This stimulant drug, also known as the cocaine for the poor," allowed the terrorists to commit heinous acts with a sense of calmness and indifference. Simultaneously, it kept them highly alert for extended periods and suppressed their appetite."

MSN

V. 8c and their horsemen shall spread themselves,
Jihadist are on a mission and have migrated to nearly every city on earth. Just ask people in the EU what they think of it.

V. 8d "and their horsemen shall come from far" (They come from distant lands) they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat. (Once the third jihad begins, attacks will be one after another)

V. 8e "they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat."

They're bent on jihad - the third jihad - and when it takes hold there will be no delay. Once the third jihad begins, attacks will be one after another. You would be surprised how many of them have passports and can "fly."

V. 9 They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.

They shall come all for violence... (Islamic terrorism)

The third jihad - last and final round of the Crusades. 200 million jihadist - Revelation 9.

...their faces shall sup up as the east wind...

Some manuscripts say -their faces shall look towards the east. The direction Muslim's face when they worship.
E. Swedenborg (1688-1772) said, "The east wind is always associated with evil destructive wind. That wind, and especially the east wind, signifies nothing else than the dispersion of falsities and evils….

It's also the wind that brings the 'locusts' who in the Old Testament are associated with the Arabs because of how fast they reproduce.

Islam's form of worship. Terrorism, their form of worship, and goal of world domination ALL IN ONE VERSE! The 'east wind' is always associated with destruction. Sup up means to do so as an assembly or a horde. Islam is the only religion where it's followers 'sup their face up to the east' even 5 times a day.

...and they shall gather the captivity as the sand...

Large number of followers/world domination)

V. 10 And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a scorn unto them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall heap dust, and take it.

V. 10a And they shall scoff at the kings.
Jihadist aren't like a military. They don't have brigades of tanks and equipment or planes unless they hijack them. They ridicule world leaders because they're like leopards that can penetrate strongholds. President Kennedy said that a day was coming when terrorism would make war obsolete. Scoff means to mock, deride, make fun of. They are able to do this because they tend to be loners and hide among the general population. They aren't coming at you with brigades of military equipment.

They are preparing for Jihad here in the USA - make no mistake!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's taking place today could result in the big one. I say there's not 20 years before the Lord returns.
The Thessalonians said the same thing.
So did those in WW2. Many Pre-TBs thought since Israel came back in 1948, the Lord would come 70 years later in 2018. That didn’t happen. Now some of them say 80 years from that date in 2028.

The Lord gives prerequisites and says watch. No other timetable needed.
When you are like Mara, like Job, like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego, living in Sodom though not like Sodom, living in Egypt though not like Egypt than we will know.

Reactions: David in NJ
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
living in Sodom though not like Sodom, living in Egypt though not like Egypt than we will know.
I was surprised when I discovered that the Egyptian Pharaoh treated Joseph as one of his own, and gave them land and treated Joseph as one of his own so the Jews packed up everything and moved to Egypt

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was surprised when I discovered that the Egyptian Pharaoh treated Joseph as one of his own, and gave them land and treated Joseph as one of his own so the Jews packed up everything and moved to Egypt
Why did that surprise you? We don’t know who that pharaoh was, but there’s likelihood that he was not Egyptian. The Hyksos ruled around the time of Joseph. Some refer to them as shepherd kings or foreign kings.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is cloudy symbolism.
I wouldn't call it "the opposite," really ~ and certainly not "cloudy," but it can obviously seem that way to many ~ but just not false and baseless, as wooden literalism often is, and in the case of John's Revelation very, very often ~ mostly, actually ~ is. :)

If your head is in the clouds you may be tripping over all that wood on the ground.
Well, sure, and this is why we should take Paul's advice ~ and I exhort you to do so ~ to always be sober-minded so that we may not turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. :)

You should at least enjoy the nice boardwalk every once in a while.
I've been to Atlantic City. A fun, nice place. :) Although not as much so as it once was...

