Was Jesus/Yeshua born with a Sin Nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a sin nature? Jesus was tempted by the devil. Why was he tempted? It's because Jesus was flesh and flesh is prone to sin, but Jesus fid not committ sin even though tempted. It's his example to us as I stated. So, being in the flesh as we are he was likewise tempted as we are. What's your point?

There are no scriptures that say what you're implying. Nor do the ones you've quoted. The fact is Jesus was tempted by the devil, unsuccessfully. But that doesn't mean he swallowed the devils bait and sinned? No he did not. And yes, therefore, God cannot be SUCCESSFULLY tempted. But Jesus was in the flesh and being in the flesh was as vulnerable as anyone, yet he did not sin, unlike us who all have and was in fact without spot. He is our example.
I think someone claimed Jesus had a sin nature. I was showing the contradiction that creates. We know as the lamb he was witout spot or stain of sin. If he had a sin nature then he would be with spot or stain of sin as the lamb.

Reactions: Scott Downey

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 10:13
God still governs human experience
No temptation has come your way that is too hard for flesh and blood to bear. But God can be trusted not to allow you to suffer any temptation beyond your powers of endurance. He will see to it that every temptation has a way out, so that it will never be impossible for you to bear it.

I always look for the exit door from temptation asking for forgiveness, being filled with the Spirit and ask the Holy Spirit and Jesus to pray with me (Romans 8).

Reactions: Scott Downey