Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
???why did Adam and his wife not eat from the tree of life?

You wrote the opposite of events since Adam did eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6), and no freewill is therein just like Paul wrote with "not willingly" and "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

why did they spend the intervening time ((how much time?)) making fig-tunics instead?

They became aware of their flesh, and they tried to cover themselves for it is written "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings" (Genesis 3:7), and no freewill is therein just like Paul wrote with "not willingly" and "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

why did he change her name from "taken-from-man" to "mother-of-all-the-living" when her death-judgement was pronounced?

Scripture does not state Eve (Genesis 3:20) is a replacement for Woman (Genesis 2:23).

Your question is irrelevant to the fact that scripture does not indicate free will for Adam nor Eve, just like Paul wrote with "not willingly" and "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

why does God say Adam ((not Eve)) has become like one of ((The)) Us?

Adam and Eve are one flesh, for thus says the Lord "from the beginning of creation, [God] made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together let no man separate" (Mark 10:6-9).

They were both one flesh removed from the garden (Genesis 3:23-24, Genesis 4:1).

No free will indicated therein, just like Paul wrote with "not willingly" and "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

because he's incapable of believing God?

"Believing" is not mentioned in the creation account (Genesis 1-3).

why are neither the man nor the woman cursed, but only the ground for his sake and the Serpent?

Man did not curse the ground, and man did not curse the serpent; therefore, it is impossible for the cursing to indicate free will for man.

Still, no free will indicated in scripture, just like Paul wrote with "not willingly" and "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

You, like Adam who was incapable of choosing God in obedience, are in the flesh, and "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Ezekiel 28:13 You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every kind of precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald. Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold, prepared on the day of your creation.

Back To Genesis it says And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed

Adam Was Declared Good, If Adam choose to know Evil what do you think it would look like, He had a Choice, opening that Door lead to all the evil that is in the world, you have free will to make choices but there are consequences for actions

You wrote "Adam Was Declared Good"; however, no scripture states that which you wrote.

This means you added to scripture, and adding to scripture is equivalent to writing that God does not know what God is talking about.

You wrote "He had a Choice" about Adam having been made with a free will, but that is opposite of the Apostle Paul's writing.

Despite the Creation account in Genesis 1-3 being silent about man's "will", there exists Apostolic teaching on the matter of man's "will" with regard to the creation account.

Adam did not exercise willpower to disobey God's command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:16-17) for Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB); therefore, Adam did not make a choice, not a willing choice, to eat.

A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".

Some people may claim that Paul was referring to a timeframe exclusively after what they call "the fall" (after Adam ate of the tree [Genesis 3:6]), but the continuity of the passage of Romans 8:20-22must be taken as a whole.

Paul left no room for disputing to the timeframe for which "not willingly" applies, for Paul also wrote "we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:22), and the phrase "until now" is the timeframe's most recent limiting factor which memes that all times prior to "now" are included, so "the whole creation" includes the moment after God breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7) until Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6); therefore, we can be certain that Paul includes the timeframe that Adam ate of the tree in the travailing/groaning because Paul wrote of all of this in the same passage, i.e. Romans 8:20-22.

Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6).

There is no free will allocated to Adam just as the original post shows, and because of this no person thereafter received a free will.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote the opposite of events since Adam did eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6),

Friend you don't seem to have understood any of what I asked.

I asked why they only ate of the tree of dying-ye-shall-die?
Why did they not eat of the tree of life afterwards?
They clearly could have. They had plenty of time, but they made tunics of fig leaves instead. Why?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At John 8:56-58 it says, “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

On this expression a comment is made in the Abbé Drioux edition of the Holy Bible which translates John 8:58 as, “Before Abraham was, I am, in fact God eternal, before Abraham was born.” In a footnote in his Bible translation Monsignor Ronald A. Knox says regarding the expression, "I AM" at John 8:58 he says, "here our Lord seems explicitly to claim a Divine title and then tells readers to compare Exodus 3:14.” and when you turn to Exodus 3:14 it reads, “God said to Moses: I AM WHO AM. He said: Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel: HE WHO IS, hath sent me to you.” But the King James Version reads this scripture this way: “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”