Grace and peace to you.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Symbolism is a series of symbols that make abstract ideas easier to understand. An allegory is a story, poem or image with a hidden meaning. An allegory is a type of symbolism, but other types exist as well.
I doubt that applies to the book of Revelation.

John was seeing life on earth today. That is not abstract. Life today would be an unexplainable literal reality.

Living in Paradise is not an abstract reality. We are never really told what goes on in Paradise. But many deny what we have been told, with the excuse heaven is too abstract for us. Is it abstract or is the literal normal reality of Paradise, still beyond our human ability to comprehend?

Yes, John uses symbolism. John also uses the same words for both symbolic and literal applications. Spiritual discernment is not the ability to interpret symbolism. Spiritual discernment is to know when John is being literal and being symbolic and to understand the difference.

The book is not written as if there is a conspiracy to hide.

The book of Revelation is simply about events that happen at the Second Coming.

John gives us an account of how human government reacts to these events. We are also given the fact that Satan himself will be out in the open, no longer hiding in the shadows, and he will have his army of rebel angels loosed for this time of judgment.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it "the opposite," really ~ and certainly not "cloudy," but it can obviously seem that way to many ~ but just not false and baseless, as wooden literalism often is, and in the case of John's Revelation very, very often ~ mostly, actually ~ is. :)

Well, sure, and this is why we should take Paul's advice ~ and I exhort you to do so ~ to always be sober-minded so that we may not turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. :)

I've been to Atlantic City. A fun, nice place. :) Although not as much so as it once was...

Grace and peace to you.
I suppose I will keep poking holes in your clouds with my wooden stick.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John was seeing life on earth today. That is not abstract.
Well, not just today, 2000-plus years after he wrote of what he was shown. And nobody here disagrees with you regarding the literal fulfillments that, then, were still to come. As has been said here many times, the very definition of symbolism is the use of words or images to symbolize literal concepts, people, objects, or events. And again, much of what John "saw" would have many, many iterations ~ and now have had many iterations, with still more to come ~ rather than just one.

No, all events from John's time leading up to the second coming. This is why it was just as relevant to people of the first and second century (and all centuries in between) as it is to us here in the twenty-first ~ and, as John says in Revelation 1:3, a blessing to the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and to all those who hear, and who all those who keep what is written in it.

John gives us an account of how human government reacts to these events.
That's not his point at all, but rather that we should all be secure at all times of the fact that God is in control ~ despite how "government" or anyone else acts or reacts ~ and really despite the schemes and actions of Satan and who seemingly has won ~ and that the outcome is certain: Jesus wins. :) And that our eternal future is certain. This is the blessing that John is talking about, and it is for all people of all times.

Grace and peace to all.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose I will keep poking holes in your clouds with my wooden stick.
And I will watch you ~ from a distance, at least ~ continue to grope and poke in the dark. :) You know, I read a book once about fishermen in the north Atlantic who would get caught at sea in a storm, and they would be out on deck at night and they would look up and see what they thought were clouds with moonlight hitting them, only to find out very, very quickly that they were really very, very high breaking waves crashing down upon them... :)

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John was seeing life on earth today. That is not abstract. Life today would be an unexplainable literal reality.

Living in Paradise is not an abstract reality. We are never really told what goes on in Paradise. But many deny what we have been told, with the excuse heaven is too abstract for us. Is it abstract or is the literal normal reality of Paradise, still beyond our human ability to comprehend?

Yes, John uses symbolism. John also uses the same words for both symbolic and literal applications. Spiritual discernment is not the ability to interpret symbolism. Spiritual discernment is to know when John is being literal and being symbolic and to understand the difference.

The book is not written as if there is a conspiracy to hide.

John gives us an account of how human government reacts to these events. We are also given the fact that Satan himself will be out in the open, no longer hiding in the shadows, and he will have his army of rebel angels loosed for this time of judgment.
Red Dragon = symbolic of ........

Beast rising up from the sea = symbolic of........

Four Horsemen = symbolic of.......

7 candlesticks = symbolic of.........

Revelation has BOTH literal passages and symbolic passages