Warning Signs of a Diabolical Spirit and How to Recognize Them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I am trying to discuss deliverance ministry in an anti-Catholic pro-Calvin forum. It's not my fault (epostle) there has been no positive input from non-Catholic Christians, just derailers and insults from anti-Catholics. Maybe it's because most of the members here don't have a deliverance ministry, or deliverance aspects, in their churches. The purpose of the thread is to educate, and show that deliverance ministry is not primitive and barbaric as it is performed in SOME faith communities, and that everybody needs some kind of deliverance in some form. Not argue about Catholic Mariology. (the standard derailer when anti-Catholics have nothing to say about any given topic, such as the weather) If you can't see JESUS in the first few posts, there is nothing I can say that will correct your blindness.
The Bible clearly shows that Mary, through the grace of Christ, has great power over Satan. If you refuse to see that then you don't believe the Bible. But nowhere in the first page of this thread is Mary mentioned. Enoch sums it up well in post #11, but can't help to bring up Mary. The hostility about Catholic devotion to Jesus' mother is anti-Christian, denies development and not biblical. Anti-Catholics are more obsessed over Marian devotion than Catholics, in my experience.

Unfortunately, the anti-Catholics that dominate this forum don't care what Catholics really believe, nor do they care what the early Protestant reformers taught. Challenging with nonsensical arguments about what Catholics DON"T BELIEVE is not rational discussion, so I can't be bothered with Taylor's rants. But for open minded enquirers here is a link that explains everything about Mary but you were afraid to ask:
Mary: The Blessed Virgin (Index Page) There is more...
No matter how hard they try, anti-Catholics cannot throw Mary out of the bible. Now lets get back on the topic of deliverance, shall we? If that's possible in a pro-Calvin anti-Catholic forum.

One I am not anti cathlolic, just anti, anti christ, and I would not know what calvinsim is, I serve the Living Jesus Christ, what has He got to do with mens religions... I to was born and raised a catholic, and il will never go back there even at pain of death.

God bless

Reactions: Stan B

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, now I need to know the bible.. they are not enough it seems for many.
Salvation is not knowing Christ is God. Yes, you need to study the Bible. Look at Romans 10. Look at the Gospel of John. Scripture even says that we cannot know the way of salvation without the Bible. Do you believe God's word or not?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Salvation is not knowing Christ is God. Yes, you need to study the Bible. Look at Romans 10. Look at the Gospel of John. Scripture even says that we cannot know the way of salvation without the Bible. Do you believe God's word or not?
I believe Jesus Christ who is Gods word, God never replaced Him with a book, mankind did. It is Him who I, we need to believe for our faith and Life is in Him, and is the very reason why God sends mankind His spirit so we have a teacher, denied by many known by few.

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

no one needs the bible to know Christ or to show the world who He is, it contains the truth, but is it yours we believe or His.

I am the way the truth and the life.. says the Lord.

Why do the religious keep men from Christ

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"...Signs of the Diabolical Spirit.

14. Lack of deep devotion to Jesus through Mary.

So...we could be deeply devoted to Jesus, but unless it's through Mary, we've got ourselves a diabolical spirit?

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is not true. Without the Bible, you would not know who He is or be able to show Him to the world. I wonder if you really you really know who Christ is at all...
Actually you bible says different. Saul discovered Christ while walking down a road. So you dont know Him at all I can only assume, so the best you can do is lead people to the biblle because you are leaving Christ out. Without revelation you have nothing no matter how much you read that book. And if you really love selling God short, says a lot for you.

Reactions: Giuliano

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No debating? If you just want to put out a position with no possible debate get a website, don't put it on a DISCUSSION (debate) forum.
Why does everything have to be a debate? Why can't we have a mutual discussion? Thank you for your thought provoking contributions since you jumped aboard this thread!!!
Hello @Illuminator , and welcome to the forum. I am not Catholic but was raised Catholic. I have many Catholic friends. I do believe that The Virgin Mary is to be blessed among all women and to be honored as such. My only problem with certain Catholic beliefs is that she herself was born without sin, and prayers TO her. In the scriptures it say's that Jesus Christ is the only mediator to God the Father. BTW-there only a few Calvinists on this forum and I most certainly do NOT believe in that doctrine! Yikes!! I personally believe that Genesis 3:15 is pertaining to Eve. JMHO
Peace and Love in Jesus,
nancy
PS- The ignore button will make your time spent here much more pleasant if used rightly :)
Thanks for the advice. BTW, that's 4-5 off topics. Mary: The Blessed Virgin (Index Page) Are your Catholic friends practicing Catholics who study apologetics and can explain things properly, or are they Catholics by inertia or ethnicity?
So...we could be deeply devoted to Jesus, but unless it's through Mary, we've got ourselves a diabolical spirit?
No, the list are signs, not altruisms. The Church has never taught that nonsense, but I get the impression you wish she did. The anti-Mary animus in some Protestant sects has deteriorated to the point of being diabolical. No early reformer, and no Protestant church before the 1890's taught that Mary sinned, or that Mary had other children. They are false man made traditions that impinge on the uniqueness if the Incarnation and that is why they are doctrines of demons, IMO (my opinion, not Church teaching). Such novel inventions are a sure indicator of theological chaos, a backward degeneration because they were never contentious issues until long AFTER the reformation.
This is not true. Without the Bible, you would not know who He is or be able to show Him to the world. I wonder if you really you really know who Christ is at all...
Without the CHURCH, you would have no BIBLE. A BOOK can't preserve itself without PEOPLE. I wonder if you think you know Christ better than me, measured by the degree you disrespect His mother??? You show no sign whatsoever of showing her the respect the Bible says, directly and indirectly, is due to her. Your anti-Mary mentality is not biblical.
Mary: The Blessed Virgin (Index Page)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without the CHURCH, you would have no BIBLE.
without the"church" we would still have God Jesus and the Holy Spirit and a whole lot less deception and lies.

