War: what should we do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you came through it mate..:)
Thanks! So am I!

I was in Viet Nam from August of 1964 to August of 1965. My duty station was at a microwave radio station located on a small U.S. Army compound within the Danang Air Force Base.

There were 16,000 Americans troops there when I arrived... almost none of them combat soldiers. When I left 12 months later there 65,000 and most of the increase consisted of combat troops. It was in January of that year that President LBJ began to escalate our military involvement:

Danang VN Signal Corps Compound 1964-1965.jpg

Reactions: Nancy and Dropship

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ecclesiastes 3:1 - To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;

A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
7 A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
8 A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a teenager in the 1960's, I seriously thought of joining the Brit army and sent off for a recruiting brochure, but after receiving it I changed my mind because I knew I'd never be able to take any orders I didn't agree with, or fight in any wars I didn't believe in.
Got a shock a couple of weeks later when a 'Sergeant Butterfield' came knocking my door on a courtesy follow-up visit in full dress uniform, stripes and all, so I never answered the door and dived behind the settee til he'd gone.
Later I got the recruiting form from the brochure and filled it in with the name and address of a kid down the road who nobody liked, and sent it in; dunno if they ever came for him..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
American Robert Mason (who wrote the book 'Chickenhawk' about his experiences in Nam) joined the US Army in the early 60's to be taught how to fly helis, and after qualifying was sent to Nam as a Huey pilot just as the war began to flare up.
I emailed him and asked him if with hindsight he wished he'd never gone, and he replied-
"It probably wouldn't have made any difference. I remember seeing a Newsweek magazine which showed a helicopter crewchief in Vietnam (1962) with a couple of captured VC. I recall thinking how advanced we were compared to the Vietnamese. How dangerous could it be? I think that goes for most of my comrades. You just can't see the danger when your of a certain age. Until you get there."

Mason-
robert-mason.jpg

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou shall not kill is a misnomer
Refers to premeditated murder!

man had right to self-defense or self-preservation!

and that extends to your country as long as it a just war!

and the right and duty to defend the indefensible!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To answer your question:

1. Not a single war has ever resolved anything (and this goes back to earliest times). So millions of men have really died for nothing. Think of the Charge of the Light Brigade.

7. The war in Ukraine was totally unnecessary. Had there been a "real" US president with guts, he would have simply sat down with Putin over a glass of vodka and told him that the minute he made a move to grab Ukraine, the Kremlin would be totally demolished, and Putin would be vaporized. That is the only language Putin understands. That is also the only language which the Russian bear understands.

I agree with all but number 7 somewhat. why well it's because Russia can destroy the USA easy as and the USA does not have a hope of winning against Russia, not does the whole world in fact as Russia can wipe us all out in a blink of an eye.

The powers that be after WW2 were total morons ! they soled out all of Poland and the rest just like a whore does in fact.
Look at the total fear that the West has had for Russia after WW2 ? but now ? well a war with Russia would of been much more easy to take on even in the 60's but now in 2022 come off it !
It's the 2ed most powerful Nation on earth that we are dealing with here now in fact, not some 3rd rate backward savages that the USA could not even win ? The MSM like to paint a picture of Russia as being some backwater that does not mean jack nowadays ? The MSM are totally off their face spreading all the delusions about how they paint Russia out to be ?

Russia is playing nice ! real nice so far, but the power that Russia has can make all of WW2 look like just a holiday camping trip !

Joe Biden is totally insane degenerate who backs up a comedian Stooge who is in fact an Anti-Christ ! not to mention Biden is a Satanist as well.

The main point in this War that Biden push forward full on from the beginning, is to try and steal the Russian Base away from Russia. not to mention a few other things, but it's funny that the MSM are not mentioning the Russian Base to much.

We are very lucky that we have Putin in charge of Russia in fact. because he has a very cool head on him, he is a very bright man in fact. but Biden is as dumb as in fact.
But we have total morons claiming to want to Kill Putin only because the MSM has peddled such childish insanity, Who comes in charge next ? Oh did not think of that :eek::rolleyes::oops:o_O.

So why the Cold shoulder treatment to Russia after the walls came down, it's been disgusting treatment of the Russian people who have been dealt like this by the West.
I thought we would all become as one and put the past behind us all when the wall came down, I remember i was like thank beep that is over, it was such a relief, that the world was to become safe for all.
Communism and Satanism would be gone. but No ! That was not the case at all, Satanism got stronger and the world became more enslaved by such cunning morons like Biden and crew.
Putin on the other hand was trying to drag Russia out of that Hell that Communism cause it's People, but people like Biden did not want that at all ! The worked at trying to get a deranged Communist Fagot into power over Russia, one of their own ! but Putin was promoting Christianity to lift the people up out of the enslavement of the past.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As a teenager in the 1960's, I seriously thought of joining the Brit army and sent off for a recruiting brochure, but after receiving it I changed my mind because I knew I'd never be able to take any orders I didn't agree with, or fight in any wars I didn't believe in.
Got a shock a couple of weeks later when a 'Sergeant Butterfield' came knocking my door on a courtesy follow-up visit in full dress uniform, stripes and all, so I never answered the door and dived behind the settee til he'd gone.
Later I got the recruiting form from the brochure and filled it in with the name and address of a kid down the road who nobody liked, and sent it in; dunno if they ever came for him..:)
@Dropship Well.....old Harold Wilson kept Britain out of the Vietnam War......... :)