The expression “I AM” is there used as a title or a name, and in the Hebrew this expression is the one word, "Ehyéh (אהיה)." At Exodus 3:14 Jehovah God was there speaking to Moses and sending him to the children of Israel. Well, was Jesus claiming to be Jehovah God at John 8:58? Not according to many modern Bible translators, as the following quotations will prove:
Moffatt translation says at John 8:58, “I have existed before Abraham was born.”
Schonfield which is An American Translation reads, “I existed before Abraham was born.”
Stage a German translation says, “Before Abraham came to be, I was.”
Pfaefflin another German translation says, “Before there was an Abraham, I was already there!”
George M. Lamsa, translating from the Syriac Peshitta, says, “Before Abraham was born, I was.”
Dr. James Murdock, also translating from the Syriac Peshitto Version, says, “Before Abraham existed, I was.”
The Brazilian Sacred Bible published by the Catholic Bible Center of São Paulo says, “Before Abraham existed, I was existing.” None of these translations translates John 8:58 as if Jesus was saying he was the only True God here by saying he was the "I AM."

Also, when Jesus spoke to those Jews, he spoke to them in the Hebrew of his day, not in Greek. So how Jesus said, John 8:58 to the Jews is therefore presented to us in modern Hebrew translations, a couple of these modern translations by Hebrew scholars translated John 8:58 as follows:
Dr. Franz Delitzsch: “Before Abraham was, I have been.”
Isaac Salkinson and David Ginsburg says, “I have been when there had as yet been no Abraham.”
In both of these Hebrew translations the translators are using the expression “I have been” these two Hebrew words which are both a pronoun and a verb are, "aní hayíthi;" they do not use the one Hebrew word, "Ehyéh." So they do not make out that at John 8:58 Jesus was trying to imitate Jehovah God and give us the impression that he himself was Jehovah, the I AM.

Now we know that the Apostle John wrote his gospel in the Greek language, and here at John 8:58 the
Controversial expression is, "Egó eimí."
Now this expression without any introductory material ahead of it, means, "I AM." Well here at John 8:58 is there introductory material ahead of the expression, "Egó eimí," yes, this also true at John 8:24,28 where the expression, "Egó eimí" is translated, "I am he" not as, "I AM." So why isn't John 8:58 translated as, "I am he" since John 8:58 has introductory material ahead of the expression, "Egó eimí" just as John 8:24, 28 does. I mean I would understand the expression, "Egó eimí" being translated, "I AM" if the expression, "Egó eimí" stood alone without any introductory material ahead of it, but that's not the case.
The context shows that Jesus was talking about the fact he was older than Abraham that he was in existence long before Abraham was born. That's all that Jesus was saying, Jesus wasn't saying he was God, so he wasn't trying to use the expression, "Egó eimí" to imitate what God had inspired to be written down at Exodus 3:14.
Trinitarians want to give us the idea that Jesus was not simply referring to his existence but also giving himself a title that belongs to Jehovah God, in imitation of Exodus 3:14.

As I said before when writing John 8:58 the apostle was not quoting from the Greek Septuagint Version, a translation of the Hebrew Scriptures made by Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, Egypt, before the birth of Christ, and I said let anyone who reads Greek compare John 8:58 in Greek and Exodus 3:14 in the Greek
Septuagint, and he will find that the Septuagint reading of Exodus 3:14 does not use the expression, "Egó eimí" for God’s name, that doesn't mean that the words, Egó eimí are not there, I said that the expression Egó eimí wasn't used for God's name. When God says to Moses: “I AM hath sent me unto you.” The Greek Septuagint uses the expression ho Ōn, which means “The Being,” or, “The One who is.” This fact is clearly presented to us in Bagster’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, at Exodus 3:14 which reads: “And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING [ho Ōn]; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING [ho Ōn] has sent me to you.” Thus this comparison of the two Greek texts, that of the Septuagint and that of John 8:58, removes all basis for trinitarians to argue that Jesus, in John 8:58, was trying to fit Exodus 3:14 to himself, as if he was Jehovah God.

The expression, "Egó eimí ho Ōn" isn't what's used at John 8:58 only the expression, "Egó eimí" is, so if Jesus was telling us that he was the True God who spoke to Moses at Exodus 3:14 which uses the expression, "Egó eimí
hoŌn," not, "Egó eimí" by itself, why didn't Jesus use the whole expression?