It is funny how you speak of diabolical spirits than tell us we cant question you. Thats outright diabolical,

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you bible says different. Saul discovered Christ while walking down a road. So you dont know Him at all I can only assume, so the best you can do is lead people to the biblle because you are leaving Christ out. Without revelation you have nothing no matter how much you read that book. And if you really love selling God short, says a lot for you.
All of this is false. Paul already knew about Christ because it was A DIFFERENT TIME. Yes, Christ appeared to him, but that was before Revelation. Before the canon closed. I'm not leaving Christ out. Stop lying.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this is false. Paul already knew about Christ because it was A DIFFERENT TIME. Yes, Christ appeared to him, but that was before Revelation. Before the canon closed. I'm not leaving Christ out. Stop lying.
So Jesus couldn't appear to anyone after John wrote Revelation? What a strange thought!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You don't state facts, you state paranoid anti-Catholic fundamentalist garbage that has no place in this thread. You disregard epostle's polite request because anti-Catholics are short on manners. 90% of what you have been taught about the Catholic Church is false. Have a bash fest on another thread and try to reply to Catholics like we were human beings.
i was taught by the bible which is the word of God just saying

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
without the"church" we would still have God Jesus and the Holy Spirit and a whole lot less deception and lies.

It is funny how you speak of diabolical spirits than tell us we cant question you. Thats outright diabolical,
Where did I say I can't be questioned? Asking for no debating means no arrogant flaming zingers that derail the thread, just like you have done continuously. You have no manners.

"without the"church" we would still have God Jesus and the Holy Spirit and a whole lot less deception and lies."
Really? that's not what the Bible says. You change the meaning of "church" into something sinister. That is a recently invented man made tradition. Anti-institutional individualist Christians can't even organize a soup kitchen, let alone a third world hospital. That flavor of Christianity is division into oblivion.

30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a “Bible, Holy Spirit and me” mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed “infallible” statements about the nature of Christianity.
150 Reasons Why I’m Catholic (You Should Be Too!) – Our Catholic Faith

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i was taught by the bible which is the word of God just saying
Again, 90% of what you were taught the Bible says about the Catholic Church is false. We have to re-invent the wheel and start at the beginning with the same boring arguments that have been refuted a million times. Anti-Catholics are incapable of criticizing recent teachings (<100 years) because it requires thought and study. The Papal Encyclicals Online
They can only scream Mary! Mary Mary!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, the list are signs, not altruisms. The Church has never taught that nonsense, but I get the impression you wish she did. The anti-Mary animus in some Protestant sects has deteriorated to the point of being diabolical. No early reformer, and no Protestant church before the 1890's taught that Mary sinned, or that Mary had other children. They are false man made traditions that impinge on the uniqueness if the Incarnation and that is why they are doctrines of demons, IMO (my opinion, not Church teaching). Such novel inventions are a sure indicator of theological chaos, a backward degeneration because they were never contentious issues until long AFTER the reformation.

Okay...a few things, I suppose. Signs, altruism or what have you, there was still the implication that if one doesn't find ones devotion or connection to Christ with, through or connected to Mary in some way, then it is somehow connected with a 'diabolical spirit'. Now...if that's not what 'the church' teaches or means, then I would say that perhaps the OP was voiced poorly.
Secondly, if you get the 'impression' that I wish 'the church' taught that nonsense, that in itself is nonsense. My objection is to the idea that one cannot be fully, deeply and completely devoted to Christ Jesus without his mother entering the worship or the relationship.
And as far as Protestants being anti-Mary - I would question that interpretation. I think it's possible to recognize the fact that she was a godly woman who played an essential role in God's plan. But just as we don't elevate other biblical figures God used as essential to his plan; Abraham, Jacob, Elijah, David, John...so we should not Mary. As far as churches teaching that Mary didn't sin or have children, I'm sorry, I don't buy your "historical" claim, not without hard evidence. And even with it, the bible simply wipes it off the table. It refers numerous times to Jesus' bothers and sisters (Mark 6:3; Matt 12:46; John 2:12; John 7:3,5,10; Acts 1:14; 1 Cor 9:5; Gal 1:19). And it never tells us that Mary is sinless. It DOES, however, tell us that ALL people sin (Rom 3:23). So, unless you can come up with some startling biblical evidence that points to the contrary, all the "historical" evidence in the world only points to human error.

Reactions: Stan B and Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You change the meaning of "church" into something sinister.
Man did that long ago when he , man..

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

so many religious are going to get the fright of their lives.