Reactions: Dropship

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In WW2 Australia was happily minding its own business until the Japs made unprovoked air raids on Darwin, so (rightly or wrongly?) the Aussies mobilised-
"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the Allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army"- Fld Marshall William Slim

Aussies coming ashore-
View attachment 23861

The Japanese occupied New Guinea to the north of Australia.
From there they conducted air raids to prepare for a land invasion.

But the Aussie army was sent to New Guinea to stop the advance of the Japanese down the trail known as Kokoda.

The Japanese then decided to send a fleet directly to our east coast. This was intercepted by American fleet and became known as the battle of the Coral sea.

The battle is historically significant as the first naval battle in which the opposing fleets neither sighted nor fired upon one another, attacking over the horizon with aircraft carriers instead. A new naval strategy was born. The destroyers were no longer the most valuable ships in the fleet, the carriers were.

Luckily the Americans won the battle. They won every naval battle against the Japanese who had not invested as much into carriers as America had.

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't Cascius Clay refuse to go to Nam?
My dad escaped his country before turning 18 to avoid being sent to colonial wars in Africa.

Yes, Clay became a "mooslim" (that's how he pronounced it) and dodged the Nam draft that way.
I doubt if he and his muslim chums will be able to dodge satans draft to hell..;)

PS- Some pacifists refuse to fight but they gladly become medics and stretcher-bearers etc

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, Clay became a "mooslim" (that's how he pronounced it) and dodged the Nam draft that way.
I doubt if he and his muslim chums will be able to dodge satans draft to hell..;)

PS- Some pacifists refuse to fight but they gladly become medics and stretcher-bearers etc

Are you a vet?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In WW2 Australia was happily minding its own business until the Japs made unprovoked air raids on Darwin, so (rightly or wrongly?) the Aussies mobilised-
"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the Allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army"- Fld Marshall William Slim

Aussies coming ashore-
View attachment 23861
@Dropship Well....in the Vietnam War Harold Holt brought Australia into it.....

Then he disappeared while swimming.......

(Maybe some subterranean forces going on there......)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you a vet?

No, almost joined the Brit army in my teens but dropped the idea when I realised I wouldn't be able to take any orders I didn't agree with, or fight in any wars I didn't believe in..:)

PS- However my hobby is computer wargaming and I do quite well at it under my wargaming name 'Poor Old Spike', here's a 6" silver trophy I won; it sits on its own small table in my living room carefully positioned so that it's the first thing guests see when they arrive, and I can keep steering the conversation towards it during their visit..:)

RD-trophy.jpg

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks! So am I!

I was in Viet Nam from August of 1964 to August of 1965. My duty station was at a microwave radio station located on a small U.S. Army compound within the Danang Air Force Base.

There were 16,000 Americans troops there when I arrived... almost none of them combat soldiers. When I left 12 months later there 65,000 and most of the increase consisted of combat troops. It was in January of that year that President LBJ began to escalate our military involvement:

View attachment 23864

Sounds like u got out of there before it turned bad. Lucky.
I find it so ironic and unfortunate that America fought so hard to hold off the communists only to now be over run by it in many ways.
You know what I mean...

Reactions: amadeus

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Dropship Well....in the Vietnam War Harold Holt brought Australia into it.....
Then he disappeared while swimming.......
(Maybe some subterranean forces going on there......)

Perhaps he secretly went to Nam with a surfboard on a peace mission but the Cong took offence.
How about it Colonel?

"Charlie don't surf"
apocal5.jpg

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, almost joined the Brit army in my teens but dropped the idea when I realised I wouldn't be able to take any orders I didn't agree with, or fight in any wars I didn't believe in..:)

PS- However my hobby is computer wargaming and I do quite well at it under my wargaming name 'Poor Old Spike', here's a 6" silver trophy I won; it sits on its own small table in my living room carefully positioned so that it's the first thing guests see when they arrive, and I can keep steering the conversation towards it during their visit..:)

View attachment 23883

Oh so your a pom hey.
Fair enough.
The old enemy.
I'm sport and banter anyway
;)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Perhaps he secretly went to Nam with a surfboard on a peace mission but the Cong took offence.
How about it Colonel?

"Charlie don't surf"
The official version is that Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt drowned while swimming in strong seas when he thought he was a stronger swimmer than he really was....

And maybe this was true....