Lord Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

Jesus says I AM, and He did not say "I was created".

So, one week before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM ring true.

And, two weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM resound true.

And, three weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM are true.

And, the minute prior to the minute any of all the angels were created Jesus' words of I AM trumpet true.

No matter how many weeks going back in time before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM remain absolutely true; therefore, Jesus declares Himself God with reference to I AM (Exodus 3:14).

Going back in time, Jesus is always I AM, never created, He is always I AM.

Going back in time, anytime in all eternity because Jesus says "before Abraham" with no exceptions, Jesus Being.

Going back in time, Jesus Being.

Jesus is I AM, that is God, so His words ring true for you that "unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).

This post ties with the prior post God had me make to you about "I"/"Ego" and "am"/"eimi" in both Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58.

The Apostle Thomas testified that Lord Jesus Christ is God when he said "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).

Again, Lord Jesus is I AM (John 8:58, Exodus 3:14), that is God (John 20:28), so His words ring true for you that "unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You wrote "Adam Was Declared Good"; however, no scripture states that which you wrote.

This means you added to scripture, and adding to scripture is equivalent to writing that God does not know what God is talking about.

You wrote "He had a Choice" about Adam having been made with a free will, but that is opposite of the Apostle Paul's writing.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

God create man in his image and likeness and declared it is was Good, Even Very Good All right there on the first Chapter of a bible clear as you like, Yep Adam Had a Choice he wasn't a robot or an animal and proven by his actions, You have choice as well, your choosing To Deceive and Accuse, you shouldn't do that

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They became aware of their flesh, and they tried to cover themselves for it is written "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings" (Genesis 3:7)

what does 'naked' mean?
did they know they were dead?
did Adam know his wife was dying when she approached him with the fruit?
why didn't they eat of the tree of life?
why choose to cover themselves?
why choose fig leaves?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture does not state Eve (Genesis 3:20) is a replacement for Woman (Genesis 2:23).

i didn't say she was a replacement. i asked why Adam called his wife Woman by the name Eve at the moment that he did so.

he changed her name ((lol not change wives)) -- why?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve are one flesh, for thus says the Lord "from the beginning of creation, [God] made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together let no man separate" (Mark 10:6-9).

this is inconsistent with them being judged separately.

so why did God say "Behold!!" Adam is become like one of ((the)) Us?

the Hebrew says 'the' man -- definite article, and singular -- indicating it's specifically Adam, not 'a man' and not 'mankind'

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Believing" is not mentioned in the creation account

{belief/unbelief} is binary.

please state plainly: is your position that Adam & his wife are unbelievers?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man did not curse the ground, and man did not curse the serpent

uh huh... nobody said that, ever.

i asked you why Adam & his wife were not cursed - why only Satan & the ground 'for Adam's sake' ?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no free will indicated in scripture

i guess you haven't noticed but i'm talking about Genesis 2-4, not about your hypercalvinism. it's important.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, like Adam who was incapable of choosing God in obedience, are in the flesh

um, you're accusing me of this because i asked a string of obvious questions that absolutely everyone who is conscious & reads Genesis 2-4 should ask?

wow

this is a very weird forum.

Reactions: HisLife

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For your point 1, you wrote "Hearing the word of God is available to all, not just the few elect.", and I would like to elaborate that the word "elect" means "chosen".

The Word of God says "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted" (Matthew 13:11).

One of you is dead wrong, and it is most certainly not the Word of God who is wrong!

For your point 2, you wrote "Jesus said when He was lifted up, He would draw ALL MEN to Himself" as support for freewill.

The Apostle John attributed that statement of Jesus specifically to "He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die" (John 12:33), no indication for freewill nor hearing mentioned by John respecting the recorded Word in John 12:32.

Furthermore, when the Lord says "I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself" (John 12:32), then:
  • Jesus does NOT state that "all men" are granted any ability, including no ability impartation to hear and/or understand.
  • no one can hear and understand unless Jesus causes a man's ears to be open, "Ephphatha" (Mark 7:32-37).
  • scripture must be taken with scripture "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day" (John 6:44).

You wrote "All who hear the word, believe and are drawn by Jesus".

Let's focus in on "believe".

One does not control one's believing in Jesus for the Holy One says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29); therefore, the Holy One controls people's believing in Jesus.

You wrote "Even Gods own elect were able to reject their Messiah - and even kill Him" in reference to Israel.

Paul wrote "they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel" (Romans 9:6).

No scripture states that the Jews could choose Jesus for salvation, and that includes the verses you mentioned.

You wrote "Free will to reject faith and reject Jesus is why not all who hear the word and are drawn by Jesus are saved".

And, relatedly, you wrote "Naming two sinless people is beyond irrelevant, since it’s well known that because Adam sinned,, humanity has inherited a sin nature, so that all have sinned since then" as your final paragraph.

You contradict yourself because you also wrote "The very serious problem with claiming Adam had no choice but to sin and fall, is that makes God the author of sin".

The point of me writing:
  • Curtis, name two mere people that were not created by God. Even one.
  • Curtis, name two mere people who never sinned.
was to demonstrate that God creates everyone, God's chosen ones receiving Christ (believers) and the ones rejecting Christ (sinners) and the ones not exosed to the Gospel of Christ (sinners).

God created everyone, and this does not make God the author of sin.

Adam, made by God, did not have a choice per the Word of God,

Man is accountable for his sins, but you try to pin the sin of man on God when you wrote "that makes God the author of sin".

That is a very sinful thing you have done!

@grumix8 since you liked Curtis' post, this all goes for you too.

No scripture states Adam was imparted freewill, so no person thereafter has a free will, just as the original post shows.

You can’t escape the fact that faith comes from hearing the word of God Romans 10:17.

You can’t escape the fact that Jesus draws all men unto Himself now. John 12:32

You can’t escape that God gives everyone a measure of faith. Romans 12:3

You can’t escape the fact of freewill in the Bible, such as when Israel was told to CHOOSE who they will serve, Jehovah God, or the Gods of the Amorites: Joshua 24:14

You can’t escape the freewill shown in Jeremiah 18, the potter and clay chapter, where God makes clear that He will have mercy on those who repent, even if He’s decided to punish them, and take back His mercy from those He already blessed, if they turn to evil:

Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;

Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.

Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;

Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

And you can’t escape the warning against calling good evil, by your making God the evil author of sin for making Adam sin, then punishing him and all mankind for committing the sin that God forced him to commit.

God had judged Nineveh and was going to destroy them, but when they chose to repent God gave them mercy.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam who was incapable of choosing God

BTW

i'm pretty sure when God tells Adam "because you listened to the voice of your wife" He's indicating that Adam, undeceived, made a choice ;)

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Free Will does not exist, as you claim, I choose nothing, ever. So I do only what God determined for me to do.

God is so very powerful, and you are so impotent. You have stated something accurately; however, you failed to cite scripture for support. Here is the Apostle Paul's writing:

"You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory" (Romans 9:19-23).

By the way, Adam did not have free will because the Apostle Paul also wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB).

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, Adam did not have free will because the Apostle Paul also wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, NASB).

some context would clear away the fog here:

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
(Romans 8:18-25, nkjv)​

our hope - being fully redeemed as sons of God, is here contrasted with the hope of the creation ((being a separate entity from "us" who are already a new creation)): the hope of the creation ((distinct from "us")) is the revealing of the redeemed & restored mankind reconciled with God.

so Romans 8:18-25 isn't talking about Adam being subject to frustration 'not willingly' but about the ground being cursed in Genesis 2 for Adam's sake.
Adam sinned in a very particular way, after his wife sinned ((see Romans 5)). Adam sinned without being deceived ((see 1 Timothy 2)).
sin entered the world through Adam even tho he was not the first to sin: 1st Satan, then those angels he deceived, then Woman, then Adam ((why?)). Adam wasn't deceived, and God cursed the earth for the sake of Adam. God did not curse the creation because of Satan, nor the fallen angels, nor for Woman: He cursed the earth for Adam's sake -- for Adam's benefit; because of Adam: God is good. He's saving Adam, saving us -- not cursing us.

Adam & Woman confessed their sin before Him. they repented. they recognized their actions as sin. they turned to Him, answering Him, not hiding their iniquity form Him when He called. Adam heard, understood, & believed God; therefore Adam changed his wife's name. he is one of the wisest men in all of scripture - of whom God said, he has become like Us, and of whom God said, he is a type of Christ ((see again Romans 5, and Genesis 3)).

Last edited:

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Post I see your promblem please don't make so many posts just make one or two with all the questions you made and the promblem is that you do not understand the old way of speaking of the hebrew how it was stated how G-d said to Adam you will not be in the garden of Eden and he left and he will die. You do not understand the old way of speaking and it special and the way People of the time of Abraham and Moses spoke how the rules was establish and the way of thinking we are heirs to that inheritance Jesus speak of but it is not that when G-d told adam you can't eat from the garden it was prohibited by him to take from the tree of life and an angel was placed to make sure none of his descandants take it Cain or Abel were not allowed.

When he was naked, if they knew what is death, and all those things need to be looked how the people of Abraham and Moses lived because they still have remnants understanding back in those days of experience and story told by thier fathers, fathers and fathers lineage told he gave the word to us and we continue his word you are trying to understand thinsg thru our modern times and thier gaps inside history for us to understand. So wait let me get you rood awakening guy and doug batchelor they will give you light in that understanding.

rood awakening guy

see them and they will give you explaination and to the right mindset and you will understand your questions ;D.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post I see your promblem please don't make so many posts just make one or two with all the questions you made and the promblem is that you do not understand the old way of speaking of the hebrew how it was stated how G-d said to Adam you will not be in the garden of Eden and he left and he will die. You do not understand the old way of speaking and it special and the way People of the time of Abraham and Moses spoke how the rules was establish and the way of thinking we are heirs to that inheritance Jesus speak of but it is not that when G-d told adam you can't eat from the garden it was prohibited by him to take from the tree of life and an angel was placed to make sure none of his descandants take it Cain or Abel were not allowed.

When he was naked, if they knew what is death, and all those things need to be looked how the people of Abraham and Moses lived because they still have remnants understanding back in those days of experience and story told by thier fathers, fathers and fathers lineage told he gave the word to us and we continue his word you are trying to understand thinsg thru our modern times and thier gaps inside history for us to understand. So wait let me get you rood awakening guy and doug batchelor they will give you light in that understanding.

rood awakening guy

see them and they will give you explaination and to the right mindset and you will understand your questions ;D.

i'll listen to the sermon on my commute tomorrow morning.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The creation was subjected, yes, after sin entered the world. Not to loss of Free Will, but to decay.

It is subject to something described using the Greek word mataiotēti. This term implies something warped, perverse, sickly, weak, or false. This futility—or "frustration"—came long ago, when sin entered into the world. God did not create the world this way, and creation itself did not choose this. The trees and streams and animals and sky did not choose an existence of frustration. Rather, God subjected creation to frustration in response to Adam's choice to sin in the garden of Eden.

That is NOT what the Apostle Paul wrote. He wrote:

"the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

Paul wrote "until now" (Romans 8:22) meaning that EVERYTHING in creation before Paul's timestamp of NOW.

This means Adam could NOT free will choose obedience to God's command recorded in Genesis 2:16-17 because (A) Adam is part of creation and (B) Paul wrote "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly" (Romans 8:20).

You wrote the sentence "The trees and streams and animals and sky did not choose an existence of frustration", so you neglected to use the word "willingly" which Paul used in Romans 8:20.

Let me take your sentence with some adjustments, "Adam did not willingly choose to eat of the tree to an existence of frustration". That works for there was no free will for Adam.

You brought up the Greek word behind the word "futility", the word ματαιότητι
(mataiotēti futility Strong's 3153) shows precisely that nothing in the creation was able to willingly cause the creation into futility which includes the fact that Adam did not willingly eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6, Romans 8:20).

Adam was flesh, so Adam could not free will choose God, and Paul wrote "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will isn't only about choosing Jesus.

"It means: the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion."
That can include everything from what color socks you wear to your eternal destiny.

You defiantly think you can choose Jesus, even right up against His words of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

You defiantly think you can come to Jesus in your "autonomous" power, even right up against His words of "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21).

According to Jesus, you DO NOT HAVE "the ability to act at one's own discretion" (from your post) unto believing in Jesus unto being saved from the wrath of God.

Therefore, your "choice" cannot be Lord Jesus Christ for you are reviling King Jesus' majesty (2 Peter 2:9-10).